Dec 2, 2017
This is one of the women in that photo of Rowling with the transphobic hate group

n1qPcnl_d.webp

gWiAcpR_d.webp

BGDKxgI_d.webp

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
Yes, "the left" has hacked into JK Rowlings twitter account and either added or removed transphobia (she doesn't make it clear which).

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
"Most people are Liberal and sympathetic to..." I'm going to assume that sentence ends with "the trans community" or something similar, and frankly, that's what is vomit inducing here.

I have no respect for any transphobic asshole, especially those that devote their lives to making the lives of trans people miserable.

But I might admit to some modicum of respect if they weren't such cowards about it. You can't write an article of vindictive rhetoric against the community then try and claim you have sympathy for the LGBTQ community.

Remember when the rhetoric was that they don't just hate trans people, they believe that you have to go through complete transition surgery to be considered a trans woman? Or that they have no problem with people wearing whatever they want?

That's clearly bullshit. Just look at how viciously dismissive that author is in her langauge when referring to FtM confirmation surgery. You also don't see terfs or transphobes defend the human rights of the drag community, or the right for cis men to present as feminine without being assaulted.

They aren't out there protecting the rights of women, they're offended and repulsed that being AFAB doesn't reserve them the exclusive right to femininity. They tied their personalities to the idea that being feminine is their exclusive club.

When everything you have to say about trans people is a dismissive attack, you might as well stop beating around the Bush and drop claiming you sympathise, to stop trying to be cute with acronyms like Terf, only to get upset and claim its a slur when the wider world is repulsed by your conduct. These women should just own the label of transphobic.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
Also proves that they think the exact construction of what's in their pants matters here.

Like if they have the surgery they suddenly stop being a predator and literally everyone with that configuration down there is up for assault.

And they think they're not the sexists.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Depending on the context the bottom surgery can become the worst thing ever for transphobes too. The TERFS just seem to spout more truescum shit lately to pretend to be pro-trans "ackshually".

CandySTX

Mar 17, 2018
Scotland
Writers for the "progressive" Guardian upon seeing a trans person.

fault-right-4-adb.jpg

then proceed to get big money writing columns for the Torygraph and doing the interview circuit.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I also want to know what the numbers for "No trans women were murdered last year" came from.

Because overall violent crime against trans women is up threefold.

Yes, being feminine and killed is a problem, that isn't on trans people though.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
If trans women don't exist, they can't be murdered.

I'm worried this might literally be their reasoning.

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
They really like to picture the criticism to her as coming from jealous people instead of people that are opposed to bigotry while generally ignoring or downplaying her bigotry.
It betrays so much about who these people really are. That they can't comprehend that there are people out there who are fully capable of judging others solely by their views and actions without it being driven by some primitive, base longing for wealth and jealousy of those who have it.

It's such a stupid, base mindset in itself.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I also want to know what the numbers for "No trans women were murdered last year" came from.

Because overall violent crime against trans women is up threefold.

Yes, being feminine and killed is a problem, that isn't on trans people though.

The statistics don't include if someone is trans. So if everyone in the country was murdered this year, no trans people would have been murdered this year.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
There we go.

It betrays so much about who these people really are. That they can't comprehend that there are people out there who are fully capable of judging others solely by their views and actions without it being driven by some primitive, base longing for wealth and jealousy of those who have it.

It's such a stupid, base mindset in itself.

This of course never stops them criticising anyone who disagrees with them even if they're "successful".

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
It's unbelievable how much patriarchal bullshit TERFs and GCs spew. And then they call themselves feminists.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
That piece she wrote made me completely sick to my stomach. Everything in it is exactly what I expect a terf to be writing and I still keep being disgusted and surprised.

The only small positive was 330 employees trying (all though failing) to stop transphobia at the Guardian. It's still a shit paper at this point, but at least some on staff care.

abby autopsy

Nov 24, 2020
I used to feel pretty optimistic about the future of trans people in the uk. I thought that transphobia was a hobby for middle class losers in the media. they would never be able to outlast us, this is who we are but every week it gets a little bit worse and still enough cis people dont seem to care. I dont know how this gets turned around :(

anamika

May 18, 2018
So JK Rowling has continued to target Nicola Sturgeon for quite some time which has lead to misogynistic hate all over Sturgeon's timeline

View: https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1598015935499370496?cxt=HHwWgIDUzdrBpa0sAAAA

and now Scottish MSPs like Monica Lennon are getting abuse as well for not being transphobic

View: https://twitter.com/Gemma_clark14/status/1601996811752939520?cxt=HHwWgIC9_Znnt7ssAAAA

View: https://twitter.com/Gemma_clark14/status/1601991840458313734?cxt=HHwWjMC8-erFtbssAAAA

DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021
JK Rowling has launched a new women-only support service for victims of sexual violence.

The author says Beira's Place will provide free support and advocacy for women in Edinburgh who have experienced abuse at any time in their lives.

She said the service would meet an "unmet need" in response to demands from female survivors of abuse.

Ms Rowling said it was important that survivors had the option of women-centred and women-delivered care.

Rape Crisis Scotland said support should also be available to trans and non-binary people.
www.bbc.co.uk

JK Rowling funds women-only rape help centre in Edinburgh

The author says Beira's Place in Edinburgh will fill "an unmet need" from female survivors of abuse.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
It's difficult to address this topic with the nuance it deserves, but I guess my general thoughts on this are "In principle this sounds like a great idea, but I just don't trust a terf to offer care that's beneficial to anyone".

I hope this does genuinely help people, but my concern is that it ends up being a transphobic breeding ground of toxic ideas. The women who use this service will be incredibly vulnerable by the very nature of the service - that this service is explicitly exclusionary to trans and non-binary people doesn't suggest the welcoming, supportive environment that's required. And of course, statistically ignoring trans women for example is to ignore the most vulnerable.

But at the same time, I know JK has been through some stuff herself. I would hope that her rampant transphobia wouldn't stop her from doing some genuine good, even if it's only for cis women. But I struggle to believe it.

...Also the article fucking sucks. It's not even pretending to avoid the real reason this charity has been set up at this moment in 2022 - as political marketing against trans rights.

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
It's difficult to address this topic with the nuance it deserves, but I guess my general thoughts on this are "In principle this sounds like a great idea, but I just don't trust a terf to offer care that's beneficial to anyone".

I hope this does genuinely help people, but my concern is that it ends up being a transphobic breeding ground of toxic ideas. The women who use this service will be incredibly vulnerable by the very nature of the service - that this service is explicitly exclusionary to trans and non-binary people doesn't suggest the welcoming, supportive environment that's required. And of course, statistically ignoring trans women for example is to ignore the most vulnerable.

But at the same time, I know JK has been through some stuff herself. I would hope that her rampant transphobia wouldn't stop her from doing some genuine good, even if it's only for cis women. But I struggle to believe it.

...Also the article fucking sucks. It's not even pretending to avoid the real reason this charity has been set up at this moment in 2022 - as political marketing against trans rights.
At this point I would not be surprised for JK and her friends to later release some statistics of how many victims are from "men pretending to be women", just to fuel their own.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I just wish there was something that came out in public about Rowling that even transphobes couldn't stand and had to distance themselves from. Just something in her closet that she doesn't want out that is so shocking that her reputation is completely broken, even from a far right perspective.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
This is infuriating on so many levels.

How do they intend to enforce it?

It takes a special kind of Evil to open a shelter for abuse victims and manage to make the baddies in the narrative trans people .
Can't really think of a way that won't make even cis-women feel unwelcome and feel like they're under suspicion from the staff, wich is absolutely the last thing you want to feel in a safe place after experiencing rape.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
Bingo to the above couple of posters. I got dogpiled on Twitter for making the same point, which made blocking a lot of TERFs really convenient.

Imagine you're a slightly masc cis woman. You get there at your lowest and face something between snide questions and a full on genital check to be allowed in.

Even "better" some respondents seriously claimed it wasn't transphobic because it allowed trans men. I've no idea if that's true but that's.... not going to make "Just knowing" easier.

Plenty of respondents also claimed there has never been any instances of a cis woman being mistaken for trans ever, but that's the brain worm level you're dealing with here.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
I used to feel pretty optimistic about the future of trans people in the uk. I thought that transphobia was a hobby for middle class losers in the media. they would never be able to outlast us, this is who we are but every week it gets a little bit worse and still enough cis people dont seem to care. I dont know how this gets turned around :(
This may be cold comfort coming from me, but I do believe decency will win out in the end. It just needs to be sooner rather than later. I hope you're safe right now.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
This is the terfs realising the sector has resolved the 'issue' over trans rights a decade ago and there hasn't been any issues at all (despite what that article says). Refuges treat clients as the gender they present as because checking peoples genitals isn't exactly helpful or useful, and everyone (trans or otherwise) is risk assessed when they go into a refuge for potential harm to themselves or others. And the single biggest risk remains a woman contacting her ex partner and letting them know where the refuge is. Not whether they are trans or not. The second biggest risk is TERFs deciding to campaign against a support site because they treat trans women as women.

It's an entirely manufactured and evil outrage based on nothing but bigotry and an annoyance that the sector has been supporting trans women for *years* and there hasn't been an issue.

abby autopsy

Nov 24, 2020
Good the bigots are removing themselves from society. Maybe they can stop harassing trans inclusive shelters now (lol)

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
On a more positive note.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-63956604

A court has thrown out a challenge against the Scottish government's definition of a woman in law.
The For Women Scotland group complained about the way a bill aimed at gender balance on boards had included trans people under the definition of women.
They won an initial challenge earlier in 2022, but went back to court saying the law still conflates sex and gender.
Judge Lady Haldane said that the definition of sex was "not limited to biological or birth sex".
She said it could also include people with a gender recognition certificate after changing their legally recognised gender.
The judge also stated that sex and gender reassignment were separate and distinct characteristics but were not necessarily mutually exclusive.

In her decision, Lady Haldane wrote: "I conclude that in this context, which is the meaning of sex for the purposes of the 2010 Act, 'sex' is not limited to biological or birth sex, but includes those in possession of a GRC obtained in accordance with the 2004 Act stating their acquired gender, and thus their sex."

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Bingo to the above couple of posters. I got dogpiled on Twitter for making the same point, which made blocking a lot of TERFs really convenient.

Imagine you're a slightly masc cis woman. You get there at your lowest and face something between snide questions and a full on genital check to be allowed in.

Even "better" some respondents seriously claimed it wasn't transphobic because it allowed trans men. I've no idea if that's true but that's.... not going to make "Just knowing" easier.

Plenty of respondents also claimed there has never been any instances of a cis woman being mistaken for trans ever, but that's the brain worm level you're dealing with here.
The allowing Trans Men is super transphobic because the whole point is they don't see trans men as men, they see them as still women.

They can shout to the high heavens and throw out as much consulted logic as they can and it doesn't change the fact they are straight up bigots, and it's not just transphobic but pretty anti-women at the end of the day, though I think that is becoming more and more apparent to the general public thankfully.