• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Did the dev team actually say they approved of such a statement? Serious question, by the way, in case I missed something.
It was a developer that said it..

The same developer that spewed transphobic trash at a trans member of their Discord, while another member engaging alongside them advocated for beating reason into children.

screenshot_20190817-1j2j7u.jpg

screenshot_20190817-18xjcw.jpg

screenshot_20190817-1wqjoy.jpg

screenshot_20190817-16ijhm.jpg

screenshot_20190817-1hdka5.jpg

screenshot_20190817-1wdkki.jpg

screenshot_20190817-1prkk2.jpg

screenshot_20190817-176jw6.jpg

screenshot_20190817-1m1kbn.jpg

Last edited:

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure I follow -- you mean the disingenuous "argh you only CHOOSE to be offended" talking point, or...?
The point is that to reinforce their position they paint whoever goes against them as an outsider of the category discussed at the moment, so "era goers don't even play videogame" this time around.
It's a straw man tactic.

Deleted member 56909

User requested account closure
Banned
May 21, 2019
underwater
JESUS CHRIST THESE IDIOTS HAD ONE JOB AND THEY DECIDED TO DOUBLE DOWN ON BEING SHITHEADS. I'm super fucking pissed off right now this is beyond stupid and I am mucho grumpy.

Sylvie

Aug 26, 2019
They're doing the classic "double down on the hatred because of criticism".
Are the whole team alt-righters or something?

reactionary bigots should be illegal

Vesker

Dec 25, 2018
We're getting close to 2k20 and we still see things like these... I mean, why would you destroy your reputation like this? It's an unbelievable horrific move.
Still, I enjoyed the game very, very much. As devs, I'll continue supporting them.
People can change, guys, and attacking them isn't the right move, they'll just raise a barrier and won't hear anything.
I'll let the dust settle and try to contact them personally explaining why they fucked up.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We're getting close to 2k20 and we still see things like these... I mean, why would you destroy your reputation like this? It's an unbelievable horrific move.
Still, I enjoyed the game very, very much. As devs, I'll continue supporting them.
People can change, guys, and attacking them isn't the right move, they'll just raise a barrier and won't hear anything.
I'll let the dust settle and try to contact them personally explaining why they fucked up.
lol

their reputation seems to still be intact enough for you to continue giving them money, so...

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"Try to contact them personally" what do you expect to be able to explain to them that nobody else has been able to?

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes silence is, indeed, made of gold.

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017

weird

ditusjack

Oct 26, 2017
Welp.
Looks like they made the "right"(sigh)choice:
image.png

The recent reviews were "Mixed" earlier today, looks like their new "friends" work fast...

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So I am a little late to all of this news that they are keeping the homophobic shit in the game and I am sorry if this was answered already (I can't read all 19 pages) but what is with the "Sophia Narwtiz" name that i keep coming across on Reddit and Twitter?

Alt-Righters keep calling her a "journalist", but as far as I can tell she is just some random person on Twitter claiming to be a "writer". But she doesn't seem to actually work for anyone like Kotaku or any of other major outlets. Yet these idiots keep holding up her tweets and "articles" up as if she is someone of consequence. She also seems to have some kind of hate-on for Era. I'm not gonna link her stuff because I prefer not to give shitty people a platform. I'm just curious as to whether or not I am supposed to know who she is or why I should care about what she has to say?

Did I miss something? Or is this just some random nobody?

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
So I am a little late to all of this news that they are keeping the homophobic shit in the game and I am sorry if this was answered already (I can't read all 19 pages) but what is with the "Sophia Narwtiz" name that i keep coming across on Reddit and Twitter?

Alt-Righters keep calling her a "journalist", but as far as I can tell she is just some random person on Twitter claiming to be a "writer". But she doesn't seem to actually work for anyone like Kotaku or any of other major outlets. Yet these idiots keep holding up her tweets and "articles" up as if she is someone of consequence. She also seems to have some kind of hate-on for Era. I'm not gonna link her stuff because I prefer not to give shitty people a platform. I'm just curious as to whether or not I am supposed to know who she is or why I should care about what she has to say?

Probably someone who got banned lol

Dio

Oct 25, 2017

she writes for Moriarty, and is a member of kiwifarms. shes also the person who didn't wait for the ESA list to actually be deleted, and made the world know it existed, despite actual journalists telling her not to write about it.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
lmao what pieces of shit. Just play Dusk instead. Or Duke 3D, at least that one has historical context for being unfunny.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Probably someone who got banned lol

That wouldn't surprise me at all.
she writes for Moriarty, and is a member of kiwifarms. shes also the person who didn't wait for the ESA list to actually be deleted, and made the world know it existed, despite actual journalists telling her not to write about it.
Oh wow so she is just some random shitty person after all. No wonder the alt-right shitheels are spreading her stuff. Though I do find it funny that the same people who whine and cry about "fake news" are the same people who hold up glorified bloggers as "journalists" as long as what they are saying is something they want to hear. It's like they have no self awareness at all.

Glad I didn't bother reading any of her stuff.

Last edited:

Deleted member 19218

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're getting close to 2k20 and we still see things like these... I mean, why would you destroy your reputation like this?

Unfortunately if world peace were truly obtainable I'd like to think we'd have it by now but if in this day and age we still have wars and social issues plaguing the world then you can be sure it's going to be a constant that will never end.

Instead of dismissing someone's post with 3 letters it might be healthier for this discussion to actually add some substance to your post or just say nothing at all. Saying only "Lol" in this situation serves no purpose other than to mock and dismiss someone.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately if world peace were truly obtainable I'd like to think we'd have it by now but if in this day and age we still have wars and social issues plaguing the world then you can be sure it's going to be a constant that will never end.

Instead of dismissing someone's post with 3 letters it might be healthier for this discussion to actually add some substance to your post or just say nothing at all. Saying only "Lol" in this situation serves no purpose other than to mock and dismiss someone.
lmao

spectrumfox

Oct 27, 2017
California
A bunch of positive reviews today, some negative too.

As Kotaku pointed out, "Ion Fury is now receiving negative reviews over its creators' decision to backtrack on removing homophobia—albeit so far in less overwhelming volume than the review bombs last week. "

So it appears they are receiving more positive reviews than negative reviews in direct response to their decision to keep some of the "jokey" content in the game.

thatboydavey

Banned
Jun 26, 2019
They would have been better off just ignoring the criticism rather than acting on it and then backtracking.

I made a similar comment earlier. They should have just ignored the initial outcry and just carried on. It would have been forgotten in a few days by most. But now they created this big mess for themselves. Hate to see it.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
As Kotaku pointed out, "Ion Fury is now receiving negative reviews over its creators' decision to backtrack on removing homophobia—albeit so far in less overwhelming volume than the review bombs last week. "

So it appears they are receiving more positive reviews than negative reviews in direct response to their decision to keep some of the "jokey" conduct in the game.
Yeah gee what a surprise, he said in the most sarcastic way possible. The right always projects outrage culture onto their made-up "sjw" and LGBT agenda screeching scarecrow strawmen, everyone should know by now it's them, every damn time, who won't stop at nothing when shouting down reason, complaining against "censorship" and legitimizing slurs and dehumanization.

This makes me angry and disappointed, man.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
By this point, this controversy along with the Iron Maiden stuff makes the story surrounding the game more noteworthy than the game itself.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Who's attacking them?

Are you referring to people calling them out for being homophobes?

Last edited:

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Yeah gee what a surprise, he said in the midst sarcastic way possible. The right always projects outrage culture onto their "sjw" and LGBT agenda screeching scarecrow strawmen, everyone should know by now it's them who won't stop at nothing when shouting down reason, complaining against "censorship" and legitimizing slurs and dehumanization.

This makes me angry and disappointed, man.

I think what gets me is how aggressive and malicious the review bombing and all the other hate was. And now that the dev team backpedaled those same people are talking about how they are the ones who really care and did this for the benefit of the game. I've seen so many of them say that the people who brought up concerns are not legit fans. Never would be. They just want to hurt the game.

It's this super weird lack of self awareness. A terrible abusive relationship type scenario. I loved you but YOU made me do this! Look at what you made me do!

That is the type of people being catered to.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

This is a poor take.

The game was never de-listed from any of the market places at any time since launch ensuring continued flow of revenue from acquiescing buyers.

Criticism and making people aware =/= censorship. People are free to do so as an aside in a forum that asserts no control over the aforementioned revenue stream. Yes, criticism can sting but bigotry should not be mollycoddled in fear for making a situation worse as otherwise it would be business as usual as commercial as their revenue remains unaffected.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
It was a developer that said it..

The same developer that spewed transphobic trash at a trans member of their Discord, while another member engaging alongside them advocated for beating reason into children.

Every time I read that "pre 18 I was a dumb little shit" I have to bite my tongue so hard I almost bleed.

SbnaS

Sep 3, 2018
They are huge pieces of shit. I'm glad I didn't buy the game after their first statement. Fuck them.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
So what's everyone thinking, is this completely on voidpoint, or 3D Realms, or both of'em?

Personally I won't touch anything from any of them again, but what's the census here?

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Welp, when they did do the right thing they didn't get much support for it. Their forums and discord got flooded with a certain kind of menace, they lost a lot of money / sales because their community is toxic. Didn't see any videogame journalists covering *that* part. Really, really disappointed right now in their leadership, or lack thereof, but kind of not surprised.

Also, so long as they keep their end up over the donation to charity (which, by the way, I now want receipts for) and removal of the f*gbag room, we'll call it even.

Why would you call it even just because they donated some money to a cause they undermine with their other words and actions?

May 26, 2018
This is mercenary as hell. A small dev team so can't take the review bombing enough to justify pissing certain people off. And apparently a lot of people were just playing for the nostalgia, which is... I'm guessing pretty heavily biased towards a "the good ol' days" mentality.

Man. Some of the best levels I've seen in a game in a long time. Quite a shame that this whole thing is a shitshow, but it also can't and shouldn't be anything else.

Oct 25, 2017
Why would you call it even just because they donated some money to a cause they undermine with their other words and actions?

They're unquestionably undermining the cause, yes, but 10,000 dollars is 10,000 dollars, and it will save lives so long as they actually make that donation. Also, the removal of the hidden room with the in-your-face homophobia was a primary qualm of mine, and they seem to agree that it's homophobic. You can make a case for the "ogay" bottle that it's just a stupid joke that doesn't work, rather than an intentionally homophobic one; I'm guessing it *is* homophobic now that we know the devs are fuckfaces, but since one can still make the case, I'm not going to let it consume me in light of everything else going on here. If the cost of that "ogay" bottle is 10k to a charity that saves LGBT lives? I consider that even.