• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sure, Grubb knows some people that might have inside information but like....it's not that hard to make an educated guess
Grubb has been saying this same thing since he gave the timeline for the SoP before it was announced (in February) and that the SoP was gonna be a low-key one, both of which were correct.

I get people wanna be snarky but this is just continuing on what he has been saying for 2 months now.

A May or June event from Sony? This is the most obvious news in existence. Next we will find out that Nintendo is working on a Mario game!
2022 though 💀

Tigerfan2019

Jun 14, 2020
LOL at the people acting like he Jeff can't be trusted because he said something that he heard on his podcast. Dude has always been money of his event scheduling and has been saying for months that PlayStation would have a low-key state of play (which he was right) before there showcase happening before SGF.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
Pull up the quote or I'm calling BS.

He called the last State of Play. Sony could just as easily not have a Showcase, in June/May or at all. They didn't last year and their last one was in August.
I get the feeling that they won't do individual showcases for each game they have coming up. They had one for FFXVI because that's coming in June but we only know about...Spider-Man 2 (supposedly?) coming this year. They could hold off on showing anything but unless they have next to nothing after FF they need to announce more for this year...I can't think of anything else of the top of my head. I'm not saying that he's wrong or is making it up or doesn't have more info or anything....but I would have come to the same conclusion based on the facts alone so everyone freaking out one way or the other needs to chill

Grubb has been saying this same thing since he gave the timeline for the SoP before it was announced (in February) and that the SoP was gonna be a low-key one, both of which were correct.

I get people wanna be snarky but this is just continuing on what he has been saying for 2 months now.

2022 though 💀
Wasn't trying to be snarky about him or his credentials or anything, just that it's an easy educated guess for anyone to make based on what we know and history

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Literally every Jeff Grubb thread on this forum
7j0ns3.jpg

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I get the feeling that they won't do individual showcases for each game they have coming up. They had one for FFXVI because that's coming in June but we only know about...Spider-Man 2 (supposedly?) coming this year. They could hold off on showing anything but unless they have next to nothing after FF they need to announce more for this year...I can't think of anything else of the top of my head. I'm not saying that he's wrong or is making it up or doesn't have more info or anything....but I would have come to the same conclusion based on the facts alone so everyone freaking out one way or the other needs to chill
They got through last year on nothing but SoPs though, no showcases. Before Grubb's initial report (low-key SoP followed by a proper showcase) I was expecting the same for summer 2023.

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
You'll feel better accepting all information regarding Sony showcases are false. This has been the way for years now.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Some people take personal offense whenever something slightly negative is said about their favorite console brand. I remember when some folks were mad at him for having negative insights on PlayStation lol. It's so predictable.
I remember this, lol. All I will say is it seems he did get better with Sony showcase, State of Play stuff.
Literally every Jeff Grubb thread on this forum
7j0ns3.jpg
Lmao!!

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017

Yuuuup.

Some people take personal offense whenever something slightly negative is said about their favorite console brand. I remember when some folks were mad at him for having negative insights on PlayStation lol. It's so predictable.

He got a lot of heat for his PS comments lol I guess that's just how it goes. I'm sure he'll leak some super undercover project and people will like him again.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
They got through last year on nothing but SoPs though, no showcases. Before Grubb's initial report (low-key SoP followed by a proper showcase) I was expecting the same for summer 2023.
Literally thought there was no actual difference between "Showcase" and "State of Play" until I just looked it up. Thought it was just a different phrase for the same thing...

Idk...when they announce stuff, they announce stuff...it's just the right time of year for it and if it's 2 first party games and some other 3rd party games and is *technically* a SoP...that's fine. Truly doesn't matter🤷‍♂️

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
I'll keep my eyes peeled around that time then, we'll see what happens. Would love for that to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.