• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
The same week as when ToTK drops, call it. Sony will try to dominate discussion with PS5's 2nd phase.

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
Guy shaved his head because he was wrong about Metroid Prime, and then it turned out that Nintendo was shadowdropping the game soon after. Obviously he doesn't have perfect knowledge of upcoming events (especially considering that these things are moved around pretty frequently), but an insider gets nine things right and one thing wrong and folks around here are like "this man cannot be trusted!" Like, yeah, it's a leak/rumor and take all leaks and rumors with a grain of salt, but it's more likely to be accurate than not and I think it's safe to promote a guy who has a solid, if not perfect track record over obviously fake 4chan leaks.

I get that there are a lot of people who don't like "insider culture," but it's kind of the wrong board to complain about that on.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Wolverine tease and Spidey 2 trailer is expected.

I don't expect Persona here but we'll all know soon enough.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't trust Grubb info right now.
I'll trust his PlayStation info for now as he was spot on with the SoP. Granted always take anything in terms of insider information/rumors with a grain of salt but this barrage of "I wouldn't trust Jeff Grubb right now" is a bit silly given how much he's gotten correct for all 3 platforms lol.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Let's see how accurate this one is
spin-the-wheel-price-is-right.gif

TRdante

Banned
Jun 17, 2021
First Party:

TLoU Factions + New IP ND Teaser
New SSM Game(Cory)
New Bend Studios Game
Firewalk Studios IP
New Bluepoint Game Teaser
Death Stranding 2 Gameplay
Spider-Man 2 Gameplay
Firesprite Horror Game
Deviation Games Game Reveal
New Twisted Metal
New Uncharted Teaser
New PixelOpus IP
Astro Bot 2

3rd Party exclusive:
Silent Hill 2 Remake Gameplay + Release Date
Stellar Blade Gameplay

or bust

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Here we go with another round of people shitting on Jeff for no reason even though a lot of the stuff he is unsure of he specifically caveats it by saying it's a rumor he has heard.

Wrench

Jan 19, 2022
I'll trust his PlayStation info for now as he was spot on with the SoP. Granted always take anything in terms of insider information/rumors with a grain of salt but this barrage of "I wouldn't trust Jeff Grubb right now" is a bit silly given how much he's gotten correct for all 3 platforms lol.

My comment was just a small passing statement in a larger conversation. No worries.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
If a PS5 Pro is real, it'll be revealed closer to release. Announcing it now would just dampen the standard SKU demand/whatever this updated disc-less mainline model is per Tom.

Yeah indeed. But I still expect the new PS5 skus to be announced during this event cus there won't be a bigger event to happen this year.

Abrasion Test

Oct 27, 2017
Here we go with another round of people shitting on Jeff for no reason even though a lot of the stuff he is unsure of he specifically caveats it by saying it's a rumor he has heard.
it is odd that a lot of people want to defend their favorite insider who seems hellbent on making people's lives in this business harder for clout, but ok.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah. The man clearly has insider information and sources knowledgeable throughout the industry.

June 1st, baby.

GamerEDM

May 7, 2020
good to see playstation finally properly partipating in e3 window again .

This was one of the things that really frustrated me with them the past few years.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Yeah, until xbox gold is free can we stop having Grubb threads. Its speculation of stuff that makes sense to happen. People then come in quoting rumors as facts. Shit is getting ridiculous.
He literally never said that. He said that was pure speculation and not based on insider stuff and just a guess from the jump. That's completely different from claiming it's from a source. He just said he expected it to happen cuz he thought it would make sense and prefaced it by saying it was not anything based on any type of information he had received.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Yeah indeed. But I still expect the new PS5 skus to be announced during this event cus there won't be a bigger event to happen this year.

I dont think its going to be that big of a deal to get a spot in the showcase. Its just a form factor change at best, later into the year so it just would feel out of place at a software showcase

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022
I'm so over news that tell me when there will be a possible showcase. Just release one already 😭

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
Christ. This feels like the easiest prediction ever (like a lot of Nintendo predictions about the timing of announcements)

• It's April 21st, if Sony had a big showcase within the next 7 days it's likely they would have announced it or we'd have far more rumors swirling (maybe...idk)
  • SGF starts on June 8 and Sony is unlikely to want to get buried in the news coverage of everything there because if they can let their stuff breathe a little, why not.
  • Giving only a week for the news cycle of their announcements amidst all the rumors and leaks of other announcements likely pushes their showcase out of June
  • Leaving only May as a logical showcase window
  • Unless it's pushed to July which just seems unlikely with how far out that is and with the rumor that Sony wanted to do a big showcase last Autumn but games weren't ready.
Sure, Grubb knows some people that might have inside information but like....it's not that hard to make an educated guess

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Sounds good to me. Also, makes total sense that they'd try to get out ahead of when other companies usually drop their showcases.
it is odd that a lot of people want to defend their favorite insider who seems hellbent on making people's lives in this business harder for clout, but ok.
It's not that deep. I think people are just tired of the rampant thread whining. People act like Jeff's in here gassing himself up with these threads. Dude just shares things and then other people make threads and people get weirdly upset.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
He literally said to me on this website that it is "Still in the pipeline" a couple years back
Pull up the quote or I'm calling BS.
Christ. This feels like the easiest prediction ever (like a lot of Nintendo predictions about the timing of announcements)

It's April 21st, if Sony had a big showcase within the next 7 days it's likely they would have announced it or we'd have far more rumors swirling (maybe...idk)
SGF starts on June 8 and Sony is unlikely to want to get buried in the news coverage of everything there because if they can let their stuff breathe a little, why not.
Giving only a week for the news cycle of their announcements amidst all the rumors and leaks of other announcements likely pushes their showcase out of June
Leaving only May as a logical showcase window
Unless it's pushed to July which just seems unlikely with how far out that is and with the rumor that Sony wanted to do a big showcase last Autumn but games weren't ready.
Sure, Grubb knows some people that might have inside information but like....it's not that hard to make an educated guess
He called the last State of Play. Sony could just as easily not have a Showcase, in June/May or at all. They didn't last year and their last one was in August.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Hyped, been so long since we had a proper Sony blowout. Can't wait for the Sony/SGF/Xbox Summer sandwich! Hopefully not long until something big from Nintendo after that too.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
First Party:

TLoU Factions + New IP ND Teaser
New SSM Game(Cory)
New Bend Studios Game
Firewalk Studios IP
New Bluepoint Game Teaser
Death Stranding 2 Gameplay
Spider-Man 2 Gameplay
Firesprite Horror Game
Deviation Games Game Reveal
New Twisted Metal
New Uncharted Teaser
New PixelOpus IP
Astro Bot 2

3rd Party exclusive:
Silent Hill 2 Remake Gameplay + Release Date
Stellar Blade Gameplay

or bust
Prepares for disappointment. It's going to be like every showcase. Starts with a bang, hits a heavy lull for the middle 15-20 minutes, everyone claims doom and gloom, saved by the last 10 minutes of great reveals. Everyone claims 11/10.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019

• It's April 21st, if Sony had a big showcase within the next 7 days it's likely they would have announced it or we'd have far more rumors swirling (maybe...idk)
  • SGF starts on June 8 and Sony is unlikely to want to get buried in the news coverage of everything there because if they can let their stuff breathe a little, why not.
  • Giving only a week for the news cycle of their announcements amidst all the rumors and leaks of other announcements likely pushes their showcase out of June
  • Leaving only May as a logical showcase window
  • Unless it's pushed to July which just seems unlikely with how far out that is and with the rumor that Sony wanted to do a big showcase last Autumn but games weren't ready.
I've got a feeling My sources tell me that we're going to see the event some time in late spring, maybe early Summer. May most likely, but also possible to happen before June. July unlikely ... but still a possibility. Safe money is before Summer Game Fest. Could go any way, honestly.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Grubb isn't bulletproof, but the fact remains that his hits heavily outweigh his misses. If he makes a claim it's worth making a note of

That said if Sony skips out on this showcase I'm gonna need him to shave his head again

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
A May or June event from Sony? This is the most obvious news in existence. Next we will find out that Nintendo is working on a Mario game!

Abrasion Test

Oct 27, 2017
It's also odd people want to defend the marketing plans of multi billon dollar corporations but hey.

I don't think that user was defending the PR teams but moreso the developers behind games that are taking negative hits without evidence.
Right I mean those of us that work in this industry aren't the ones making multi billion dollars lol, we just want to do our jobs. Dude's built a whole platform off of leaking shit and some of it is pretty harmful in the case of the Hi-Fi Rush stuff. It's junk food bait news when there's actual other fucked up shit (or good stuff!) in the industry that could be reported on.

Status
Not open for further replies.