Scoops

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at that Kuon walkthrough, I'm not a huge fan of that kind of Japanese horror but I'm starved for an old school RE/Silent Hill style survival horror. If it's anything like that, I'm there.

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
I've said this before in the past, so I'll just say what I've heard and said in the past (though I've heard more recent things I won't delve fully into), keep in mind I can't validate if 100% of this is true but it's what I've heard from a few sources now independently. The game is being published by a big Western Studio, and NOT Bethesda like many people seem to think. The game will have very strong horror themes and an open world, it is a spiritual successor of sorts to Kuon (though I've also since heard it has Tenchu+Kuon inspiration, FROM is pulling from their past Japanese-themed games a bit), but it will also have some Souls-esque elements though it won't PLAY like a Souls game. That's all I should say for now.
now-you-have-my-attention-gif-1.gif

This is my language you are speaking right there.

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only because you have new info...

That thread is more convincing than the similar one on kuon, is all. And I could say that was wishful thinking too if it didn't pan out. But hindsight is 20/20.

You should read through the Bloodborne thread. Omnipotent was verified there, and that's where the Kuon info came up to begin with I believe.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
What Dusk Golem is saying about this, this is the type of game I bought a PS4 for.

If all this is true, Game of E3 right here. I'm calling it right now.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think people who enjoy what makes From popular these days will be disappointed. Don't think it's going to be RE7 or anything.

Not sure if you know anything or not, but if you do, then that's good to hear. A game like Bloodborne, but dealing with Japanese horror rather than Eldritch horror would be cool.

...wait, isn't that what Nioh is?

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, we need more horror games.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seems like he might just be teasing people with a red herring. They've kept the nature of Shadows Die Twice a tightly protected secret up until now. Why all but confirm it's Kuon-related now when the big E3 pressers are days away? Unless they are showing multiple projects and a Kuon reboot/sequel is one of them.

Choco Momonga

May 24, 2018
A publisher doesn't have to have a previous connection to a developer to pick up their game for development
I'm aware of that, but with that logic, I could say Nintendo might publish it but that's not based on anything. I keep seeing Beth's mentioned, which is why I was wondering if I missed any rumors.

Did from ever help make those tenchu games with activision back in the day?
No, the first two games were made by Acquire. They did eventually come back to the series for the Wii game, but the other main games weren't even developed by From. They just happened to buy the IP from Activision.

I think From may have done that weird puzzle game spinoff for XBLA? I'm not sure.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Fromsoft game by a big western studio really sounds insane to me.
I'm excited and scared at the same time.

It means potentially more sales due to the Publisher's name being attached to it but it also means more money put into marketing and likely higher sales expectations. Which could lead to never getting another "Shadow's Die Twice" if it doesnt meet lofty expectations even if its a great game.

It could also mean more funding for the game during development(depending on when the deal was made) which leads to us getting From's very best, production wise. But again likely higher sales expectations.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Armored Core For Answer was definitely an exciting title. I don't think ubisoft will publish another Armored Core though.

It is possible but I just can't see fromsoft game developed as a gaas following recent ubi trends. Scares the shit outta me since fromsoft is my favourite dev.

Oct 27, 2017
I've said this before in the past, so I'll just say what I've heard and said in the past (though I've heard more recent things I won't delve fully into), keep in mind I can't validate if 100% of this is true but it's what I've heard from a few sources now independently. The game is being published by a big Western Studio, and NOT Bethesda like many people seem to think. The game will have very strong horror themes and an open world, it is a spiritual successor of sorts to Kuon (though I've also since heard it has Tenchu+Kuon inspiration, FROM is pulling from their past Japanese-themed games a bit), but it will also have some Souls-esque elements though it won't PLAY like a Souls game. That's all I should say for now.

I'm listening!

MajulaDream

Oct 25, 2017
OK let's break this publisher mystery down.

possible Big Western publishers: Ubisoft, Activision, EA, Bethesda, Warner Bros, Microsoft.

Sounds like Bethesda is not the publisher, via Dusk.
Microsoft is out too because the game is NOT an exclusive.

This leaves us with Ubisoft, Activision, EA, and Warner.

Of these 4, FROM has a history with Ubisoft and Activision.

I think we can narrow the publisher to those 2, until more information arises.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018

possible Big Western publishers: Ubisoft, Activision, EA, Bethesda, Warner Bros, Microsoft.

It is possible but I just can't see fromsoft game developed as a gaas following recent ubi trends. Scares the shit outta me since fromsoft is my favourite dev.
Fuck..activision is even worse.

Feb 19, 2018
The Bloodborne theories weren't really that viable in the first place, if I'm honest. They were pretty much based on the teaser having blood, having a thing that twists (like the trick weapons) and being called "twice". I personally think the fact that it wasn't revealed at a Sony event nor had any relation to Sony (like, for example, Bayonetta 3 with Nintendo) should have debunked that idea quite quickly.
This. Old Japanese Kanji featuring in the teaser killed any chances of it being Bloodborne 2 right away, while basically confirming a historic Japanese setting/connections.

om_devan

May 14, 2018

Warner also a possibility.
Kadokawa had a partnership with Warner on Lollipop Chainsaw.