• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
What in tarnation?!

Akihiko Kondo's mother refused an invitation to her only son's wedding in Tokyo this month, but perhaps that isn't such a surprise: He was marrying a hologram.

"For Mother, it wasn't something to celebrate," said the soft-spoken 35-year-old, whose "bride" is a virtual reality singer named Hatsune Miku.

In fact, none of Kondo's relatives attended his wedding to Miku — an animated 16-year-old with saucer eyes and lengthy aquamarine pigtails — but that didn't stop him from spending ¥2 million on a formal ceremony at a Tokyo hall.

Around 40 guests watched as he tied the knot with Miku, present in the form of a cat-sized stuffed doll.

"I never cheated on her, I've always been in love with Miku-san," he said, using a honorific that is commonly employed in Japan, even by friends.

"I've been thinking about her every day," he said a week after the wedding.

meet_kondo_man_marr5be927d0c8d55.jpg

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2...virtual-reality-singer-hatsune-miku-hologram/

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
You see, Konami? You need to make more Love Plus so people can get marry and be happy. Not only mobile but also on a certain handheld platform too.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Legit question:

Does marrying in Japan give finantial advantages (even with fictional characters/things)? Like for taxes and so on.
Anytime I see one of these japanese men "marrying" fictional characters makes me question it.

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
The birth rate of Japan will continue to decline if more inanimate marriages continue

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't someone marry Eiffel Tower? I don't see the big deal here. Whatever floats their boats, I guess.