• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo watching the news after rebooting the Advance Wars remake to be monarchy themed instead of the russian parallels:

Monkey_Puppet.jpg

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
That's BS. More like Grubb found out he was wrong (direct never existed or got delayed) and is backtracking. He's using the queen as a convenient excuse.
The source isn't Grubb, lol.

View: https://twitter.com/Tolkoto/status/1567920636642660352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1567920636642660352%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Plus, Dan Ryckert also said the same thing. Before you try to jump at Grubb, realize this isn't him saying it lol

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
it would be hilarious if one of the trailers shown had the voice over said something like "the queen is back and more alive than ever!" but i dont know if any nintendo ip would fit something like that

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo is very delay-happy, that's the thing about announcing Direct 2/3 days beforehand, you can delay without the public knowing it was.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Delay of an event that was never announced, for something that hasn't been publicly announced yet.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's very believable from the publisher of a game delayed while they wait for there to be no more war in the world

MaxAugust

Jan 28, 2018
I mean, if the Queen is dead, it is going to dominate the news for a week at least and a number of countries are going to be canceling tons of events. Japanese companies are also typically very cautious about that sort of thing. It isn't like pushing it back a week or so would hurt them much. I believe it.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Huge doubt on this one from me..

Man I hate 'leakers'
Really? Huge doubt? This is the same company that indefinitely delayed Advance Wars 1+2 due to what was going on in Ukraine. It adds up and seems like something Nintendo would absolutely do (delay a direct due what's going on w/ Queen Elizabeth). Plus, a separate source who works for GamesBeat has also said it MIGHT BE delayed.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
That's BS. More like Grubb found out he was wrong (direct never existed or got delayed) and is backtracking. He's using the queen as a convenient excuse.
The queen passing is going to be one of the major media events of this century. It's going to dominate the news for days. Would you schedule a product presentation right in the middle of it, if you could avoid it?

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
The queen passing is going to be one of the major media events of this century. It's going to dominate the news for days. Would you schedule a product presentation right in the middle of it, if you could avoid it?
I would see it as a challenge to be met with fervor - can I make my video game generate more buzz than Her Majesty's passing? Let's find out!

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
People are gonna have a real one if this is true. We're already seeing it now.

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
Very likely true, if her health remains up in the air or she passes and there's a funeral, they won't want to inadvertently have their direct on the same day or the day before/after - a lot of media focus will be on it around the world (BBC has suspended programming etc...) regardless what we may think of her, it will suck the air out of the media landscape for a while - absolutely makes sense that there is a contingency in place and they are thinking of delaying for a week or so

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This event that could be happening, that's anywhere from a partner direct to a BotW2 blowout, might be delayed because *checks the transcript* the Queen is sick.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there was anything that "needed" to be announced before TGS, something that I assume won't be budged.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Might happen, might not. Who knows. Depends on how it goes. If she manages to live through next week then delaying the direct would probably cause more problems.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Status
Not open for further replies.