• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KayMote

Nov 5, 2017
One of the best things I witnessed regarding Jazz is probably this keyboard solo from Snarky Puppy:

Oct 27, 2017
Ken Burns' Jazz is on Amazon for those of you with Prime video. Recommended viewing, especially if you're interested in seeing how Jazz and the Blues basically invented Pop, Rock, R & B, almost all of modern music really, and learning about how much Armstrong, Ellington, and Billie Holiday were fucking bosses.

Some newer, weirder stuff I'm into also:

Oct 27, 2017
Albert Ayler at Coltrane's funeral is some of the most beautiful and heartbreaking playing you will ever hear. Ayler was a huge influence on Coltrane's later work.

Last edited:

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
Warning, you may have just opened up the flood gates:

Things To come - Dizzy Gillespie

Song With Orange - Mingus Big Band

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
Grease Bucket - Wycliff Gordon

Everyday I Have The Blues - Count Basie & Joe Williams

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
15 Minutes Late - Clayton Hamilton

Slide's Derangement - Maynard Ferguson

I got plenty more if you want some more. I was in a really amazing Jazz Band in highschool that competed Nationally and I had a huge amount of Jazz knowledge from that experience.

Oct 27, 2017
i remember the first time i heard the horns kick in on this one, nearly lost my mind

DAT LYDIAN CHROMATIC CONCEPT OF TONAL ORGANIZATION

Zach

Oct 25, 2017

This is, like, the best album. If you're feeling a little funky. Maybe a little sassy. Possibly a little dancy.

Oct 27, 2017
some good tunes around here! i'm glad i share this board with such ladies and gentlemen of quality

drummer is a BEAST

LittleTokyo

Oct 30, 2017
That Sonny Sharrock is an absolute classic! The Thing and James Blood Ulmer just released an incredible recording together and since I couldn't find anything from that record on YT here's a live performance of that grouping. The recording is incredible though and worth tracking down sooner rather then later..

MilShap

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
On that keyboard solo from Snarky Puppy's Lingus, that is Cory Henry. He and the guy freaking out next to him (Shaun Martin) are absolute beasts on keys. Go look up some YouTube videos of Cory playing organ and prepare for your jaw to drop.