Soap

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty obvious Ubisoft top talent are all covering their arses and getting away with it.

I think people would have more luck putting pressure on Nintendo, Sony and MS to make I idiocy change rather than Ubisoft itself. Does Nintendo really want to be associated with this when Mario and Rabbids comes out?

Deleted member 10193

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well. I've kinda liked or straight up loved every single main AC franchise entry (yes even Unity), but this might be the one that will finally put me off the franchise for good.
Origins was fun but I miss the days of having a big sprawling city rather than a small settlements dotted around a huge map. Unity was the last AC game I truly enjoyed.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Based on Jason's comments, They barely did anything to protect their employees.

A lot of the same scum mother fuckers are still in charge of major projects.

Business as usual for Ubisoft.

Indeed, Ubisoft and Yves are happy to try and ignore that they did nothing to protect anyone but the disgusting boys club of abusers (and their bonuses and stocks) that make up their Managerial teams.

Fuck Yves Guillemot

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of interesting so does this mean co-op game? Would be kinda weird for a single player live service imo.

Had a feeling it was headed this direction with how they structured skill masteries it seemed like they were testing the waters.

Could be cool so long as the MTX is reasonable. I'll judge it when we see it.

Nov 21, 2017
Welp I guess I'm done with this franchise for the foreseeable future. Also good the employees are abandoning Ubi to work at other devs in Canada.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
And thats how you kill a franchise.

RIP Assassins Creed. I thought Ubisoft released a statement a couple months ago saying that they're gonne tone down the emphasis on games using live service stuff?

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Origins was fun but I miss the days of having a big sprawling city rather than a small settlements dotted around a huge map. Unity was the last AC game I truly enjoyed.

Yeah, I get that sentiment, but for Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla, the setting more than made up for the loss of huge cities for me.
Origins especially had an amazing setting that is very seldom visited in games.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Why would they skip the opportunity to sell $60-70 boxed games if it works like an MMO? I'm confused why they think that's a good idea.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Vague enough and far out enough that it could result in anything really, so I'll wait for way more information before declaring the death of the franchise.

I recall Assassin's Creed: Origins getting quite a bit of criticism well in advance of it's release and that turned out great.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for post that.

They are taking inspiration just from the 2 biggest games in the industry. GTA released 8 years ago, Fortnite 14. Aren't they a little late?

But that's the point. That game released 8 years ago. And it's still the biggest game in the world and the company's shares are sky rocketing when Ubi has released like 8 seperate games in the same time and theirs have remained flat.

It's their biggest franchise by far but it's not doing GTAV/Fortnite levels of success for the company. No great surprise that they're looking at how they can do that.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Why would they skip the opportunity to sell $60-70 boxed games if it works like an MMO? I'm confused why they think that's a good idea.
Because games like Genshin Impact, Uma Musume, and so on make hundreds of millions of dollars a month. These are PVE games. Not even including PVP games which there are plenty.

Oct 30, 2017
But of course we will still get a traditional AC games, I don't think they will suddenly stop making them and focusing entirely and solely on this live service entry.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Honestly, the title is a bit strange, shouldn't the focus be on the fact that abusers are still in high positions in the company?

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I love how not a single person ITT said "wow that's great news" :p

Edit: I stand corrected, the post right above me did.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
"Any employee that had allegations and remain at Ubisoft has had their case rigorously reviewed by a third party and were either exonerated or underwent appropriate disciplinary actions,"

Uh huh, sure Jan.

"Employees who have been under investigation would not remain at Ubisoft if results of investigations warranted termination."

Seeing as how they just shifted leads "around different departments", I'm guessing they don't view any harassment as grounds for termination.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I suppose it was inevitable as the games steadily became more mechanically homogenous. I can see why they'd go in that direction but I struggle to imagine it working well

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

I'm not gonna say it's gonna be automatically bad but we are already getting 100+ hour games, making them even bigger with two studios cooperating that, I think, previously managed to add their unique flavour to each game (Odyssey and Origins may share a lot, but I think they're also quite different in many key ways) just sounds like a worse deal than we have now.

eggroll

Apr 18, 2021
One positive thing is I won't have to go through my usual "should I buy it or not" with AC since Odyssey, this is something I'm not interested in at all.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017

I'm honestly kind of surprised at the prejudice here, as if this was the thing to finally turn the AC series into an unfocused, impersonal, grindy behemoth of a lootfest with barely passable writing.

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
Bloated open world.
RPG stuf.

And now live service platform?

Nope, I'm out. x100 times out for toxic men still in charge.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
How could one introduce even more jank and repetitive filler content than the average AC game? Why live service of course.

I believe Odyssey will remain the one and only modern AC I enjoyed.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Not sure, what everyone here is angry about, this sounds exactly like what people wanted. Making big and smaller games gives them the opportunity to go back to the AC 2 formula and the games don't have to be 200 hours long.

But as long as they don't change their leadership who cares.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Yeah, fuck both the series' direction and Ubisoft not doing anything to deal with all the toxic shit behind closed doors.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
I get a feeling that they will not abandon those AAA AssCred games.
This will be just UBI's warzone.