Bomi-Chan

Nov 8, 2017
I finally gave ONE OK ROCK's new album a listen, and I enjoyed it. I can see why people would be disappointed with the album since it's a big departure from the rest of their catalog. The best songs were definitely the singles.

Between this and Ambitions, I enjoyed Ambitions a lot more.

I recently got into REOL. Good stuff.
I think Ambitions is way better, but Eye of The Storm is still a really solid entry in their discography. Better than any pre-Niche Syndrome (which is like the standard everyone uses to judge any new OOR material since 2011) release imo

Hell, Eye of the storm and Giants are legit some of my fav OOR songs to date. Worst in Me is also pretty neato.

hey guys, can anyone recommend me something similar to reol?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not technically a new release, but the 2019 album Noisy Night Fever by Broken By The Scream is finally on Spotify. I don't follow the band enough to know the licensing implications, all I know is that it was missing until recently.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New Gesu no Kiwami Otome single is out

Discovered this band called Kujira yoru no machi. Their first mini-album (unfortunately not available worldwide) is very very impressive, especially when you know that they were still in high school 2 months ago. Gotta keep an eye on them.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New Vaundy is lovely

ScottNak

That Aeon Card CM making of got a longer version of the new Keyakizaka song (apparently it's also the ending theme of their documentary?).
I wonder if that intro with Yuipon talking is part of the song (I hope it is!), meaning she's also the center. Maaaan, it sounds so good. Lord knows when the new single will finally drop with this corona situation. Can't believe it's been more than a year since Kuroi Hitsuji. Now that HIrate is gone, Yuipon is slowly becoming my main oshi.

Last edited:

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

I've asked like 10 of my friends now, and they all hear something similar. What do you hear for the third line after 0:50 (without checking the actual lyrics)?

"I'm gonna knock on your door
Ring on your bell
_________________"

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
But I legit heard "Tap on your window" before checking!

Arashi uploaded their 2012 Arafes. One of the first shows of the group I watched back then.
It has Sakurai's solo song T.A.B.O.O. as well as Ninomiya's Gimmick Game, so it's automatically a good concert.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New TOKYO HEALTH CLUB is great.
Second track リピート/Repeat features Hitsujibungaku's vocalist. Her voice is a good fit for hip-hop! Between this and Akai Ko-en's collab with Pecori, it's great to get crossovers with rock and hip-hop artists joining forces.

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
New TOKYO HEALTH CLUB is great.
Second track リピート/Repeat features Hitsujibungaku's vocalist. Her voice is a good fit for hip-hop! Between this and Akai Ko-en's collab with Pecori, it's great to get crossovers with rock and hip-hop artists joining forces.

ahhhh I didn't know this was coming out!

Also apparently it was on Bandcamp but now isn't anymore? Shit! I missed the boat!

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they released like a week or so before the official release as a way to raise money to help music venues/clubs.

I hate sometimes how limited my ability to keep track of Japanese artists is. It turns out they posted about the album back in February and the Bandcamp thing on the 7th. My own fault, I guess.

I legit would buy the album twice just to have it on Bandcamp, that's how much I love Bandcamp. Doubly so since it was going to a good cause!

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Since we are talking about good causes, Toe launched this project called Music Unites Against Covid-19.
You choose the venue you want to help, pay between 500 and 10000 yen, and get access to a Dropbox folder with tracks from 70+ artists such as Toe (obviously), Brahman, Monoeyes, The Hiatus, Tokyo Jihen, cero, DATS, clammbon, envy, Number Girl...
The tracks are either new songs, demos, live versions... that you (I assume for the most part) can only get this way. Very happy to be able to listen to new material from Monoeyes and The Hiatus!

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

Something I came across a couple of months ago, it showed up again in my recs, reminding me to add their stuff in my library.
"Lo-fi hiphop"/chill hiphop artists are slowly becoming a dime a dozen in Japan, but these guys are neat.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

This album is gonna be amazing.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
These guys grabbed my attention last year with a few singles, and their latest MV released earlier this year is pretty neat.
Also I just learned that the vocalist is the younger brother of Suiyoubi no Campanella's KOM_I. Pretty sure that's also her singing under the alias "aneki' on the 1st track of their EP.

Recently discovered Nakimushi, who seems to have already a nice following if the views are anything to go by. Not a lot of singers with this kind of husky voice lately. Gonna keep an close eye on him!

Last edited:

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017

This showed up on my Twitter. Produced by KASHIWA daisuke, with piana showing up on the chorus. Pretty nice.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I can't hold all these new music videos!

Loving the background brass band of the new THE ORAL CIGARETTES.

New go!go!vanillas is great, 1st song they release since the bassist's car accident that happened last year.

The new Age Factory got some early 00s pop punk influences thrown into the mix. Sweeeeeeet!

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Dongurizu's major debut single is super neat

The new (sic)boy track is absolute fire. I hope we'll get more of these rap-rock hybrids (I'm not talking about genres that already exist like mixture rock, nu-metal and affiliated) in the hip-hop scene.

who28, as well as Lil Soft Tennis are also doing stuff in that spirit, and I love it. I need to do some more digging.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Not usually a big fan of Tohji, but man, this track on kZm's new album is 5 stars material (I wonder if they're sampling Bloc Party's Helicopter, cause the guitar sounds the same)

Last edited:

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
www.facebook.com

For Tracy Hyde

// D r e a m G a z e // DKFM Shoegaze Radio主催のバーチャル・フェスティバル『DreamGaze Worldwide』に参加! 世界各国のシューゲイズ・バンドが未発表のライブ映像を提供する4時間のフェス、For Tracy Hydeは撮り下ろしのスタジオ・セッション映像で参加します。フェスは4月25日(土)11:00よりFacebook...
For Tracy Hyde
We'll be participating in "DreamGaze Worldwide", a virtual shoegaze festival hosted by DKFM Shoegaze Radio!
Shoegaze bands from around the world will be contributing unreleased live footage, and For Tracy Hyde have submitted a studio session shot especially for this occasion. The festival will be streamed via Facebook Watch on 24 April (Fri) 19:00 PDT or 22:00 EDT.

Livestream links: https://www.facebook.com/events/2742649869167404/2748920591873665

Noice

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Oh snap. New Kyary :D

Once again leans into some of those traditional sort of traditionalisms in the melody here and there. This track would have fit snugly on her last album. The track is alright.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Gesu no Kiwami Otome released the MV for Jinsei no Hari.
Godlike song, neat video, English subs!
I think it's already one of my fav tracks by the band.

New osage goes hard

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I haven't listened to Ieiri Leo in years (maybe since her 2nd album), but her latest singles are very good.

I was waiting for some missing albums to hit Apple Music to finally get back to her music, and it looks like my prayers have been recently answered.

My fellow pop punk/melocore heads will be happy to learn that Pizza of Death's catalog hit subscription services earlier this week, so go wild and listen to all the Hi-STANDARD you want.
They've released a live album as well to go along.

Last edited:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Looks like he's going to be helping with the rest of the MVs from the new Gesu Kiwa album, which is amazing news.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
From yesterday

Edit: And upon listening to the session. Wowza. Can't wait for them to tour again.

Last edited: