• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit late, but I think it's worth noting that Pendulum Magicians are meta again (largely due to other decks being nerfed and the fact that it's one of the few Combo decks that can easily play around Nibiru, a card from the latest mega tin)

Edit: Also next is Borrelsword I'm guessing

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
searched this thread and not one mention of the "Dizzy" cards

Borrelsword Dragon
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Borrelsword Dragon
Generation 6: VRAINS
Users: Ryoken Kogami (a.k.a Revolver)

Artwork:

Agni Kai 's favorite card to face against is here!

What if we took a classic Final Fantasy Gunblade and made it into a freaking dragon?

The only good character in VRAINS has the answer!

13462274d3e6c0906696575f91a32ec7021c4156f512e7963e04cd823d9b487a.png.jpg

I've talked about how Revolver is the leader of the Knights of Hanoi. But he is also the son of the man responsible for the experiments that caused many children to be put in cages and forced to duel to gather data to create the Ignis AIs, this event ruined the childhood of Yusaku, turning him into the amazing man with no personality, as well as Takeru, who became Soulburner to find revenge. You'd think Revolver's story is all about sins of the father and him trying to do the right thing, and you'd be right...Except he gives exactly 0 fucks about the past,. The people who were hurt, all the damage the Ignis created, Revolver lets none of that define him or drag him down. He's a pragmatist who wants to make sure such events never happen again, no matter how dirty handed he has to get to ensure it.

As the anti-Hero of the show,Revolver uses his "Vullet" ("Rocket" in the english version) cards to mow down whoever stands in his way, he is also the first character in the series to remember Synchro Summoning is a thing, and his trash talk is completely on point, Kaiba would be proud. Too bad my boi is wasted in what I consider the worst YGO show ever made, but his insane combos are always cool to see.

While his ace monster is the already reviewed "Borreload Dragon", he has another ace up his sleeve, The LINK-4, DARK, Dragon-Type Link Monster "Borrelsword Dragon"

The art for borrelsword dragon is a bit hard to make out, so here. I seriously cannot hate on this card's design, it's a freaking Dragon whose body is a gun but it's head transforms into a sword! And while I really dislike the "Gun Barrel" torso all the "Borrel" cards have, I think the rest of the armor on this dragon looks cool enough, I just wish the card gave some space to let the background do something for it, the already generic looking explosion background is almost invisible given how much frame space the creature takes up. Maybe you could trim some fat from the design to make it better, but as it is, rule of cool makes it un-hateable for me.

Boasting an impressive 3000 ATK, Borrelsword Dragon cannot be destroyed by battle, making it impossible to take down via brute force, you will need to use a card effect to get rid of it. Borrelsword laughs at the idea of Defense Position monsters, I think this card may be a bit salty due to it having no DEF value, so he takes it out on monsters by making them change their attack position, this effect cannot be countered in any way, making it a good way to put an opponent's monster on a vulnerable position.

Last but not least,when this card declares an attack on a face-up monster until the end of this turn, this card will gain ATK equal to half of it's target's ATK also that monster's ATK will be halved.

Borrelsword is very tough a monster to face if you have no plan and frankly fantastic card,

In terms of support, any decent Borrel deck will also summon the friends he made during the apology tour.

And even if you DON'T play against a Borrel deck, Borrelsword is so easy to summon that it is a popular pick for Extra Decks no matter what strategy you play. If you ever decide to go back to play this game, you'll be meeting this Gun Blade Dragon A LOT.

TRIVIA TIME!

This card can combine it's swords to transform it's face into an even bigger blade, as you can see on this card:

Next Up!
tumblr_o0la9hWvo91sox1blo1_500.gif

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
And even if you DON'T play against a Borrel deck, Borrelsword is so easy to summon that it is a popular pick for Extra Decks no matter what strategy you play. If you ever decide to go back to play this game, you'll be meeting this Gun Blade Dragon A LOT.

I know this. My poor deck knows this.

Thank you for reviewing this card!

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Your poor deck just got new support confirmed as the next "Legendary Duelist" expansion focuses on the 6 protagonists

That might help

Dark-Magicians-the-Ultimate-Wizards.jpg

Magicians-Souls.jpg

Translations at the link, and more to come, usually the legendary decks bring about 6-7 new cards for each Gen's character

I got so happy reading this. I might wait on buying the 2 remaining copies of Apprentice Illusion Magician then, as these ones might be cheaper!

Will have to try my luck opening packs though. I swear I opened like 10 Dark Side of Dimensions packs and I didn't get a single Dark Magician Girl, so I don't know if I will be able to get at least one Apprentice.

EDIT: Right! Any idea when this expansion might get to the west?

Last edited:
Firewall Dragon Darkfluid
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Firewall Dragon Darkfluid
Users: Yusaku Fujiki (a.k.a Playmaker)

Artwork:

300px-FirewallDragonDarkfluid-CHIM-JP-UR.png

3+ Effect Monsters
If this card is Link Summoned: You can place counters on this card equal to the number of Cyberse monsters in your GY of a different monster card type (Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz). Gains 2500 ATK for each of these counters on this card during the Battle Phase only. When your opponent activates a monster effect (Quick Effect): You can remove 1 counter from this card; negate the activation, also, if this effect was activated while this card attacked, it can make a second attack in a row.

Yusaku and his AI partner Ai, The Ignis of Darkness face Bohman and the evil AI of Lightning for one final clash. Yusaku and Ai believe that humans and AIs can coexist together, and build a better future through cooperation...Ai and Yusaku have spent 102 episodes bonding together and becoming the best of friends, so much so that there is no doubts in their minds that AI and Human CAN and MUST work together and be friends (Please remember this plot point, it will be important in the next review, LMAO). Meanwhile Lightning ran a million simulations, all of them showing that humans and AI will destroy each other, but here's the catch, the simulations only apply if Lightning himself is a factor, angered by the thought of being a failure, he *Checks Notes*....Concludes that all AI must reign supreme instead. To that end, he uses Bohman as his vessel to fight against the heroes.
latest

During this final clash, Yusaku ( who has already defeated Bohman FOUR TIMES before this match, thus removing any sort of tension from the fight) gives brings his A-game, he uses all of his best links, including his "Ace" Firewall Dragon (this is like, the 4th time he ever uses it in 102 episodes) and then proceeds to use all of his Ritual, Fusion, Synchro and Xyz monsters that I have already reviewed as part of season 2's "Sorry we fucked the Extra Deck mechanics" apology tour. But when none of them cut it, Yusaku gathers the strength to bring a new power that represents the wishes of those other humans that talk to him sometimes...err...I mean, his friends.

After a completely out of character friendship speech,he goes beyond the limits of Link summoning,which so far could only go as far as LINK-4...to create the ultimate Link!....a LINK-5! (Now that's anti climatic...)

The result is a LINK-5, DARK, Cyberse-Type Monster, "Firewall Dragon Darkfluid"!

The design of Darkfluid is just a Firewall Dragon that decided to go through a Hot Topic phase, it's full of dark spikes and fangs, black pieces of armor, and his TRON look now ditches the blue for green, it's just all so lazy...The dark matter swirl for a background is really cool though! Sadly Darkfluid being not even that noticeable of an upgrade, much less when you compare it to other "Ultimate" final monsters from the other shows, coupled with the fact that Firewall Dragon was never even treated as an important card during the show, and that this point I was already forcing myself through this show, made the appearance of this mediocre design being the payoff to all that hype just what I needed to dislike the show even more.

In terms of effect, Firewall Dragon Darkfluid is the last stop of the apology tour, a Link Monster that actively rewards you for using monsters with other summoning methods. By having a Ritual, Fusion, Synchro or Xyz (Fuck Pendulums I guess) Cyberse-Type monster in your grave Darkfluid will gain a counter for each type, and a boost of 2500 ATK points per each counter, you read that right, If you somehow managed to use all those summons and then get this LINK-5 monster out (Either by using 5 regular monsters as materials or using 3 or more monsters including links from a lower rating which count 1 material for each arrow they have) you'll get a 12500 ATK monstrosity on the field. But being a beatstick is not Darkfluids main appeal you can also remove it's counters to negate the activation of monster effects, if you negate an effect during the battle phase, Darkfluid will attack again.

Realistically, this card will hit the field with about 1 or 2 of the old summoning types in your grave, as a Link focused deck will always have to focus on links, that and the relatively high summoning cost make this card be outclassed by many other negaters in the game.

This is VRAINS at its most pure form, mediocrity acting like it's the most serious thing ever written.

TRIVIA TIME
This card is named after dark fluid, an alternative theory to both dark matter and dark energy that explain both phenomena in a single framework.

Next up, our second to last card before I finish this goddamn thread! It's been a crazy ride.

EDIT: Right! Any idea when this expansion might get to the west?

Western release confirmed for January 17, 2020 under the name "Legendary Duelists: Magical Hero"

Last edited:

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Your poor deck just got new support confirmed as the next "Legendary Duelist" expansion focuses on the 6 protagonists

That might help

Dark-Magicians-the-Ultimate-Wizards.jpg

Magicians-Souls.jpg

Translations at the link, and more to come, usually the legendary decks bring about 6-7 new cards for each Gen's character
Woah. I just bought a bunch of cards to update my Dark Magician+Girl deck. Hope these come west soon. As someone who plays Magic, I'll never get over the OCG/TCG separation. :/

Honorable mentions.
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
As I am about to cover our very last card (not counting the last Kuriboh of this thread.)

I want to give a shout out to some cards that, while popular,did not make the cut for this thread.

GEN 1 HONORABLE MENTIONS

(Horakti, Creator of Light)

130254.jpg

GEN 2 HONORABLE MENTIONS

GEN 3 HONORABLE MENTIONS

GEN 4 HONORABLE MENTIONS

GEN 5 HONORABLE MENTIONS

GEN 6 HONORABLE MENTIONS

Last edited:

Cyberninja776

Oct 28, 2017
Yusaku and his AI partner Ai, The Ignis of Darkness face Bohman and the evil AI of Lightning for one final clash. Yusaku and Ai believe that humans and AIs can coexist together, and build a better future through cooperation...Ai and Yusaku have spent 102 episodes bonding together and becoming the best of friends, so much so that there is no doubts in their minds that AI and Human CAN and MUST work together and be friends (Please remember this plot point, it will be important in the next review, LMAO).

What are you talking about a completely out of character heel turn makes perfect sense to end the series as quickly as possible because who needs believable characters, consistency and continuity? 🙃

Dark Templar @Ignister
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Dark Templar @Ignister
Users: Ai

Artwork:

3 monsters with different names.
If a monster is Special Summoned to a zone this card points to, even during the Damage Step: You can Special Summon as many Level 4 or lower "@Ignister" monsters from your GY to the zone(s) this card points to, but their effects are negated. When this card destroys an opponent monster by battle: You can Special Summon 1 Cyberse monster from your GY. You can only use each effect of "Dark Templar @Ignister" once per turn.

In the final Clash with Bohman, Ai is confident in his choice to believe that there is a future where AI and Humans can live together in harmony, to the point he is willing to make the ultimate sacrifice. At the end of the Battle, Ai mysteriously disappears leaving Yusaku and his "friends" motivated to start working towards the future both Ai and Yusaku fought for.

At this point, the VRAINS crew got notified that the show had been cancelled and that they only had up to episode 120 to wrap everything up. Making this the shortest YGO anime, with no manga adaptation, and the cause of the first long-term hiatus in YGO anime history. Many blame poor ratings,the negative opinion from fans or even the production problems the show constantly faced...Still, none of that matters now. Just that this gave the crew 18 episodes to work on the supporting cast and let them all end on a high note and make the best of the situation. Every character got a moment to shine in these 18 episodes and it really showed that the team did a big effort to play the hand they got the best they could....

ZIKE! NO THEY DIDN´T LMAO!

You see as it turns out, Ai didn't really disappear! He became so sad that all his Ignis AI friends died hoping for a future where AI and Humans can live together, so sad in fact that he TURNS EVIL AND DECIDES TO EXTERMINATE HUMANITY! For you see! Turns out the simulations conveniently also show that if Ai was the sole survivor of the battle between AIs, he would also cause humanity's destruction! This causes Ai to go insane with sorrow....But no wait! Ai was actually evil all along! He manipulated Yusaku's environment through the internet to make him grow angrier and angrier until he became the amazing man with no personality!

So now Ai decides to steal two of the artificial bodies for AI that were built by Aoi's brother company (because they were all working towards AI and Human cooperation remember?) one for him and one for the AI of his longtime friend, YUSAKUS AI ASSISTED VACUUM CLEANER. And together with their new bodies, they decide to take on humanity!

So now Ai looks like this
human_ai___yu_gi_oh__vrains___ep_107_by_yenphungnguyenqndk_ddbnhr0-fullview.png

And he spends the next 18 episodes systematically destroying every single character in the show to lure Yusaku into a final fight, he even destroys Blue Maiden and her brother in a 2 vs 1 because of course he does .Yusaku only stands there and watches his friends fall and die one after the other without fighting during all this, because he is the bestest and the moment he duels, he HAS TO win and the arc will end.

Yeah, I can see why this show got canned.

Anyways, Ai now uses a deck with the epitome of card designs, truly befitting the final boss of the show. He uses....a bunch of blobs called @Ignister...

This deck has access to all summoning methods to form powerful monsters that each represent one of Ai's fallen AI friends...and at least those look kinda cool.

Plus a Link Monster that represents Ai himself...The LINK-3, DARK, Cyberse-Type...Dark Templar @Ignister!

Dark Templar's design is just EVIL! Decode Talker because VRAINS simply just doesn't give a fuck anymore, so what's another TRON design at this point? But this one has like evil wings and is purple...and uh, spikier! you know, so you can make out the who's who when the two of them fight. I´m just tired at this point. 2/10.

In terms of effects Dark Templar is all about swarming, whenever you summon a monster to a zone his arrows point to, he will special summon an @Ignister blob from the graveyard to another of the zones he points at, letting you set up Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz and Link summons (Fuck Pendulums I guess...), and whenever he destroys a monster by battle, he will also special summon a Cyberse monster from your grave. This is a REALLY good card for the @Ignister deck, and I'm a sucker for decks that make use of all the game mechanics possible, so I can't hate on the @Ignister Playstyle as much as I hate on their designs.

Great effect, terrible card coming from a terribly written, rushed ending. As I type this, VRAINS is coming to an end tomorrow, with Yusaku winning and everyone learning their lesson or something, I hate that my last review of this thread that's not a Kuriboh has to be about what I consider a low point in the franchise...

Still,with Gen 7 confirmed for the middle of 2020, I can only hope that VRAINS and all that it entailed serves as a cautionary tale, and that we get a return to glory.

TRIVIA TIME!

@Ignister all have a mark in their bodies representing their theme

Next Up!

THE LAST CARD. THE LAST KURIBOH

Last edited:

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But what about The Arrival @ignister, the first link 6 monster shown in the game or anime that just kind of popped up out of nowhere to one up the link 5's from last season and that may or may not even come to the real card game? Lol

Cyberninja776

Oct 28, 2017
If you hate that your last non kiriboh is Ai's card do your favorite card that you don't normally get to talk about you certainly earned it at this point.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Or moUOTE="Fj0823, post: 24831217, member: 247"]
Could be. But I feel like this thread has to end with the end of VRAINS, it's like poetry, it rhymes.

I might Monster Reborn' it for some special occasions or Gen 7
[/QUOTE]

Or more Galaxy cards...

Cyberninja776

Oct 28, 2017
Could be. But I feel like this thread has to end with the end of VRAINS, it's like poetry, it rhymes.

I might Monster Reborn' it for some special occasions or Gen 7

Counter argument, you could review more meta shaping cards that were completely unrelated to the show, since I'm sure there are a ton. Only if you want of course.

Linkuriboh
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Well...VRAINS just ended. It ended EXACTLY like Aaronrules380 and I predicted, Yusaku goes out as the first main character in the franchise with 0 loses. Also we end with this:

Screenshot_2019-09-25-10-08-10.png

YA THINK!?

...Anyways.

Linkuriboh
Users: Yusaku Fujiki (a.k.a Playmaker)

Artwork:

In the anime, Linkuriboh was Ai's pet in the Cyberse World, when Ai find his way back to his old playground he finds it in shambles, with the little Linkuriboh being the only thing left alive. He decides to take him back to his best friend he would never betray Yusaku, in the form of a LINK-1, DARK, Cyberse-Type Link Monster for his best friend's deck.

tumblr_p7124cD8QB1vuubx7o1_500.gif

Linkuriboh is one of of the very few high tech designs from VRAINS I like, and maybe because it's just a robo-Kuriboh with a computer screen for a face as opposed to a Kuriboh in a TRON suit. I like it's Porygon Z-like flying appendages, the green glow from the data in its body looks really cool, and his little tail ending on a little Link Arrow is just adorable, I love the little touches like that. The matrix like background is also one of this Gen's best and plays really well off the colors in the card's design. One of the strongest VRAINS Designs right here!

Linkuriboh is currently the most popular Kuriboh card. First off it's a LINK-1 card, which means it can be summoned by simply tributing 1 monster. Linkuriboh restricts the monsters for it's summon so that they can only be Level 1 monsters. This means Linkuriboh is usually summoned with Tokens, such as the ones summoned by the effect of "Scapegoat". This let's you turn any token into a LINK-1 effect monster, this is particularly useful because many of the best Links in the game state that you can only summon them with effect monsters or without tokens. Linkuriboh lets you tribute a Level 1 monster to special summon itself from the graveyard, meaning that you can recycle it for more Link summons over and over if you use a Token heavy deck!

Linkuriboh also has the typical Kuriboh protective effect, and it's a great one! Whenever an opponent's monster declares an attack Linkuriboh can be tributed, and that monster's ATK will drop to 0 until the end of the turn, a really sweet update to Kuriboh's effect.

Not even VRAINS shittyness can ruin Kuriboh, in fact this might be one of the best Kuriboh cards in the game!

TRIVIA TIME!

This is the first Extra Deck Kuriboh card!

Next Up!

Nothing! At least for now. See my next post

Last edited:
Thank you
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
With this, I have covered every single major card in this franchise.
It's taken me time and effort, but you have no idea how happy I am to have been able to share this with you all

Looking back, my reviews at first where ROUGH, I'm happy to notice myself improving every time I wrote. This thread started off as english practice anyways, so it's wonderful to see that it worked and that I am now way more confident on my writing.

This is not goodbye, as I plan to come back and Monster Reborn this thread for special occasions, for example, I have JUST the cards to talk about for the upcoming STAR WARS season. And when Gen 7 hits, I'll be the first to let you know all about it.

But for now, it's time for a break. This has been a wild ride and I thank you all for sticking with me, special thanks to Birdie whose amazing Pokemon reviews inspired this thread, you should all check them out.

Before I go, there's one last card I want to show you all. This is newly announced card is the "Ten Thousand Dragon"
300px-TenThousandDragon-IGAS-JP-OP.png

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing monsters whose sum of combined ATK/DEF equals 10,000 or more. If Summoned this way, this card's ATK/DEF become 10,000.

This card is in fact the 10000th card to ever be printed. A testament of 20 years of this franchise going through amazing highs and low lows. To me, this card holds a lot of value as it represents all the time I've been passionate about this franchise and all the possibilities that exist in this game. There's 10000 cards out there, I barely just scratched the surface, so If this thread ever made feel the slightest amount of curiosity to look for a card that speaks to you, I can assure you it's out there somewhere!

With that said, Thank you all.

tumblr_nw0xsuPiy41r2vppqo1_500.gif

Last edited:

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
Extremely excellent job with this thread FJ.

As someone who has also followed this game for 15+ years I can honestly say reading your write ups has been a pure nostalgia treat.

Thanks again for all your work!

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I need to get back on my thread now.

Great work and I gotta read through the rest. Let's hope Gen VI turns out better...

zawardo

Sep 24, 2019
I started lurking ever since the beginning of this thread. I don't know how I found your thread, but it inspired me to get back into Yu-Gi-Oh after dropping it when Pendulums came out. Reading that Aki had gotten support for the Rose Dragon archetype I dived full force and currently play a Traptrix deck, thanks to legacy support. A rather large amount of money later and after watching the first two seasons of Arc-V, I'm playing competitive YGO for the first time ever.

Thank you so much for this. I wish I was good at writing to really convey how much you've done for me through your reviews and the like. I was hella worried, if you'd believe it. It was only recently I decided to use a work email since this site wouldn't accept my personal email. But thank you so much for bringing Yu-Gi-Oh back into my life in the most fun way possible.

If I could hug you I would. Thank you so much.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
This thread is one of the major contributing factors in getting me back into Yugioh. Thanks for all the effort you put into this.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I feel like Kaiba right now. OP has finished his wonderful job with this thread and didn't have the chance to duel him with my still-under-construction Dark Magician Girl deck.

Thank you for all the effort you put into this thread, FJ. As some others have pointed out, you also got me back into the game and it has turned into a hobby that relaxes me and I also truly enjoy every weekend (except when people summon Borrelsword Dragon. Ban that card).

I will be patiently waiting for your return to review more cards in the future. Thank you so much!

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I feel like Kaiba right now. OP has finished his wonderful job with this thread and didn't have the chance to duel him with my still-under-construction Dark Magician Girl deck.

Check your PM's ;)

I started lurking ever since the beginning of this thread. I don't know how I found your thread, but it inspired me to get back into Yu-Gi-Oh after dropping it when Pendulums came out. Reading that Aki had gotten support for the Rose Dragon archetype I dived full force and currently play a Traptrix deck, thanks to legacy support. A rather large amount of money later and after watching the first two seasons of Arc-V, I'm playing competitive YGO for the first time ever.

Thank you so much for this. I wish I was good at writing to really convey how much you've done for me through your reviews and the like. I was hella worried, if you'd believe it. It was only recently I decided to use a work email since this site wouldn't accept my personal email. But thank you so much for bringing Yu-Gi-Oh back into my life in the most fun way possible.

If I could hug you I would. Thank you so much.

I am so happy to read this, it means a lot to me. Thank you so much for this post

HiroTSK5

One Winged Slayer
Nov 4, 2017
This thread got me to play Yu-gi-oh again for the first time since the first PSP game and go through the hoops to get the Japanese version of the Switch game just to get it a few months early.

It's been a fun read, good job.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been a lot of fun to read and fall back into the old cards for the older series' that I loved so much. Thanks man!

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well...VRAINS just ended. It ended EXACTLY like Aaronrules380 and I predicted, Yusaku goes out as the first main character in the franchise with 0 loses. Also we end with this:

Screenshot_2019-09-25-10-08-10.png

YA THINK!?

...Anyways.

Sure didnt. Didnt even get mentioned in the synopsis of the epilogue. Her own article is just misery porn.

Well that was a milestone. I enjoyed this thread

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like how they specifically let her live after Ai beat her in the final season (as opposed to everyone else Ai beat), only for her to go on to do literally nothing for the rest of the show. Like not even show up on the sidelines until that epilogue shot

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I like how they specifically let her live after Ai beat her in the final season (as opposed to everyone else Ai beat), only for her to go on to do literally nothing for the rest of the show. Like not even show up on the sidelines until that epilogue shot

Remember how everyone made fun of her because she fell in like 3 comas during season 1 as a way to write her out, so the writers fixed it by just having her take care of someone else in a coma for the whole season as a way to write her out?

Juanfp

Banned
Sep 18, 2018
I really had a fun time reading the reviews and more so now that I am playing the Yugioh game in the Switch

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent work overall! These were some fantastic reads, and a significant contributor to me buying Legacy of the Duelist for Switch, so I could experience some of the cooler Xyz and Pendulum archetypes you mentioned. Thanks for writing up such a great series!

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Excellent work overall! These were some fantastic reads, and a significant contributor to me buying Legacy of the Duelist for Switch, so I could experience some of the cooler Xyz and Pendulum archetypes you mentioned. Thanks for writing up such a great series!

Would love to read your thoughts on them!

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
This is done, vrains is done, i wonder what new card mechanic they come up next.

Also makes wonder when those pokemon reviews are coming back...

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Man as someone who stopped watching the show when GX started and has been out of the loop on all of this, "What if each kind of summon was from a different dimension and they all had a war?" is an incredibly stupid great premise for a series and "What if a bunch of kids were kidnapped, traumatized in cages and forced to duel each other" is an incredibly stupid horrible premise for a series. What actually happened to fuck up VRAINS so bad?

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Man as someone who stopped watching the show when GX started and has been out of the loop on all of this, "What if each kind of summon was from a different dimension and they all had a war?" is an incredibly stupid great premise for a series and "What if a bunch of kids were kidnapped, traumatized in cages and forced to duel each other" is an incredibly stupid horrible premise for a series. What actually happened to fuck up VRAINS so bad?

Productions problems plagued VRAINS from day 1. The original concept was to have Yusaku be a total newbie who wasnt that much into the game and his friends would warm him up to it as seen in the early synopsis for the show, at the last minute they decided to just do SAO but with cardgames and turn Yusaku into a god. We don't know why. We just know that this pretty much destroyed the show's production. They had to make as much time as they could to figure out WTF they were doing, the link summon animation was originally like THIS

To waste as much time as possible using it over and over

Then the director was fired, and a new one took over, and instead of using lengthy summon animations he opted to a recap episode every 5 episodes.SO the first 40 episodes of Vrains had a whooping 8 recaps.

The director even apologized to fans each time a recap was "needed"

"Mess" does not even begin to describe YGO VRAINS