• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Piichan

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
It's somewhat surprising because Roiland is apparently very irritated that the alt right and incels worship Rick and Morty to the point that later episodes almost directly try to contradict them. Which makes you wonder how JonTron is part of his "inner circle".

Could be Harmon's influence I guess.
I'm kinda just hopeful he honestly didn't know about Jontron's alt-right leanings, and will distance himself if he finds out. But who knows :(

Stuart Gipp

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, England
This is really disappointing, and at odds with themes in Roiland's other work (Rick & Morty, mostly). I really, really hope he'll come out and distance himself. Selfish perspective, but I really like Rick & Morty and was going to buy Trover today. Come on Roiland, give me something. So sick of this shit. Fuck white supremacists.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jablinski games have a walkthrough of Trover Saves the Universe on his YouTube page, which I just saw while searching for all this stuff. This can't bode well for Jack Black based on what I'm seeing in this thread.

Oh fuck off. When has Jack Black ever offended anyone? The guy is as nice as they come. It's pretty clear his video was a paid endorsement - we even saw the box of free shit Roiland included with the game, like those weird glasses.

Bloody hell...

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
And that Feb 15th tweet is him defending JonTron, I'm guessing?

Jablinski games have a walkthrough of Trover Saves the Universe on his YouTube page, which I just saw while searching for all this stuff. This can't bode well for Jack Black based on what I'm seeing in this thread.
For fuck's sake. Can we exercise a modicum of restraint and sense here?

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, Arin has done a lot of growing. And at some point shortly after Jon completely outed himself, the current Grumps were doing a live show where someone asked them if they were going to have Jon in an episode as a guest and they downright said that after everything that has come to light that they aren't ever bringing him back for anything.
I kind of figured that was the case about not having him back, but it's still good to hear that it was directly addressed.

And yeah, Arin seems to have made some big strides when it comes to being more understanding and having grown as a person over the years. There is a very noticable difference from now compared to when GG was staring.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You guys realize what Soulstoner wasn't said in good faith right?

Akuma-san メカ豪鬼

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
So I dont really know anything about this JonTron racist issues, so is there any direct evidence that he really is a white supremacist? And looking at the comments at the Trover commercial, I dont see any negatives comments or to be specific about this issues surrounding Jontron.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
So I dont really know anything about this JonTron racist issues, so is there any direct evidence that he really is a white supremacist? And looking at the comments at the Trover commercial, I dont see any negatives comments or to be specific about this issues surrounding Jontron.

no we just made it all up

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Oh fuck off. When has Jack Black ever offended anyone? The guy is as nice as they come. It's pretty clear his video was a paid endorsement - we even saw the box of free shit Roiland included with the game, like those weird glasses.

Bloody hell...
For fuck's sake. Can we exercise a modicum of restraint and sense here?
You are responding to a troll. He's doing a poor caricature trying to paint people's problems with JonTron as something it is not.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
These posts work 200% better if you have the theme from Curb Your Enthusiasm playing in your head.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Eh, as long as Rolland isn't the one saying this shit it's whatever.

We watch MCU movies even though RDJ stans for Mel Gibson.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I'm shocked the guy who made and voiced Rick & Morty, who consider being rude to a fan during a fan meet as a form of comedy seems shitty in person.

Nov 15, 2017
Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I'm so glad that mostly every time I click on one of these threads, I don't know anything about the people involved. Gaming youtube seems like such a shit bag...

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
It pisses me off how he's been able to just continue on like he didn't outright say wealthy black people are more likely to commit crimes than poor white people and argued for an ethnostate using the term "founding stock".

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
All of these people complaining about Jon Tron are misguided, we are just too used to our freedom of being able to buy McDonald's without a niqab to truly appreciate the greatness that is America.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
damn it, Justin. I'll always remember you as Christopher Cross.
Edit: this should have a timestamp of 2:51 embedded

From what I've heard, Jon has been trying to rebrand pretty heavily in he past few months, with new merch and a new intro and stuff. However, he's a white supremacist, so there are a bunch of people he can never get back.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
hmm not a huge R&M fan, but were there ever any clear pro-Nazi messages, hidden or otherwise?

what about this game, any problematic content..? to those who have played it

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
A few people were asking what Dan Harmon did in regards to sexual harassment.

He was called out by a former employee called Megan Ganz.

It's quite difficult to find the original call out as he apologized a week later.

https://twitter.com/meganganz/status/951373399929978881?lang=en
This is Megan mentioning the apology.

Vox (as well as a bunch of other people did a story on it.

This is why I enjoy listening to Harmontown, it's more an adventure into Harmon's mental health than anything and it's mega refreshing to hear someone be honest and frank about these things.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Disregarding JonTrons being a horrible human being, I find him painfully unfunny. How he has amassed such a following is beyond me.

I don't get it either. He's one of the least funny people I've had the misfortune to see a video of on YouTube, he has the personality of a wet fart and I've seen pets with more charisma. There's no redeeming features there at all. I guess most of his fans are kids with horrible sense of humours.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
Sigh. First nakey jakey and now this.

Still going to watch rick and morty but i just wish everyone didn't associate with this racist. Cmon man cmon

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not entirely sure I can get down with this "guilty by association" thing. JonTron has actively participated in racist behavior yet (I think) Justin has not. I mean it feels like going to trial for doing drugs when you have a friend who dabbles in crack. I get the need for ostracization of these racists and wanting them to be gone but it still feels like charging someone with a crime they didn't commit.

Fuck Jontron and Justin doesn't get a pass but I'm not throwing shade at him just yet until I actually see him participate in racist behavior.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not entirely sure I can get down with this "guilty by association" thing. JonTron has actively participated in racist behavior yet (I think) Trevor has not. I mean it feels like going to trial for doing drugs when you have a friend who dabbles in crack. I get the need for ostracization of these racists and wanting them to be gone but it still feels like charging someone with a crime they didn't commit.

Fuck Jontron and Trevor doesn't get a pass but I'm not throwing shade at him just yet until I actually see him participate in racist behavior.
Justin, not Trevor.

Also, JonTron hasn't just dabbled in "crack" he a full blown crackhead. That doesn't mean Rick and Morty should be canceled of course.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's interesting this is the post you respond to. All of your previous posts were about plausible deniability. Are you even gonna comment on them in light of the information brought up in the thread? Because it's pretty fucking weak to come back in here and just mock someone like that when you can't even stand by something you said yesterday.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Repeated history of dismissive and antagonistic behavior, accumulated infractions
It's interesting this is the post you respond to. All of your previous posts were about plausible deniability. Are you even gonna comment on them in light of the information brought up in the thread? Because it's pretty fucking weak to come back in here and just mock someone like that when you can't even stand by something you said yesterday.
Sorry I just woke up I'll go back and make sure to respond to everything you lectured me about wait here I'll just be a mo

Minky

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yikes, this is unfortunate.
I don't know much of Roiland's background, but any association with a shitbag like JT is enough to make me avoid like the plague.
And tbh I thought the last season of R&M sucked, so I can't say I'm too upset about dropping it.
RIP

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Not trying to defend anyone but is it possible Justin knows a majority of his audience hold similar views to the Far Right/Alt Right/Whatever and so is trying to market to that demographic. Not that its any better but I could definitely understand it from a marketing point of view. Of course he doesn't have to cater to that specific audience, he just can't alienate them.

Either way. Not the greatest of moves.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Justin Rolland is a libertarian post-newgrounds edgelord that busts unions. I'm already not giving him the time of day

Yes
Alright you heard the man. No one can buy videogames anymore. Might was well stop buying smartphones, clothing, and the 70-80% of all other goods and services that do not support unions.

I understand what you are saying and support unions and encourage starting them up everywhere, but it's not going to happen.