Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I have a no solicitors emblem near the doorbell too. I wasn't aware it justified killing anyone who comes to the door.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Yes I also just jump to shooting people because I hate salespeople.

Any defense for the poor old man that killed the giant black man invading his property.

Again, let him rot.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad to hear that he is recovering well.
Agreed about the amount of craziness/paranoia on Nextdoor. Lots of miserable people who see everyone as a threat.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-eu.s3.amazonaws.com%2F898e9008-fbdc-11e8-aebf-99e208d3e521

why is that even being brought up, who gives a shit. He shot someone

Jan 7, 2021
Not surprising at all. The whole network convinces its viewership that they are all at deaths door and everyone is coming for them. His ex wife spoke out saying he was a loud and violent guy

Sep 8, 2020
So, the old dude has a flimsy ass excuse while Ralph Yarl pulls through. I can't imagine the heinous bullshit he'd have concocted had Mr. Yarl. Been murdered. And it would have been MURDER.

Old fuck sitting around just waiting for an excuse to pop off against a minority. Then claims this kid is a giant. Reinforces the idea that black kids don't get to be kids. They're all adults. Honestly, reminds me of this and I can't stop shaking my head

ef3f34fa-2ec0-4d89-99a3-f8f1d76c8ddb_text.gif

Mar 11, 2020
Jan 18, 2018
Ugh this makes my heart hurt. I'm glad he's recovering. Our kids deserve a world where they don't have to worry about racist oppressors.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine the heinous bullshit he'd have concocted had Mr. Yarl. Been murdered.
I think the more frustrating thing would've been that the majority of America would've absolutely taken his side of the story at face value, or at the very least cast doubt that he had bad intentions. Fact is, everyone at this point knows- whether consciously or deep, deep down- that all of these wanton executions of Black people at the hands of private citizens and law enforcement for minor infractions or not doing anything at all are obviously barbaric and reflect a shitty moral and cultural character, but it's harder to simply admit that than to make up a reason that absolves white America of its sins. Same shit since slavery.

CanadianGoose

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 23, 2023

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Mom was watching some show on a channel called Newsnation and I was pretty sus of the channel after I saw an ad for one of their news segments and found out they are one of those "We only report the facts" channels that's super right leaning. Anyways later in the day we turned the tv back on and they had on Bill O'Reilly talking about this very case complaining about rioters/looters and how naturally the old bastard would be afraid the kid "Was up to no good"

Fuck him.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Mom was watching some show on a channel called Newsnation and I was pretty sus of the channel after I saw an ad for one of their news segments and found out they are one of those "We only report the facts" channels that's super right leaning. Anyways later in the day we turned the tv back on and they had on Bill O'Reilly talking about this very case complaining about rioters/looters and how naturally the old bastard would be afraid the kid "Was up to no good"

Fuck him.

Yoooooo Newsnation! Got advertisements/commercials about it back when I had cable and I always gave it the side-eye.

"The far right says this. The far left says that. We'll only report the facts and let you decide." Eye-rolly middle-road bullshit. But whatever. Until finally one of their commercials shows one of their anchors interviewing fuckin Rittenhouse. That gave the game away lmao

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Yoooooo Newsnation! Got advertisements/commercials about it back when I had cable and I always gave it the side-eye.

"The far right says this. The far left says that. We'll only report the facts and let you decide." Eye-rolly middle-road bullshit. But whatever. Until finally one of their commercials shows one of their anchors interviewing fuckin Rittenhouse. That gave the game away lmao
Yepppp the reason I was sus of them was because the ad blurb was talking about how Chinese secret police were in the US!!! Oh noessssssssss, along with some piece about how more cities are in love with Police and do not want to defund them in anyways.

My light googling revealed that the "Chinese Secret Police" office they were reporting on was just a Chinese org that helps Chinese Immigrants with legal documents like getting driver's licenses... also there was a glowing review on DeSantis and how he needs to keep focused on states rights if he wants to become president. 🙄

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
When the family is throwing him under the bus, you know he's been a piece of shit his entire life.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
i feel like some of yall need to get on nextdoor to see how fucking crazy some of your neighbors are.

i swear more than half the email notifications i get are "suspicious person" "suspicious car" "my car was broken into, what kind of world do we live in"

some of these people i swear to god are literally afraid of life.

Yeah, one of my favorites was someone pointing out a "suspicious" van that would pick up kids from a school bus stop every day, and it was suspicious because it was a white van without any markings. Turns out it was a home for special needs kids that would pick up kids from the bus stop, and it didn't have any markings because they didn't want to embarrass the kids getting into the van. Our society has completely destroyed the idea of a community and we are just taught to be fearful of everyone else.

Yeah, I use to moderate our Nexdoor. You should see the post that get removed.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I bet it doesn't normally take them 3 days to gather enough evidence when someone gets shot in the head to decide to charge or not. What if the victim had died, why would they need to wait? I suspect they had decided already not to charge already and now realize they can't get away with it.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Mom sues man facing charges for shooting 16-year-old boy in head 'without warning or provocation' after teen rang doorbell on wrong house, alleges 'racial animus'

The mother of a boy who was shot in the head at 16 years old after ringing the wrong doorbell just over a year ago is suing the Kansas City, Missouri, man facing charges, claiming the shooting was completely unprovoked and that the suspect had "racial animus."

The lawsuit filed Monday in Clay County Circuit Court seeks to hold both Andrew Lester, 85, and his homeowners association accountable for the life-altering shooting.
Ralph Yarl, early 18 and identified only as P.R.Y. in the lawsuit, "posed no threat to anyone" and was only looking to bring his two brothers, twins, home from a nearby friend's house on April 13, 2023, when he "mistakenly and inadvertently" rang Lester's doorbell — only to be shot "multiple times" by the resident "without warning or provocation,"
But plaintiff Cleo Nagbe, suing on her son's behalf, also alleged that Highland Acres Homes Association, Inc., should be liable for the same, since it either knew or should have known that Lester had a "propensity for violence," had "access to dangerous weapons," and had "racial animus" against Yarl, who is Black.

"On information and belief, Defendant, Highland Acres Homes Association Inc., failed to warn" Yarl "of the known danger posed by" Lester, the petition said.
After the shooting, attorney S. Lee Merritt, one of the attorneys who filed the lawsuit, said that Yarl was "shot in the head by a white man who didn't want him on his property."

"He shot him a 2nd time for emphasis,"
Merritt said.
Lester reportedly admitted during a 911 call that he shot Yarl while "scared to death" and under the belief that a home break-in was afoot. First-degree assault and armed criminal action charges followed, but the case won't go to trial until October.
As Yarl ran for his life, Lester allegedly said, "Don't come around here."

lawandcrime.com

Mom of 16-year-old boy shot in head after ringing wrong home's doorbell sues man facing charges

The mother of a teen boy shot in the head after ringing the wrong doorbell has filed a lawsuit claiming the shooter had "racial animus."

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Mom sues man facing charges for shooting 16-year-old boy in head 'without warning or provocation' after teen rang doorbell on wrong house, alleges 'racial animus'

lawandcrime.com

Mom of 16-year-old boy shot in head after ringing wrong home's doorbell sues man facing charges

The mother of a teen boy shot in the head after ringing the wrong doorbell has filed a lawsuit claiming the shooter had "racial animus."
Dude might actually die of natural causes before October