• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4135493_0.jpg
Did you draw this? Because it looks really nice

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I still don't understand why people find discord hard to understand.

must be some boomer mentality.
That's kind of uncalled for. I am not a boomer or have boomer mentality but I have no experience with it and not sure how it works so I asked for some clarification. You could have just stayed silent instead of the underhanded insult, especially in this thread.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
It is based on context that the user in question mentioned vaguely and in passing a moderator who expressed a discriminatory viewpoint. This would qualify as a whistleblower.

This is such a weird stance to take given the context. Do you support Snowden being permanently barred from re-entering the U.S. because he ousted wrongdoing by the administration? It's obviously a much bigger situation but it shares many aspects. Don't punish whistleblowers.

How does that justify the ban, and how is this relevant? It's not.

You don't have any reason to doubt the moderation after the absolute shit show that has occurred over night? Okay.

I didn't want to weigh in if it was going to be unhelpful, but as someone who doesn't know Ketkat and who isn't part of the trans community, the above reflects my feelings too. The mods may have additional information, but to users, it looks like she was banned for whistleblowing - and doing so in a way that actually maintained the privacy of those involved.

To echo others, this isn't a situation where "we know things you don't, the discussion ends now" is a remotely acceptable response.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
That's adorable! I never noticed how Sylveon's color design overlapped with the transgender flag. I wonder if that was intentional by the designers.

I doubt it, but funnily enough there is a new Pokemon in Sword/Shield that resembles the trans pride flag as well. Spoilers:

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only reason Papa was banned was because not enough people were calling it out at the time. Unbanning then now would the proper thing to do, I think

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. The mod staff is on some "I'm a genius! oh no" shit right now. That post isn't even nearly one of the bigger examples of hostility, and false equivalences? Did the people being accused of being like a shitty thing just ban someone for doing so and used THAT? THAT is not up for you to decide, and to be honest, I don't agree at all that there's a false equivalency in making the comparison. This may not involve the same behavior as EviLore, but the response to the outrage is pretty similar.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Mods haven't gotten people to agree that Brock's ban was justified, or even Ketkat's, and here they are banning yet more people? Do they genuinely think we're gonna throw our hands up and say "Ah well, can't fuckin' win 'em all!" Are they tryna get some partial W out of this?

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mods haven't gotten people to agree that Brock's ban was justified, or even Ketkat's, and here they are banning yet more people? Do they genuinely think we're gonna throw our hands up and say "Ah well, can't fuckin' win 'em all!" Are they tryna get some partial W out of this?
Worse yet, Papa is non-binary. The staff sure are showing they care about concerns from the trans community, huh?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Ah, glad to see they're ignoring the reports of trolls in trans threads that I've been doing the past day in favour of banning another member of the community.

This ban was carried out yesterday before shit really hit the fan with the Royalan receipts. It should be undone though.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Incredibly sad that another one of our community members has been banned to stifle our criticism of the staff. Papa didn't deserve that at all.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The update is recent. Meaning rather than perma ban them they changed the duration to 2-3 weeks. Which is still emblematic of the issues with moderation here. That post did not deserve to catch a ban.

I don't believe it was ever made a perma, I think it was always "duration pending."

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
The update is recent. Meaning rather than perma ban them they changed the duration to 2-3 weeks. Which is still emblematic of the issues with moderation here. That post did not deserve to catch a ban.

It certainly doesn't fill me with confidence that the staff will do the right thing and unban Ketkat.