• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Setting Notorious BIG/Spice Girl at night or close to night kinda makes a plot hole. The events Notorious Big and Spice Girl couldn't have been that long before the Metallica Fight so it's safe to assume that fight in the anime will take place at night. It makes no sense for kids to be playing football at night (unless they make the Metallica fight happen to day which means the group spend 6 hours doing nothing). The second plot hole is that Green Day/Oasis takes place at night. The trip from Sardegna and Rome is likely not 8-11 hours.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Setting Notorious BIG/Spice Girl at night or close to night kinda makes a plot hole. The events Notorious Big and Spice Girl couldn't have been that long before the Metallica Fight so it's safe to assume that fight in the anime will take place at night. It makes no sense for kids to be playing football at night (unless they make the Metallica fight happen to day which means the group spend 6 hours doing nothing). The second plot hole is that Green Day/Oasis takes place at night. The trip from Sardegna and Rome is likely not 8-11 hours.
I think metallica will happen at sunset so abbacchio dies as the sun isn't there anymore, then you make the next chunk oasis+green day and the finale just fine... you got 6 hours where they were all asleep to spend in the final fight so it's not that bad, and metallica fight could have started a bit before they land...

Edit: according to google that trip from sardinia to rome is 12 hours by car and 6 hours by ferry,lol im too sleepy to do the maths now x-x

Somehow i thought it would be way less

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I think metallica will happen at sunset so abbacchio dies as the sun isn't there anymore, then you make the next chunk oasis+green day and the finale just fine... you got 6 hours where they were all asleep to spend in the final fight so it's not that bad, and metallica fight could have started a bit before they land...

Edit: according to google that trip from sardinia to rome is 12 hours by car lol 6 hours by ferry, im too sleepy to do the maths now x-x
Actually yeah having the fight take place in Sunset works fine. Especially since both fights take place right after

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Actually yeah having the fight take place in Sunset works fine. Especially since both fights take place right after
It's such a small interval from gd+o till the finale i kinda like the idea of having Abbachio dying just as the sun fully sets...If they use an 6-8 travel time i think the timeline can make sense, though im not sure when the sun rises/sets there

...And now to calculate how much more ill cry about that cause the manga had me depressed already but the VAs + time of the day combo gonna really sell this one :/

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Metallica happens so little time after BIG?
After BIG, they need to land their para-glider, reach the coast, walk around Sardinia (it's quite a big island), find the spot where Abacchio will feel the best memory of Trish's mom, and then rewind Moody Blues 15 years, which takes quite a while. All this can take half a day.

Also, I'm not sure about one of the aspects of Metallica, reflecting light to makes Risotto invisible. It should be day light for it to make sense, right? Because reflecting light at night (for a guy all dressed in black) doesn't seem particularly useful...

(Metallica is a fantastic battle, but there's no element of its power that makes a lick of sense).

Oct 25, 2017
If i remember, joseph was older in part 3 than lisa was in part 2

Straits was a hamon boi but he still wanted to become a vampire to fight off old age

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think Metallica happens so little time after BIG?
After BIG, they need to land their para-glider, reach the coast, walk around Sardinia (it's quite a big island), find the spot where Abacchio will feel the best memory of Trish's mom, and then rewind Moody Blues 15 years, which takes quite a while. All this can take half a day.

Also, I'm not sure about one of the aspects of Metallica, reflecting light to makes Risotto invisible. It should be day light for it to make sense, right? Because reflecting light at night (for a guy all dressed in black) doesn't seem particularly useful...

(Metallica is a fantastic battle, but there's no element of its power that makes a lick of sense).
They could be just increasing the saga timeline by a day, god knows how these kids need time to fuckin breathe.

If i remember, joseph was older in part 3 than lisa was in part 2

Straits was a hamon boi but he still wanted to become a vampire to fight off old age
This makes Lisa Lisa more badass since she got to her 50s looking like 20 and had no worries of aging lol

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh yeah I always thought Sex Pistols avoided the "you hurt Stand you hurt me rule" but not in the B.I.G. fight. I think this is the only time Mista is hurt when his bullets are hurt?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
So uh, regrading the new chapter of Jojolion. I am almost certain that doctor is actually gonna be Rock Human Joseph, and may or may not be the main villain. Dunno how I feel about Bad Guy Joseph, but he IS the only part 4 character besides Jotaro that hasn't shown up yet.

Sep 7, 2018
A couple of things I didn't like about Part 3 aside from no breaks from the battles was
the black guy died first twice. I really wish Abdol didn't go out like that in Dio's manor. Also, they brought back Kakyo or however you spell it just for him to lose, but his race was cool. I wonder if there are any video games like that. I also wonder if Polmereff ended up with that Egyptian woman. That part with Jotaro stopping his heart was intense as fuck though.

With part 4 I don't know. I'm sort of over the high school thing. I could ignore it with Part 3 because they were in high school for like 2 seconds, but this looks like this season is mostly going to be in this town and I'm just tired of the high schooler trope. At least a couple of these characters actually look like teenagers.

Sep 7, 2018
Joseph got so nerfed he can't even predict people's lines... that was a thing that pissed me off so much in SDC...

His stand is so useless compared to the rest and he didnt get the harmon de-aging thing either...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Lisa Lisa looked young because she had high concentration of Harmone, but I guess the writer just forgot about that with Joseph and yeah I was dissapointed that Joseph used the "And next you'll say" only one time and he never broke out those martial art harmone moves once. I was hoping he'd school somebody at least once and tell him how he beat an immortal vampire once before.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
So uh, regrading the new chapter of Jojolion. I am almost certain that doctor is actually gonna be Rock Human Joseph, and may or may not be the main villain. Dunno how I feel about Bad Guy Joseph, but he IS the only part 4 character besides Jotaro that hasn't shown up yet.
I think if we get Joseph we migh get jolyne and giorno too then, with how many jojos this part has i hardly think we'll get a part 9
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Lisa Lisa looked young because she had high concentration of Harmone, but I guess the writer just forgot about that with Joseph and yeah I was dissapointed that Joseph used the "And next you'll say" only one time and he never broke out those martial art harmone moves once. I was hoping he'd school somebody at least once and tell him how he beat an immortal vampire once before.
He just slacked off training and vampires are gone so now hamon is muda

Oct 25, 2017
A couple of things I didn't like about Part 3 aside from no breaks from the battles was
the black guy died first twice. I really wish Abdol didn't go out like that in Dio's manor. Also, they brought back Kakyo or however you spell it just for him to lose, but his race was cool. I wonder if there are any video games like that. I also wonder if Polmereff ended up with that Egyptian woman. That part with Jotaro stopping his heart was intense as fuck though.

With part 4 I don't know. I'm sort of over the high school thing. I could ignore it with Part 3 because they were in high school for like 2 seconds, but this looks like this season is mostly going to be in this town and I'm just tired of the high schooler trope. At least a couple of these characters actually look like teenagers.
The series eventually drops the high school scene. You see like a scene of it in Part 5 and that's about it. Regarding Part 4 it's more slice of life, you either like it or you don't and you could theoretically skip it, but you miss out one of the best villains in the series so just bare with it till the plot properly advances about 20 eps in.
People keep forgetting that Joseph didn't keep up with his Hamon training the way Lisa Lisa or Straits did so it makes perfect sense that he actually legitimately aged worse than they did.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Skipping part 4 is a crime, same goes for part 5

In theory the "main plot" of jojo would be comprised of parts 1,3 and 6 and the rest would be spin offs, but no one says that for a good reason, you'd skip great stuff

Oct 25, 2017
Skipping part 4 is a crime, same goes for part 5

In theory the "main plot" of jojo would be comprised of parts 1,3 and 6 and the rest would be spin offs, but no one says that for a good reason, you'd skip great stuff
Part 3 as in watching all of Part 3 being an essential viewing over Parts 4 and 5 should be a crime. I also dislike how some people just never appreciate Part 4. Part 4 kept me into Jojo and Part 3 almost took me out of it.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Part 3 as in watching all of Part 3 being an essential viewing over Parts 4 and 5 should be a crime. I also dislike how some people just never appreciate Part 4. Part 4 kept me into Jojo and Part 3 almost took me out of it.
Lmao i feel the same about part 4, i was about to quit cause we showed p3 to a friend and he animeshamed us hard, but tonio made me go back(and got that friend addicted too)

But yeah having to watch the wholw part 3 is a crime, i'd say the essential bits are the first 10 and the last 10 episodes, but skip the gorilla

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao i feel the same about part 4, i was about to quit cause we showed p3 to a friend and he animeshamed us hard, but tonio made me go back(and got that friend addicted too)

But yeah having to watch the wholw part 3 is a crime, i'd say the essential bits are the first 10 and the last 10 episodes, but skip the gorilla
Part 3 just sort of lacks a soul to me if that makes any sort of sense. I don't really like the protagonists, I don't really like most of the villains of the week, my favorite character is a fucking falcon that's rarely on screen, it's just a weird part to me. I liked it more the second time I watched it, but it's never going to be a favorite. The dub for it is great at least.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Part 3 just sort of lacks a soul to me if that makes any sort of sense. I don't really like the protagonists, I don't really like most of the villains of the week, my favorite character is a fucking falcon that's rarely on screen, it's just a weird part to me. I liked it more the second time I watched it, but it's never going to be a favorite. The dub for it is great at least.
I was surprised i finally enjoyed it the second time i watched it, but i had to go through the while part 6 to actually feel something for jotaro... The part 3 gang is too... idk.. dudebroish for me? You have a part with all these poop jokes, battles with interesting villains that in the end just get punched harder, best character being killed twice first and second best is barely recognizable cause he's got nerfed to a pulp... in hindsight it's not as bad as i thought but the first impression i had was so damn awful and i was just begging for more DIO and when he showed up josephs blood made him stupid

Then you go to part 4 and josuke is just so damn fun i didnt even notice most episodes were filler-like until a friend pointed it out on a second watch lol

Oct 25, 2017
I was surprised i finally enjoyed it the second time i watched it, but i had to go through the while part 6 to actually feel something for jotaro... The part 3 gang is too... idk.. dudebroish for me? You have a part with all these poop jokes, battles with interesting villains that in the end just get punched harder, best character being killed twice first and second best is barely recognizable cause he's got nerfed to a pulp... in hindsight it's not as bad as i thought but the first impression i had was so damn awful and i was just begging for more DIO and when he showed up josephs blood made him stupid

Then you go to part 4 and josuke is just so damn fun i didnt even notice most episodes were filler-like until a friend pointed it out on a second watch lol
Part 3 cast just come off as a bunch of assholes and then you have Avdol and Joseph....well to be exact Jotaro is far too stoic and Polnareff is annoying, Kakyoin seems like a good guy, but the show does fuck all with him.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I still love the Part 3 cast for their reactions to the events they get caught up in, and also the weird shit they do

like Polnareff's toilet adventures or Joseph's dumb "i saw lawrence of arabia 3 times, i can definitely ride a camel", or Kakyoin sunbathing in his school uniform

or "I can see your underwear"

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
I still love the Part 3 cast for their reactions to the events they get caught up in, and also the weird shit they do

like Polnareff's toilet adventures or Joseph's dumb "i saw lawrence of arabia 3 times, i can definitely ride a camel", or Kakyoin sunbathing in his school uniform

Yeah, that and punching the woman in the face who was a vampire pretending to be a woman. SDC has great moments but they really do waste half the cast. Darn shame too since Joseph's fighting style and Kakyoin's strategy would have made for more great fights in the right hands. I feel like every part after corrects that with the supporting cast even replacing the darn protagonist at times.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Part 3 maybe basic af but part 5 anime made me realize I care more about part 3 crusaders as whole than part 5. Lack of downtime in it just made me dont care.

I think part 5 adaptation is amazing but somehow its further reinforcing the fact its my least fave. I'm already want the anime to end tbh.. the nonstop boss rush is even more tiresome in tv.

Last edited:

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Part 3 maybe basic af but part 5 anime made me realize I care more about part 3 crusaders as whole than part 5. Lack of downtime in it just maybe dont care.

I think part 5 adaptation is amazing but somehow its further reinforcing the fact its my least fave. I'm already want the anime to end tbh.. the nonstop boss rush is even more tiresome in tv.
I will never get this opinion cause every time I look at part 3, all I see is Worse, in every way, part 5.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I will never get this opinion cause every time I look at part 3, all I see is Worse, in every way, part 5.
I can see that... its like comparing to basic kids mecha show to Gundam. Gundam does everything better. But Imma type of guy that still can get impressed to the execution and cheerfulness of the basic mech kids show over Gundam.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Part 3 maybe basic af but part 5 anime made me realize I care more about part 3 crusaders as whole than part 5. Lack of downtime in it just maybe dont care.

I have to agree with this. Part 3 had a lot of charm in the scenes between Stand fights, and the character interactions added alot to the Crusaders' appeal even though most of them aren't even that well written. Part 5 has a few moments in this vein, like the torture dance and Narancia, Mista, and Abbachio beating up that random civilian, but there's just not enough of it overall.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
My counter argument is all of part 5's fights have far more definitive personality than all of part 3.

I don't need the down time, cause the characters show who they are in everything they do. Like I can barely tell you fucking anything about Avdol, Kakyoin or Jotaro(exclusively restricted to part 3)

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

Idk, i feel like im watching jackass when i see them, i think it has an appeal to a certain public, but i'd rather have part 5's adorable sychos
My counter argument is all of part 5's fights have far more definitive personality than all of part 3.

I don't need the down time, cause the characters show who they are in everything they do. Like I can barely tell you fucking anything about Avdol, Kakyoin or Jotaro(exclusively restricted to part 3)
this, they work so well together, if you watch closely you can get a lot of how their internal dynamics/hierarchy work, and that's a good way of show, not tell.
Hell, even their stands have to do with who they are D:

Why yhe hell is joseph the one with an intel stand?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Like Fugo was around for 1 fight, and I perfectly know exactly who he is from his introduction and that 1 fight.

The most memorable thing about Kakyoin is the cherries and Milf Hunter, and that second one is just dumb baseless anime meme bullshit

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I have to agree with this. Part 3 had a lot of charm in the scenes between Stand fights, and the character interactions added alot to the Crusaders' appeal even though most of them aren't even that well written. Part 5 has a few moments in this vein, like the torture dance and Narancia, Mista, and Abbachio beating up that random civilian, but there's just not enough of it overall.
Yeah I'm sure anyone can prove me part 3 squad is clearly technically inferior with how they written. Avdol Death is laughable.. but damn I still feel those moment in Vanilla ice fight. I only remembered how Narancia randomly death within pike.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
You could remove some of the background stories and just analyse the stands and their characters would still make sense... like bruno being able to zip stuff together and make up space, or narancia having a toy airplane with a radar that could pose as a lie detector... Abbachio's desire of going back in time...

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah I'm sure anyone can prove me part 3 squad is clearly technically inferior with how they written. Avdol Death is laughable.. but damn I still feel those moment in Vanilla ice fight. I only remembered how Narancia randomly death within pike.

If you're comparing Vanilla ice kills to Diavolo kills, I gotta question you on that. Given the framing of those are totally different.

Vanilla Ice was an insurmountable threat you had no real counter to.

DIavolo was death so quick you'd miss it if you blinked

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
I like the Part 5 Gangstars minus Giorno; to me he's on the same tier as Jotaro in interesting personality. That said the rest of the gang is great and I really wish they did more dumb shit with each other and had a bit of fun between horribly killing enemies.

Sep 7, 2018
I only like Joseph and Jonathan so far, but I barely got to see John. I wasn't really feeling part 1 that much until that final episode when I just started to like Jojo and then he went away.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I only like Joseph and Jonathan so far, but I barely got to see John. I wasn't really feeling part 1 that much until that final episode when I just started to like Jojo and then he went away.
jonathan was a good pure boy, while Joseph is an adorable bastard, i like how they contrast cause it tells right away the jojos can be anything
Yeah giorno's got a lot more going on for him than part 3 jotaro who's literally just one liners.
He's got a life goal, how many jojos start with that? XD

Sep 7, 2018
The series eventually drops the high school scene. You see like a scene of it in Part 5 and that's about it. Regarding Part 4 it's more slice of life, you either like it or you don't and you could theoretically skip it, but you miss out one of the best villains in the series so just bare with it till the plot properly advances about 20 eps in.

People keep forgetting that Joseph didn't keep up with his Hamon training the way Lisa Lisa or Straits did so it makes perfect sense that he actually legitimately aged worse than they did.
Well I don't recall a line stating he didn't ,but they could've just wrote it so that he did so it would've been cool.

Oct 25, 2017
Well I don't recall a line stating he didn't ,but they could've just wrote it so that he did so it would've been cool.
There's nothing about Part 2 Joseph that gives me the vibe that he'd be a lifelong learner of anything. He learned what he needed to learn to beat AC/DC and Whamu.
Yeah giorno's got a lot more going on for him than part 3 jotaro who's literally just one liners.
Yeah he knew what he wanted to achieve from ep one and he was going to achieve it whether or not he had a sick mom.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States

Not sure how I feel about that YouTuber

Just so you know, you're watching something adapted from a JoJo Part that's as old as Yu Yu Hakusho. Don't be surprised if certain things seem a bit on the tropey side there