Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, have you been able to ferret out the specific treatment of women in this time period compared to simply misogynistic views?

It was pretty rough in those days for women (to put it lightly), however, there are identifiable differences you feel confident that represent the misogyny of the creator and not the time period? (I would agree that the people of color was discussed more so than the treatment of women pre-launch).

Lets assume everything you say about misogyny in the game is true. Now what?
I kinda covered those things in earlier posts. The fact that
Theresa and Stephanie are sexual conquests who's respective quests end abruptly once you "achieve sex".
You get a buff called "alpha male" after having sex. One of the first things you see your father do to your mother is smack her on the bum (there's nothing inherently wrong with that action between two lovers, but the fact that it was chosen as the introduction of your parents says a lot). Henry and his father watch Theresa walk away, the camera pans down to her butt and they're both like phwoar check out that sweet peasant shift ass. To name just a few examples.

As for your last question I reiterate that I don't believe a "now what" is required. We've all done high school English right? I'm interpreting a text. The answer to your "now what" would be something like "now I'll continue playing the game until I get bored or the bug preventing me from progressing with the main story and actually finishing the game is patched out".

I'll continue to make my thoughts known on this studio, the director, their games and their views. Who knows what the future may hold, maybe he'll say or do something between now and the sequel that'll get his ass fired. Maybe he'll do a candid interview that will paint him in an entirely different light. Maybe their next game will be sponsored by Trump. Who can say.

Raven117

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Theresa and Stephanie are sexual conquests who's respective quests end abruptly once you "achieve sex".
You get a buff called "alpha male" after having sex. One of the first things you see your father do to your mother is smack her on the bum (there's nothing inherently wrong with that action between two lovers, but the fact that it was chosen as the introduction of your parents says a lot). Henry and his father watch Theresa walk away, the camera pans down to her butt and they're both like phwoar check out that sweet peasant shift ass. To name just a few examples.

As for your last question I reiterate that I don't believe a "now what" is required. We've all done high school English right? I'm interpreting a text. The answer to your "now what" would be something like "now I'll continue playing the game until I get bored or the bug preventing me from progressing with the main story and actually finishing the game is patched out".

I'll continue to make my thoughts known on this studio, the director, their games and their views. Who knows what the future may hold, maybe he'll say or do something between now and the sequel that'll get his ass fired. Maybe he'll do a candid interview that will paint him in an entirely different light. Maybe their next game will be sponsored by Trump. Who can say.
As I posted to another poster, I didn't want to imply (if I did), that it wasn't in there. And moreover, I agree with you.

Okay, well opinion on then.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
There are a couple problematic sexist things in the game, I think the alpha male buff being perhaps the most clear example, the fact the buff exists isn't even necessarily bad per say given all the various buffs and systems that exist in the game but just the naming of it, idk it's a bit weird. With that said, the women are dressed very modestly as what would seemingly fit the time period. I don't have a problem with the camera zooming in on Theresa's butt because it's from the perspective of Henry who is attracted to her. I also think the way you court Theresa is actually really respectfully done it's just that the quest abruptly ends after you sleep with her and that's basically it, same can be said for Stephanie. Women could certainly be written better here, though I think the same could be said for several other characters, though there are some notable exceptions where there is a refreshing level of nuance with specific characters. Also, I think the way they handle refugees in the game is actually exemplary.

the_wart

Oct 25, 2017
There are a couple problematic sexist things in the game, I think the alpha male buff being perhaps the most clear example, the fact the buff exists isn't even necessarily bad per say given all the various buffs and systems that exist in the game but just the naming of it, idk it's a bit weird. With that said, the women are dressed very modestly as what would seemingly fit the time period. I don't have a problem with the camera zooming in on Theresa's butt because it's from the perspective of Henry who is attracted to her. I also think the way you court Theresa is actually really respectfully done it's just that the quest abruptly ends after you sleep with her and that's basically it, same can be said for Stephanie. Women could certainly be written better here, though I think the same could be said for several other characters, though there are some notable exceptions where there is a refreshing level of nuance with specific characters. Also, I think the way they handle refugees in the game is actually exemplary.

The issue isn't with the way they are dressed, it is that they have no role in the world other than a) mothering Henry and b) being sexual conquests for him, regardless of how respectful his conquest his.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The way the courtship plays out is one of the more well done types of romances in an rpg imo. You actually go out and do something with them, it builds it up fairly well and it comes off as believable (at least with Theresa, can't comment on the other courtships). Henry never treats her as an object or anything of the sort.

The main downfall though is that once you finish the courtship that's..it, it feels a bit strange to build it up with multiple cutscenes and story elements and then to just "drop" it once you get to the end.

I wish it would been something that would play out over the course of the game, have various elements related to it pop up depending on where you are in in the main storyline so it at least goes up until the end of that. It just comes off a bit strange that Henry/Theresa are romantically involved throughout the courtship story and then after you've finished it you can't do anything more and she basically is treated as a generic npc.

They needed to stretch it out more and give her more interaction with Henry as the main storyline progressed, let you talk to her about what you're doing, give her a few side quests with Henry to further build up their relationship alongside the rest of the game.

Back toward the gameplay side of things. I can not recommend the "contemplative" skill enough (It's found under the main level stat). This stops you from losing energy/nourishment when you are still. What that means is that whenever you do something like read a book, pass time, and even sleep, you do not lose either of those. Which can be invaluable if you are out int he middle of nowhere and need to pass time with no food around or bed to sleep in.

Oct 25, 2017
The issue isn't with the way they are dressed, it is that they have no role in the world other than a) mothering Henry and b) being sexual conquests for him, regardless of how respectful his conquest his.

Theresa does quite a bit more than potentially sleep with Henry. She's the only reason you are still alive. And she is a part of another storyline too. Stephanie has a small albeit very important role in the story as well.

I think you're sleeping on Theresa. She's a pretty good character.

With that said, you're right that they should have fleshed them out even more. More-so Theresa than Stephanie. I think that the lack of continued development of Theresa is the biggest failing in this game's story. Not even a single line after.. or a cop-out saying "we went too fast, lets chill for now. I have stuff to do around the mill." Hopefully the DLC that is rumored to have Theresa as the protagonist will flesh her out even more.

edit: Found this

nAbEn81.png

mod edit: spoiler tagged an image to be on the safe side.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I wont be able to check myself since I am away from home for a while...but there are new Nvidia drivers. Has anyone one installed it to see if things got better?

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The way the courtship plays out is one of the more well done types of romances in an rpg imo. You actually go out and do something with them, it builds it up fairly well and it comes off as believable (at least with Theresa, can't comment on the other courtships). Henry never treats her as an object or anything of the sort.

The main downfall though is that once you finish the courtship that's..it, it feels a bit strange to build it up with multiple cutscenes and story elements and then to just "drop" it once you get to the end.

I wish it would been something that would play out over the course of the game, have various elements related to it pop up depending on where you are in in the main storyline so it at least goes up until the end of that. It just comes off a bit strange that Henry/Theresa are romantically involved throughout the courtship story and then after you've finished it you can't do anything more and she basically is treated as a generic npc.

They needed to stretch it out more and give her more interaction with Henry as the main storyline progressed, let you talk to her about what you're doing, give her a few side quests with Henry to further build up their relationship alongside the rest of the game.

Back toward the gameplay side of things. I can not recommend the "contemplative" skill enough (It's found under the main level stat). This stops you from losing energy/nourishment when you are still. What that means is that whenever you do something like read a book, pass time, and even sleep, you do not lose either of those. Which can be invaluable if you are out int he middle of nowhere and need to pass time with no food around or bed to sleep in.
Well, that's a bummer but exactly what I expected. I'm holding out finishing the quest because I knew that it's gonna end like that.

It seems that the game won't punish you if you don't ask her out at the intended time anyway. I thought it's strictly timed.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Everyone kind of treats Henry like a stranger even late in the game. That's my issues with the game's NPCs.

Captain Bernard: What can I do for you Sir Knight?

Like 4 days ago, I was dressed in rags and random bits of armor lol

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Still no Dev response to the numerous reports of the bug preventing main story progression. Not really pleased about that.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do people say there were no black people in Medieval Europe? This is not true and wish people would stop using this as a talking point. i.e Colin Moriarty

African Presence in Medieval Europe
There is a difference between medieval europe and 16km2 area around Rataje nad Sazavou. Of course there were nonwhites in Europe, but you can go to Rataje today even and will be hard pressed to find anyone. If sequel takes place in Prague, there will be nonwhite folk for sure.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone kind of treats Henry like a stranger even late in the game. That's my issues with the game's NPCs.

- Welcome Henry!
- Hey, Henry has come to see us!
- Welcome Henry!
- Welcome Henry!
- Welcome Henry!
- Welcome Henry!

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
- Welcome Henry!
- Welcome Henry!
- Welcome Henry!
- Welcome Henry!
- Welcome Henry!

Pretty sure he means when you actually enter dialogue with them.

Hell even your friends like Matthew/Fritz greet you as things like, "I'm honored a Knight such as you would blah blah."

They should refer to you by your name imo, I mean they are friends and people that know you, they should have dialogue that reflects that instead of the generic dialogue that non-important npc's use to greet you with.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure he means when you actually enter dialogue with them.

Hell even your friends like Matthew/Fritz greet you as things like, "I'm honored a Knight such as you would blah blah."

They should refer to you by your name imo, I mean they are friends and people that know you, they should have dialogue that reflects that instead of the generic dialogue that non-important npc's use to greet you with.
Yeah I know, there's bunch of that and not only about calling you by your name. I did the
plague
quest and Henry was still surprised to hear about it from an NPC after already completing the job and waiting for results.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, the non-scripted NPC interactions are pretty much universally terrible. The game is on the verge of greatness, but I think they needed a bit more time and resources to really glue it all together into something more believable.

- Welcome Henry!
- Welcome Henry!
- Welcome Henry!
- Welcome Henry!
- Welcome Henry!

Great when you get that in towns you're entering for the first time ever.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
- Welcome Henry!
- Welcome Henry!
- Welcome Henry!
- Welcome Henry!
- Welcome Henry!
One time I walked into a camp of soldiers and they all said "Hey, Henry has come to see us!" at the same time. Shit was creepy.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
This game is so good, I just can't stop playing it even with all the bugs. HAd to stay until past 3am and I'm dying today at work :P

What kind of repair kit do I need to fix my shoes and were can I buy it? I tried to pickpocket the cobbler in Rattak by mistake and now he won't fix my boots lol. Plus there's that bonus from that perk if you repair your own shoes.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This game is so good, I just can't stop playing it even with all the bugs. HAd to stay until past 3am and I'm dying today at work :P

What kind of repair kit do I need to fix my shoes and were can I buy it? I tried to pickpocket the cobbler in Rattak by mistake and now he won't fix my boots lol. Plus there's that bonus from that perk if you repair your own shoes.

Shoes and repair kits can be bought from cobblers ... ^^

philm87

Jan 9, 2018
If you get -100 reputation in a town I find the best way to deal with this is as a lost cause (as long as you don't have to go there too often). I basically chased an old woman across a long distance (forgetting I had a horse), shooting arrows at her to practise my archery. This was part of the "woman scorned" quest I think. Anyway it all caused quite the cafuffle and ended up with -100 in Uzhitz. I just go there occasionally now just to ransack the place and get plenty of coin etc. when I need it. It's pretty easy to sneak in unnoticed and the guards aren't well armed in this town anyway.

Also one time I decided to be Kevin, from the film "we need to talk about Kevin". Great way to level up archery.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn....I tried but he sent me to jail. And I didn't even want to pickpocket him.

I wish it was hot keyed to another button, now you have "X" to talk and "hold X" to pickpocket, which sucks.

Had the same problem in the beginning. I adjusted over time, but I understand the complain.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
I mean, the quest lines with arguably the two prominent female characters ending in you bedding them and getting an "alpha male" buff is a conscious decision on behalf of the developer and probably tells you what you need to know.
As has been said before you get the buff any time you have sex in the game and the tool tip just calls it a confidence boost something or other which boosts your charisma for a while, not exactly offensive as far as I'm concerned, people tend to feel good after fucking and they can even joke about it like that among each other, the alpha male thing would be more offensive towards other males rather than towards women if told seriously in any scenario. I suppose they could have included some male romance interest in the game and enable the buff in case you get it on with him as well to really drive the point that it's harmless tongue in cheek rather than a statement against women but whatever.

So wait, nothing is wrong with that action but you still point it out as misogynistic? I mean, if there really was a lot of such dubious content you wouldn't need to pad your still rather short list with things you agree aren't at all misogynistic. Also that you can showcase misogyny in the game doesn't answer his question about how you can even begin to separate the potentially realistic depiction of the role of women in that region and era in society vs a given developer's current view (like, there's rape near the intro, you can attempt to stop it or not, as there is slaughter, and it's just part of showing the horrors of conflicts in the region, not showing how the game's developers think rape is cool and should be glorified). You also conveniently leave out the parts about the women you think are victims of misogyny whether by the in game characters or the creator where they still can put Henry or other men to their place as his mother lectures him rather than leave that to his dad acting like someone not allowed to openly speak her mind in the household or whatever else. Also, not every sexually charged teen checking out the opposite sex at a given moment is a horrible human being, Theressa showing an interest in then already hitched Henry (who checks her out after that) is not an awful person either, seeing how strong she turns out to be in the rest of the game. These things happen to people and aren't all in bad form.

Last edited:

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Man, running into two major quest bugs back to back sucks.

Just did the horse race and it didn't give me the reward it's meant to (googling shows that no one is getting it).

Then turned around to do the "Harehunt" quest which has not one, but two other quests tied to it and a ton of bugs that make you unable to complete the quest without failing one or having a infinite load bug or various other issues.

Hope that next patch is going to fix these, gonna have to load an older save and go off to do other quests it seems.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
As has been said before you get the buff any time you have sex in the game and the tool tip just calls it a confidence boost something or other which boosts your charisma for a while, not exactly offensive as far as I'm concerned, people tend to feel good after fucking and they can even joke about it like that among each other, the alpha male thing would be more offensive towards other males rather than towards women if told seriously in any scenario. I suppose they could have included some male romance interest in the game and enable the buff in case you get it on with him as well to really drive the point that it's harmless tongue in cheek rather than a statement against women but whatever.

The alpha male, as in the apex of the pack cause he fucked a woman. Don't try and twist this into anything other than juvenile.

So wait, nothing is wrong with that action but you still point it out as misogynistic? I mean, if there really was a lot of such dubious content you wouldn't need to pad your still rather short list with things you agree aren't at all misogynistic. Also that you can showcase misogyny in the game doesn't answer his question about how you can even begin to separate the potentially realistic depiction of the role of women in that region and era in society vs a given developer's current view (like, there's rape near the intro, you can attempt to stop it or not, as there is slaughter, and it's just part of showing the horrors of conflicts in the region, not showing how the game's developers think rape is cool and should be glorified). You also conveniently leave out the parts about the women you think are victims of misogyny whether by the in game characters or the creator where they still can put Henry or other men to their place as his mother lectures him rather than leave that to his dad acting like someone not allowed to openly speak her mind in the household or whatever else. Also, not every sexually charged teen checking out the opposite sex at a given moment is a horrible human being, Theressa showing an interest in then already hitched Henry (who checks her out after that) is not an awful person either, seeing how strong she turns out to be in the rest of the game. These things happen to people and aren't all in bad form.

Nothing is inherently wrong with that action between two lovers in the real modern world, but for it to be the first action I see between two characters, parents no less, before I have any kind of attachment to them, is just weird. I don't think that moment is in the script because it's well documented that historically medieval dudes slapped their wives on the butt and that's just how it was at the time, lol. You'll notice I didn't mention rape, as I agree that is definitely something that happens in wartime, then and now.

Your sentence that starts with "You also conveniently leave out..." is almost impossible to make sense of, sorry. Being lecherous with your dad at a woman behind her back is pretty gross in my book, happy to differ on that point.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
One time I walked into a camp of soldiers and they all said "Hey, Henry has come to see us!" at the same time. Shit was creepy.
I was riding along that lordboy for a quest and he constantly threw phrases like Hey Henry too the whole way through, lol.

Being lecherous with your dad at a woman behind her back is pretty gross in my book, happy to differ on that point.
Well, my point that you refer to while twisting it around like that was simply that "not every sexually charged teen checking out the opposite sex at a given moment is a horrible human being" as I wrote (which also applies to both genders, women check out men you know) so if you beg to differ on that point I guess there's a very tiny minority of (non-asexual) people you don't find to be horrible human beings regardless of their character and how they actually think of and treat others and how they grew from that phase which pretty much every teen goes through and regardless if and how they actually acted on those impulses. Okay then. This conversation has ended for me given your attitude but do go on.

Last edited:

Deleted member 21996

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So anyway... I don't want my Henry to turn into a murderous psychopath, but can't seem to deal with Ginger's bandits without killing them. There's no option to tie them up, take a surrender or interrogate them. You either kill them in combat or they run off. Sometimes the mercy kill option shows, but they're as good as dead anyway. Am I missing something?

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I think the way they handle refugees in the game is actually exemplary.

Agreed. Posted this in the review thread, but since the thread pretty much died and the discussion came up here instead, I'll just repost it here:

I overall agree with you, but to be completely honest, I actually do think they would be able to write a decent black character if they had to.

The reason for that is because of the way the game handles the refugees, at least as far as I got into it. From what I know (from Era, didn't go around digging too much), the dude is also against the current influx of refugees in Europe, so when someone said that the game has NPCs talking about "damn refugees disturbing the peace", it really made me worry.

But, playing the game itself, I was surprised to find out that things are not quite what they seemed. They had the perfect opportunity to do commentary on the current refugee crisis using a historical setting as a mirror, but the game actually very clearly paints them as victims and sides with them. The NPC dialogue bashing them is indeed there, and not only one, almost all of the townsfolk you can talk to and ask what they think of the refugees will have a negative view, and at most will say "I know they went through a lot, but...", but what the person who brought that to my attention didn't know (they were only watching a stream while that happened) was that YOU are the refugee. Your friends and relatives are the refugees. They are absolutely painted as victims of a war they had nothing to do with.

You see firsthand them losing their houses, families, workplaces, and being forced to take refuge in another town, and become beggars at that. It's even telling in the mechanics: These townsfolk who discriminate against them have their names as "Townsfolk" over the interact prompt, while each beggar that would in any other game just be "NPC_Beggar" at most, here they have a name, because they're the people Henry knew and grew up with, they're your friends, victims of the horrors of war, living in a terrible situation. Even Kunesh, who already had nothing at the beginning of the game in Skalitz (which was by the way a really cool piece of environmental storytelling, in my opinion), ended up in an even worse situation as a refugee.

This is already a pretty major aspect where the game's message was without a doubt not a mirror to the creator's own beliefs, which seriously surprised me.

That being said, I do think for this particular game, with the examples people defending the inclusion of diversity can give being terrible, it wouldn't really work out that well. But if they decide to have a black protagonist for their next project for whatever reason, I don't think it'll necessarily be terrible, despite of Vavra's own racist beliefs.

It's also possible that if the game was actually about the current day refugees the message would be quite different, though, and in that case you'd be completely right.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So anyway... I don't want my Henry to turn into a murderous psychopath, but can't seem to deal with Ginger's bandits without killing them. There's no option to tie them up, take a surrender or interrogate them. You either kill them in combat or they run off. Sometimes the mercy kill option shows, but they're as good as dead anyway. Am I missing something?

I think if your speech is high enough you can just lie to everyone and tell them you killed them already.

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, that's definitely a problem. I actually stopped looting chests and bodies because I became too rich too quickly.

I always assumed that was something the game allowed you to do, but didn't exactly encourage from a story standpoint, so it makes sense that it's not balanced around it.

Maybe it was just highly influenced by the dialogue choices I've made, but I almost died because I told someone to stop looting corpses. And would have if not for Theresa. Didn't even think twice before refusing the Miller's quest either. Unless the story gives me a context where I feel like it would be justified, I'm not going around looting random stuff. So when Sir Hans tells me to help myself and pick up the things from that chest, I did, but didn't even interact with it before.

I don't know what it is about this game that makes me feel this way. I'm not particularly invested in heavy roleplaying in most games, I have zero issues with being absolutely everything in the world in Skyrim, for example, but here it just works.

I have no issues with picking up weapons, though, so I took a shield from one of the 3 people I killed, and a sword and a bow I still can't equip, but that's about it.

EDIT: Last time that happened to me was actually Dragon Age: Origins. I only did things that made sense to my character, even if that meant picking up the choices that would lead me to miss out on content, like I missed the Peshek's quest and just sold some stuff to give him the money I owed.

The main difference is that I was a complete asshole in Dragon Age: Origins, so I still ended up killing and looting a lot, haha.

Last edited:

KatiePT

Jan 25, 2018
Yeah, the crime system is definitely not balanced well. If you loot and steal even moderately you'll completely break the economy in a few hours.

The penalties for stealing are solid - if you don't save scum that is - but it's clearly not enough. Either they have to scale back the loot, make it be less valuable or...I don't know.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the crime system is definitely not balanced well. If you loot and steal even moderately you'll completely break the economy in a few hours.

The penalties for stealing are solid - if you don't save scum that is - but it's clearly not enough. Either they have to scale back the loot, make it be less valuable or...I don't know.

The consequence for stealing is the fact that you can't use the items that you steal unless they are consumable and want to use them pretty much immediately. So when you steal you need to find somewhere suitable to sell the items and only then do you reap the rewards. Sometimes you can steal too much and as a consequence the guys who can buy stolen goods off you will run out of money fast. Then you're just hoarding loads of stolen shit in your chest or on your horse :P

philm87

Jan 9, 2018

I like that you can actually get rewards for stealing rather than having to grind out for hours stealing absolute junk. I think they were well aware of this and wanted to balance that way.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
KC Era I need advice.
I've been in Ratage for 2 hours. Just dis my first job patrolling. At the moment the game is kinda of meh related to side quests and quests quality.
I would like to know if the game "git gud" at some point or I should drop it. (i known that maybe i'm too early in the game). I really love well written and interesting quest and side quests in RPGs. But at the moment Gothic 1 and even Skyrim has better early quests than KC.

KatiePT

Jan 25, 2018
So when you steal you need to find somewhere suitable to sell the items and only then do you reap the rewards.

You can wait a day or so and you can use the gear or sell it anywhere because the stolen tag disappears. This should probably be removed. Plus millers should have limited funds to purchase stolen things from you.

philm87

Jan 9, 2018
KC Era I need advice.
I've been in Ratage for 2 hours. Just dis my first job patrolling. At the moment the game is kinda of meh related to side quests and quests quality.
I would like to know if the game "git gud" at some point or I should drop it. (i known that maybe i'm too early in the game). I really love well written and interesting quest and side quests in RPGs. But at the moment Gothic 1 and even Skyrim has better early quests than KC.

Yeah stick with it. It's a pretty slow start but gets better as it goes on. Loads of well written main quests and side quests.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Agreed. Posted this in the review thread, but since the thread pretty much died and the discussion came up here instead, I'll just repost it here:

Very well said. I'm not sure how far you are into the game but there is also a side quest related to the refugees which adds further significance to their struggle.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
So is Theresa bugged for anyone else?

I got to her in the evening to take her out: "It's late, come back in the morning."

I come back in the morning: "I'd love that, come back in the evening."

WHAT DOES SHE WANT FROM MEEEEE!?

I'm about to just bail on her indecisive ass and go hang with the fun priest I keep reading about.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So is Theresa bugged for anyone else?

I got to her in the evening to take her out: "It's late, come back in the morning."

I come back in the morning: "I'd love that, come back in the evening."

WHAT DOES SHE WANT FROM MEEEEE!?

I'm about to just bail on her indecisive ass and go hang with the fun priest I keep reading about.

That's a good idea.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You can wait a day or so and you can use the gear or sell it anywhere because the stolen tag disappears. This should probably be removed. Plus millers should have limited funds to purchase stolen things from you.

Maybe one of our games is bugged because neither of the millers that I can trade stolen items with have unlimited funds and the stolen tags depend on the value of the item (I stole something worth 2.5k and it still has a stolen tag on it 3 game days later...).

But personally I wouldn't change how the stolen mechanics work, it's refreshing to play an RPG where stealing items actually has a consequence.

Swanlee

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So I'm about 25 hrs in and really still just starting, the last main quest I finished was the Ginger quest. So as of right now is their anything I can do to avoid any main quest bugs that will prevent me from progressing?

I'm on Xbox One X so I cannot MOD my way around quest bugs and would rather not start huge sections of the game over. Xbox is on version 1.2. I'm building Henry up and taking my time on quests so more patches will come out before I hit anything breaking.

What is the best advice to avoid main quest lines getting bugged and preventing me from finishing the game?

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017

I agree with this. It should still let you "launder" them through the Miller's, but they need to scale back their funds a lot.

They also need to add the Horse inventory to searches for stolen goods. Too easy to get away with it.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
So replying game with mods, and I noticed you get very little coins for doing quests in this game. Money isn't an issue in this game, but I think the game like every other RPG, should reward players decently.

You get 19 coins for taking out bandit camps during the Ruin quests. They aren't difficult tasks, but they still can be challenging.