• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Amber just used the therapist's notes argument again. NBC's team looked at some of the notes too and noted that there claims of physics abuse going all the way back to 2011. I hope people realize that the notes of the therapist are essentially minutes of a meeting and it doesn't legitimize the content of the notes if they're writting by a therapist of a construction worker for that matter. It's notes that describe something that Heard is telling, therefore hearsay.
Contemporaneous report of abuse to others absolutely does bolster her argument that she didn't just make it up for the divorce.

But again, this isn't a silver bullet. Depp's lawyers had better time management, had these notes came in, they only needed an hour tops to show that Heard has a habit of claiming to be abused in instances where she's the abuser. Look what you made me do sort of shit... Leaving the fight she started is hurtful to her, etc... Or they could play the tape when he asked her if she believed she never abused him and rather than say she never did she is silent for a bit then talks about being 115lbs and have never managed to knock him off his feet.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
this is heard's version of the election being rigged and to stop the count

i am interested in the therapy notes because i figure a good therapist would note emotional lability (rapid weird emotional changes in mood) and if there are actual marks compared to whatever heard is reporting.

i am sure there are a lot of non-helpful or straight up enabling therapeutic relationships though, as someone like heard would probably go through a lineup of people until she gets one that just validates everything she says without asking her to work on herself.

Mopr3me

Banned
Jan 10, 2022
Contemporaneous report of abuse to others absolutely does bolster her argument that she didn't just make it up for the divorce.

Very good point. Is there anyway to check the authenticity of the notes? Hand written notes don't have metadata (well, carbondating, but not sure if it's applicable here).

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is Amber Heard a good liar? I was acting silly with my wife, and I started to wonder.

I told my wife I was born a duck. She then said ducks hatch and aren't born. I was like, whatever wifey.

She then said I was as good at lying as Amber Heard. Which I retorted (half kidding?) that she lies a ton, so wouldn't that make Amber Heard good at lying?

This is off topic kinda but a good lier is someone who can convince you of their deception and you're 100% convinced they are telling the truth. Someone who lies (and constantly lies) and isn't able to deceive anyone is just a bullshiter, and when pressed, they dig deeper into the lie and it flies in the face of logic/reality. You're aware that they constantly lie and what they say cannot be trusted.

So your wife is correct, you as good as Heard, which is not at all, lol.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017

But again, this isn't a silver bullet. Depp's lawyers had better time management, had these notes came in, they only needed an hour tops to show that Heard has a habit of claiming to be abused in instances where she's the abuser. Look what you made me do sort of shit... Leaving the fight she started is hurtful to her, etc... Or they could play the tape when he asked her if she believed she never abused him and rather than say she never did she is silent for a bit then talks about being 115lbs and have never managed to knock him off his feet.

The problem with notes from a therapist is that Amber Heard showed herself to be such an extreme habitual liar that it is completely conceivable that she'd be the type of person to lie to a therapist just because. Because that's how people like her are. If she had a chicken sandwich for lunch, and you asked her what kind of sandwich she had, she'd say Turkey, just because.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Hasn't Heard been noted as a previous abuser in a relationship? I could see it as her heading to the therapist to say she was being abused when she started abusing Depp. Eitherway proven compulsive liar I don't trust a single thing she told anyone. Also these notes arent under legal scrutiny so they could have come from anywhere.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Hasn't Heard been noted as a previous abuser in a relationship? I could see it as her heading to the therapist to say she was being abused when she started abusing Depp. Eitherway proven compulsive liar I don't trust a single thing she told anyone. Also these notes arent under legal scrutiny so they could have come from anywhere.
Yes the police were called because of an altercation with a prior girlfriend if I remember right. That is what started the whole accusing the lesbian police officer of being homophobic I think.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Yes the police were called because of an altercation with a prior girlfriend if I remember right. That is what started the whole accusing the lesbian police officer of being homophobic I think.
She was hitting her ex at an airport and a policewoman stopped her.
She accused the officer of homophobia... but the policewoman had a wife and donated(not pledge) money to help women victims of domestic violence.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
She was hitting her ex at an airport and a policewoman stopped her.
She accused the officer of homophobia... but the policewoman had a wife and donated(not pledge) money to help women victims of domestic violence.
Thanks I knew it was something like that. I just don't understand why people continue to ignore her past behavior as well.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Just read somewhere that Depp could sue Heard again for defamation because of what she said in this interview, but that it would (obviously) be useless since she already can't pay what she owes him. Which leads me to the question; what consequences are there for someone continuing to defame you, after they already lost a civil case, but they just can't afford the court ordered charges? (Is that the right word?) Can someone get jail time from a civil law suit?

I mean, someone can't go: 'lol, I'm poor anyway, I can say what I want', right?

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Just read somewhere that Depp could sue Heard again for defamation because of what she said in this interview, but that it would (obviously) be useless since she already can't pay what she owes him. Which leads me to the question; what consequences are there for someone continuing to defame you, after they already lost a civil case, but they just can't afford the court ordered charges? Can someone get jail time from a civil law suit?

I haven't watched it all (nor do I think I'm allowed to link it) but Emily Baker did a stream watching the interviews and discussing it a bit. If I remember right she said that Johnny can either go back to court like before, or they can file an injunction against Amber to stop her publicly repeating the defamatory statements. So I don't think she can be jailed, but if they went the injunction route and she kept breaking it then I'd guess it could carry stiffer punishment. But right now I think she's just making herself continue to look bad so maybe Johnny's team are riding it out.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

Savannah Guthrie's Appalling Amber Heard Interview

www.thedailybeast.com

Savannah Guthrie’s Appalling Amber Heard Interview

The “Today” co-host sat down with Heard for her first interview following her loss in ex Johnny Depp’s defamation trial against her–even though her husband consulted for Team Depp.

....???
More evidence?

I could have sworn that Guthrie mentioned her husband had worked with Depp's legal firm previously but on cases UNRELATED to the Depp defamation. Therefore no actual conflict of interest in regards to this trial.

Or am I misremembering?

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021

www.thedailybeast.com

The “Today” co-host sat down with Heard for her first interview following her loss in ex Johnny Depp’s defamation trial against her–even though her husband consulted for Team Depp.

....???
More evidence?
LMAO, I called it:

First part of Today's Amber Heard interview by Savannah Guthrie is up:

Watching it now.

Edit: Just finished watching, that's actually great for Depp and I cannot understand even why Heard would think this was a good idea. One thing is going through a trial for six weeks and having most of mainstream media on your side writings op-eds that painted Depp as a monster when it has become clear that he was in fact the imperfect victim of their relationship. This is the first time that mainstream media is FINALLY calling out Amber Heard on her bullshit, and for those thinking that giving her a vehicle to try sway people, I am not sure if that was successful at all.

Very good interview by Savannah Guthrie, this isn't a fluff interview piece, like we could tell by the teaser from yesterday. I fully expect Amber Heard, Eve Barlow and her camp disavowing this interview and Savannah soon enough.

I warned y'all, it's so predictable that I can't believe I got this one right so fast, literally spilled my coffee here.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Just read somewhere that Depp could sue Heard again for defamation because of what she said in this interview, but that it would (obviously) be useless since she already can't pay what she owes him. Which leads me to the question; what consequences are there for someone continuing to defame you, after they already lost a civil case, but they just can't afford the court ordered charges? (Is that the right word?) Can someone get jail time from a civil law suit?

I mean, someone can't go: 'lol, I'm poor anyway, I can say what I want', right?
It's the strategy of a deeply delusional person.
She must be thinking they'll win the appeal. Which is impossible since the trial was run pretty fairly. If anything the judge was very lenient with her council...
So, even if she somehow paid the bond required for the appeal, no way she wins that.

What it's doing is that it's definitely hurting their negotiations at the moment. Like if Depp was willing to abandon collecting his reward if she drops her appeal and both actually move on, pulling this shit in the media will not be dealt with too kindly by his lawyers.

Just a losing strategy. Inexplicable as ever, Amber...

I could have sworn that Guthrie mentioned her husband had worked with Depp's legal firm previously but on cases UNRELATED to the Depp defamation. Therefore no actual conflict of interest in regards to this trial.

Or am I misremembering?
She said "not in connection with this interview" which I don't understand what that means tbh.
I'm sure they could've asked for someone else to interview her, but they probably WANT this sort of narrative out there.

A.M.R

May 17, 2020
Screenshot-20220617-083505-Twitter.jpg

It's the same dynamic again, she will provoke him & then shame him for deescalating!

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
He's already done this.

At trial.

And won, despite the odds being massively stacked against him.

Surely what she's doing here is grounds for further legal action?

Emily Baker spent some time discussing that and does feel at the least his legal team could either push for further defamation and republication, meaning she would potentially pay more(which Heard might feel, whatever... given she is already in so much debt what value is adding on more she can't pay?)

But she argues they could go for charges instead that could be criminal in nature(forget what grounds she stated), which could be more influential for her to stfu.

She also infers Depp's team could also just ignore it all given it seemingly isn't moving the needle to anyone outside of those putting their heads in the sand and ignoring facts and evidence throughout the trial anyway.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019

www.thedailybeast.com

....???
More evidence?

This part was bizarre:

Still, it seems strange and extremely ill-advised that Heard's team would allow their client to undergo Guthrie's poor, unbiased questioning for her first major television appearance post-trial, given the amount of journalists presumably chomping at the bit to land an exclusive with the actress.

The writer is describing the interview as "unbiased" as a… bad thing? And then implying that plenty of other journalists would have been happy to give her a biased interview in her favor, and that's good? This is very confusing.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This part was bizarre:

The writer is describing the interview as "unbiased" as a… bad thing? And then implying that plenty of other journalists would have been happy to give her a biased interview in her favor, and that's good? This is very confusing.
Don't expect any actual sense from an place that allows their journalists to report with misinformation like "a 2020 U.K. trial that determined Depp had abused Heard on 12 of 14 occasions".

Emily Baker spent some time discussing that and does feel at the least his legal team could either push for further defamation and republication, meaning she would potentially pay more(which Heard might feel, whatever... given she is already in so much debt what value is adding on more she can't pay?)

But she argues they could go for charges instead that could be criminal in nature(forget what grounds she stated), which could be more influential for her to stfu.

She infers Depp's team could also just ignore it all given she feels it isn't moving the needle at all outside of those putting their heads in the sand throughout the trial anyway.

Thanks for the info.

She'll eventually go away, but Depp's already had to suffer years of her abuse. He won, he should be getting some peace. Hopefully he's not letting this get to him.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

www.thedailybeast.com

....???
More evidence?

How is there still such a lack of understanding/wilful misrepresentation in the media that Heard didn't win shit in the UK trial because she wasn't the defendant, never mind that much of why the judge found her to be a trustworthy witness has since been discredited? I mean you could still spin the UK trial as a a symbolic victory for her but fucking hell, the daily beast don't appear to have learned a thing from this. I'd send them a complaint but I guess it would have to he from an American for it to be looked at. I'll read articles from them in the future with a healthy skepticism, that's for sure.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
How is there still such a lack of understanding/wilful misrepresentation in the media that Heard didn't win shit in the UK trial because she wasn't the defendant. I mean you could still spin it as a a symbolic victory but fucking hell, the daily beast don't appear to have learned a thing from this. I'd send them a complaint but I guess it would have to he from an American for it to be looked at.
I sent a complaint ab out that exact misinformation. I doubt it'll do anything.

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
In a 20-minute preview of the interview, which was released on Peacock on Thursday, Depp's legal team responded to Heard's interview and accused her of dwelling on the legal battle while Depp was moving on.

"It's unfortunate that while Johnny is looking to move forward with his life, the defendant and her team are back to repeating, reimagining, and re-litigating matters that have already been decided by the court and a verdict that was unequivocally decided by a jury in Johnny's favor," Depp's legal team told "Dateline," the New York Post reported.

The Depp team's statement did not specify what part of Heard's interview they were referring to.

Heard's legal team told Insider in an email: "If Mr. Depp or his team have a problem with this, we recommend that Johnny himself sit down with Savannah Gutherie for an hour and answer all her questions."

The preview clip also showed Heard discussing additional evidence that she said should have been included in the trial and would have bolstered her case, the Post reported.

"There's a binder worth of years of notes dating back to 2011 from the very beginning of my relationship that were taken by my doctor, who I was reporting the abuse to," Heard said in the preview clip, per the Post.

The judge had rejected the binder from Heard's legal team during the trial due to "hearsay," the Post reported.

www.insider.com

Johnny Depp's lawyers blast Amber Heard's 'Today' interview and say she's 'reimagining' the trial while he's trying to move on

NBC's "Today" aired Amber Heard's first interview since her bitter defamation trial against her ex-husband, Johnny Depp.

Well it was rejected because it is indeed hearsay, and the same could be said for the audios of her admitting to cut the tip of his finger off. If these notes are written instead of a digital document, they could be easily fabricated, hence why of course that it wouldn't be admitted. If anything, the evidence that Depp has that wasn't admitted it's actually more damning to Heard than a notebook. What's more, I watched the fucking trial and these notes were referred by her doctor with his video deposition.

She is truly trying to keep litigating this outside of court, and I think it's beyond time for the audios that put beyond reasonable doubt that Amber Heard was the abuser of their relationship. Depp needs to focus on getting back in Hollywood shape and live his life, but I wouldn't be mad with an interview bringing the fucking receipts.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Watched the whole online interview and Guthrie did at least prod back alluding to a lot of what the jury(and we) found damning against Heard in the trial, but it really is astonishing just how much SHE COULD have refuted damn near everything Heard stated in that interview purely born from evidence and testimony in that trial.

Arguably Guthrie did a decent job at least not giving her total free reign to spread misinfo, but she really could have pushed back against Heard's bullshit harder. It's a difficult balancing act to not come across too hostile or biased, but I was screaming "objection!" myself at every Heard answer throughout that 2-parter.

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
I was trying to give Heard the benefit of the doubt thinking that it could be actual contemporaneous notes from a digital file or something that could easily prove that these date back to 2011 but then I did some search and yeah, it's a fucking notebook:

XP9FdoV.jpg

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
As someone who had to live in a DV household with an abusive father towards my mom for nearly all my life I know full well how an abuser talks and acts, and Amber Heard telling Depp that no one would believe him is the exact same shit my dad pulled, even going as far to say we (the kids) would side with him in court.

Anyone that defended her from the start and especially now is a joke.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Still can't get over her holding onto the $7m for well over an entire year between the receipt of the divorce settlement and being sued. Admitting to have given it away already long before Depp sent papers. Like that is a massive enough gap that begs lots of questions, and her only answer "I couldn't donate the money, I was being sued!" just holds zero water.

Add the damning ACLU testimony regarding the nature of the op-ed, timing, re-edits, etc... its just appalling how poorly it all came across for Heard. Hard not to see this as a giant ego-driven desire to cash out of a rotten relationship, while taking advantage of a societal movement to ensure her victim couldn't fight truth to power. Everything lines up, including the needless restraining order(as he leaves town to EU for months), the bullshit TMZ calls regarding the divorce and "abuse" photo op. She wanted this to be messy in her favor by account of a steep public advantage.

Really don't think she anticipated or expected Johhny the introvert to fight back to the level he did. Hence the house of cards we watched unfold for six weeks.

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
Still can't get over her holding onto the $7m for well over an entire year between the receipt of the divorce settlement and being sued. Admitting to have given it away already long before Depp sent papers. Like that is a massive enough gap that begs lots of questions, and her only answer "I couldn't donate the money, I was being sued!" just holds zero water.

Add the damning ACLU testimony regarding the nature of the op-ed, timing, re-edits, etc... its just appalling how poorly it all came across for Heard. Hard not to see this as a giant ego-driven desire to cash out of a rotten relationship, while taking advantage of a societal movement to ensure her victim couldn't fight truth to power. Everything lines up, including the needless restraining order(as he leaves town to EU for months), the bullshit TMZ calls regarding the divorce and "abuse" photo op. She wanted this to be messy in her favor by account of a steep public advantage.

Really don't think she anticipated or expected Johhny the introvert to fight back to the level he did. Hence the house of cards we saw for six weeks.
She is the abuser and thought she could get away with this. In fact I do think in a sick way, all of this happened not for money precisely, or at least that's not the reasoning she had in mind. Heard did date Musk after Depp after all. It was her own sick way of 'love'.

He decided that they should divorce, so she kept trying to fuck him over into submission. I honestly don't think she sees herself as an abuser, neither she understands how she ruined his life. She feels entitled to all this shit because in her head, she loves him and he didn't want to keep "trying to figure it out", like she would say to him when he escaped from her from bedroom to bedroom. It's not a coincidence that the same year she wrote an op-ed, there are message texts by her to their former agent saying that she tried to reach out to him and wish him a happy birthday. All this entitlement out of a sick relationship is incredibly familiar and textbook abuser tactics. I seriously believe she hopes to get back with him one day, and that's not what an abused victim feels.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
That's a bold strategy Cotton, lets see if it pays off.

I mean, even if everything she said was true, she also said he is an actor who made people believe his fingers were ✂️
He can definitely do a better interview than her.

I hope he ignores her and moves on with his life as if she doesn't exist. There's nothing more for him to gain by engaging with her ever again.

Oct 27, 2017

He's probably insightful enough to realize that he shouldn't open himself up for a defamation lawsuit. I don't expect to ever see him give an interview on this subject, he seemed keen to just move on from the divorce to begin with and it wasn't until the op-ed cost him his career that he had to step in.

His testimony spoke for itself, not really sure there's anything that needs to be added.

By the way, that "challenge" for him to sit down and answer questions with Savannah is still some mental and emotional abuse tactics, even if it's coming through her PR team. Couple that with the "I still love him" shit and she's still trying to fuck with the victim. Fucking disgusting.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
She is the abuser and thought she could get away with this. In fact I do think in a sick way, all of this happened not for money precisely, or at least that's not the reasoning she had in mind. Heard did date Musk after Depp after all. It was her own sick way of 'love'.

He decided that they should divorce, so she kept trying to fuck him over into submission. I honestly don't think she sees herself as an abuser, neither she understands how she ruined his life. She feels entitled to all this shit because in her head, she loves him and he didn't want to keep "trying to figure it out", like she would say to him when he escaped from her from bedroom to bedroom. It's not a coincidence that the same year she wrote an op-ed, there are message texts by her to their former agent saying that she tried to reach out to him and wish him a birthday. All this entitlement out of a sick relationship is incredibly familiar and textbook abuser tactics. I seriously believe she hopes to get back with him one day, and that's not what an abused victim feels.

Very true. Her surprise visit to JD in that hotel AFTER HER OWN restraining order, complete with audio of him asking her to leave and making clear that its over, calling her out on her bullshit irrational behavior. Just manifests it all.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
If Johnny truly wanted to move past this, like he said he does, he would ignore all her bullshit and move on. He and his team did their job.

She can't hurt him anymore. The world does not believe her lies.

Sam Bridges

May 3, 2022
If she would still love him she would let him enjoy his closure and not continue to defame him.

You can hurt the people you love. Sometimes the ones you love are the ones you end up hurting the most.

Not excusing anything she's done, just saying her statements aren't really incongruous with her actions. It's very possible that she does love him, and never stopped loving him, while doing all the things she did. I've been through that myself.

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
Very true. Her surprise visit to JD in that hotel AFTER HER OWN restraining order, complete with audio of him asking her to leave and making clear that its over, calling her out on her bullshit irrational behavior. Just manifests it all.
Reminder that she almost succeeded in making him giving up with the divorce or to divorce and just keep seeing each other. An abused victim can't possibly love their abuser after all this time, in fact I dare to say that no abused victim would endure this six weeks very public trial, get outed as an abuser to the whole world to see and then go to a tv studio to claim dramatically they are still in love with their abuser. Once you are aware that you've been abused, you just don't say shit like that. Abusers do this, and they truly think that in their own sick way, they are victims because the abused victim didn't stay. That's what she is doing now, that's her 'telling the world' that she still loves him, and in her own sick understanding of love, that's bigger than the hell she put him through and she thinks he should understand. Tough luck.

A.M.R

May 17, 2020
What boggles my mind that they brought JD's therapist to testify, but didn't bring her therapist from 2012. If they did, they probably could have introduced those notes easily, at least being read or referenced in court ! There's something more going on, I think.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
What boggles my mind that they brought JD's therapist to testify, but didn't bring her therapist from 2012. If they did, they probably could have introduced those notes easily, at least being read or referenced in court ! There's something more going on, I think.
I wonder if it was even an option, or if her therapist was willing to testify in the US trial or could have been compulsed in a non-criminal trial if they weren't willing.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
This is 100% bait. Best thing is for Depp to just let his lawyers handle her from now on and try to forget he ever knew her. It's like she's begging for a reaction.
This is just indicative of everything we heard out of the audio clips during the trial and Depp's own testimony where when an argument would start, his reaction is to de-escalate or just leave the argument and she can't stand that, she *wants* the argument, she *wants* the drama, because she has to be the center of attention and when he denied her that by just trying to leave or hide, she couldn't stand it.

Like when she mocked him for not being a "real man" because he wouldn't fight with her, and she frantically had a fit because he wouldn't have a "normal argument" with her and instead just wanted to leave.

Or when she's giving her testimony on the stand, and she's fake tearing up and getting dramatic and acting like she's barely surviving but then when she gets cross examined, she turns into an unnecessarily combative and easily angered opponent who relishes the opportunities to be argumentative over every little thing and refuses to give an actual answer to any question.

This is just more of that.

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
Get an injunction against her. She will absolutely be found in contempt of court because she can't help herself. Put her in jail.

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
Nah, leave her to do her thing. She'll make waves for a while longer before slowly fading into irrelevance. Until that point, she's doing a good job of making a fool of herself.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Get an injunction against her. She will absolutely be found in contempt of court because she can't help herself. Put her in jail.

I bet she'll then start going on about free speech, how Johnny is silencing her from speaking up. The PR team would love being able to twist that one. So they should just let her keep digging the hole further I reckon, the interview didn't exactly do her any favours.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I sent a complaint ab out that exact misinformation. I doubt it'll do anything.

Just made one too, fuck it. I doubt it will do much either but who knows, they could still decide keep the general crappy gist of the article and correct something factually wrong, stranger things have happened.

Oct 26, 2017
JD would be better off just ignoring all of this, it's his attention that AH is really looking for. He should move on with his life, he has been redeemed by the trial.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
At this point, she's making a fool of herself. She lost because no one believed her. As much as she'd like to push the narrative that we are all under Depp's spell, it simply does not wash.

Her career is done. The Heard brand is completely toxic, and it's not as if her acting is great enough to force everyone to hold their nose. She was never anything more than eye candy, and in the super-sexist world of Hollywood, a 36-year-old woman with little acting talent can ill afford extra baggage. She'll probably try to reinvent herself as an activist, but that will be an uphill struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.