Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And I stand by it. Women trash public toilets worse than men do and its not even close.

Mate, you don't go to enough nights out in clubs where urinals are usually blocked by empty pint cups and piss is almost overflowing, and the rest of the toilets just have piss everywhere as well.

tldr; public toilets are just always rank, hold it in if you can

ps. Rowling is always a bit of a shithead. Huffs her own ego too much and thinks she's invincible.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again who the hell was I lecturing? Please tell me. I'd love to hear it because I'm sure as hell not here to lecture anybody and I take umbrage with the suggestion that I am. Please stop that.

Don't backquote like that. Can't even tell if you've responded. You've been lecturing everyone in this thread the whole time. You've been lecturing how trans people react and how the admins/mods should do things mainly. You decided to take a topic that had nothing to do with this thread to get on your soapbox about how you have the right method and we don't. I don't know what else you would call that. But I call it annoying.

CapNBritain

Oct 26, 2017
California
Fair enough! I should have wrote that as "recognizing that cisgender and transgender women have had different experience."

Zefah I also had the same thought. It's a shame that emotions are so high that this line of thinking can be seen as an attack. but I mean, it is understandable. It's hard to give people the benefit of the doubt when there's so much hate out there. I also wonder if there is a large number of people who would like to discuss cis-women experiences separately from trans-women ones without the transphobia. I personally don't think there's a lot there in regards to sharing bathrooms, but I'm not a woman.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Aight, that's cool.

Again who the hell was I lecturing? Please tell me. I'd love to hear it because I'm sure as hell not here to lecture anybody and I take umbrage with the suggestion that I am. Please stop that.

Offering people some friendly suggestions about how to deal with something (the negative aspects of human nature) that literally everybody in the history of ever living has had trouble with is annoying? The fact that you feel that way is really sad. Listen man, maybe I was out of line trying to offer some mediation tips, but the truth is we all have a fucking responsibility to this planet and I'm tired of feeling like I'm the only person who give a shit.

Would you prefer "preaching", seeing as you're acting like you're some missionary saving people from not having to engage with garbage through the wonderful new ideas of "safe spaces are bad" and "this is an echo chamber and that is bad"? Like, fuck, Gamergate was like 4 years ago now, I heard those lines of thought enough back then and they're still just as wrong now.

Nobody saw your suggestions as friendly. You inserted yourself in a discussion to bring up some wildly irrelevant ideas (this is not an academic setting) and to tell people they should have to deal with posters being transphobic because it'll prepare them for the "real world", instead of letting them to enjoy themselves when they're not dealing with real life. Nobody asked for you to help them and for all your praising of the "exchange of ideas" you refused to listen to anyone saying how your suggestions are completely unfair to the people being forced to educate the ignorant. To be frank, you're not the only one who gives a shit about the planet, but you are the only one who gives a shit about what you randomly brought into this topic.

...also, you literally just backquoted someone asking you not to backquote, so that's nice.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Offering people some friendly suggestions about how to deal with something (the negative aspects of human nature) that literally everybody in the history of ever living has had trouble with is annoying? The fact that you feel that way is really sad. Listen man, maybe I was out of line trying to offer some mediation tips, but the truth is we all have a fucking responsibility to this planet and I'm tired of feeling like I'm the only person who gives a shit. We're not helpless and we can do something about it if we just try.

Why did you backquote it again? Yes, the way you act in trans threads is annoying. Its all tone policing and trying to explain how we're doing things wrong. If you really care about your responsibility to the planet, then take a good hard long look at yourself and ask why you're saying all of this to the people actually affected by what transphobic people say. Why aren't you engaging with the transphobes at all? How does that come off to you that you're the only person who cares, when you're not actually doing anything about the problem yourself?

I've only ever seen you argue against trans people in these threads. Maybe you're doing something else in real life, but I'm not seeing what you're doing here that makes you feel that way.

Also, please don't call me man. Feels a bit meanspirited with the way you're purposely backquoting at this point.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it actually transphobic to say that there is a physical difference between post-op, surgery made genitalia and natural-born genitalia? Because I was banned for that once. Honest question.

What's the point of this? What are you implying with this? Or you're just "asking questions"?

Oct 28, 2017
Why did you backquote it again? Yes, the way you act in trans threads is annoying. Its all tone policing and trying to explain how we're doing things wrong. If you really care about your responsibility to the planet, then take a good hard long look at yourself and ask why you're saying all of this to the people actually affected by what transphobic people say. Why aren't you engaging with the transphobes at all? How does that come off to you that you're the only person who cares, when you're not actually doing anything about the problem yourself?

I've only ever seen you argue against trans people in these threads. Maybe you're doing something else in real life, but I'm not seeing what you're doing here that makes you feel that way.

I back-quote to shorten the thread count. I said all I really wanted to say, but you all have more things you want to discuss with me so I'm obliging.

As for everyone else, yes I do engage with them. I talk to everybody . And the ones stepping out of line here got banned. So now I'm talking to you all.

If you want to continue talking about this, PM me. But seriously I'm just trying to do what I think is the right thing to do based off what I see people doing.

What's the point of this? What are you implying with this? Or you're just "asking questions"?
He probably doesnt know how to look up basic medical questions

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I back-quote to shorten the thread count. I said all I really wanted to say, but you all have more things you want to discuss with me so I'm obliging.

As for everyone else, yes I do engage with them. I talk to everybody . And the ones stepping out of line here got banned. So now I'm talking to you all.

If you want to continue talking about this, PM me. But seriously I'm just trying to do what I think is the right thing to do based off what I see people doing.

What you thought was the right thing to do was pointlessly annoying people who already had to deal with transphobia by telling them it was good, actually, that they had to deal with it and they should keep dealing with it instead of having fun like everyone who doesn't have to deal with it. Please reconsider doing this in the future. If you really have to do the right thing by posting, please bother the transphobes instead and tell them how what they're doing disrupts trans people's ability to discuss literally anything else. That would actually be more productive for communication online than being bizarrely concerned that trans people somehow do not deal with enough shit offline such that they should deal with more online to prepare them.

Also, shortening the post count does not save help the planet either and even if it somehow did, you probably still shouldn't do it when someone asked you not to. It's needlessly confusing for following discussions and does not notify the person you're quoting as well.

Oct 28, 2017
What you thought was the right thing to do was pointlessly annoying people who already had to deal with transphobia by telling them it was good, actually, that they had to deal with it and they should keep dealing with it instead of having fun like everyone who doesn't have to deal with it. Please reconsider doing this in the future. If you really have to do the right thing by posting, please bother the transphobes instead and tell them how what they're doing disrupts trans people's ability to discuss literally anything else. That would actually be more productive for communication online than being bizarrely concerned that trans people somehow do not deal with enough shit offline such that they should deal with more online to prepare them.

Also, shortening the post count does not save help the planet either and even if it somehow did, you probably still shouldn't do it when someone asked you not to. It's needlessly confusing for following discussions and does not notify the person you're quoting as well.
Cool, will do.

You cause more negativity and hurt. That's what your bizarre derailings do. You hurt.

And that's why I backquote, cause I'm really not trying to derail this thread, but y'all keep insisting I'm trying to do something I'm not because we have fundamental misunderstandings of each other. I would rather they be faced and fixed rather than left to sit and fester. If anybody has anything they want to say I'll respond to your PM's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
If you havent noticed, people tend to go into threads on Resetera to just repeat the same sentiments over and over again. That's a positive feedback loop, if you're having positive feedback loops about negative things that's actually harmful for the individuals within that group. I just want people to realize that for themselves so they can make positive changes.

I just dont want you all to get hurt.

You cause more negativity and hurt. That's what your bizarre derailings do. You hurt.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Is it actually transphobic to say that there is a physical difference between post-op, surgery made genitalia and natural-born genitalia? Because I was banned for that once. Honest question.

I mean this is literally you just asking it again.

For trans women unless you're a fucking vagina whisperer you aren't going to tell the difference

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, will do.

And that's why I backquote, cause I'm really not trying to derail this thread, but y'all keep insisting I'm trying to do something I'm not because we have fundamental misunderstandings of each other. I would rather they be faced and fixed rather than left to sit and fester.

You have not really faced or fixed anything based on the criticism or questions directed at you, though?

I do not think we are misunderstanding you, we just strongly disagree with you and find your posts frustrating at best. On the other hand, I do not understand what you think of us or our responses based on what you post, so I would say it is probably accurate that you are misunderstanding us. I am not sure how that can be fixed when you came into this with the misguided and patronizing intent of saving people from themselves when they did not ask for your help.

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Repeatedly claiming moral authority over transgender issues, disingenuously playing the victim, and setting the terms for discussion surrounding marginalized groups.
You have not really faced or fixed anything based on the criticism or questions directed at you, though?

I do not think we are misunderstanding you, we just strongly disagree with you and find your posts frustrating at best. On the other hand, I do not understand what you think of us or our responses based on what you post, so I would say it is probably accurate that you are misunderstanding us. I am not sure how that can be fixed when you came into this with the misguided and patronizing intent of saving people from themselves when they did not ask for your help.

What would even be disagreeing about? You might be frustrated with me but that doesnt even me we disagree on something though.

As for being patronizing, well hey I'm a leftist. We tend to get accused that too. Sue me.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
You don't have to read much of Rowling's political tweets to see that she should keep her mouth shut.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone expecting a 52 year old to be as progressive as we are on modern issues like trans rights is looking to be disappointed. None of my relatives in that age range would last a day on this forum.

I get that she wrote the Harry Potter books but I don't see why we should care about her opinions on things. Nobody I know looks to JK Rowling when they're unsure on political issues.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's going on with Dumbledore?

Well, picture a woman who makes her work progressive post-competion, pats herself on the back for it rousingly, and then is forced to actually write in those progressive themes.

Do you A) Shut up and do it, or B) Act as if it's irrelevant and ignore it quietly

No prizes for guessing correctly.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
What would even be disagreeing about? You might be frustrated with me but that doesnt even me we disagree on something though.

As for being patronizing, well hey I'm a leftist. We tend to get accused that too. Sue me.

You finally got banned, but I still feel the need to say: several people, me included, were in extremely clear disagreement with you over all the stuff you said about people needing to deal with transphobia to prepare for the real world or whatever, as well as the stuff about safe/brave spaces, at the very least. I don't know how you missed that.

As a leftist, I also sorta doubt anyone who buys into "echo chamber" nonsense is much of a leftist, but maybe I'm wrong. Regardless, I'd argue everyone disagreeing with you here is probably pretty left too, considering they all dislike seeing transphobia.

Honestly there's so much about how you post that makes me think you were largely disingenuous rather than confused, which makes me pretty angry I spent so much time talking to you and let thinking about it bother me when I really could done without that tonight, but at the same time the nonsensical logic involved seems sincere. I guess it doesn't matter now.

EDIT:

Well, picture a woman who makes her work progressive post-competion, pats herself on the back for it rousingly, and then is forced to actually write in those progressive themes.

Do you A) Shut up and do it, or B) Act as if it's irrelevant and ignore it quietly

And to really complete that picture before you guess, you should imagine those progressive themes that were established post-completion deal with a character whose name is literally in the title of the movie.

(And of course, there's everything around their actor.)

Last edited:

MindofKB

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Anyone expecting a 52 year old to be as progressive as we are on modern issues like trans rights is looking to be disappointed.

Yeah, when dealing with certain age groups, I expect them to not understand transgender issues instead of being surprised when they don't.

I've seen far too many examples of older family members, co-workers, and acquaintances having no clue about the LGBT community as a whole.

OS_

Oct 27, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Just do what I do.

Separate art from artist. Its easier that way. Then you are able to enjoy things without having to worry about if the people involved are shitty people or not.
You can't separate art from the artist. It's easier, sure, but it's dishonest. Buying their art is putting money in their pockets and so you support them. If you don't agree with their thoughts and ideas, you shouldn't buy their art. You can't really get around it, sorry.

EasyRoad

Oct 25, 2017

I hope you're not suggesting that she did what you said on B because that's blatantly untrue.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
You can't separate art from the artist. It's easier, sure, but it's dishonest. Buying their art is putting money in their pockets and so you support them. If you don't agree with their thoughts and ideas, you shouldn't buy their art. You can't really get around it, sorry.
Sure I can.

Her views do not affect my ability to enjoy the Harry Potter franchise. It was an integral part of my childhood. So I frankly don't give a damn what she says or does. I am not suddenly gonna stand up and say "I no longer enjoy the franchise I have enjoyed for the majority of my life" and then proceed to cut myself off from the product.

Thats not gonna happen.

Does she have some pretty shitastic views? Yep.

Does that affect the quality of her work? Apparently not.

So yes for me I separate art from artist, because the artists actions do not affect my ability to appreciate or enjoy their creations in most cases. I will still disagree with them and their actions if they go against my own personal beliefs, but I am not gonna allow that to get in the way of my own personal enjoyment.

That being said there are some people that are so intimately involved in their product that it becomes impossible to separate them. Like JonTron for example. I dropped him after his incidents because he himself is apart of his product.

An author and a book series are very easily separated and therefore one is capable of enjoying the art while still disliking the artist.

EDIT: Just so I can make myself clear here I REALLY dislike her as a person because of incidents exactly like this one. I am not in ANY way excusing her actions or downplaying them. I am simply saying that they do not affect my enjoyment of a product that have enjoyed since childhood. I am not gonna let her shittiness ruin that for me.

Last edited:

Kermit

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Brisbane, Australia

It seems a tenous link, and she seems pretty progressive and tolerant so I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Her feed is a cacophony of promoting racial diversity causes, down syndrome awareness, anti-Russia themes, anti-troll, anti-data harvesting, depression awareness, and yet I am to believe she's transphonic because she liked a contextually-barren tweet a few times? Nah.

I don't think those dots connect how some people in here say they do.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I tried to tell people this a few months ago on here but some poopoo'd me and said I was putting a slant on it.

1. As far as the transphobia goes, she follows several transphobic politicians and columnists and has gone on to retweet and favorite posts that are extremely suspect to say the least
2. She's vocally against leftists in Britain and has been criticizing the Labour Party for 2 years because of their shift to anti-austerity from pro-busness; she literally copies and pastes smear campaigns out of Britain's right wing news
3.Pro-Syria bombing by the UK and criticized people for opposing it
4. Iraq War apologist
5. People asked her to join the BDS movement, she said she wasn't going to put stated she didn't like the Israeli government. Now she believes any criticism of Israel is anti-semetic.
6. Equated Corbyn to Farage
7. Called socialists fascists when the left wasn't sold on the idea of voting for Macron

She sounds like a terrible person.

Suddenly I'm ok with missing the Harry Potter craze while I was young.

EasyRoad

Oct 25, 2017
It seems a tenous link, and she seems pretty progressive and tolerant so I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Her feed is a cacophony of promoting racial diversity causes, down syndrome awareness, anti-Russia themes, anti-troll, anti-data harvesting, depression awareness, and yet I am to believe she's transphonic because she liked a contextually-barren tweet a few times? Nah.

Yeah that's how I feel as well.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

How does supporting any of that prevent her from being transphobic?

Kermit

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
She sounds like a terrible person.

Suddenly I'm ok with missing the Harry Potter craze while I was young.

Why are you people so willing to believe this stuff without proper investigation? I googled three of his assertions and they are baseless and misconstrued.

For instance, she actively said she DID NOT support the Iraq War in a tweet. Said she wanted to march against it and would have had she not been pregnant at the time. Fucking read and think for yourself, you're swallowing bullshit.

EasyRoad

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.