• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Don't think it's that, for me their songs just lack . . . something . . . if that makes sense. This, and Mr. Chu, are the only Apink songs I like for some reason:

Probably lacking that oomph especially when you're expecting it in Twinkle where Jiae just suddenly goes into the 딩동댕 part. Did you like Destiny by Lovelyz?

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
There is an unwritten law about kpop choruses or "killing parts" being always the studio version, probably because they want people to remember those parts, and it's better when it sounds exactly like the producer made it to sound. There are some exceptions to this, like the godlike Minx (now Dramcatcher) debut performances.

Siyeon lip syncs the high note at the end every time though. Never found a performance where she does it live.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
Uh oh there's a SNSD thread in OT. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a shitshow like most k-pop threads in OT of the old site.

That thread's kinda fascinating. Lots of people there who clearly have some knowledge of K-pop but don't seem(?) to come anywhere near this thread, displaying a whole range of emotions from disgust to shame to adoration (that Momo tattoo!).

This is good! I feel like they usually reserve their more exciting production choices for their B sides so it's great to hear that stuff applied to a title track for once. The song sounds more than a little Yasutaka Nakata-esque in parts, what with the chiptune elements and the bells during the bridge. Also props to the producer(s) for making the song sound Christmas-y without being too overbearing.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'd recommend you check out the rest of the tracks on the new Lovelyz album and every other one. Cameo is my favourite track on the R U Ready album, Just and Secret Garden are really well done on their new album.
Yeah they might not be top hits, but the huge majority is very listenable. Made me wonder if it's not one for the top album list this year.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Listen to this, thank me later. It's SO GOOD.

Pendulum

Oct 25, 2017
Another Red Velvet group teaser
idgnenl4g1yz.png

And "Kingdom Come" highlight teaser #2

-----

Epik High is releasing "We've Done Something Wonderful - The Instrumentals"

havokex

Oct 26, 2017
Watched this weeks RM. Wasn't as good as recent ones, but Joy looking good! Also I think Irene was showed for a whole of 5 minutes during the show.

JChung55

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I've been out of the K-pop scene for a couple years and am looking to get back in. I looked through the essential playlist and I was wondering if any of yall can point me to some acts I should follow.

Who are the hottest groups/singers going on now?

Also, I was a huge Big Bang mark, how are my boys doing?

CrimsonMina

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Another episode of Twice TV6 is out I don't know if it's subbed yet

That thread's kinda fascinating. Lots of people there who clearly have some knowledge of K-pop but don't seem(?) to come anywhere near this thread, displaying a whole range of emotions from disgust to shame to adoration (that Momo tattoo!).

Other than a few posts that thread went a lot better than I expected.

I can't believe that Momo tattoo lol. I love Twice but unless I was super drunk I couldn't ever see myself getting a Mina tattoo

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
NHK voted J-Line as top 3 Twice as well.

With Momo being the leader of the pack. I'm sure it was calculated on some level to have some Japanese members in the group to help them get their foot in the door there, but I doubt they thought it'd work out like this. It usually takes a couple years for groups to get invited to the KUG. I know they have a small tour planned in Japan early next year, but I wonder how JYP will handle Japan and SK in general now that they know how big TWICE are in Japan? They've already had a near non-stop schedule without even taking Japan into account. I know the J-Trinity want to do a performance in the Tokyo Dome, but that's not going to happen until 2019/2020 at the earliest.

Pendulum

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been out of the K-pop scene for a couple years and am looking to get back in. I looked through the essential playlist and I was wondering if any of yall can point me to some acts I should follow.

Who are the hottest groups/singers going on now?

Big Bang and SNSD still have their followings, but a starting point for the current gen big acts - BTS, EXO, Seventeen, Twice, Black Pink, Red Velvet.

Also, I was a huge Big Bang mark, how are my boys doing?

They released the "MADE" album last year that you will want to check out. G-Dragon also released a solo album this year (and featured on 2 tracks from 2 of the biggest Korean acts - IU and Zion T.). TOP enlisted as a conscripted policeman, but was tried for marijuana soon after and received two years of probation, with a possibility of ten months jail time if he violates any terms.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
Man I just don't get BTS and how they are so huge. Then again guy groups in general feel boring to me with the exception of BIG BANG.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Watched this weeks RM. Wasn't as good as recent ones, but Joy looking good! Also I think Irene was showed for a whole of 5 minutes during the show.
My first time watching RM in years. It was okay, I guess. The last challenge was the best part so I'm glad they showed a lot of it. Joy was entertaining the entire episode and Donghae's camera shtick was hilarious. Irene disappointed me, which is a shame because competitive games usually bring out her charms but this episode she was just so bland. :(

Oct 25, 2017
MBC's return has already paid off for me
After 100 years, Red Velvet is actually returning to Weekly Idol!

There's no denying it - here's a fancam of them going into the Weekly Idol studios!

For those not in the know, Red Velvet has had some of the most amazing episodes with Weekly Idol. They aren't the all time greats of the show, but each of their appearances has been great and def popular with Reveluvs. (The 2015 ep where Irene ironed is my personal fave.)

Anyway, no one thought they would ever return because in their last filming, a member of Red Velvet's staff got into a fight with Weekly Idol staff backstage. It got so bad the police were called in. Today, it seems, the solution was simply for him to not go to the taping.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My first time watching RM in years. It was okay, I guess. The last challenge was the best part so I'm glad they showed a lot of it. Joy was entertaining the entire episode and Donghae's camera shtick was hilarious. Irene disappointed me, which is a shame because competitive games usually bring out her charms but this episode she was just so bland. :(
The last one is their usual one for the end with a bit of variation. It's been the worst one from the last couple weeks, super sad when they had those six on there... Dong Hae had his moments in the begining, but was completely missing out of the end, Eunhyuk was really the star of that part.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
MBC's return has already paid off for me
After 100 years, Red Velvet is actually returning to Weekly Idol!

There's no denying it - here's a fancam of them going into the Weekly Idol studios!

For those not in the know, Red Velvet has had some of the most amazing episodes with Weekly Idol. They aren't the all time greats of the show, but each of their appearances has been great and def popular with Reveluvs. (The 2015 ep where Irene ironed is my personal fave.)

Anyway, no one thought they would ever return because in their last filming, a member of Red Velvet's staff got into a fight with Weekly Idol staff backstage. It got so bad the police were called in. Today, it seems, the solution was simply for him to not go to the taping.

Wasn't Weekly Idol unaffected by the strike?

Correctomundo, Weekly Idol is under MBCEvery1, a cable company that runs under the MBC name, sort of like KBS2 hence unaffected from the MBC strike. It also explains why there is also new Show Champion lives but not any Music Core lives.

Pendulum

Oct 25, 2017
Man I just don't get BTS and how they are so huge. Then again guy groups in general feel boring to me with the exception of BIG BANG.

You don't understand how attractive guys dancing well to good songs can garner a huge following?

I stand corrected but you gotta admit the news is still a surprise

They're a popular group from SM. I'd be surprised if they had never appeared on the show again.

AgentChris

Oct 26, 2017
Big Bang and SNSD still have their followings, but a starting point for the current gen big acts - BTS, EXO, Seventeen, Twice, Black Pink, Red Velvet.

They released the "MADE" album last year that you will want to check out. G-Dragon also released a solo album this year (and featured on 2 tracks from 2 of the biggest Korean acts - IU and Zion T.). TOP enlisted as a conscripted policeman, but was tried for marijuana soon after and received two years of probation, with a possibility of ten months jail time if he violates any terms.
Taeyang also released a new album that was pretty good.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The last one is their usual one for the end with a bit of variation. It's been the worst one from the last couple weeks, super sad when they had those six on there... Dong Hae had his moments in the begining, but was completely missing out of the end, Eunhyuk was really the star of that part.
Oh, really? I should watch RM more often. You're right, Eunhyuk was great at the end. His relationship with So-min was really cute.

I hope none of you here are in Jinyoung's chat right now.

IEGGu4o.png
LOL. Grandma Irene still shaking Korea with her beauty. When will their faves?

Wait, what happened?

ultra bawl

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Been listening to Astro's latest today and it's just lovely. Feel like I'm becoming my own granny because I keep thinking "they seem like such nice laddies."

pinkurocket

Oct 26, 2017
Been listening to Astro's latest today and it's just lovely. Feel like I'm becoming my own granny because I keep thinking "they seem like such nice laddies."

They are such ultra sweet boys. Then I was bombarded with shirtless pics from a concert they did earlier this year. Totally felt off-brand for such a pure group. But it's true, their music is always nice. I still think 'Confession' is their best though.

Relaxer

Nov 14, 2017
Great thread, I look forward to reading it.

So far this year, I've been really into 9Muses' Love City, Cosmic Girls' Babyface, Pristin's We Like, April's Mayday and especially Blackpink's Boombayah.

ultra bawl

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
They are such ultra sweet boys. Then I was bombarded with shirtless pics from a concert they did earlier this year. Totally felt off-brand for such a pure group. But it's true, their music is always nice. I still think 'Confession' is their best though.
Oh I just Googled this, let me change "nice laddies" to "nice twinks."

They've actually only been on my radar for their last two mini-albums so I've still to go back and check the rest out.

Status
Not open for further replies.