Votes: 7 0.3%
  • Other (Describe if possible)

Votes: 147 5.9%

• Total voters

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Havnt held a Dualsense but the Elite controller makes every other controller feel like a fisher price toy.

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
If I could have the ergonomics and comfortableness of the XSX controller combined with all the nifty features of the DualSense, that would be the GOAT controller for me. As it stands, the positives of the former outweigh the positives of the latter for general, everyday gameplay.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
The Gamecube controller is still my fav. In terms of modern controllers i'm partial to the ones Sony makes due to the symmetrical analog positions, but never touched a DualSense.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a very solid controller, but when it takes no chances and no innovation it's going to look antiquated next to a dualsense

3 generations now of roughly the same exact controller

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Was never a big fan of Xbox controllers and DualSense is sony's best so far so... yeah it's DualSense for me.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'm assuming the elite 2 is part of that poll? Until Sony allows player choice and options like paddles and programmable profiles there really is no competition. One controller offers a competitive advantage and one does not.

I_love_potatoes

Banned
Jul 6, 2020
I chose "Other" and my choice is Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller.

It's annoying playing the PS5 for me as there's no PS5 Scuf Controller yet. I hate not having paddles now.

Jun 2, 2019
The PS3 controller being there with no Nintendo controller in sight is a joke. The Sixaxis and the Dual Shock 3 are the most light, flimsy, unimaginative, uncomfortable controllers i have ever held. The Dual Shock 2 wasn't already great, but somehow the managed to create an infinitely worse controller.

About to get a Series X controller for my PC (My Xbox One controller is on its last legs) wich i'll use in combination with the Switch pro controller since Microsoft won't add gyro to their controllers to save their life, but my vote would go to Nintendo's controller as of now, it has the perfect shape and ergonomy.

How is that yikes when 95% of games will never use it?

Tell that to PC and Nintendo gaming.

Oct 27, 2017
Switch pro controller doesn't even get the d-pad right... The Wii u pro controller and gamepad might be better than switch pro controller

Yeah, as someone who loves Nintendo (and also collects controllers) the Switch Pro is pretty weak. On top of the bad dpad, the build quality is terrible. It is one of the only controllers (in addition to the joy cons) that I've ever had multiple controllers go defective with very minimal use. As much as it pains me to say it, it has no business on any "best controller" list.

I do like the Dualsense a lot, but this thread has me intrigued by the Series X/S controller. I may have to pick one up.

Oct 25, 2017
Hull, England
Both the Dualsense and the Series X controllers are excellent in my opinion, the Dualsense for the new features it brings and series X for refining an already great controller design. You can't go wrong with either.

AfterTheFall

Oct 27, 2017
Series X controller feels more premium and comfortable than Dual Sense but I prefer the feedback on Dual Sense.

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty rad. I'm not sure i would say the best ever, I kind of find it a step down from the xbox one controller in some ways even but it's definitely a good controller.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Ergonomically its the best iv ever held. I do think they need to add motion to it.
tbh with my dualsense, i can see myself switching off the trigger resistance. I can see this being a problem in long races on GT7

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
There's something about the DualSense that's just clunky. I think it's how elevated the analog sticks are relative to the rest of the pad. In particular, the tips of my thumbs don't rest atop the thumbsticks like they would on the DualShock 4 or other controllers. Not comfortably resting, anyway.

I spent a bit of time playing games with my XB1 Elite controller, and that just confirmed for me that that's still the GOAT gamepad. It's really hard to beat, with its soft-touch plastic, textured grips, decent heft, and hotswappable paddles, analog sticks, and d-pad. Everything about it is just fantastic, and it still works like the day I got it five years ago.

Frankly, soft-touch plastic is so pleasant to hold that I'm surprised Sony and Microsoft didn't go all-in on that with their respective gamepads' base models. Then again, I haven't held an Xbox Series controller, so I couldn't tell you if it did or not.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
My DualShock 4 d-pad and DualSense d-pad are practically exactly the same, in feel, response, noise, travel etc. Literally the only real difference I could tell between them is that the DualSense d-pad directional button ends stick out a little less in depth at the tips, but I much prefer both to the clickety angular barrel that is the Series X d-pad.
Yeah not dual shock, I think I meant the vita. I heard the vita has a different d-pad. Getting diagonals and stuff just feels awful to me. Now I do like the placement of the d-pad on PlayStation. But yeah it really comes down to whether you like clicky or mushy dpad, because they're total opposite

Last edited:

Kongo B

Sep 8, 2019
Europe

- Microsoft's big flagship exclusive is a FPS.
- "Games where you aim something" has to be more than the 5%, and if gyro isn't implemented is the dev's fault
- I may be in the .01% and I'm not gonna jump on next gen for a while, but the absence of gyro alone makes me not wanna cop an Xbox. I'm not being dramatic for the argument's sake, it's my honest opinion.

Oct 27, 2017
With that fucking d-pad, it's a clear downgrade over the previous-gen xbox controller.

The controller is also far too small.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was obvious this thread would backfire and I gotta agree with the poll. I didn't think about how crammed together controllers were until I tried DualSense. It was a real eye opener. I think it's brilliant how Sony made it feel wider and more comfortable, while increasing dimension just slightly. It's so much more ergonomic than any controller before and I can play for longer periods of time.

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
130878.jpg

?? ok

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, a controller in 2020 not being rechargeable is a joke.
Think of it as a controller that has ultra-fast 30-second charging from zero to 100%.
Swapping out the batteries is so much more convenient, and they are easily replaced if they die, unlike my launch DualShock 4 which ended up holding a charge for less than 90 minutes.

Surprised how few votes the Xbox 360 controller is getting, I think it's better than the Series/One. Best controller I've ever held is the DualSense.
I never liked the analog stick design on the 360. The shape would dig into my thumbs, the top surface wore down quickly, they had large deadzones, and despite that drift was a problem.
The battery holder on the back of the wireless controllers, and the general shape/smallness of it always caused my hands to cramp up quickly.
The d-pad is one of the worst ever, without modifications. I had to disassemble the controller and sand down the plastic to make it work better.
fqks9ygf905432jrdjxr.jpg

(not my picture, but the modded d-pad is on top)

I went through several (official) wireless adapters on PC too. Those things were very unreliable.

On PC 95% of games can use the gyro.

I studied industrial design at university, so I love discussing controllers.

I think when it comes to ergonomics, Microsoft has it figured it out almost completely. In fact, they reduced the size of the Series controller to fit an even bigger percentile of hands. It is really really hard to feel discomfort when holding the new controller, it just melts naturally in your hands. Part of it is also due to the angled grips, a key element that surprisingly enough is not copied in other controllers. In this regard, I don´t understand why the Dual Sense grips curve inwards, it is totally unnatural.

However, design is a immensely broad term, so even when ergonomics could be considered by many the most important factor, there are others to take into account. Innovation is one of them, and the Dual Sense, with its adaptive triggers and advanced haptic feedback wins in this aspect by a country mile. Add to this that this is by far the most comfortable controller Sony has ever designed, although the weight distribution is imbalanced towards the upper part, and we could, prematurely say tho, the Dual Sense could be the best controller ever designed.
l_10214112_008gpjl8uykaj.jpg
nintendoswitch_hardwa76k1x.jpg

Anything which does not use a split design has poor comfort/ergonomics.
It's not good to be rotating your shoulders in like that for extended periods of time.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Depends what you want. Ergonomically it's fantastic and the d pad is much better than the competitions.
The fact that you can choose battery options is a huge plus too.
But the dual sense has a ton of cool features.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
So far the Dualsense is the most comfortable and feature rich controller I've used. The only things I would change is making the home button a bit bulkier and splitting the touchpad into two slightly smaller ones so that you could have multi click for better typing.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Why isn't the Switch Pro there?

Dualsense is too bulky and heavy. Using the Switch Pro after 30 minutes with the Dualsense feels actually relieving.

Switch Pro has one of the worst input lag of all controllers.
If you find that bad try the SNES Controller for Switch. I'm seriously surprised no media outlet mentioned its atrocious input lag. It's the worst I've ever experienced on a controller. I stopped using it because it feels so off.

Last edited:

Vasto

May 26, 2019
The Xbox controller is always the best. It has set a standard that everybody tries to imitate.

Jun 17, 2018
Assymetric sticks is where its at. Whilst I have no real problem with the layout of the PlayStation controller, symmetrical sticks feels wrong and clumsy in my hands.

takriel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it's very very good. Better than the Dualsense.

Oct 28, 2017
Voted for the xbox series x/s, however Sony's build quality is better in my experience. Hopefully the Dual Sense will have the same robustness.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Definitely not the latest xbox pad, for some reason I'm catching the bumpers every now and again when pressing the triggers which is odd 'cause it's never been a problem with other pads before. The four face buttons rattle around loosely, feels like the build quality of a 3rd party pad. The d-pad also rattles, but is better for some stuff yet worse for others, main problem being it hurts after playing something that requires a lot of use of it. IKEA batteries last forever though.

Oct 30, 2017
1. Dual sense
2.series x
3. Switch Pro Controller for comfort, despite the crap d pad

dual shock 4 had such bad battery life and build quality I don't even care if it was comfortable, I hate it.

Crax

May 21, 2018
Whenever I've used the DualSense for longer periods and then pick up the Series X controller, my hands instantly relaxes. So for me it's easily Series X controller even if DualSense has more features.