• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't only one of the two Kira DLC, while the other was base? I can't remember... Or maybe he was preorder bonus? I remember that the idea at the time that Kira would be playable in a fighting game was so mind blowing that no one thought about complaining.
Of course, then, we played the game...

I can understand Trish not being in ASB. She's a difficult character to realize in the systems of such games. In the PS2 game, she was just a ghost puncher, with no special powers or moves...
Other missing female characters: Yukako and Mariah (added in EOH) and Midler (I can't imagine Capcom would own her design... but they probably own her move set and animations). BUT, it had Jolyne and HERMES, so it wasn't all bad. HERMES!!!

Abbachio would have been an interesting way of copying the stand system of Capcom's part 3 game, where you control your character and the stand separately to sandwich the opponent... I don't know. A Pesci/Prociutto team (similar to Hol Horse/Guile) would have been fantastic.
I would have loved FF.... but the first design, not the girl design. That would have been fun.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I think you should, if you can! It's a bad fighting game, but a good Jojo fan disk!
I need a whole psn card to buy it so i'm always too lazy to do so... that game is never on sale >_>

How hard is it to pull off GER there? The casting time is so long it seems a bit shitty lol

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't only one of the two Kira DLC, while the other was base? I can't remember... Or maybe he was preorder bonus? I remember that the idea at the time that Kira would be playable in a fighting game was so mind blowing that no one thought about complaining.
I recall Kira was a pre-order bonus if you ordered the physical version from Namco's site, then Shigechi being an Amazon pre-order bonus, but then were made available for purchase later in the US. EU, you got both for pre-ordering from anywhere. But you're correct. Kira was DLC, while Kowasu was in the base game, though they have different attacks to set them apart (Kira has Sheer Heart Attack while Kowasu has Bites the Dust).

Both were included from the get-go in Eyes of Heaven.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I recall Kira was a pre-order bonus if you ordered the physical version from Namco's site, then Shigechi being an Amazon pre-order bonus, but then were made available for purchase later in the US. EU, you got both for pre-ordering from anywhere. But you're correct. Kira was DLC, while Kowasu was in the base game, though they have different attacks to set them apart (Kira has Sheer Heart Attack while Kowasu has Bites the Dust).

Both were included from the get-go in Eyes of Heaven.

Eyes of Heaven had every character from ASB including the DLC characters plus Speedwagon, Stroheim, Mariah, N'Doul, Pet Shop, Yukako, Trish, Weather Report, both Diegos (bringing the Dio total to five) and Joshu.

But no Baoh, so 0/10 nothing but trash.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Eyes of Heaven had every character from ASB including the DLC characters plus Speedwagon, Stroheim, Mariah, N'Doul, Pet Shop, Yukako, Trish, Weather Report, both Diegos (bringing the Dio total to five) and Joshu.

But no Baoh, so 0/10 nothing but trash.
Did we really need second diego over sandman and hot pants tho?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna get this pet peeve off of my chest. I hate it when Stands have more than one ability. It ruins the whole concept of a Stand to me. It's especially if that secondary ability is unrelated to the first. I'm talking about Tsurugi. What the hell does folding objects and giving that object the properties of the thing they were folded to have to do with making other things look like people? Why does he have that second ability? It bothers me every time I think about it. Something like King Crimson's Epitaph ability is more acceptable to me because it's supplementary to its primary ability. Skipping time wouldn't be as useful without his ability to see what's coming. I also give Love Train a pass. Paper Moon King just irks me though.

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna get this pet peeve off of my chest. I hate it when Stands have more than one ability. It ruins the whole concept of a Stand to me. It's especially if that secondary ability is unrelated to the first. I'm talking about Tsurugi. What the hell does folding objects and giving that object the properties of the thing they were folded to have to do with making other things look like people? Why does he have that second ability? It bothers me every time I think about it. Something like King Crimson's Epitaph ability is more acceptable to me because it's supplementary to its primary ability. Skipping time wouldn't be as useful without his ability to see what's coming. I also give Love Train a pass. Paper Moon King just irks me though.
If you get a stand with a "gives life" ability it also comes with another "do crazy bullshit" ability. It's Giorno's Rule

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Kira kinda as well with BitesaDusto

Kira I forgive because Bites the Dust was gained through very special means. I even forgive GER for the same reason. It's not like Paper Moon King where it's like "oh btw I just happen to do this too."

LMAO poor Ghiacchio

Honestly, the sweet spot between vagueness and bullshit was crazy diamond, if you don't really know what it does and only put one or two limitations, it's never bullshit!

It's only op therefore conveniently cast away when a fught needs stakes D:

Yeah Crazy Diamond is the perfect fucking Stand. Nothing it did made me ask what was happening or how it could even do that. It was simply cool. Soft & Wet too kinda except it confuses me way more.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kira I forgive because Bites the Dust was gained through very special means. I even forgive GER for the same reason. It's not like Paper Moon King where it's like "oh btw I just happen to do this too."
Bites the Dust is fine, but Sheer Heart Attack is peak "I have two stands, fuck you".

Yeah Crazy Diamond is the perfect fucking Stand. Nothing it did made me ask what was happening or how it could even do that. It was simply cool. Soft & Wet too kinda except it confuses me way more.
Soft&Wet is far too freeform. It's like Gold Experience plus the rotation of part 7. "By the way, I can also steal that. Yes". I feel like everything he does is a "gotcha! You didn't see that coming, did you?" moment, to which my reaction is "no... because why would I?".
At least S&W started by stealing something as dumb as "friction", so it laid down its own lack of rule fair and square.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

I think Crazy D's secret is making it so broken on the go you don't question... Gold Experience is a bit better utility wise but when you do a stand that can do as much but with concrete stuff like plants and animals you just realize it's bullshit... Crazy D is simple: it fix. It has some inconsistencies but since the stand is so vague they'll feel like nitpicking ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Idk i think the moment araki tries to put some limitations on stuff they go bad cause he just... forgets them, thou in GEs case he fucked up from the get go giving: life giving, damage reflection, life giving punches. He could get away just making vines, animals and maybe body parts later =_= people would still complain cause any solution would stull be "btw i can do that" but at least you wouldn't switch rules and limitations from week to week lol

I liked the idea of punching stuff with ge being useless cause it gives life but that wouldn't work in shonen jump i guess

Sep 7, 2018
I finished part 3 a while ago and I'm still confused on how Jojo won.
He punched The World's leg and at first it looked like Plat's hand was going to crack and then The World's leg did. It was just weird. He just won by punching his leg? That seemed very anticlimatic.

With Part 3 I was wondering how they would up the scale since the season 2 villain was so powerful that he had to be sent to space to die and since Part 3 is titled Stardust Crusaders I figured we were going into outer space, but this was fine.

Part 4 I started and I'm so so on so far.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
He punched The World's leg and at first it looked like Plat's hand was going to crack and then The World's leg did. It was just weird. He just won by punching his leg? That seemed very anticlimatic.

With Part 3 I was wondering how they would up the scale since the season 2 villain was so powerful that he had to be sent to space to die and since Part 3 is titled Stardust Crusaders I figured we were going into outer space, but this was fine.

Jotaro wins by punchig harder a lot of the time... thats my problem with star platinum and his whole saga tbh xD you gotta appreciate the rest of the fight and not the final moments =\

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Technically DIO's leg had already been damage and Jotaro/SP hit it in a weak spot that hadn't fulled healed, which destroyed The World and therefore destroyed DIO's body.

Or at least that's how I always saw it.

Oct 25, 2017

Part 4 is better than Part 3, just give it time.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017

Part 3 has the worst ending of the franchise by far. It's full of absurdly stupid decisions by Dio and Araki clearly started making shit up on the spot to make Jotaro win.

Star Platinum stoping time just because, the fucking flying scene and ending the fight with a punch in the leg are just too much even for Jojo bizarre standards.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would he kick him with an injured leg though? It's weird.
Because he is so confident in his healing ability and wanted to showcase it. That's DIO.
Also, instead of finishing on "punch hitting punch and one punch punching harder", it's visually more interesting in term of poses to have "punch hitting kick", which is probably the more important aspect in Araki's eyes.

Anger leads to power in any shônen post-DBZ, which is quite a toxic concept to foster in young men. What made Jôtarô so unique is his anger remains contained. It makes him far more scary than your average protagonist shouting for 10 minutes, and is probably one of the reasons for his enduring popularity.
Also, I personally don't care about Jôtarô, but "Why did you lose? Because you made the mistake of making me angry" (and that's why I stopped time and made you explode in one punch and then burned your bones) is one of the most memorable Jojo things ever.

Sep 7, 2018
Part 3 has the worst ending of the franchise by far. It's full of absurdly stupid decisions by Dio and Araki clearly started making shit up on the spot to make Jotaro win.

Star Platinum stoping time just because, the fucking flying scene and ending the fight with a punch in the leg are just too much even for Jojo bizarre standards.
I thought it foreshadowed it as soon as Dio said they're stands are very similar.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it foreshadowed it as soon as Dio said they're stands are very similar.

Yeah that's how I saw it. Star Platinum has always had the ability to stop time. Jotaro just didn't know and hadn't developed it yet. His fight against Dio pushed him hard enough to unlock it. I also just tell myself that Jotaro simply punched Dio really, really hard. It has nothing to do with Dio's injured leg. He just punched him very hard. This explanation satisfies me.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah that's how I saw it. Star Platinum has always had the ability to stop time. Jotaro just didn't know and hadn't developed it yet. His fight against Dio pushed him hard enough to unlock it. I also just tell myself that Jotaro simply punched Dio really, really hard. It has nothing to do with Dio's injured leg. He just punched him very hard. This explanation satisfies me.
Ilike to believe Jotaro kinda knew what his stand did but could only stop for 0.5 secons
This alleviates half of star plat bullshit cause you can explain it with time shenanigans

Jojo is a constant exercise on making headcanons

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
caring about consistency in JoJo is a waste of time because Araki sure as hell doesn't, he just wants to be entertaining and interesting, plotholes be damned

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
The way that DIO dies is kinda lame and I think star platinum's time stop should've been foreshadowed more to seem less bullshit, but tbh I find (almost) everything from vanilla ice to the end of stardust crusaders to be some of the most intense and hypest moments of all of jojo. It's definitely the best part of part 3 imo. Maybe not my favourite ending (idk what is tbh) but I genuinely like the ending (for the most part).

I was thinking of the end of part 5 recently and then started thinking of Polnareff. Like, I like Polnareff but I wouldn't consider him one of my favourite characters. But I honestly feel so bad over how he comes back only to die and have his soul placed into a turtle. I wonder how real big Polnareff fans feel about this. I know if one of my fave characters (josuke for example) came back only to become a turtle I'd be super upset. Like I love lots of characters who die, but I feel like that's pretty different than what happens with Polnareff.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
The way that DIO dies is kinda lame and I think star platinum's time stop should've been foreshadowed more to seem less bullshit, but tbh I find (almost) everything from vanilla ice to the end of stardust crusaders to be some of the most intense and hypest moments of all of jojo. It's definitely the best part of part 3 imo. Maybe not my favourite ending (idk what is tbh) but I genuinely like the ending (for the most part).

I was thinking of the end of part 5 recently and then started thinking of Polnareff. Like, I like Polnareff but I wouldn't consider him one of my favourite characters. But I honestly feel so bad over how he comes back only to die and have his soul placed into a turtle. I wonder how real big Polnareff fans feel about this. I know if one of my fave characters (josuke for example) came back only to become a turtle I'd be super upset. Like I love lots of characters who die, but I feel like that's pretty different than what happens with Polnareff.
Polnaleff gets to outlive half of the cast and can still help them through spirit turtle shenanigans tho... I like the idea that he might be heling giorno and mista with new passione, like PHF does, and, like, he can still meet jotaro if he wishes cause god damn the Don owes him for the help ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i think he could have gotten way worse than that... like idk, being crashed into bars for dramatic effect like narancia, or simply dying twoce like avdol... I mean I'm not polnallef's fan so i'd also like their opinion on that, but I try to be optimistic about his end, if you just ignore that the turtle will outlive even his current partners and making him have a lonely lonely death after everyone's gone...

Him dying isn't sad... him spending 15 years on a wheelchair, isolated from the world, with no news whatsoever from jotaro or joseph... that's fucking sad. Turtle Polnaleff isn't alone, at least

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

As a Joseph fan it was frustrating having him lose to D'arby in what is basically his element, only to have his cardboard of a grandson win. Aside from that I like to believe he lived through Pucci as well because he has earned the mantle of most bullshit survival skills in the series. (I'm only kidding about some of that but Joseph being able to live through so much is pretty amazing tbh.)

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
Him dying isn't sad... him spending 15 years on a wheelchair, isolated from the world, with no news whatsoever from jotaro or joseph... that's fucking sad. Turtle Polnaleff isn't alone, at least
Wow 15 years? I totally forgot about that. That is really sad. And for your other points, yeah I guess he does get to continue living, and he can at least still communicate with other people and isn't gone for good. So that's good. I think what I was thinking of though was just how exciting it would be to see a fave character again only for a whole bunch of bad things to happen to them. I'd be so sad over that. Although, I feel like that's just jojo in general lol. Lots of great characters having bad things happen to them.
As a Joseph fan it was frustrating having him lose to D'arby in what is basically his element, only to have his cardboard of a grandson win. Aside from that I like to believe he lived through Pucci as well because he has earned the mantle of most bullshit survival skills in the series. (I'm only kidding about some of that but Joseph being able to live through so much is pretty amazing tbh.)
oh tbh that is pretty bothersome, it would've been nice for Joseph to get that win, because yeah that is his element. I actually found myself pretty annoyed too how Kakyoin got captured vs d'arby the gamer, only for Jotaro to have to save him. It would've been nice to see Jotaro in more danger and needing other people to save him. Although I did like at the end of that fight how it was really Joseph who was controlling the game.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also, it's kind of annoying how Joseph got a super lame stand. Yeah the new generation needs to be more of a focus than the last, but you can make him have a power that's not totally useless if you're going to take away his quick thinking that he used to have.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Joseph got so nerfed he can't even predict people's lines... that was a thing that pissed me off so much in SDC...

His stand is so useless compared to the rest and he didnt get the hamon de-aging thing either...

Oct 25, 2017
Tsurugi Joubin, joubins mom and Joubin's wife 100% villians.

Then again... Yasuho's ex is MEGA suss with the diovolo vibes

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
D3OAwtgV4AAxmc-.jpg:large

So from the preview image for the episode, I never really realized how similar in terms of looks Spice Girl is to King Crimson with the squares/diamonds on the body.