• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll bring back the cassette tape system from Phantom Pain in some form, that was a really cool feature.

Considering they straight up made a song named after a Metal Gear location. That's not even remotely surprising.

Such a good album and song. I always wondered if it was named after Metal gear and it's even cooler now that I know it was!

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people angry?

This sounds pretty cool.

Also I really hope people arent getting Khalid confused with DJ Khaled

This is Khalid

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
so, 'original music inspired by the game', with the understanding that 'the game' doing the inspiring hasn't even been finished, never mind been played by anyone? alright, then...

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
so, 'original music inspired by the game', with the understanding that 'the game' doing the inspiring hasn't even been finished, never mind been played by anyone? alright, then...
game is like 2 months out lol, it's basically done at this point, pretty sure kojima had a decent chunk to show off to them

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017

The game has been finished for months now....lots of people have played it. Where do you think media and impressions come from?

Music studios contract artists for music like this all the time, and they give them exclusive previews for the sole purpose. How do think stuff like this is made?

Nov 2, 2017
Interesting, i'm interpreting this as similar to Kendrick Lamar's Black Panther inspired album. If this is anything like that then i'm looking forward to the album more than the game.

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
Yay I can finally be (actually have been for a while) the old man that's completely our of the loop!

That's not how you spell Churches young man!

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, but I'm more excited for the games actual soundtrack after the awesome work Ludvig Forssell did on MGSV.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I trust Kojima when it comes to music. His use of a Garbage song in the MGS5 trailer is still fucking amazing and was totally out of left field.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kojima's is serious when it comes to music, and his taste is alway on point. So i'm interested.

xinoart

Oct 27, 2017
Yay I can finally be (actually have been for a while) the old man that's completely our of the loop!

That's not how you spell Churches young man!
Actually the story of why it's named Chvrches is smart. They named it that so when family and friends searched for them on google, images and locations of real churches wouldn't show up. It's smart forward thinking.

Also I'm almost 42. You can never be too old. If you claim you are, then you're just giving up on finding something new.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would like to know what the bite rate of the album will be. Hopefully audiophile Kojima won't let us down.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
NIce to see Chvrches in there, not the first time they've done some songs for a video game. Warning Call in ME was pretty sweet.

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
Actually the story of why it's named Chvrches is smart. They named it that so when family and friends searched for them on google, images and locations of real churches wouldn't show up. It's smart forward thinking.

Also I'm almost 42. You can never be too old. If you claim you are, then you're just giving up on finding something new.

Sure, I agree.
I just find some fun in playing the old man yelling at clouds routine from time to time. And also, I genuinely hadn't listened to any of the artists listed.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
looking at the charts, none of their other albums or singles did as well as the tbowyb and its singles. personally i loved the first album, thought the second one was just ok and found the last one downright unlistenable.

Where do you get this information from?
https://www.billboard.com/articles/...dead-leads-top-rock-albums-alternative-albums

Every open eye was an amazing follow up to their debut. I don't like Love is Dead as much but it gave us the fantastic Hansa sessions so I'm fine with it.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Found some of the lyrics, leaked on Reddit:
In Khalid's music video he's going to be on top of a decrepit yacht in the middle of a crater, swaying to a sick beat.

little fucking babies in chest bowls
yeah little fucking babies
in chest bowls
all around me, little BTs
ITT: People who think baby faced super nice and extremely talented R&B singer Khalid is obnoxious "I'm DJ Khaled" DJ Khaled 😂

Also, people know this isn't DJ Khaled right? Or am I being bamboozled.
I think it might be just us.

Idle Talk

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be shocked if Evanescence wasn't one of the artists on this album.

Kojima is a big fan of them. They're also working on a new album right now.

Nikokuno

Unshakable Resolve
Jul 22, 2019
Khalid is great, never listen to CHVRCHES and Major Lazer is kinda average ...

xinoart

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, I agree.
I just find some fun in playing the old man yelling at clouds routine from time to time. And also, I genuinely hadn't listened to any of the artists listed.
Gotcha!

I'm sure you have actually heard Major Lazer playing somewhere before. It's been in stores over the loudspeakers, tv shows, movies, commercials, etc. I find it pretty great and I like how it's multicultural as well.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I don't know who are these people, so it's safe to say that I'm a virgin for their music style.

The first time I could/would hear them is via playing the game November later I guess.

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Neat! All in for Chvrches but Khalid and Major Lazer are cool choices too.

Kind of baffled as to why people would be upset about this... Just don't listen to the album?