Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, said it in the main thread but Hangman and Omega vs Bucks was fucking ridiculously amazing. Great match.

Oct 8, 2019
If only the actual shows felt like that.

I think the past 6 months have completely destroyed the idea that a wrestling show that feels like a sports show would do well when.you compare not just the ratings but the hype and people talking about NXT vs AEW. The big hyped angles that drive AEW are stuff like "Cody gets whipped" or "Jericho blinds Moxley in one eye" which is stuff that you couldn't do if you want to feel like a sports show.

Meanwhile no one talks about NXT because the show feels dry, and its big angle don't feel all that major. The one saving grace is Matt Riddle, a guy whose entire character is that he smokes pot, and got fired from UFC because he couldn't pass a drug test.

That tag match was amazing.

Also lol at the last hashtag

Did that guy sell the stunner exactly like Trump?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say theres a world of difference between what I picture when I think sportslike wrestling and NXT.

I watched NXT for awhile, it didn't have the same sort of drive and heart AEW does and still came across pretty manufactured or assembly line like the main roster shows, just with better matches.

Oct 8, 2019
I'd say theres a world of difference between what I picture when I think sportslike wrestling and NXT.

I watched NXT for awhile, it didn't have the same sort of drive and heart AEW does and still came across pretty manufactured or assembly line like the main roster shows, just with better matches.

I think a sports show only works when you have people who come off as legit sports stars and can spend weeks building towards "whose going to take the belt" which doesn't quite have the impact that Cody wants a match with MJF, but MJF will only do the match if his allowed to whip Cody. Could you imagine what AEW would be like if Chris Jericho got suspended for a year and had to vacate the championship because he blinded Moxley.

That new tattoo Cody has....

Someone tweeted out yesterday that it was the Nightmare Family logo, but I kind of thought that Cody would have made it black and less conspicuous. That thing is huge (for a neck tattoo) and colorful so it draws the eyes.

Oct 8, 2019

Here's Cody's massive neck tattoo in all its glory. Representing everything about America, being colorful, large, and excessive

Oct 26, 2017
UK
The Mina/Nodoka 2 count finish sequence was ridiculously good. Them both countering each others finish into a match ending roll-up's so good.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god Cody. What did you do to yourself.

LOL.

That might be tied to Bob Holly's giant tribal tattoo as the worst wrestler tattoo.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
Revolution was alright.

SCU vs. Dark Order - 2*: I've never enjoyed an SCU match, this certainly didn't change my opinion
Rhodes vs. Hagar - 1.5*: This was a snoozer of a match, not only is Hagar is piece of shit human but the dude can't work for shit.
Omega/Hangman vs. Bucks - 5*: Complete insanity. One of the best tag matches I've ever seen and a very strong MOTY candidate. Great mix of fantastic work with fantastic in ring storytelling.
Statlander vs. Rose - 2*: Statlander was really out of it, apparently with the flu. They should have subbed in Swole and done this match later when she was better.
Darby vs. Guevarra - 3.5*: Solid match, Darby looked like he almost killed himself on that tope botch but overall it was a fun match.
Cody vs. MJF - 2.5*: Hey guess what, Cody still sucks. Also that tattoo is distracting as shit. Also that live entrance was the drizzling shits. Alllll that build up and they delivered a wet fart of a match. At least Cody didn't win.
OC vs. PAC - 4*: Highly entertaining match, both guys did great. The Lucha Brothers randomly showing up to set up an angle with The Best Friends really wasn't necessary and kind of took the wind out of the match's sails, but despite that it was still great.
Mox vs. Jericho - 2.5*: Jericho has been wrestling the exact same match every time for the past 2 years or so, it's getting a little stale. Have fun on your Fozzy tour Jericho, now let's see what Mox does with the title.

Good show, not great. Glad I got it cheap on Fite, if I'd spent $50 on this I'd be pretty bummed.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god Cody. What did you do to yourself.

LOL.

That might be tied to Bob Holly's giant tribal tattoo as the worst wrestler tattoo.
He went into the show with one of the hottest storylines and most anticipated matches and with a terrible Downstait performance, a godawful tattoo, he managed to have one of the worst matches on the card.

I'm not even mad, thats actually impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.