• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
What a strangle world we live in.
It's a strangle world!?

06d40dd2095e060fd370dc8a976b06d766c6a75b1b095f5e7015af1b20a3ab8b.jpg

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised he can even do this officially. Can you marry an inanimate object in Japan ?

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Somewhere there's an old man wishes to be like him.

''Dang it, wish I had done the same....I regret ever marring to this old hag....''

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Okay yeah, the wedding has no legal standing. I wouldn't show up to a fake wedding either.

Also, he works as a school administrator.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know the more i think about this, the more i find it heartbreaking.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
I think that the reasons for someone marrying an inanimate object with no human characteristics are different than marrying an idealized cartoon singing puppet instrument.

Well able to marry either an inanimate object or one with human characteristics is same to me. We just recently had headlines for first sex doll brothel establishment in our country here in Northern Europe, so this doesn't really come anywhere shocking to me.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly though, we probably should add a note to the OP that mentions this is just a wedding that was held, and not a legally binding thing in any way.
All I need is Amadeus to be real and I would marry Kurisu. Atleast then I'd have someone and reap those sick tax benefits. ;;
This sucker doesn't get tax benefits!

I would marry Kurisu first.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
All I need is Amadeus to be real and I would marry Kurisu. Atleast then I'd have someone and reap those sick tax benefits. ;;

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Soo.
Kondo's not alone either: He says Gatebox has issued more than 3,700 certificates for "cross-dimension" marriages and some people have sent him supportive messages.

I can't imagine all these individuals actually think they are married married to digital charcters. Are they doing it to make a point? Like an F you to parents/family that won't leave them alone about getting married?