Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulbrick

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Nottingham, England
I'm happy to hear that you'll be rocking out with everyone tonight when you hear this theme song:

DaringEmbellishedHectorsdolphin-size_restricted.gif

You've ruined me, I've been listening to this since you posted it and I can't turn it off.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone getting the PPV on Fite that hasn't signed up to Fite yet?

I need 10$ more to get it for free with Fite credits lol

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Man watch that shit again. The crowd roars whenever his music first hits. It was even like that when I saw them live way back at the third episode of Dynamite in Philly.

I literally watched it just a few minutes ago to check (show of the 19th). He gets a decent pop and Hangman gets a larger one. Kenny's pop for coming out is much larger than the initial music pop too.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
One of the few truly whack entrance songs is Shida's, fuck it's so bad. Doesn't fit her character/in-ring style at all either.

I keep praying they give her a new one, or at least edit it.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Because he is one. And that's ok.

I dunno, whenever I heard his geek promos in New Japan it always made me less hyped for his big matches. There was a long one, I think before Omega Okada II which was particularly bad. He'd bring me back in for the match itself of course, but I always thought he was someone who should try to avoid promos as much as possible lol

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I dunno, whenever I heard his geek promos in New Japan it always made me less hyped for his big matches. There was a long one, I think before Omega Okada II which was particularly bad. He'd bring me back in for the match itself of course, but I always thought he was someone who should try to avoid promos as much as possible lol
I mean yeah he's not a great talker. Sounds like any of us here trying to cut a promo as ourselves lol.
Everyone in this thread is a geek.
Indeed.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
SageShinigami

Alright buddy I've got the sniffles so I'm staying in tonight ( was supposed to go to an indie show) so I'm watching Revolution! It's only 19.99USD on fite instead of 60 I was expecting.... I promise to be on my best behaviour!

<3
Woo! The preshow is on this link and the countdown special from the other day is here

I had no clue that Rise was shutting down until now

They've been talking about shutting down since 2018, they're basically merging with Freelance and just won't do their own live shows anymore.

I think my hottest AEW take that I actually believe is that Ortiz is pretty one-note and doesn't do anything for me at all. good wrestler though.
He's in the Pentagon spot of 'unique tag team wrestler who takes a back seat to the more compelling/engaging partner' right now. Best thing is he has his own unique style, has tons of charisma and once he gets handed the brass ring he will run with it no doubt. I always pop big for his back rake into tiger pose spot.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone thought Nightmare Collective was dead but it's just merging with Dark Order to create a super faction

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

ok yeah that'll do

low ki definitely gonna get that shit cancelled when he finds out he's not going over

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
A faction made up of Anthony Greene, Brandi Lauren, Harlem Bravado and Jessie Kameha (I guess?) makes Taven's Kingdom look like the peak Four Horseman.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NJPW do it pretty well and they still have stories and characters.

No one who wants a more sportslike product is advocating for "dry and storyless".
NJPW is slightly better, but both it and NXT are pretty damn dry. "I want the belt!" "Can you achieve greatness by winning?" Are basically the depth that they go for me personally. Great workrate but AEW brings the buffet of carny I crave.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
NJPW is slightly better, but both it and NXT are pretty damn dry. "I want the belt!" "Can you achieve greatness by winning?" Are basically the depth that they go for me personally. Great workrate but AEW brings the buffet of carny I crave.
Fear not friend, I getcha.

I was recently pondering the lack of carny antics in NXT, you get some backstage scuffles but there's a lack of fuckery afoot.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fear not friend, I getcha.

I was recently pondering the lack of carny antics in NXT, you get some backstage scuffles but there's a lack of fuckery afoot.
It's probably better that they don't, since the WWE writing is absolutely terrible. Raw and Smackdown being wacky and carny is not the problem, its that they have no idea how to write anything appealing or interesting. When they add more angles to NXT it ends up Dream vs Strong.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably better that they don't, since the WWE writing is absolutely terrible. Raw and Smackdown being wacky and carny is not the problem, its that they have no idea how to write anything appealing or interesting. When they add more angles to NXT it ends up Dream vs Strong.
Granted I'm the one guy in wrassle era who isn't finding Dream's shenanigans against Roddy as a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.