• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather they hire someone whos very knowledgable about the industry and has different tastes to the rest of them.

A Jared Petty if you will.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
They were more prominent earlier but haters and colin stansstans

I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I've been seeing that a lot recently. When I watched Easy Allies react to the Electronic Arts stream, a lot of commenters were blasting Greg for "betraying" Colin. I know there are many people who don't like Greg, but come on! There are those who hate Greg for his association with Colin and there are those who hate Greg for his disassociation with Colin. The latter was the right thing to do for Greg and KF, but there are people who seem like they'll never, for any reason, forgive Greg for the former, even though Greg was hardly the only prominent video game personality to be friends with and supportive of him (and some still are). It's like a no win situation. I'm glad he has a thick skin.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
How is it a no win situation? Colin fans are cancerous toxic trash as they continuously prove. Disassociating with them was the win. This shit would be way worse except targeting towards all the people on the side of receiving abuse speaking out as it was before. Like what a pathetic life to not get over it.

Enjoyed the discussion between Tim, Greg, Brandon and Brad. Also had the impression everyone was a bit more rested than on other days.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I've been seeing that a lot recently. When I watched Easy Allies react to the Electronic Arts stream, a lot of commenters were blasting Greg for "betraying" Colin. I know there are many people who don't like Greg, but come on! There are those who hate Greg for his association with Colin and there are those who hate Greg for his disassociation with Colin. The latter was the right thing to do for Greg and KF, but there are people who seem like they'll never, for any reason, forgive Greg for the former, even though Greg was hardly the only prominent video game personality to be friends with and supportive of him (and some still are). It's like a no win situation. I'm glad he has a thick skin.

To be honest, the whole narrative of Greg "betraying" Colin always seems so bizarre to me. People seem to forget that Colin wasn't fired or pushed out; he quit. And he didn't quit over a tweet or anything, he quit because the direction he wanted to take KF was not where the rest of them wanted to go. Not even politically, just in terms of what the company should be.

I don't know it just seemed like certain people always wanted to create this massive drama out of it which just wasn't there and it sucks that KF still have to deal with that 2+ years later.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
To be honest, the whole narrative of Greg "betraying" Colin always seems so bizarre to me. People seem to forget that Colin wasn't fired or pushed out; he quit. And he didn't quit over a tweet or anything, he quit because the direction he wanted to take KF was not where the rest of them wanted to go. Not even politically, just in terms of what the company should be.

I don't know it just seemed like certain people always wanted to create this massive drama out of it which just wasn't there and it sucks that KF still have to deal with that 2+ years later.
I mean, Colin was going around interviewing basically saying he felt let down and hurt and betrayed by Greg and them for not standing up for him and now their friendship is over. It's a little more than just business disagreements.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone would have minded Jared as much if Tim and/or Greg had even tried to reign him in a bit. Jared is great and insightful but his long winded and hyperbolic tangents got old when you heard them on a regular basis.

A major problem with their games coverage is everyone besides Andrea seems deathly afraid of anything resembling confrontation even if it's a "Okay we need to move on."

Last edited:

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed Jared. This thread was constant Jared bashing when he was on though.
True, which was a shame tbh.
I don't think anyone would have minded Jared as much if Tim and/or Greg had even tried to reign him in a bit. Jared is great and insightful but his long winded and hyperbolic tangents got old when you heard them on a regular basis.

A major problem with their games coverage is everyone besides Andrea seems deathly afraid of anything resembling confrontation even if it's a "Okay we need to move on."
True, he could sometimes ramble, but I usually found those tangents interesting. Even if he got off-topic he always had something substantive to say.

Andrea is too confrontational if anything, she doesn't handle conflict well. And I say this as a big fan of hers and patreon supporter for WGG. She has a hard time admitting when she's wrong about something (which is hard for anyone, tbf, but sometimes the lengths to which she will double down are a little ridiculous). She's definitely not boring though!

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Jared was a horrible fit for Kinda Funny. I enjoyed him on Beyond, but it's like they just gave him free rein at KF. I think it comes down to Tim's "hosting". He doesn't do a whole lot outside of just introducing the next segment/topic, which is why you get things like Jared going on massive tangents that overstay their welcome for minutes at a time. It's the job of the host to pull the show back into focus when that happens.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I actually liked Jared most of the time, but his verbose tangents just remind me of that guy everyone knows who likes the sound of their voice a little too much and brings group conversations to a grinding halt with their take-the-scenic-route stories.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
I saw this in a comment, was Greg actually mad at someone from EZA at some point?

There was some weird comments made by Greg and Colin and Kyle Bosman about each other which were taken in the wrong way from both sides. Then there was something with David Jaffe bad mouthing Bosman onstage with Colin and Greg. I don't think Kyle has ever really commented on it but Greg did offer a heartfelt apology when he did that discussion with Jones at the old garage (last year?).

As usual the vocal minority have made it a way bigger thing than it actually is or ever was.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Well it's good that Whitta seems to be aware of what's happening (judging by his retweets), so hopefully he'll bring it up to the team if they've been living under a rock in regards to all of this. Greg should never mention Max's name again on the shows.

Karthane

Mar 20, 2018
Well it's good that Whitta seems to be aware of what's happening (judging by his retweets), so hopefully he'll bring it up to the team if they've been living under a rock in regards to all of this. Greg should never mention Max's name again on the shows.
I don't think he has been mentioned since the initial allegations came out (over a year ago?)

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

Greg mentioned it in a reddit post when things first started going down and they've never brought him up on shows again afaik

I remember from following Anna Akana, a while ago (years before any of this stuff went down) she dated a guy who was friends with Max, and she was pretty open about not liking the guy. Or at least having problems with him

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Get the impression that they've known for a while about him since he hasn't been mentioned on any of their content for at least a year now.

Still it would be good of them to put out at least a tweet about it; he's been on their shows numerous times over the years.

MidnightMania

Oct 31, 2017
Yooo what happened to the Max Landis post on the Kinda Funny subreddit? There were at least 30 replies this morning and it's been wiped.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Welp KoF best friend Max Landis appears to be a bad dude.
This has been known for a very, very long time. Always thought he was a hack fraud living off daddy's clout, so I'm glad I never gave him the time of day.

Great to see Greg defending the all-digital future as some sort of utopia while at the same time episodes of Minecraft: Story Mode have to be put up onto storefronts again for $100 so people can download the things they bought in the first place.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
That reddit post this morning had some valuable discussion in it that I was hoping one of the team would address, as that's generally the only place they really engage with the community. But it's seemingly been deleted and KF themselves are mods on there...

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Somebody tallied up the E3 predictions on the subreddit (Tim won according to them), but god, seeing it written out just shows how hopelessly uninformed Fran was and how much of a joke Andy treated the episode as.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
At least the dude came around through reflection although it's like ~2 years later? But good on him. But also it just reaffirms what type of fanbase the guy has.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I dont know how max Landis had fans in the first place. His work is awful, and he had that Joss Whedon syndrome of blaming his own shortcomings on others.

Nepotism is the only reason he has a career and the fact he is such garbage on top of that is just yikes.

Karthane

Mar 20, 2018
That reddit post this morning had some valuable discussion in it that I was hoping one of the team would address, as that's generally the only place they really engage with the community. But it's seemingly been deleted and KF themselves are mods on there...
It looks like the OP deleted it, FYI. Probably because he was getting downvoted heavily in the comments for taking the stance that "KF supported a serial abuser"