• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ghornett

Nov 16, 2017
I wouldn't mind a Screencast Daily. It could be 10-30 minutes. Essentially Games Daily, but much shorter. That way they can react the day of a major announcement and not be days behind. Very rarely do the things they discuss break that day. For instance, the Mulan trailer hit on Sunday. It took almost a week for them to bring it up. On the old Morning Show, it would've been on that Monday's episode. Maybe they could still have a proper Screencast at the end of the week for more in depth discussions of a particular topic.
The slash film team does this and it's really good.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
It is a bit disappointing sometimes with GoG/KFP focuses so much on some visual thing that's going on. A lot of that was happening in the recent epiosde. Not good if I'm not in the position to watch. (Which I'm usually not, I only turn these on when I'm doing something)

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I like listening to screencast anyway, y'know since it's there. But I do agree that KFMS was goat and I loved how much more often we'd get to get everyone's opinions on trailers/news asap.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Confirmed: John Drake's new job is at Disney Games (congrats! Dream job) and Andrea René will eventually be leaving Kinda Funny because she will be moving to LA

ghornett

Nov 16, 2017
Good for them! VP at Disney is serious business. But another hit KF didn't need right now. Sounds like she will be around for a couple months still.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I'm sure this thread will suddenly be happy and wont at all just find the next person to constantly complain about at KF.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The GameCast can't catch a break, can it? People keep leaving it.

I think they will need yet another hire. I don't think it will work with Fran, Tim, and Greg.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Sounds exciting for them. And excited to see what it means for Disney; sounds like they're ramping up their licencing for games which is interesting. Hopefully following what they've been doing with Marvel rather than Star Wars...

But yeah can't say I'll miss Andrea on KF. Wonder who else there is to bring in as a regular? Greg's talked before about how specific the criteria is; you basically need someone who lives in SF but doesn't work full-time so can come in during the day and can accommodate their constantly shifting schedule. That applies to so few people.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds exciting for them. And excited to see what it means for Disney; sounds like they're ramping up their licencing for games which is interesting. Hopefully following what they've been doing with Marvel rather than Star Wars...

But yeah can't say I'll miss Andrea on KF. Wonder who else there is to bring in as a regular? Greg's talked before about how specific the criteria is; you basically need someone who lives in SF but doesn't work full-time so can come in during the day and can accommodate their constantly shifting schedule. That applies to so few people.
I was going to suggest Lucy James, but she works full time at GameSpot.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Andrea Rena leaving is very sad but good for them really Disney is a ducking paycheck and a half!!!!! John is about to make fucking bank! I will miss Andrea but I'm glad she is supporting her husband and going with him. Hell she could probably become a stay at home mom with that Disney paycheck if she wants haha

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
Not sure if it's a popular or welcome opinion, but I'm thrilled to hear she's leaving. I've enjoyed her on KF less than Jared.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017

Hopefully good things are coming for Star Wars games. While I don't think the EA games are as bad as the internet thinks they are, I still think the IP has been very underutilized.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Even if Disney ends the exclusive contract with EA I still expect Respawn and DICE to keep making Star Wars games for the foreseeable future

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I hope their next host Gamescast is someone who actually plays a decent amount games. Currently, the lineup is Tim (Nintendo games and almost nothing else), Greg (GAAS and occasional indie titles), and Fran (GAAS). Gamescast will truly be the GAAScast if they don't snap up someone with a diverse taste quick.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
I'd like to see more love for RPGs on the show. I feel like that's been a glaring omission from KF, since, well, you know.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder who they would even bring in. Maybe no one (at least for now). I currently can't think of anyone who is available to join them.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
I know he's too busy, but I wish we could see more of Gary. He's by far my favourite guest contributor.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
Feel like they should just maybe double down on Games Daily and call it a day on Gamescast. It's redundant and they just don't play enough of a variety. Make Games Daily have a what you've been playing segment or something.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like they should just maybe double down on Games Daily and call it a day on Gamescast. It's redundant and they just don't play enough of a variety. Make Games Daily have a what you've been playing segment or something.

While I don't think they need to do something that drastic, I do recall, in the months preceding the Colin drama, people complained about how much he dragged the energy of the show down. As a potential solution, I suggested (at the old site) that they make the Gamescast a monthly show instead of a weekly one. Then, it sorted itself out with Colin leaving and KF hiring the part-timers/creating KFGD. Gamescast started feeling energetic again. Maybe they can retool some stuff, but I don't think it needs to be axed (not yet at least).

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
They fixed the energy problem, but they still haven't fixed the content problem. You can extract enough good discussion out of 4-episodes to make one engaging podcast. They don't play enough to justify a weekly Gamescast IMO.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame they can't hire someone who works at IGN or GameSpot to fill in. Lots of good options there. Maybe Andy could do it?

Last edited:

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I wouldn't mind seeing Andy or even Barrett taking the fourth spot on GC. At least they'd bring something new to the table.

I know people think Andy can be a little too jokey at times but I think a lot of that comes down to nerves and not being comfortable on camera. I think if he was on the show every week he'd probably be a lot better.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I wouldn't mind seeing Andy or even Barrett taking the fourth spot on GC. At least they'd bring something new to the table.

I know people think Andy can be a little too jokey at times but I think a lot of that comes down to nerves and not being comfortable on camera. I think if he was on the show every week he'd probably be a lot better.
I like both of them but I don't think they would really expand or enrich the discussion.
Another woman would be nice. Not because there's a quota or anything but you know, different voices.
And someone who plays genres the other guys seldom touch.

I was recently thinking about this for no reason whatsoever but I love how the bombcast has evolved over the years in terms of the games they discuss. The GB crew has really expanded their horizons. Even "old-timers" like Brad and Jeff. And that's because new staff members exposed them to different things. That's what KF needs in terms of videogame discussion right now.

I think Kalle Plagge or Alexa formerly from What's Good Games would have been great picks but I don't think they're available sadly.

Anyway, I was not a fan of Andrea but good luck to her in LA.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
I think some of the comments come off as alittle strong but I am happy Andrea is moving on to better things and opportunity's. She has a very particular strongarm view when it came to certain topics and it definetly turned me off from listening to some of the episodes, especially when she is *wrong* about a topic and won't stand down, its bloody needed sometimes but when its more directed towards defending publishers/companies its hard to listen to her.

Last edited:

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
Sorry, can someone fill me in on why there is so much hate against Andrea Renee? She seemed okay just based on what I've seen from her.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Sorry, can someone fill me in on why there is so much hate against Andrea Renee? She seemed okay just based on what I've seen from her.

Basically what the post above you says; she's very strongly opinionated and has a tendency to double-down on things even when she's demonstrably wrong. She'd tend to dig in on a point or an opinion even when everyone was disagreeing with her and then, when proved wrong, she'd just shrug it off or try to change what her point was. A good example was in a recent Gamescast where she was trying to argue that the main reason for PS4's early success was having Bloodbourne as an exclusive and she referred to it as a "launch game". When Tim said that it came out a year and a half after launch, she starting changing the point she'd been trying to make originally and it was all very weird.

This was particularly annoying on KFGD where there's an entire segment dedicated to people pointing out when the hosts have been wrong.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
Andrea insisted for 6+ months that Nintendo had blown their load by releasing BOTW and Odyssey in the first year of the Switch, and only began to concede after Tim and Brittney proved her wrong multiple times on two separate shows. Then when the Smash sales came out, she basically grilled Greg on air for specific details about the sales in a weird attempt to prove the reports were misguided.

These sort of things earned her the illustrious title of 'red Colin' on YouTube.

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
Basically what the post above you says; she's very strongly opinionated and has a tendency to double-down on things even when she's demonstrably wrong. She'd tend to dig in on a point or an opinion even when everyone was disagreeing with her and then, when proved wrong, she'd just shrug it off or try to change what her point was. A good example was in a recent Gamescast where she was trying to argue that the main reason for PS4's early success was having Bloodbourne as an exclusive and she referred to it as a "launch game". When Tim said that it came out a year and a half after launch, she starting changing the point she'd been trying to make originally and it was all very weird.

This was particularly annoying on KFGD where there's an entire segment dedicated to people pointing out when the hosts have been wrong.

Thanks, I haven't picked up on it yet but ive only started listening to KFGD just recently. I actually remember Andrea more from her time on Gametrailers a few years ago.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I've literally never seen her called "red Colin", but that's funny.

Anyway I'm gonne miss her. Yeah she has bad moments, which can be real bad, but the vast majority of the time she is super chill and cool. This is super saddening for me!

flUfsC1.gif

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not being able to admit you're wrong is a bad trait to have. Despite this, I enjoyed Andrea's presence on the shows. She will be missed, and she was in a lot of content. Going to be hard to replace.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Happy grandpa Greg is perfect.

Tim and Andy : broken by life and about to become Last of Us 3 NPCs. Andy especially, he looks like he's about to give one hell of a speech about loss and forgiveness.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If anyone wants to see more Andrea they should watch/listen to What's Good Games. That show is her at her best, plus Brit and Steimer are also great. They mellow her out a lot, and it's rare to find a gaming podcast of all women (I can only think of WGG and Axe of the Blood God off the top of my head).

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If anyone wants to see more Andrea they should watch/listen to What's Good Games. That show is her at her best, plus Brit and Steimer are also great. They mellow her out a lot, and it's rare to find a gaming podcast of all women (I can only think of WGG and Axe of the Blood God off the top of my head).
I usually listen to this too. It's pretty good. I think with moving to LA, Andrea and Steimer will be in studio together.

ghornett

Nov 16, 2017
I've tried multiple times with WGG. I like the cast in theory but I just can't get into them. It was easier with Alexa (who was barely there). It's not "serious" enough. I know KF isn't either but they seem even less so. Plus with KFGD and Gamescast it just is a lot of the same stuff over and over again. Also Andrea constantly saying "as I said on KFGD..."