• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes the proof that people have a problem with neportism is an obscure subreddit while the vast majority of people continue to directly support nepotism in some way.
Heck the most famous dynasty of American politicians are the Kennedys and the one that was president literally had his bro at the highest level of the state.
Yeah people really don't like nepotism.
So you're arguing that nepotism is not really an issue because its widespread? That's a take. I wonder on what else could that logic be applied to.

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
I just looked it up and found out the Wachowskis are related to each other as well. I think I'm going to be sick. How is this kind of thing allowed? Why are there no systems in place to prevent such blatant nepotism from happening in this industry? I'm never gonna be able to watch the Matrix ever again...

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Damn.. and all those people who criticize capitalism still have iphones... really makes you think huh
Yes, clearly nepotism is exactly like capitalism.
You cracked the code.

So you're arguing that nepotism is not really an issue because its widespread? That's a take. I wonder on what else could that logic be applied to.
I'm arguing that no one cares enough about it to change their behavior about this issue.
It can definitely be an issue but it's like infrastructure in the US, you'll never be elected advocating for bike lanes and public transit.

So the whole "people give shit to Gunn for nepotism" is bad faith of the highest order.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
The things said about her are horrendous on Twitter. And apparently now people "can't trust" James Gunn cause of this and other things.

Plus they have been calling him a pedo even more now and are accusing his wife of helping him along with being a trophy wife.

They're unhinged.

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
It's always the Snyder cultists

edit: lol now they're targeting David Ayer because he posted in support of James and Jennifer

Oct 26, 2017
I worry about how often Gunn responds to all the pieces of shit on the internet. I don't know how he doesn't burn out from all the shit slung into his orbit.

Oct 26, 2017
Props on Gunn for defending his wife.
But my dude, you don't need to respond to every Twitter rando when most of them are trolls that have already made up their minds about you.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
James Gunn should realize by now he doesn't need to respond so often to social media. If something, anything bad happens while he's managing the dcu, hell never hear the end of it online.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I don't remember ever seeing much pushback to Sam Raimi putting Ted in pretty much every one of his films either.

Yeah but Sam Raimi didn't destroy the greatest superhero cinematic universe that has ever existed like Gunn has.

Isnt she playing the same relatively minor character in all these movies/shows?

Yes and she's a pretty decent actress with a major role in the behind the scenes stuff so it makes sense for her to pop up in the films, but Snyderverse fans don't exactly see reason.

You'd think they'd be satisfied with a pretty blonde white girl since that's their ideal.

Art_3

Banned
Aug 30, 2022
Gunn is a bit too online, these shitposters and misogynist trolls are like cockroaches,it ain't worth it man

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is misogynistic bullshit and nothing more.

And all the complaining about nepotism is hilarious. Nepotism is only really a problem when someone undeserving gets to benefit from it. I'm certainly not holding my breath for everyone to suddenly turn on Robert Downey Jr., Laura Dern, George Clooney, Liza Minnelli, Drew Barrymore, Brandon Cronenberg, Jason Reitman, and on and on.

Wrighteous86

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm not a fan of his wife's acting (or role) and I think she has an oddly random importance in DC projects given her character and personal level of fame.

I also roll my eyes at how big Kraglin has become in the Guardians franchise too.

But I can also not confront him with that shit because I'm not an asshole full of misguided anger and it's ultimately not a big deal.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I haven't seen anyone complaining James Gunn casts his brother. This is just misogyny.
Yeah lol people love him
kraglin-animated-gif-your-share.gif

suicide-squad-weasel.gif

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
If I ever make a movie, of course I'm casting all my friends and any family I want in it. The fuck you gonna do about it?

Azzazel

Oct 25, 2017
I swear James Gunn is gonna drive himself nuts if he keeps responding to every stupid little shit on twitter.

Feb 16, 2022
Anime avatars and normal Snyder fans catching strays in here

Some people just can't miss the chance to put down stuff they don't like huh

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022
People like this twitter clown don't deserve the oxygen, but at the same time I get the temptation to publicly shame them.

I've only seen Holland in the role as Hartcourt and she's excellent there, to boot. The loser in question sounds like a hardcore misogynist, so that explains a lot.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
This is a wider issue than one Twitter dickhead. It's been happening for months now.
Unfortunately that's just a problem with the internet, and feeding the trolls isn't helping

I really don't understand why a top level film executive is going around replying to random ass losers on Twitter.

Does he not have real work to do?

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
I know it's a lame comeback to say people need to get a life but… people really need to get a life. Imagine this being any kind of priority for an individual and to harass someone over it.

TheMerv

Jan 1, 2022
It's always the Snyder cultists

edit: lol now they're targeting David Ayer because he posted in support of James and Jennifer
They'll go fucking nuclear if Gunn ever pays Snyder a basic friendly visit.

"Fucking James Gunn and his nepotism. Only giving jobs to relatives and friends. He should hire Zack Snyder instead!"

Gunn: "My friend Zack..."

Bunch of fucking right-wing dipshits.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I saw that earlier, in response he should put her in everything, the new DCEU should be the Hollandverse and I don't mean Tom.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Having to google this "ooohh her!"

Didn't know she was married to him. Or that he was married…

Anyway she's in like Suicide squad and peacemaker right? That's like two things lol