• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
I've watched the second part of the interview and I feel kinda pissed off because a lot of what she is trying to convey here is stuff I've been through before. I don't think it was posted here yet, so here is the link:

www.today.com

Amber Heard reflects on what went wrong: ‘I’m not a likable victim’

In an NBC exclusive, Amber Heard sits down with Savannah Guthrie to discuss her fears of further potential defamation lawsuits from her ex-husband, Johnny Depp, as she looks to move forward. “I’m scared that no matter what I do…every step I take will present another opportunity, for this sort of...

She tells that she loves him. That's a big part of what I went through. Someone that said that loved me and would corner me with friends, family and even romantic interests after it was over. My experience is that a lot of abusers do say that they love us, even when they make us feel like shit. I don't think abused victims after some time out are capable of saying that they love them, but they might even believe they do and use that "love" as a form of hurt. I'm sorry, but fuck that.

No Amber, it's not that you're an "Unlikable" Victim. It's that youre not credible, calling yourself a victim, and people don't like that.

EDIT: Oh wait, I just remembered that in her testimony she stated that she's never called herself a victim, doesn't believe herself to be a victim, and doesn't want to be called a victim.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
ABC's Good Morning America interviewed a jury member.
Video Here:
https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/...ny-depp-amber-heard-trial-speaks-1st-85432746

https://people.com/movies/juror-in-...y-didnt-believe-amber-heards-crocodile-tears/
"The crying, the facial expressions that she had, the staring at the jury — all of us were very uncomfortable…," the juror told ABC News, in a segment that aired on Good Morning America Thursday. "She would answer one question and she would be crying and then two seconds later she would turn ice cold… Some of us used the expression 'crocodile tears.' "
"A lot of the jury felt what he was saying, at the end of the day, was more believable…," said the juror. "He just seemed a little more real in terms of how he was responding to questions. His emotional state was very stable throughout…"
She goes on a talk show in the U.K. The video shows her sitting there telling the host that she gave all that money away, and the terms she used in that video clip were, 'I gave it away,' 'I donated it,' 'It's gone,' but the fact is she didn't give much of it away at all," the juror said, summing up the situation as "a fiasco" for Heard.

V3N1X

Prophet of Truth
Oct 16, 2021
Alexandria, Egypt
Video Here:
https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/...ny-depp-amber-heard-trial-speaks-1st-85432746

https://people.com/movies/juror-in-...y-didnt-believe-amber-heards-crocodile-tears/
"The crying, the facial expressions that she had, the staring at the jury — all of us were very uncomfortable…," the juror told ABC News, in a segment that aired on Good Morning America Thursday. "She would answer one question and she would be crying and then two seconds later she would turn ice cold… Some of us used the expression 'crocodile tears.' "
"A lot of the jury felt what he was saying, at the end of the day, was more believable…," said the juror. "He just seemed a little more real in terms of how he was responding to questions. His emotional state was very stable throughout…"
She goes on a talk show in the U.K. The video shows her sitting there telling the host that she gave all that money away, and the terms she used in that video clip were, 'I gave it away,' 'I donated it,' 'It's gone,' but the fact is she didn't give much of it away at all," the juror said, summing up the situation as "a fiasco" for Heard.

Thinking what any sane person would think if they watched the trial and followed the testimony/evidence.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Video Here:

And people wonder why we keep telling them to watch the fucking trial. She continued to lie and I have no idea how she thought that would work out for her in the end.

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
Video Here:

Other than the usual "mutually abusive to each other" crap that it's understandable coming from the jury, what this juror is exactly what a lot of us have been saying since the trial showed us that in fact, Amber Heard was" the aggressor", namely the abuser. The primary and flawed victim when it comes to their relationship was Johnny Depp, not Amber.

Sam Bridges

May 3, 2022
oh the new trial won't be public?

Most states don't allow cameras in the courtroom, from what I understand. A lot of people suspected that Depp chose Virginia as the venue for the trial against Heard specifically because, in that state, cameras can be allowed at a judge's discretion, and Depp wanted the whole world to witness the trial.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
And of course outlets and toxic spaces are running with the "abusive towards each other" line to discredit the juror.

A.M.R

May 17, 2020
Video Here:

They made a mistake saying it was a talk in the U.K. other than that, Amber & her team provoked & slandered the jury, it was inevitable that one of them will speak up.

but I already expect Amber PR & her's fans to call this Juror a lier since the identity is not public

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
The host in the GMA video says the juror believes he didn't hit her, so I'm thinking when juror says "they were abusive to each other," he means verbally.
There is no such thing as "mutual abuse". Depp reacting verbally to an abusive partner that constantly tried to start physical fights makes him the primary victim of their abusive relationship. I'm not saying that Depp was a saint, far from it. But it's important to remember that the expression "mutual abuse" is a fallacy:

www.blackburncenter.org

There Is No Such Thing as Mutual Abuse

Recently, the term “mutual abuse” was popularized as a result of the defamation case filed against Amber Heard by Johnny Depp. During the trial, a psychologist testified on behalf of Depp that the former couple engaged in “mutual abuse.” The problem with this testimony? There is no such thing as...

Oct 27, 2017
The host in the GMA video says the juror believes Johnny "did not hit her," so I'm thinking the quote "they were abusive to each other" references verbal abuse.
I think so too based on this section.
"They had their husband-wife arguments. They were both yelling at each other. I don't think that makes either of them right or wrong. That's what you do when you get into an argument, I guess. But to rise to the level of what she was claiming, there wasn't enough or any evidence that really supported what she was saying," he said.

Mopr3me

Banned
Jan 10, 2022
Video Here:

I don't like that interview/ video at all.. because it puts too much emphasis on their behaviour on the stand rather than the overwhelming evidence. Sure, the jurymember said the evidence was not in her favor, but that should have been emphasized more. On the behavioral side Heard supporters can claim that the jury simply didn't like her or were put off by her and feed in to the narrative that she's somehow the victim.

Jan 3, 2018
There is no such thing as "mutual abuse". Depp reacting verbally to an abusive partner that constantly tried to start physical fights makes him the primary victim of their abusive relationship. I'm not saying that Depp was a saint, far from it. But it's important to remember that the expression "mutual abuse" is a fallacy:

www.blackburncenter.org

There Is No Such Thing as Mutual Abuse

Recently, the term “mutual abuse” was popularized as a result of the defamation case filed against Amber Heard by Johnny Depp. During the trial, a psychologist testified on behalf of Depp that the former couple engaged in “mutual abuse.” The problem with this testimony? There is no such thing as...

I agree, I was only trying to clarify what the juror meant by "they were abusive to each other" because I thought you were taking it as physical abuse.

A.M.R

May 17, 2020
I don't like that interview/ video at all.. because it puts too much emphasis on their behaviour on the stand rather than the overwhelming evidence. Sure, the jurymember said the evidence was not in her favor, but that should have been emphasized more. On the behavioral side Heard supporters can claim that the jury simply didn't like her or were put off by her and feed in to the narrative that she's somehow the victim.
Yeah, most people would watch the video summary & probably won't go to the body of the article to read the full quotes, which I think are very fair & emphasize the evidence.

MathChief

Feb 2, 2020
Watching AH claiming "she still loves JD" circumstantially proves a point from the trial discussion thread:

Not giving attention to, leaving a fight, trying to de-escalate, all these things are very "abusive" to a narcissist.
So she might have to make up things to get his attention.

In a way it is similar to Trump's response to the Jan 6 hearing, "all them, not me".

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile

Freaking knew it. The whole Donate/Pledge testimony was such a devastating blow for her it was the point of no return for some of the jurors.

Also the comment that the jurors felt uncomfortable when AH was constantly looking at them during her testimonies. Pretty sure a lot of us were thinking that during the original thread.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Freaking knew it. The whole Donate/Pledge testimony was such a devastating blow for her it was the point of no return for some of the jurors.

Also the comment that the jurors felt uncomfortable when AH was constantly looking at them during her testimonies. Pretty sure a lot of us were thinking that during the original thread.

What got me scratching my head was that interview from yesterday when she said "I shouldn't have had to donate to get people to believe me". If I was her pr team, I would tell her to stop doing interviews, because she's just making herself look even worse.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Honestly, I thought we wouldn't have anything else to talk about this trial but amber's team interviews gave a absolutely justified excuse to the jury to comment about the trial and now we have one explaining the evidence presented.
Perfection Amber, perfection
Chefe kiss

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised her legal or PR team is letting her do this, she's essentially reiterating and doubling down on everything that got her sued for defamation to begin with.

I guess I don't quite understand how this all works but wouldn't her continual insistence put her in a precarious legal situation?

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised her legal or PR team is letting her do this, she's essentially reiterating and doubling down on everything that got her sued for defamation to begin with.

I guess I don't quite understand how this all works but wouldn't her continual insistence put her in a precarious legal situation?
Emily Baker says Depp could probably sue again for republication, but Heard probably thinks she's judgement-proof since she's broke anyway. The more likely route s to get a court order on the things Heard cannot say anymore or face criminal charges over.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I thought we wouldn't have anything else to talk about this trial but amber's team interviews gave a absolutely justified excuse to the jury to comment about the trial and now we have one explaining the evidence presented.
Perfection Amber, perfection
Chefe kiss
lol, yeah I was thinking we'd let this thread die until the 24th which was supposed to be the next bit of official news for it, but I guess it was too much for her to go away until then.

Gotta relitigate how humiliating and dehumanizing people's memes are. The most she's gone through, in fact. Somehow ranks above being physically and sexually assaulted on the regular...

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Amber Heard does sounds like the type of person that does not listen to their PR team, or anyone, except Amber Heard.

A.M.R

May 17, 2020

Possible,
If I have to guess, it's an idea from the PR guy, David Shane. He seems to be the cunning type. I don't think it's Elaine idea, since her side asked for the jury identity to be sealed for a year & that contradict with luring them.

Either way, it's not helping them so far.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
I would like to thank Amber Heard for taking the stand on the final day of the trial, ensuring that her rambling shambles of testimony was fresh on the minds of the jury as they went in to deliberations.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Amber Heard does sounds like the type of person that does not listen to their PR team, or anyone, except Amber Heard.

I regularly assumed many legal decisions during trial may have even been forced by Amber. Like her devastating final day on the bench, can imagine that was her wanting to get the last word in despite possibly her team not wanting it. Hard to know, but it fits.

Not to mention many of the notes she was passing to her legal team. I would venture she was possibly behind much of the dumb shit that made her lawyers look clownish. Or rather it's col A and B…

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
I regularly assumed many legal decisions during trial may have even been forced by Amber. Like her devastating final day on the bench, can imagine that was her wanting to get the last word in despite possibly her team not wanting it. Hard to know, but it fits.

Not to mention many of the notes she was passing to her legal team. I would venture she was possibly behind much of the dumb shit that made her lawyers look clownish. Or rather it's col A and B…
While I don't think Elaine is good lawyer, most lawyers I saw commenting about the trial said that most of the mistakes were made probably because the client made the decisions

Last edited:

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
While I don't think Elaine is good lawyer, most lawyers I saw commenting about the trial said that most of the mistakes were made probably because the client made the decisions

True, most lawyers I watched were giving her the benefit of the doubt but basically all of them have lost all respect for her after her media tour. No client can make you go out on TV and shit on the jury and the system.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
Aren't Crocodile tears when one is crying but it's not genuine? She didn't even muster a tear. Watching her testimony made you instantly think she was lying especially when she was blaming everyone else but never took responsibility for any of her behaviors and actions 3rd party people saw

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Is Amber Heard a good liar? I was acting silly with my wife, and I started to wonder.

I told my wife I was born a duck. She then said ducks hatch and aren't born. I was like, whatever wifey.

She then said I was as good at lying as Amber Heard. Which I retorted (half kidding?) that she lies a ton, so wouldn't that make Amber Heard good at lying?

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Jan 3, 2018
I honestly think all those notes said "scissors for hands!" in increasingly large font.

Joke all you want, but JD pretending to be Edward Scissorhands does prove he's a dishonest man. He once blatantly and openly admitted it!

WFKSW8g_d.webp

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Savannah Guthrie's Appalling Amber Heard Interview

On Wednesday, Today aired part two of an exclusive interview with actress Amber Heard—her first televised sit-down after losing an explosive defamation trial against her ex-husband, actor Johnny Depp. Among other revelations, the 36-year-old claimed that she still "loved" Depp and denied wanting to "cancel" him in her op-ed at the center of the case.
Despite winning that particular counterclaim, as well as a 2020 U.K. trial that determined Depp had abused Heard on 12 of 14 occasions, Heard has largely been painted as a liar in the public eye by Depp's legion of obsessively devoted fans on social media and his Hollywood peers since she first alleged abuse in 2016. Similarly, Guthrie appeared to be skeptical of the Aquaman star throughout their one-on-one, pressing her on recordings and other evidence presented by Team Depp while conveniently ignoring much of the recordings and other evidence offered by Heard. (The U.K. trial admitted considerably more evidence than the Virginia one, which may help explain the different outcome.)
The week prior, Guthrie disclosed that her husband, Michael Feldman, worked as an adviser for Depp's legal team during the defamation trial right before launching into an interview with Depp's attorneys Camille Vasquez and Benjamin Chew. The interview went viral on Twitter and was met with immediate backlash from users claiming a conflict of interest.

While Heard nor her representatives have yet to speak on the controversy, sources in the same article say that Heard and her team were both aware of Guthrie's connection to the case and were willing to proceed with the interview, which will conclude with an hour-long Dateline special airing on Friday.
While it's hard to imagine the thought process behind the arranging of this interview and its use in a subsequent editorial, it's possible that Heard, who has been publicly compassionate toward the jury and Depp's supporters, wanted to show the public that she could engage in a polite conversation with someone closely associated with her detractors. Still, it seems strange and extremely ill-advised that Heard's team would allow their client to undergo Guthrie's poor, unbiased questioning for her first major television appearance post-trial, given the amount of journalists presumably chomping at the bit to land an exclusive with the actress.

www.thedailybeast.com

Savannah Guthrie’s Appalling Amber Heard Interview

The “Today” co-host sat down with Heard for her first interview following her loss in ex Johnny Depp’s defamation trial against her–even though her husband consulted for Team Depp.

....???
More evidence?

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil

www.thedailybeast.com

The “Today” co-host sat down with Heard for her first interview following her loss in ex Johnny Depp’s defamation trial against her–even though her husband consulted for Team Depp.

....???
More evidence?
10/10 for the mental gymnastics necessary to creat a narrative where Amber is the victim who wanted to have a polite conversation with her detractors. Outstanding

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo

www.thedailybeast.com

....???
More evidence?

They are upset over the verdict and they know whomever reads them will not do research on their own.
This is sad.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
"Missing/suppressed evidence" versus the UK trial has been the narrative the pro-Heard cult decided to latch unto.

The fact it's patently untrue, I mean come on look at how many exhibits there was in this thing, what exactly do they think they could've shown that completely turned the tables here?

There's no silver bullet magical evidence in this thing. No amount of imaginary evidence is there to make the fact the severe assaults she testified to are not corroborated by her own evidence nor any witness testimony.

Honestly it's maddening. Like yeah let's see even more photos of a passed out Depp, or horrible texts he sent to other people venting because of her abuse... None of that will make the photo of her bruised arm be evidence of her getting punched repeatedly in the face.

Unless they're saying she had photos and medical records that show she was beat the fuck up, but that wasn't admitted (how convenient) so they had to resort to any other random photos she had on her camera roll instead... Which suggests even more insane handling of evidence.

Of course none of that exists, and the idiots need to realize that if they're gonna be more loose about rules of evidence, he has a lot of damning shit against her that would've been entered.

Mopr3me

Banned
Jan 10, 2022
Oh man... I'm watching the NBC Dateline interview now (It's in youtube, not sure if I'm allowed to share the link, just search for heard dateline, it's a TV screen recording). The full interview will be on tonight but this one has more footage than the youtube vids.

It's infuriating watching Heard spin the narrative. One of points raised by Guthrie was how none of Depp's prior relationships have claimed physical abuse by Depp. Heard's answer was: 'Look what happened to me, would you come forward'?
What a spin. She lived a perfect life after coming forward until the defamation by the Op-ed. Depp was the one who was judged by the court of public opinion, not Amber. Depp lost his career, not Amber.

Edit: Amber just used the therapist's notes argument again. NBC's team looked at some of the notes too and noted that there claims of physics abuse going all the way back to 2011. I hope people realize that the notes of the therapist are essentially minutes of a meeting and it doesn't legitimize the content of the notes if they're writting by a therapist of a construction worker for that matter. It's notes that describe something that Heard is telling, therefore hearsay.

This is outside of the fact that the timeline of abuse that she testified to in court is not the same as the timeline of abuse in those notes. The notes mention abuse in 2011. This is classic example of someone tangled in so many lines that it because difficult to keep the story straight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.