• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Serpentine

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
CMLL vs AAA mostly. Given the choice between HDV and 2-4 CMLL luchadors, i think you take the CMLL luchadors
Yeah I imagine a big 6 man tag involving CMLL guys would be in the cards if that's the case. Don't know the contract situation of most of the other luchadors who work PWG though, except that Laredo Kid isn't contracted (or announced for the tournament yet, technically)

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Catching up on the G1.

Well shiiit, it takes a damn god tier wrestler to give Moxley a 5 star match i swear. Ishii is literally the miracle of wrestling.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Shane Strickland being sent to die on 205 Live

Such a waste

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know the contract situation of most of the other luchadors who work PWG though, except that Laredo Kid isn't contracted (or announced for the tournament yet, technically)
They're technically ok with Bandido but there's a reason he was in a separate block to avoid that headache. They were still in the ring at the same time during the tag on the last show so while i doubt they meet in a 1v1 match, they probably will share a ring and interact bubt neither will get the pinfall on the other

Laredo is unsigned with AAA for now. But he is a featured player so who knows if CMLL is cool with him. WIth Sofia ALonso in charge that policy might change but they definitely still won't do matches together

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ya'll see Meltzer shitting on Bianca Belair?

in contrast you have the non-wrestling watchers opinion of her

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
If you were the WWE, would you run NXT TV at the exact same time as AEW runs their show, or would you run it an hour earlier? Actually, because it's only an hour instead of two hours, I wonder if they would run it side-by-side at the start of AEW or starting during the second hour.

OP
OP
Serpentine

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
They're technically ok with Bandido but there's a reason he was in a separate block to avoid that headache. They were still in the ring at the same time during the tag on the last show so while i doubt they meet in a 1v1 match, they probably will share a ring and interact bubt neither will get the pinfall on the other

Laredo is unsigned with AAA for now. But he is a featured player so who knows if CMLL is cool with him. WIth Sofia ALonso in charge that policy might change but they definitely still won't do matches together
gotcha. I figure they'd be ok with Laredo, APW ran LK/Dragon Lee at King of Indies a few weeks ago (Lee went over)

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
gotcha. I figure they'd be ok with Laredo, APW ran LK/Dragon Lee at King of Indies a few weeks ago (Lee went over)
I mean if Dragon goes over they don't care. Once Laredo Kid wins the MegaCampeonato sometime later this year, it might be different because AAA will start caring about something (It probably won't happen til October, so we're good!)

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
G1 night 6:

Juice Robinson vs. Jeff Cobb was siiiiiiick. I would best describe it as stiff with some THICK offense. God damn. They really laid into each other at times. What an awesome match. Cobb came off looking like a damn beast, and Robinson held his own and gave it back just as hard as Cobb gave. Phew.

Anyone else surprised by this one? One of my favourites of the G1 so far.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I think Dave saying horrible shit doesn't get much traction here now because everybody just expects it.

I don't see how this qualifies as "horrible shit."

Is this VCR account created just to complain about Meltzer?

Edit: I just checked the VCR account. LMAO holy shit it is an account dedicated to complaining about Meltzer. Loooooool

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't see how this qualifies as "horrible shit."

Is this VCR account created just to complain about Meltzer?
Spent a few minutes looking through the account because I was asking myself this too. The answer was yes. An unhealthy amount of shitting on Meltzer and retweeting others doing the same. Like some shitting is warranted but holy shit the amount on that account and only the stuff over the last few days...wow.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Spent a few minutes looking through the account because I was asking myself this too. The answer was yes. An unhealthy amount of shitting on Meltzer and retweeting others doing the same. Like some shitting is warranted but holy shit the amount on that account and only the stuff over the last few days...wow.

Yeah I did too. This VCR account can fuck off. It's nothing but concern trolling.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If you were the WWE, would you run NXT TV at the exact same time as AEW runs their show, or would you run it an hour earlier? Actually, because it's only an hour instead of two hours, I wonder if they would run it side-by-side at the start of AEW or starting during the second hour.

They might just expand it to two

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I did too. This VCR account can fuck off. It's nothing but concern trolling.
I muted that dude a while ago because he's one of those people, much like the very cool account Meltzer Said WHAT??. Some folks on twitter have nothing better to do then Totally Own Dave when its like hey maybe like do anything else

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Meltzer isn't wrong, Bianca Blair isn't a draw. Nobody since Cena in WWE has been a draw. If you wanted to stretch the definition of a "draw" as far as possible, Blair still wouldn't qualify.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I muted that dude a while ago because he's one of those people, much like the very cool account Meltzer Said WHAT??. Some folks on twitter have nothing better to do then Totally Own Dave when its like hey maybe like do anything else

I find some people's obsession with attacking Dave to be very pathetic. If someone don't like him, fine. Grow up and move on. Instead these geeks dedicate their time to analyze his every word and, at the same time, remove all context. I often find those that hate Dave the most aren't even remotely familiar with him. Hell, someone here implied he and "Brian" are days away from retweeting white supremacists. Yes, the same "Brian" that unplugged the caller phone line, for nearly a week, immediately after a caller made a racist joke.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
I think the problem people had with Bianca (or at least I did) was more along the lines of her having an undefeated streak but still being VERY green at times. She was over, but still got lost in the ring a decent amount of the time (she came across as very robotic). It doesn't help that she isn't exactly top heel material considering people still cheered for her despite whatever heel antics she would pull.

Which is probably one of the reasons why Io was turned, now that I think about it.

As for the Dave attacks, there are plenty of other actual valid reasons to question him, like his handling of the Elgin situation.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

they will most likely air at the exact same time AND add another hour to eat into AEW's viewership as much as possible

because they are petty as fuck

it's not going to work, though

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
I just can't get into CMLL anymore. The wrestling's still good but you know nothings going to change. Everything's so static.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find some people's obsession with attacking Dave to be very pathetic. If someone don't like him, fine. Grow up and move on. Instead these geeks dedicate their time to analyze his every word and, at the same time, remove all context. I often find those that hate Dave the most aren't even remotely familiar with him. Hell, someone here implied he and "Brian" are days away from retweeting white supremacists. Yes, the same "Brian" that unplugged the caller phone line, for nearly a week, immediately after a caller made a racist joke.
Lol I'm just gonna quote myself from a couple of hours ago
Reminder that just 2 years ago before the last forum revamp they had a whole section especifically for people posting thirst threads, wardrobe malfunctions and sharing nude leaks of female wrestlers, the latter being illegal of course.
But I guess Brian did the right thing once so I'm definitely going to give them a pass for this now

And also someone else brought up the time Dave publicly exposed the victim of Michael Elgin's abuse, but I guess it's just pathetic of us to talk facts, how dare we

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
LA PARK and Rush are going to cause a riot trying to get their match

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I'm just gonna quote myself from a couple of hours ago

But I guess Brian did the right thing once so I'm definitely going to give them a pass for this now

And also someone else brought up the time Dave publicly exposed the victim of Michael Elgin's abuse, but I guess it's just pathetic of us to talk facts, how dare we

His name is Bryan. Bryan Alvarez.

Edit: fuck it. I don't care enough to argue. I'm not here to defend Dave and Bryan. My point is VCR Twitter accounts and others like them are pathetic, and those that heavily criticize Dave and Bryan often know very little about them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.