• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Direct GIF comparisons between original and remake
  • jett

Community Resettler
    Oct 25, 2017
    I'm pretty sure if the thread title said "this new Alladin sneak peak looks great" most replies would be quite different. It's amazing how hyperbole is contagious around these parts.

Or maybe people remember what the original musical sequence was like?

Hmk84Kg.gif

mL0IEQw.gif

dXY6sCB.gif

There's like no action or dynamism whatsoever in the remake. Will Smith is just dancing through the streets doing basically jack as the Genie.

New TV Spot (looks... decent...)
  • Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
    With every new tv spot the movie looks better and better tbh. I like the in camera Bollywood vibe of their dance numbers. The vitriol this movie is getting seems a bit overblown.

Reason to believe IGN clip is worse than final release will be
  • KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
    What is up with IGN exclusive clips being awful?

Not that I expect it to be dramatically better in the movie itself but I'm pretty sure their exclusive clip of Venom was edited differently from the movie.

Proof we as a fallen society did not deserve Paige O'Hara as Belle
  • jett

Community Resettler
    Oct 25, 2017
    I don't have time or bandwidth to be mad about it but I am legit surprised to find out Will Smith can't sing. I guess I just assumed he was a triple threat.

Honestly I was surprised too. Not like Robin Williams was some great singer but man this dude is Will Smith. It doesn't sound like Smith is even straining his voice at all and they still had to autotune him for some mundane shit. He can't sing at all.

Frankly, Disney should go back to dubbing in real singers over the actors like they used to do in the past. Not sure how, when or why did this stop being a thing.

Instead we're forced to suffer garbage like Emma Watson sounding like a robot