• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
This week I believe, there should be a Halloween update for KOF Allstar. The update brings two new Halloween FES units, those being Halloween Alice(green defense) and Halloween Chris(purple balance). Halloween Chris being added means there are Halloween variants for all of the New Faces Team. Halloween Chris appears to be normal Chris and not O.Chris, and normal Chris just got some 6* cards, so he may be worth picking up.

Also coming with the update will be a new FES Set and a new regular Halloween themed Set. These were all shown on a recent Korean KOFAS stream.

Which, there will be a stream for folks in the west tomorrow:

e54PjSC.jpg

Where everything I mentioned above will presumably be shown off, as well as a lot of free goodies.

Last edited:

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
I hope they reduce the amount of daily stuff that you can do, it's really a lot:
- Time attack, sometimes 2 modes.
- League.
- High cost infinite battle, 3 teams.
- Low cost infinite battle.
- soul quest.
- Weekly team relay dungeon.
- daily team relay challenge.
- dungeon of trials.
- Rite of passage.
- Reviving hell dungeon.
- exp. Dungeon.
- core dungeon.
- gold dungeon.
- battle card dungeon.
- advent dungeon 9 times
- advent card dungeon.
- souls dungeon 13 times.
- hall of elements, 3 times.
- 5 roulette ads.
- 4 character ads.
- 3 power up ads.
- 1 summon ad.
- 3 ads from the messages.

And I didn't even count if you need to do the character evolution or card evolution dungeons, or the championship or if there's an event.. it's really a lot.

Last edited:

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020
Add to that list the rumored Guild raids.

So far Ive been spending every rubie I get and somewhow I ended up with all the past FES including Ryo XIV, but I can really use any of them, everyone outside of Ryo is at least level 1 awaken but by now I need at leat level 3 if not 4 to make any diference in League or Arena. I really wish there was something to use all these new Units I got cause they are fun but waiting to get at least 3 more copies before I can start using them is a bummer.

On the other hand holy shit Awaken level 4 is so dumb, I only have Terry but jesuz that man just melts people.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

The stream just started and they're giving free stuff.

Edit: Codes!
THANKYOUCONTENDERS20 (200 rubies)
HALLOWEENRICHES (1 million gold)
ZOMBIEROADRAGE (200 rubies)
DESTROYALLZOMBIES (500 rubies)
1000SKELETONS (500 rubies)
TRICKORRUBIES (500 rubies)
HALLOWEEN2020FUN (500 rubies)
2000GATECRASHERS (500 rubies)
THECHERRYONTOP (100 rubies)
HALLOWEENCAPSULES (3 10x capsule boxes)
HALLOWEENBOXES (10x item summons)

iOS link:

KOFALLSTAR Coupon Registration - Netmarble

Register your coupon and get rewarded!

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Among the things in the upcoming update, are new tiers for the Card Battle Dungeon, which grant higher tiers of those EXP cards to level up battle cards, as well as those new special cards to boost the CP of your collab fighters if you need it. The AP cost of the new dungeons is pretty steep, but hopefully the drop rate of the new rewards will be worth it.

Then, there's two new Team Relay Dungeon bosses, one green and one neutral element. And, there's also that big zombie raid boss for the holiday--he seems really easy to beat, as Travis beat him on stream XD.

Halloween Alice is in the gacha, but Halloween Chris will also be in a roulette that is coming next week! 'Wonder how good he really is with that in mind, as the free FES units are pretty underwhelming. Halloween Xiangfei is being given away via a new super mission, as well.

There's also the new Guild Raid feature coming up as well--seems really similar to the Dungeon of Trials. Maybe I should finally join the ERA group, then.

There's also a new RUSH dungeon that's Halloween themed--Halloween Blue Mary is being offered in that mode's shop. More importantly, free rubies abound! Speaking of rubies, a bunch of codes were given away on stream:

THANKYOUCONTENDERS20
HALLOWEENRICHES
ZOMBIEROADRAGE
DESTROYALLZOMBIES
1000SKELETONS
TRICKORRUBIES
HALLOWEEN2020FUN
2000GATECRASHERS
THECHERRYONTOP
HALLOWEENCAPSULES
HALLOWEENBOXES

This is around 3000 total rubies, plus gold, capsule boxes and item tickets.

IOS link for the codes is here: http://couponview.netmarble.com/coupon/kofg/1208

Last edited:

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020
Thank you for the codes and links guys.

Was the last good roulette unit Paul? Anyhow I hope the new dungeons will mitigate the card problem but will have to wait and see.

I also had my first purchase with actual money on the game, seeing that the today was the last day for the allstar pass and 9.99 was a fair price for all the thing they gave you. Probably will be my only purchase so back the the f2p life but I felt I could give them a small thank you for all the time I have played this game.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

The stream just started and they're giving free stuff.

Edit: Codes!
THANKYOUCONTENDERS20 (200 rubies)
HALLOWEENRICHES (1 million gold)
ZOMBIEROADRAGE (200 rubies)
DESTROYALLZOMBIES (500 rubies)
1000SKELETONS (500 rubies)
TRICKORRUBIES (500 rubies)
HALLOWEEN2020FUN (500 rubies)
2000GATECRASHERS (500 rubies)
THECHERRYONTOP (100 rubies)
HALLOWEENCAPSULES (3 10x capsule boxes)
HALLOWEENBOXES (10x item summons)

iOS link:

KOFALLSTAR Coupon Registration - Netmarble

Register your coupon and get rewarded!
Among the things in the upcoming update, are new tiers for the Card Battle Dungeon, which grant higher tiers of those EXP cards to level up battle cards, as well as those new special cards to boost the CP of your collab fighters if you need it. The AP cost of the new dungeons is pretty steep, but hopefully the drop rate of the new rewards will be worth it.

Then, there's two new Team Relay Dungeon bosses, one green and one neutral element. And, there's also that big zombie raid boss for the holiday--he seems really easy to beat, as Travis beat him on stream XD.

Halloween Alice is in the gacha, but Halloween Chris will also be in a roulette that is coming next week! 'Wonder how good he really is with that in mind, as the free FES units are pretty underwhelming. Halloween Xiangfei is being given away via a new super mission, as well.

There's also the new Guild Raid feature coming up as well--seems really similar to the Dungeon of Trials. Maybe I should finally join the ERA group, then.

There's also a new RUSH dungeon that's Halloween themed--Halloween Blue Mary is being offered in that mode's shop. More importantly, free rubies abound! Speaking of rubies, a bunch of codes were given away on stream:

THANKYOUCONTENDERS20
HALLOWEENRICHES
ZOMBIEROADRAGE
DESTROYALLZOMBIES
1000SKELETONS
TRICKORRUBIES
HALLOWEEN2020FUN
2000GATECRASHERS
THECHERRYONTOP
HALLOWEENCAPSULES
HALLOWEENBOXES

This is around 3000 total rubies, plus gold, capsule boxes and item tickets.

IOS link for the codes is here: http://couponview.netmarble.com/coupon/kofg/1208
Thanks for the codes, currently saving until the next big collab.

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you for the codes and links guys.

Was the last good roulette unit Paul? Anyhow I hope the new dungeons will mitigate the card problem but will have to wait and see.

I also had my first purchase with actual money on the game, seeing that the today was the last day for the allstar pass and 9.99 was a fair price for all the thing they gave you. Probably will be my only purchase so back the the f2p life but I felt I could give them a small thank you for all the time I have played this game.

Paul was indeed the last roulette unit who I would consider great.

Halloween Chris *could* be good, at least much better than Elizabeth who was our last free FES unit, and Elizabeth was just given away for free, with Halloween Chris you do actually have to play the gacha or the roulette, so that may make him actually better than expected.

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020
OK so yeah the Guild raids are fun, that said if we ever want to beat Rugal in anything other and Easy we do need everyone that still plays on the Guild to fight him at least twice a day

Im also ok with the time it take for the keys to regen, 5 hours is a fair time.

Oct 26, 2017
OK so yeah the Guild raids are fun, that said if we ever want to beat Rugal in anything other and Easy we do need everyone that still plays on the Guild to fight him at least twice a day

I could join the guild, as I am still a very active player. Who do I send an invite/request to? Apologies, as I can't readily read through previous pages at the moment.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Damn I missed these codes, the redemption page is already taken down.

On the plus side I had a free 10-pull and landed on Halloween Alice first go.

Oct 26, 2017
I think the distribution of the EXP battle cards has increased a decent amount as of this update.

The new tiers on the Weekly Battle Card Dungeon are easy to beat, and they are guaranteed to drop at least 4* EXP cards, with the occasional 5* and the new 6* EXP cards. The double drop rate event is still going on for a few days, so if you can manage to blast through the new tiers, I'd use a bunch of skip tickets on the new Tier 7 and get yourself a bunch of EXP cards.

And, the battle card combine feature is now guaranteed to get you one EXP card every time you combine five battle cards. You get a 4* EXP card every time you combine five 3* cards, and you get a 5* EXP card every time you combine five 4* cards. It's probably not the *best* solution, but this feels much better than having nothing at all.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I doubt we're ever getting past normal. The amount of health he gets in normal and especially hard, with it resetting daily, it supposed to be for the guilds with 50 members who have mostly whales. Like for example, normal requires having a darkness user to do any significant damage, yet there's only two of those in the game, Lady Geese and Saiki, both of which are rather recent.

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020
Well look at that we actually did ok on that last run, we didnt kill O Rugal on Normal but we got enough damage to at least get a box. I still think we could beat him in normal dificilty but we do need everyone that still plays in the Guild to chime in, hard on the other hand is out the question.

This Raid is the must fun I had for a while with the game.

Well look at that we actually did ok on that last run, we didnt kill O Rugal on Normal but we got enough damage to at least get a box. I still think we could beat him in normal dificilty but we do need everyone that still plays in the Guild to chime in, hard on the other hand is out the question.

This Raid is the must fun I had for a while with the game.
We need to always down easy first for the bonus rigjt?

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
My team is kind of weak, so I might need to be a designated Easy clearer. Otherwise, I can throw myself at Normal twice a day.

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I'm liking Halloween Alice so far. She's at least got better skills than normal or Idol and is fun to use. Normal was fun to use at the time until you realized her skills were annoying to chain, Idol was only slightly better. So far with Halloween this seems to be much less of a problem plus she looks nice.

I'm liking Halloween Alice so far. She's at least got better skills than normal or Idol and is fun to use. Normal was fun to use at the time until you realized her skills were annoying to chain, Idol was only slightly better. So far with Halloween this seems to be much less of a problem plus she looks nice.
I'm most impressed with her animations.

I almost did a very dumb thing with the cards pick up ticket, I only had 2 of the 3 FES selected so I could empty the rest of my rubies and not completed it.

Lucky I pulled the missing one.

Last edited:

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I'm most impressed with her animations.

I almost did a very dumb thing with the cards pick up ticket, I only had 2 of the 3 FES selected so I could empty the rest of my rubies and not completed it.

Lucky I pulled the missing one.
It feels like they fixed the hitboxes on her first 2 skills. Skill 1 actually lifts enemies off the ground more reliably and 2 seems to grab them out of the air AND ground more often than before. At the least they're more consistent, but replacing her 3rd skill with the crossbow attack is good because that does some fun movement, too.

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020
The more I fight O rugal on normal the more Im tuning my team and so far the best strategy has been using Saiki not as much as an attacker but more of an assist. My poor saiki is only awaken level 10 so he aint got the power to do much but I do have a nameless awaken level 30 combine this with Miss Big for the defence team bonus and we have something I would call decent enough.

Saiki is mostly there to inflict darkness and then I switch to Nameless, since the darkeness efect is still going Nameless attacks will reduce O rugal bar very quickly, rince and repeat and my best average is 40M, nothing spectacular but add 2 or 3 runs of that and it starts to add up.

Im sure a similar strategy can work if you have Lady Geese thats not awaken or strong enough to be a main damage dealer.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
My level 20 (awakened) Nameless was absolutely destroyed in league battle by a level 90 Halloween Alice.
She is so fast. So so fast.

Oct 26, 2017
We've got a World Drop event, a Dice Game, plus another Bingo event coming once we get the daily reset tonight. The Bingo lasts until early December, and I'm assuming the rewards are the same as the last one.

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020
I read Lady is better from the get go, I assume you want that darkness goodness.

Yeah Im trying to somewhat build an anti O Rugal Team, so far my best run was today at almost 45 M damage. So I wonder if I should just buff Saiki or swap in Lady geese for the extra darkness, after all my main damage dealer remains Nameless.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Can we only get 300 points per day for Eru's Dice Game or am I missing something? I don't see any event missions to be completed and I don't see any link to other possible activities.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
I'm taking a break even though I have all the fest characters and over 50K rubies, I like the game but doing all the dailies and the things that you can do everyday take 2 hours or so and that's with using skip tickets, it's really a lot and feels like a job.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
I've never heard of it either. I guess that means saving rubies unless one of the characters is just incredibly broken.

Oct 26, 2017
I've never heard of it either. I guess that means saving rubies unless one of the characters is just incredibly broken.

This is my position. Will not try pulling for the characters or cards unless they're really good. If there's a Green character with a good leader skill, and a red character better than my XIV Geese, then I might try pulling for them, cause collab characters are much easier to awaken than the regular cast.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
they'll be broken good no doubt about it.

They're using this to advertise and increase hype for 7 knights 2 and since they own the ip this is a complete win win for them.

Their goal is going to make them op as hell that every time someone plays kofas they'll get reminded of 7 knights since everyone will be using them.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
More info on the known collab characters:

All 5 are FES

Dellons: 55% Atk Up for Blue, Blue ATK, CV - Seki Tomokazu
Rachel: 55% Atk Up for Red, Red BAL, CV - Arai Satomi
Shane: 55% Atk Up for Green, Green ATK, CV - Oomori Mai
Rudy: (Unconfirmed but likely 55% Atk Up for Yellow), Yellow DEF, CV - Miki Shin'ichirō
Eileen: (Unconfirmed but likely 55% Atk Up for Purple), Purple ATK, CV - Katsuki Masako

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
I still think I have to hold off, even as useful as they all might be. I pulled I don't know how many times for Mr. Karate last night and finally ended up getting him via some kind of KOF All Star loyalty reward free choice that it gave me, so I'm a bit pulled out for the time being.