• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I went to the grocery store after work to get some essentials... and decided to check the box in my store...

IMG_20171026_181733070.jpg

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Unlike with the Red Cross pool safety poster, I can't imagine how this WASN'T intentional. I'm not saying that everyone who saw this understood the implications and let it slide. But the person who made it had to know what they were doing. What would be the reasoning for just the janitor to be brown?

Oct 25, 2017
Unlike with the Red Cross pool safety poster, I can't imagine how this WASN'T intentional. I'm not saying that everyone who saw this understood the implications and let it slide. But the person who made it had to know what they were doing. What would be the reasoning for just the janitor to be brown?

Nah, it could be as simple as the person who drew it associates dark-skinned people with janitors, and everyone else up the chain either had the same association or didn't notice. Can be a textbook example of unexamined unconscious biases.

After all the "white and gold" stuff on the internet, I did have to double-check in Photoshop to make sure that the difference in shade wasn't an illusion; the "brown" corn pop is definitely slightly but clearly darker.