• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
AEW kool-aid is a hell of a thing

lol.

Was it confirmed before that Wargames would be Elite vs Inner Circle?

Also its called the Match Beyond, not Blood and Guts (just the event name), thankfully.

No, this is just something Meltzer mentioned months ago.

AEW seriously needs to bring in more PoC. But I'm also fine with them bringing in more LGBT wrestlers, so EFFY and a few others would be great. Give me the Jamie Senegal/Sonny Kiss tag team, please.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
AEW themes are up on Spotify.

The unnecessary lyrics really mess with the vibes of Dark Order's theme. Should just be instrumental.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Just saw the older comments about it lol

Thought this was a sub tweet about the convo about ugly wrestling tats in the AEW thread
wNjkyEW.gif

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
I find it hard to complain about wwe giving a match away when AEW is giving away a war games match on tv

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Now either nobody in AEW gets a tattoo out of fear, or EVERYONE gets one out of spite.

Time to find out what kind of company this is lol

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
I think its more the implication that Asuka vs Shayna probably isn't that big of a match to WWE and Asuka is going to get her shit pushed in that bothers people.
It's a big match. Probably bigger than the actual match WWE wants to run at some point, which is Shayna/Natalya. They teased that as a major feud and got blasted for it on Twitter.

There's a story to be told of the two most dominant NXT Women's Champions coming to blows and seeing who is actually the best. But instead they just want to feed Asuka to Shayna because RAW and Smackdown are completely incapable of building up any long term storylines due to Vince having the attention span of a goldfish. But you aren't entirely wrong either. I'm pissed because it's obvious they see Asuka as the workhorse of the division in that she can carry most women to really good matches, but never truly reward her for it. She's basically the women's version of Daniel Bryan or AJ Styles.

I find it hard to complain about wwe giving a match away when AEW is giving away a war games match on tv
The key difference is that AEW is likely going to build up to this match and make it feel like a big deal. Where WWE throws out big matches regularly and never makes it feel like a big deal.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I gave up on WWE ever giving matches that other promotions would salivate over a proper big fight feel after AJ vs Shinsuke ended at Mania right when it felt it was finally going to kick into high gear.

WWE hold so much back, even at Wrestlemania. It was an endless stream of frustration when I was still watching. The WWE main roster style of "less is more to the point that you're starving" wrestling has repelled me each and every time I ever tried to adjust to it for a prolonged period of time with nothing else on TV at the time.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
So with a bit of photoshop (granted I did this in less than 5 minutes) the tattoo....it's still shit. But it blends in a bit better because I isolated the tat and just decreased the opacity to 50. I mean the ideal number is 0 but y'know.

Look at that face. He knows he fucked up.

VWfzKBl.png

Here's the OG

TFJRKQi.jpg

KFcCJbB.jpg

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for the emotional promo where he tries to sell people on it. Not this time, man.

No five star promo is going to save that look.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Here's a hypothetical for the thread:

You are given a chance to win one million dollars (USD or the equivalent for your region, all tax-free) if you can evade Brock Lesnar for 24 hours.

The rules:
- You both start in the same city/town/starting area/etc, with you getting a 5 hour head start
- plane travel is not permitted, all other modes of transportation are
- Brock has your scent and photograph
- If/when Brock finds you, you take an F5

Would you do it?

EDIT: Killing/directly injuring Brock Lesnar disqualifies you

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017

You are given a chance to win one million dollars (USD or the equivalent for your region, all tax-free) if you can evade Brock Lesnar for 24 hours.

The rules:
- You both start in the same city/town/starting area/etc, with you getting a 5 hour head start

Would you do it?

I can use trains? Of course lol. In five hours I'd be in a hotel far away

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017

The rules:

Would you do it?

Well yeah, Brock isn't doing that shit lol

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017

The rules:

Would you do it?

Brock Follows

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017

The rules:

Would you do it?

That's easy I pay Ricochet to badmouth hunting at Brock then chill at home for 24 hours while Rico get's endlessly suplexed.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The rules:

Would you do it?

I thought about running up the stairs of a really tall building to gas him out, but then I realised I can't run for shit and would probably keel over half way up...also, if I did get to the top and the many stairs didn't stop Brock, then it'd be an F5 off the roof of a really tall building. So, onto plan B.

Brock is large. I am small. Brock, while a monster of a man, is still only a man and would be unable to smash through solid brickwork. So, I'd find a really tight alleyway between buildings and wait it out. Assuming Brock doesn't go hire a wrecking ball, I should be fine.

Last resort; Brock seems like the kind of guy with Strong Opinions about grilling. So, I'd buy a bunch of prime cuts, set up a grill and poorly cook expensive meat, then when he shows up draw him into a lengthy conversation about how to best sear wagyu.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

The rules:

Would you do it?

That's really too easy if other vehicles are allowed.

Even on foot I can make it to where I work pretty easily in 5 hours where I could lock myself in an old bank vault or behind multiple steel/keycard locked doors in a maze of a building.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
The key difference is that AEW is likely going to build up to this match and make it feel like a big deal. Where WWE throws out big matches regularly and never makes it feel like a big deal.

Yeah, they started hyping it on the PPV. War Games is going to be built up for the next month and its in a bigger building than they normally run. Kindof a mini-ppv but on cable.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Cody's tattoo also looks like one of 'those' tattoos

Best-American-Flag-Tattoos-For-Men.jpg

like he listened to a lot of 5 Finger Death Punch before he went and got it

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The tattoo is so shit I didnt even realize it was supposed to be his nightmare logo or whatever at first.

His entire gimmick was clean cut, suit wearing, corporate face. What a stupid decision.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Cody's tattoo also looks like one of 'those' tattoos

Best-American-Flag-Tattoos-For-Men.jpg

like he listened to a lot of 5 Finger Death Punch before he went and got it
I think the third one on the top row from the left actually looks kind of cool.

"Tiger tried to kill me in that jungle...but he learned I bleed red, white and blue, brother."

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After Cody's eyebrow scar he never got fixed properly and that god damn tattoo, I wonder how messed up he is going to look in a year if he keeps this "I gotta mutate my body each AEW PPV" streak going.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
AEW's biggest blemish, besides Cody's ugly ass tattoos now, is their preaching of 'inclusivity' and yet their womens division is completely undercooked and their main event rankings are whiter than an episode of Friends
94b54e_60a8a89cffdc4bd7a7957e93cb3c4729~mv2.webp

94b54e_ed4b7ef7e6e641a8bc7778cd06c0088f~mv2.webp

94b54e_5cf4fbf88d0541809b6420885e2d03db~mv2.webp

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda hope PAC and Lucha Bros. are actually a thing but talk about dudes who don't actually need each other.

I'm there for the matches but they need to do something for Lucha Bros. stat because they are so aimless right now.

And I say this as someone who likes the Best Friends more than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.