Not open for further replies.
Stadia/PC info

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Regarding the Stadia-held-back-the-pc-version claims:

They claim to have an inside source, so I'd take it with a grain of salt. This is as far as I can tell origin of the claim and without word from Sega other than this official response they gave IGN:
Sega confirmed to IGN that cross-buy will not be supported for PS4 and PS5, and we could not get an answer on whether progress can be carried over from the PS4 version to the PS5 version. Furthermore, RGG Studios says it does not have plans to release Judgement for PC at this time.
Source: https://www.ign.com/articles/judgment-xbox-series-x-s-ps5-stadia-release-date-april

I'm planning on grabbing it on XBox Series X since it'll likely have cross-buy with the Windows 10 version down the line, like the other Yakuza XBox games have had.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Banned
Jun 8, 2019
come the fuck on sega, no free upgrade and no steam version and 40 dollars???

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
I m sad, i just order it last week and the game is still not at home haha can they do a pay upgrade at least ?

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
No PC version is pretty damn strange, but I guess I can wait till Stadia exclusivity window is over, plus, it's less than a month after Yakuza 6 release, so, they probably don't want to oversaturate the market too.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Banned
Jun 8, 2019
the least sega could do is soften the blow by offering it at a cheaper price similar to Japan. ffs.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Welp, looks like another game to buy for my PS5 once I get it (The other ones are "The Nioh Collection" & Devil May Cry V: Special Edition), since I never bought it on PS4, especially when there's no upgrade from PS4 to PS5.

Edit: Never mind, I just saw the comparison screenshots of the PS4 & the PS5 versions, & yikes!; The PS5 version looks horrible!

Last edited:

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's the over/under that less than 1000 people actually play this on Stadia?

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Well fuck them.

I own it on ps4 I could have paid for an upgrade like 10 bucks.

They can go fuck themselves.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, is that confirmed somewhere? Or just an inference?
The last time a game randomly didn't release on PC when it was expected to - yet showed up on Stadia instead - was Samurai Shodown. After 7 months, it then showed up on EGS and not Steam, which made it pretty clear that it had been held back by exclusivity deals. So it seems highly likely that a similar situation is happening here.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Play this game. It's so good. Incredible characters and story, great combat.

Definitely wish it was coming to PC for more people to experience it, but still worth buying for anyone who hasn't played it yet.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Looking now this is being handled I can see why Sega decided to reorganize their upper management. When you have a exclusivity deal with Stadia in April 2021 you really aren't paying attention no more.

On a basic level it's cool to have Judgement on next gen consoles though.

Bolthauser

Oct 29, 2017
Should I play this on PS5 after I finish Yakuza 0 or slowly go through Kiwami-6 on Game Pass PC first? (Also how long is Yakuza 0?)

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
A stadia exclusive to keep it off pc for a set period of time? The worst kind of exclusive. Unbelievable.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Got it on ps4, correct me if in wrong... is Yakuza 7 a free ps4 to ps5 upgrade?

Love the Yakuza Franchise but if they keep on this no free upgrade on playstation especially in japan its gonna hurt them..

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
What's the over/under that less than 1000 people actually play this on Stadia?

What are the odds huh?
First you find 1000 people still subscribe to Stadia after the layoffs and shut-down news today.
Then you find how many of them are Yakuza fans that interest in this spin-off.
Finally let see how many of them are willing to buy the game full-price on top of monthly subs.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
Should I play this on PS5 after I finish Yakuza 0 or slowly go through Kiwami-6 on Game Pass PC first? (Also how long is Yakuza 0?)

i started this on ps4 pro without playing any other yakuza games before and easily followed the story, i think its somewhat detached from main series in that sense.
story was going quite intriguing too, but left it somewhat early. gameplay felt like easy mini game after minigame without any challenge.
might try this version again based on price.
not a fan of buying the thing again.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are the odds huh?
First you find 1000 people still subscribe to Stadia after the layoffs and shut-down news today.
Finally let see how many of them are willing to buy the game full-price on top of monthly subs.
So what you're saying is take the under then? Lol

Oct 27, 2017
Welp I'm happy for the newcomers but as I still have the PS4 version I bought and didn't play I guess I'll wait for the game to have its price crashing down, now way I'll pay 40 euros again to play it on PS5. It's a shame as I'd have gladly bought an upgrade that would allow me to play my base game without all the DLC and stuff. Especially since the DLC stuff doens't look interesting.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
What are the odds huh?

I really want to ask WHY to anyone who qualifies.

RobbRivers

Jan 3, 2018
oh... no smart delivery means, no xbox one version (and no cross-save)? good luck then, it is impossible to get a series X... They are going to lose a lot of sales among xbox users...

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
so google esentially paid to keep a port of a niche game off pc, hoping that this would drive people to sub to stadia

lmao, no, honestly, fucking l m a o, no wonder stadia is a trainwreck, i bet they'll get a few thousand sales at the very most.

NetMapel

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played this game before on the PS4. What's the general consensus on this game and whether it's good? I have liked detective-style games like Ace Attorney series before if that helps...

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I just bought this on sale recently. May have to return it since it's likely I wouldn't start it for a couple of months anyway and would rather play it on the Series X.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
so google esentially paid to keep a port of a niche game off pc, hoping that this would drive people to sub to stadia

lmao, no, honestly, fucking l m a o, no wonder stadia is a trainwreck, i bet they'll get a few thousand sales at the very most.
What's more notable to me is the fact that now we know Sega is open to these types of deals. First it was Y7 and XSX time exclusivity for next gen version and now it's Stadia time exclusivity for a remaster on PC. Doesn't look like Sega is particularly worried about burning the goodwill that they've been building up with this series for a few years now (that's even more apparent at the complete disregard that they are having for og buyers of the game, offering no upgrade path or cross save at all).

Makes me wonder who might buy some sort of time exclusivity for the next Yakuza entry.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I've never played this game before on the PS4. What's the general consensus on this game and whether it's good? I have liked detective-style games like Ace Attorney series before if that helps...
One of the best RGG studio games and arguably the best story and the cast of characters they've had in any of their games. If you like the general structure of Yakuza games, don't sleep on Judgment. It's really good.

Oct 27, 2017
I paid for the PS4 version, so I understand why they won't give me the PS5 version for free. It sucks when other companies are doing it, but I can see why they won't do it.

Now... not giving me a discount to incetivize me to upgrade? That's nut. Make it $10 and a ton of people will upgrade. Now I'll just play the PS4 version that I already got for cheap and maybe wait for the PS5 version to drop in price like Yakuza 0, to $5. Or just avoid it altogether :/

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

They did the same for Samurai Shodown and Serious Sam 4, I really don't get what's the advantage to both Stadia and the devs.

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They did the same for Samurai Shodown and Serious Sam 4, I really don't get what's the advantage to both Stadia and the devs.
If Sega thinks the game will sell poorly on PC, or at the very least, less than what Google is offering to pay, there's your platform to sacrifice. They will get their PC cash in the future anyway. Same goes for Samurai Shodown and Serious Sam, which both sacrificed the platform likely to sell the worst for exclusivity on another.

Now, why Google thinks this is a good idea is baffling. A PC owner is more likely to buy a secondary console for non-PC games than use a shitty cloud service. But hey, Stadia has been riddled with poor decision-making since the beginning - Google doing something dumb shouldn't surprise anyone at this point.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Lmao.

Sin_titulo4.png

Oct 27, 2017
I paid for the PS4 version, so I understand why they won't give me the PS5 version for free. It sucks when other companies are doing it, but I can see why they won't do it.

Now... not giving me a discount to incetivize me to upgrade? That's nut. Make it $10 and a ton of people will upgrade. Now I'll just play the PS4 version that I already got for cheap and maybe wait for the PS5 version to drop in price like Yakuza 0, to $5. Or just avoid it altogether :/
Personnally I won't even play the PS4 version because there is no cross save at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.