• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite track?

• One of the basura trio (ITAKY, Yikes, All Mine)

Votes: 100 21.6%
  • Wouldn't Leave

Votes: 17 3.7%
  • No Mistakes (Jmon certified)

Votes: 39 8.4%
  • Ghost Town

Votes: 248 53.7%
  • Violent Crimes

Votes: 58 12.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Literally everyone I speak to tells me what the albums supposed to be about and they're all different things, the album is just bad and adding these borderline made up stories about it makes it even worse. How are you going to tell me it's a gospel album ? The album where he made songs sound completely different and changed the track list order multiple times DOES NOT have a cohesive story or theme. The album shoulda been advertised as "ye's playlist' or "kanye le random lul XD" . It was put together in a hurry, it used songs that woulda been deleted in the final cuts of his other albums, it has some of the most annoying kanye songs , it has THE Worst kanye song ever (saint Pablo)

I'll say it again, TLOP is a stain on ye's discography. He had no where to go but up after that shit. And this album is a good answer to people like me who doubted him after that tidal advertisement gone wrong
Nah it's pretty obvious. Starts with a high point on ULB talking about faithful Kanye before becoming successful, FSMH still has the gospel vibes but Ye is becoming famous and focusing on them less, he abuses money and people in famous and feedback, low lights shows the religion aspect again except now Kanye isn't present at all, Highlights is Kanye celebrating his lavish sinful lifestyle (using Christianity merely as a hollow shoe pun instead or an actual real element of his life), Freestyle is the low point of his depravity, Waves is Kanye struggling with loss and turning to faith for the first time in years as a result, FML is kanye's realization that he needs to stop acting the way he's been acting or he'll lose what he cares about most, Real friends is Kanye trying to reconnect with the people he abandoned in famous (notice how the song has the same drumbeat as famous too) and wolves is Kanye pledging to do better in the future for the people he loves

Saint Pablo an an epilogue examines Kanye post-TLOP and how he's already begun to slip away from himself again and he acknowledges that the struggle between faithful family man Kanye and sinful vapid and vain Kanye might never end.

This new album seems like an acknowledgement that he lost that fight.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
everything about your post is subjective and i respect it (even though i really really disagree) but I will NOT tolerate saint pablo hate

that sampha hook
the piano
the mike dean synths

it's right up there with Bound 2 and Lost in The World as GOAT closers

I'm with you!
When that beat kicks in at the start of the track and later those synths, it just works for me.

UGY.gif

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
remember when Ye ruined Wolves though?
everything about your post is subjective and i respect it (even though i really really disagree) but I will NOT tolerate saint pablo hate

that sampha hook
the piano
the mike dean synths

it's right up there with Bound 2 and Lost in The World as GOAT closers
I fuck with you hard my dude.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the album cover is one of those shots from the livestream while it was still light out

Man, that looked gorgeous.

Deleted member 20066

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Literally everyone I speak to tells me what the albums supposed to be about and they're all different things, the album is just bad and adding these borderline made up stories about it makes it even worse. How are you going to tell me it's a gospel album ? The album where he made songs sound completely different and changed the track list order multiple times DOES NOT have a cohesive story or theme. The album shoulda been advertised as "ye's playlist' or "kanye le random lul XD" . It was put together in a hurry, it used songs that woulda been deleted in the final cuts of his other albums, it has some of the most annoying kanye songs , it has THE Worst kanye song ever (saint Pablo)

I'll say it again, TLOP is a stain on ye's discography. He had no where to go but up after that shit. And this album is a good answer to people like me who doubted him after that tidal advertisement gone wrong
Woah we have vastly different opinions. Saint Pablo is legit one of my fav Kanye songs and I think The Life of Pablo is as awesome as the rest of his discography.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
WHAT THE FUCK

God tier taste

no jokes, Lost in The World is maybe the most euphoric song I've ever heard. that shit lifts my goddamn soul

I'm with you!
When that beat kicks in at the start of the track and later those synths, it just works for me.

UGY.gif

the way those synths pan ear to ear >>>>
the way the synths stretch out at the 3:53 mark >>>>

outstanding track.

I fuck with you hard my dude.

appreciate you, the energy

very wavy

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I'm pretty sure fade was second to last, and FML before it. Maybe I'm remembering wrong
MSG stream ended with Wolves but once he put out TLOP 1.0 on Tidal it added all those extra tracks like NMPILA and it ended with Fade.

TLOP 2.0 made a bunch changes to songs and brought it to Spotify etc.

TLOP 3.0 added Saint Pablo as the closer.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all remember when he debuted Black Skinhead on SNL?

On my mama that's still one of the best live performances I've EVER heard. The fucking intensity he had the entire time

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Y'all remember when he debuted Black Skinhead on SNL?

On my mama that's still one of the best live performances I've EVER heard. The fucking intensity he had the entire time

tbh i prefer that new slaves performance from the same SNL episode. shit was cray, with the flashing imagery going on in the background with the price tags and whatnot

New Slaves with him just growling every time he had to censor himself was godly too

tumblr_mn22p2LTId1r97xhxo1_500.gif

tumblr_o1ope9FvOb1uodmddo1_500.gif

amazing

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Some Day is a top 5 all time Kanye track. God damn. Relistened to it, and song 3 is the only song I don't fuck with yet.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Love that song so much. I used to say it was his bohemian rhapsody and I think I stick by that statement

Yup, it's gorgeous. OT idk what some of y'all heard but this is not up there with his best world. I'll definitely return to one ( Someday) maaaaybe two songs, it's not bad besides the one " cum" line, but it's nowhere near the heights he's hit before

Spine_Ripper

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I think we can all agree on is that finally, after 5 years, Kanye is actively trying to not speak into the mic when he raps. Yeezus and TLOP both have some great lines that are ruined by monotone delivery. Thank fuck somebody finally told him to step it up.

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
That video was cool and it brought be back, I need to dig up my old harddrive and get that OG FML and fade on my phone
I only have the old versions. Rip the album off tidal the second it was put up, cancelled my sub. The lack of drums on some of those changes mess with my brain.

Someone made a full version of wilves with frank, sia and whoever else all on the song. Ive listened to that bootleg version more than the real release

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I only have the old versions. Rip the album off tidal the second it was put up, cancelled my sub. The lack of drums on some of those changes mess with my brain.

Someone made a full version of wilves with frank, sia and whoever else all on the song. Ive listened to that bootleg version more than the real release
but the updated version of wolves is just a better condensed version of that bootleg

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I only heard a couple of songs but I thought they sucked. I was so ready to love it too. I'll save final judgement for when I hear the whole album of course. I think Ye's rapping ability is starting to bother me (I never cared that it sucked before). Maybe it's because he's coming a week after Pusha and Adidon

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
Who said we let that go?

The majority of people itt aren't going to actually BUY this album or BUY concert tickets/merch.

TBH I don't see the problem as long as people aren't lining his pockets.

true, i'm personally not trying to give dude mindshare but i'm admittedly gonna be on this nas album
and if y'all plan on sampling it without even streaming...i mean, i can't hate. that tweet was for people still riding for & supporting him

The Mad Mango

Oct 27, 2017
Solid album. Didn't really speak to me, but I'm not a megafan, mostly I just like College Dropout, 808s, and Yeezus.

The chorus for Menacing is real good. I appreciate the brevity of the album.

Anytime Kanye did a spoken word, it sounded like a crazy person talking to himself.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
You best believe I am not gonna give this man money

already tried to make the thread more about a different shitty but much less impactful artist than him

with that said thank you for posting this

i know this is killin you, fam
impressed you still kept your word making the OT & tried to steer it other ways, props for the 180 on dude when he went past that line - not a lotta folks can take & keep a stand like that

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
What are you guys talking about isn't 69 a fucking pedophile piece of trash ? Who has way more of an impact on the younger audience then kanye "old man" West?? I'm at a loss for words

Status
Not open for further replies.