• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not that interested in the game, but the last one had Hinata from Haikyuu in it, so I'll assume he'll come back and will get a character intro video too? yes/no/maybe?

he was an assist only character in the last game and i don't think this game is doing assist only characters since it's a tag fighter, he might show up in the story mode since light is in it but i don't know

So far only male characters announced right?

Rukia is playable, that's it so far

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
So far only male characters announced right?

It's been almost all main characters and main villains, and there's not a lot of women characters of those types in SJ. I mean, for main heroes there's pretty much just Medaka and Jolyne, I think. And only Medaka has been in the previous J-Stars game. Just Rukia so far for this game, really

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's been almost all main characters and main villains, and there's not a lot of women characters of those types in SJ. I mean, for main heroes there's pretty much just Medaka and Jolyne, I think. And only Medaka has been in the previous J-Stars game. Just Rukia so far, really
You might get lucky and get the TLR girls in here somehow.

There's also Emma from Promised Neverland, but I don't think she really fights.

Last edited:

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Saving Seiya and Shiryu for Brazil was such a good move. And speaking of which, Shiryu is quite the surprise. Not that he wasn't up there in the potential list - I just figured Ikki or Saga would've had priority first.

Now if only Bandai US could get these damn beta codes out. They were supposed to come two days ago, dammit.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Fuck I haven't even begun reading Yu Yu for my Jump Force challenge for christ sake lol.

Awesome addition, I'll finally read Saint Seiya because of this! Hoping for Fist of the North Star or Jojo next!!!!

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
I wonder if they're saving characters from MHA and other newer series for Jump Festa. Cause right now it's all been old stuff even though there are some post J-Stars series that seem like they should be obvious.
I'm thinking they aren't announcing them because of their own game coming out, announcing them now might reduce sales of that game.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It's been almost all main characters and main villains, and there's not a lot of women characters of those types in SJ. I mean, for main heroes there's pretty much just Medaka and Jolyne, I think. And only Medaka has been in the previous J-Stars game. Just Rukia so far for this game, really
There's a chance they'd go with Kagura as a 2nd Gintama character... if there are Gintama characters in the game in the first place.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
I wish to love this game. All my manga and anime heroes from my youth. However, they can pour all the characters they want ( and I love me some Saint Seya ), but the Art Direction is just a turn off for me.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
That's pretty cool! Caballeros del Zodiaco was huge here in LatAm

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
There's a chance they'd go with Kagura as a 2nd Gintama character... if there are Gintama characters in the game in the first place.
Yeah Kagura would be a good fit if they decide to go with 2 characters for Gintama, but they might just have Gintoki with assists instead.

Bit surprising that they didn't go with Sakura in the Naruto characters, unless they add her later.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Such a shame this game doesn't look better (like way better) than it does.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Of course we do, the creator is piece of shit that's another convo nor one that merits the character from not being included. But I really want kenshin he's been in jstars and the jump games.
792b27491f5d5681adce31b10faa5e70a52594fa_00.gif

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome.
It was only a matter of time before they announced Seiya.

Haven't seen a lick of Saint Seiya so I'm not familiar with Shiryu, but he looks cool.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Of course we do, the creator is piece of shit that's another convo nor one that merits the character from not being included. But I really want kenshin he's been in jstars and the jump games.
I think no one should want a creator/series get more time in the sun knowing how much a piece of shit he is, and just wanting him because he's cool despite what he did says a lot.

Jan 9, 2018
Man I don't like the art style of this game, but that Sagitarius arrow, went stright to the feelings.

I might end buying it.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I had no doubt they will be in the game. But it's nice to have confirmation.

Next reveal better be Kenshiro or I'm not buying the game. (kidding, of course I'm getting the game regardless of Kenshiro. I double dipped J-Stars)

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed I didn't get into the beta. Oh well, guess I gotta wait for the Open.

These avatars for the CaC also look pretty cool. Better than Shinobi Strikers at least.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think no one should want a creator/series get more time in the sun knowing how much a piece of shit he is, and just wanting him because he's cool despite what he did says a lot.

You would be very wrong on that. As for it "saying a lot" all it says is that some people have no problem separating the art from the artist. Hardly a radical position.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
You would be very wrong on that. As for it "saying a lot" all it says is that some people have no problem separating the art from the artist. Hardly a radical position.
By supporting said art, you support the artist.

Especially if money goes into his hands by his inclusion.

Last edited:

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
If his inclusion means putting money into that piece of shit's pockets then no, we really don't.

dabs furiously

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saint Saiya in a game like this and they aren't screaming in Portuguese why live

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By supporting said art, you support the artist.

Especially if money goes into his hands by his inclusion.

That's a different point from the one I was responding to. But sure, I'll bite. When I purchase a piece of media I pay what I consider a fair price for that piece of art. The relationship between myself and the artist is seller and buyer, its a one off business transaction. The artist is not responsible for what I do with what I've purchased and I am not responsible for what the artist does with the money I paid. Just the way if I pay someone to fit my kitchen and they go on a drug fuelled murder spree with the money I am not responsible for nor condoning that spree. Art stands alone from the artist.