• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What team are you?

• Team Wiener Mii

Votes: 731 20.9%
  • Team Chibi Robo on fire

Votes: 2,590 74.2%
  • Team Cenation #HustleLoyaltyRespect

Votes: 170 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I think we'll definitely get trailers and release dates for:
  • Kirby Switch
  • Yoshi Switch
  • Fire Emblem Switch
  • Some 3DS stuff
  • New Nindies
We may get trailers for:
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Pokémon Switch
  • Namco Souls Collection
  • The Wonderful 101 Switch
  • GTAV & GTA Online
  • Watch Dogs 2
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue
  • ZombiU 2
  • Red Steel 3
  • DMC HD Collection
We may get teaser/name announcements for:
  • Namco Souls Collection
  • Smash Bros. Switch
  • Waverace Switch
  • Mario Kart Switch
  • Retro's Game
  • SNK's Switch game
  • Resident Evil Revelations 3
I wouldn't get your hopes up, & here's why...
Just to put things in perspective

Here are how the last 8 years of main series games were revealed

Black & White - Official site title, CoroCoro first reveal
Black 2 & White 2 - Pokémon Smash TV show
X & Y - Pokémon Direct
Pokémon Bank - Pokémon Direct
Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Random video
Red, Green, Blue, Yellow Virtual Console - Nintendo Direct
Sun & Moon - Pokémon Direct
Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon - Pokémon Direct
Gold & Silver Virtual Console - Pokémon Direct
Crystal Virtual Console - Official site

Here's how the last 8 years of spin-off games were revealed, going backwards from the most recent

PokéLand - Official site(Mobile)
Pokémon: Magikarp Jump - Official site (Mobile)
Pokkén Tournament DX - Pokémon Direct
Pokémon Duel - Official site(Mobile)
Pokémon GO - Press conference(Mobile)
Detective Pikachu ~Birth of a New Duo~ - Official site
Pokkén Tournament - Pokémon World Championships
Pokémon Picross - Nintendo Direct
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon - Title reveal through PR, first official showcase a week later in Nintendo Direct
Pokémon Rumble World - Nintendo Direct
Pokémon Shuffle - Nintendo Direct
The Band of Thieves & 1000 Pokémon - CoroCoro
Pokémon Art Academy - Nintendo Japan Video
Pokémon Battle Trozei - Nintendo Direct
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Gates to Infinity - CoroCoro
Pokémon Rumble U - CoroCoro
Pokémon Conquest - Jump Festa
PokéPark 2: Wonders Beyond - CoroCoro
Pokémon Rumble Blast - Nintendo Video
Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure - Official site

So Direct reveals are typically for spin-offs, but not exclusive. As most have been mobile lately (due to Ishihara not believing in Switch), it's hard to gauge. If a Pokémon game is revealed in the Direct, chances are it'd be a spinoff and chances are it'll be Detective Pikachu :P

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hey Nintendo fans, what are you hoping to see announced for Switch?

'Full priced re-releases of 3 year old games, please!'

Damn. Nintendo should just set up a donation button on their site at this rate.
This post makes no sense, but it comes from the poster that thinks the switch is a fad so no need to put any stock into his comments.

N00MKRAD

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
My expectations, are tepid considering last year's January direct. But I'll throw a few dashes of hope out there...

3rd Party
GTA5 Switch in May
MGS Phantom Pain & HD MGS collection
RE4 HD with motion controls
Call of Duty MW remastered port (summer)

As someone who bought the Switch mainly for portable 3rd party AAA, I'd be so fucking happy. Fuck, even half of that list would be awesome.

Whiskeyjack

Oct 27, 2017
What I would like to see : Virtual Console announced and your library from the Wii U and 3DS will carry over.

SuperL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Pokemon is unlikely because it operates on its own schedule, but what would be so unlikely about Smash?

Its one of the few top tier franchises (besides Mario Maker and Animal Crossing) that hasn't even been hinted at yet and its the kind of game where the hype created never dies down. It makes perfect sense to reveal it in January

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Well Nintendo published 10+ games for the Switch last year, I would expect at least that many this year. I believe we currently have 7 titles either TBA 2018 or completely TBA, so I imagine they will have a fair amount to show at this event from a first party perspective to fill out the year. They might save a couple reveals for E3, but most of their lineup will probably show up here if last year's events were any indication.

Thoraxes

Oct 25, 2017
Gehenna
I feel like the rest of the media apps are a guarantee. Maybe Netflix at the very least, I hope.

Since my expectations are always low:

Media Apps
Kirby
Yoshi
Minecraft Better Together Update for Switch date+physical release
ATLUS 3DS games
Sushi Striker
Bayo/DQB ports
Attack on Titan game footage
Lost Sphear
Rabbids DLC
Wolf II trailer using Switch footage
Maybe Octopath Demo #2 which uses feedback, they'll also ask for more feedback too

Either some more indie games here, or they'll get their own direct again.

Craziest prediction:
Dragon Quest XI Switch shown for first time, both 3DS/Switch versions coming over. Collector's Edition including both platforms will happen. Releasing in Fall 2018.

I honestly just think most of what will be shown will just be stuff hitting in the next 3 months, since they seem to do a direct every 3 months or so.

Last edited:

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Switch is a fad and I'd appreciate it if you didn't make false statements about me.

You spent an entire thread heavily implying that the Switch would turn out to be a fad, on the grounds that the Wii was a fad for reasons you weren't able to properly explain:

Way too early for a Switch competitor, especially since Nintendo hasn't proven it's more than a fad yet.

Not at all. Wii was way more successful than the Switch and it turned out to be a fad. There's a lot left to prove.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You spent an entire thread heavily implying that the Switch would turn out to be a fad, on the grounds that the Wii was a fad for reasons you weren't able to properly explain:
I don't know how you can read those statements and conclude that's what I'm saying. You're just seeing Switch and Fad in the same sentence and it's making you see red. I feel Switch will be very successful, I love my Switch, and I expect to play great games on it for a long time. But I also am not acting like Switch's legacy is already set in stone and that it is instantly the new industry standard. It is very young and there is still a ton of work yet for Nintendo to do (which again, I expect they will).

This seems extremely obvious to me and I have no idea why it's being taken as console war mongering. It's simply a fact that for a video game company to continue having great success they have to continue putting out great games. Which means you get to play more great games, so this fact should make you happy.

Schaft0620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This Direct is only going to carry Nintendo to June at E3, lay out the ground work. Don't expect Metroid or Pokemon.

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty much expecting Fire Emblem Switch and Sushi Striker at the minimum for now. Both are due this year.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yea, there's Yokai Watch 3 for the west. Think everyone forgot about that now. Hope YW4 isn't announced soon for Switch (would it even matter at that point?)

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Personally hoping for an unveiling of this supposed achievement system they're working on, as well as confirmation that they're going to patch released games like Odyssey, BotW and Xenoblade 2 to support it.

Game wise I'm not really sure what they could announce that would interest me besides showing off Fire Emblem. I'm always open to be surprised though.
I don't think this was ever a thing...

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Serious question, is there any rumor about a Dark Souls port for the switch or is it just the fans hoping?

I'll be there day 1 if it's real.

Anyway, I just hope they give us a date for Hollow Knight.

Deleted member 24624

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
All I want is some gameplay of the new No More Heroes. Smash Switch would be cool too, but I can see them saving that for E3.

ΑGITΩ

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
obviously we will see more of Yoshi and Kirby with definitive dates. I wouldn't be surprised to see one be a late January release.
Bayo 1&2 release details.
Fire Emblem will be revealed with a May or June release date. Will have a promotion with the new Main Character being playable on Fire Emblem Warriors soon after the direct.
Switch OS update - Themes, Icon sizes and folders.
Xenoblade 2 DLC tease

Now for the dreams
New Custom Robo done by Level-5
Skyward Sword HD
Smash tease that ends either Noctis or Sora that will lead to an announcement of either a FFXV or KH3 port. Id be find with either though i really disliked FFXV

Chea996

Nov 4, 2017
Milan - Italy
Sorry I left some in italian.
"Titolo" means title, "data di uscita" means release date and "piani futuri" means future plans.

45Ben2o.jpg

Last edited:

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Just give me Animal Crossing. The Switch is the perfect system for it. And a store in the Switch mobile app where I can order stuff for my house, like with Splatoon 2.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In terms of something new, id want to see pikmin. Realistically im expecting release dates for kirby and yoshi. Smash is probably a shoe in for this year,

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Red Dead ain't comin to Switch. Been saying this all day. That game was a development nightmare and the code was fucked or something hence why a PC version never released.

GTA V is questionable too since LA Noire didn't even chart on the NPD for November, granted different game on a different scale. I don't know if they'll do it because online would probably have to get trimmed down significantly in comparison to current gen if it's not tossed out entirely. They stopped updating 360 and PS3 years ago so I can't see them bringing the complete package we have on PS4 and Xbox One.

Not to mention, graphically the game would be weaker. The draw distance in LA Noire ain't too hot and I've had pop-in on GTA V for XB1... maybe I'm overthinking it but I don't know if I see it happening anytime soon.

Rockstar presents Max Payne 3 switch!

Ah hell yeah, I'd buy 10 copies.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a HUGE Nintendo fanboy and love the Switch, but I think people are getting way too worked up (like usual).

My guesses:

Kirby, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, and a couple indies are all but guaranteed. Probably a release date for the first two. "WINTER" for FE.

Some more footage of Bayonetta.

Like 10 seconds or less of gameplay footage from Metroid Prime, just to verify it's still a thing.

A new release that will be completely underwhelming to most or Reset... something like a Mario Party or WarioWare or whatnot.

No comment on Retro (that's being saved for E3), no huge 3rd party reveal.

If we get ANYTHING that will actually light this forum with excitement, it's Smash Bros (a very enhanced 4) and/or a Dark Souls or MGS or GTAV-esque port.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pokemon is unlikely because it operates on its own schedule, but what would be so unlikely about Smash?

Its one of the few top tier franchises (besides Mario Maker and Animal Crossing) that hasn't even been hinted at yet and its the kind of game where the hype created never dies down. It makes perfect sense to reveal it in January

Smash is typically announced at E3.

Afromentioned

Jan 2, 2018
Las Vegas
Is anything known about the new Fire Emblem? It's been stated before that it will come this year but unless there were any rumors do we actually know anything?

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Is anything known about the new Fire Emblem? It's been stated before that it will come this year but unless there were any rumors do we actually know anything?
There's was a reddit leak a while ago that sounded fake. It was posted on the official Fire Emblem page.

I'm on mobile so I can't really post it. Other then that, nothing from IS themselves.

Jessmo24

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Not 1 single mention of Capcoms games on 8 pages of threads? No discussion about MH world, MH 5, RE7 ports or MVCI?
Have we written off Capcom?

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GTA V is questionable too since LA Noire didn't even chart on the NPD for November, granted different game on a different scale.

LA Noire didn't charted on any other platform on NPD for November either. In UK at launch, Nintendo's weakest market, Switch version of LA Noire had 20% of sales vs. 28% of XBO. If this was a test, it's not out of the cards for a Switch version of GTA V.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
LA Noire didn't charted on any other platform on NPD for November either. In UK at launch, Nintendo's weakest market, Switch version of LA Noire had 20% of sales vs. 28% of XBO. If this was a test, it's not out of the cards for a Switch version of GTA V.

In Spain, the Switch version was the best SKU and it was leaked that in the US, the three versions had a very similar revenue (Switch version 10$ more expensive).

Globally, the Switch version is most likely the 2nd best selling SKU, not too far from the PS4 version.

Kinopio

Oct 27, 2017
Pikmin 4, coming Spring 2018! Give it to me.
Luigi's Mansion 3, holiday 2018. Why not?

Donizetty

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Mexico
• FE Switch
• Pikmin 4
• 2 New IPs
• Virtual Console and paid online service
• Xenoblade C2 DLC
• Future Splatoon 2's DLC
• More Bayonetta 1/2 videos and just a little mention of Bayonetta 3
• Metroid Prime 4 Trailer
• Indie Section
• Important 3rd party section
• MEGATON and resetera gets slow but it won't crash

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Custom Robo, with new blue/white/red joy con colour scheme to match

BET IT ALL ON 00, HANK

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting the first half of 2018 to be detailed.

Yoshi and Kirby release dates.
Fire Emblem debut trailer and rough release date.
Bayonetta 1 + 2 trailers along with W101 announcement.
Pikmin 4 properly revealed with summer release date.
Mario Kart 8 deluxe DLC for early 2018.
Mario Odyssey DLC packs 1+2 for summer 2018 and Winter 2018.
Gameplay for No More Heroes.
Snippet of MP4.
Announcement of Ace Attorney collections and tease brand new title.
Nindies.
Mario Maker Port or sequel for spring 2018.

This might sound like a lot to some but I fully expect this Jan direct to be on par with the Jan event of 2017 in terms of how much they announce.

Cathcart

Oct 29, 2017
Probably about 1.5 seconds before this forum is flooded with posts about how disappointing the January Direct is.

Status
Not open for further replies.