Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because the game checks for online servers every time you want to play it.
This is bizzare and seems like some kind of oversight, I will ask the developers what the hell is up with that. They didn't want denuovo and know that torrented version is already out anyway so it makes no sense.

GameZone

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Norway
This is bizzare and seems like some kind of oversight, I will ask the developers what the hell is up with that. They didn't want denuovo and know that torrented version is already out anyway so it makes no sense.

Tried asking them everywhere. I see others have done it as well. Some angry Steam users out there. They just totally ignore answering.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
It's not that weird if you consider the individual options they chose. At 1080p they play at very high, at which point AMD cards run into CPU limits (likely due to increased draw calls for longer LoD distances and larger shadow casting volumes). At larger resolutions, not only does the rendering workload increase while the CPU workload stays the same (as always) -- in this case, the CPU load actually decreases while the GPU load increases because they are also lowering the settings.
Yeah but it looks as if AMD GPUs are having issues running at Ultra High preset in any resolution as this is where NV GPUs seem to catch up.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I get around 30-40fps on my rig (1600x, 16GB, GTx970) at high and textures and physics set to ultra

I just set shaders and shadows to medium on my GFs pc with a 970 with the very high preset and ultra textures (game doesn't ever use more then 2gb vram for me),This brings me to 50-60 fps at 1080p most of the time and i cant even tell what shaders does (i mean i know what it should do of course), there is no visual difference as far as i can see but it eats fps like mad above medium, shadows do make a difference but it's very negligible i can only tell if i look really close, every other settings impact seems to be very minor compared to those 2.

Apophis

Nov 6, 2017
Germany
Ryzen 7 1800X
GTX 1080

1080p but with 1,20 DSR
Max Settings

Fps vary from 45 to 80+. Strange: during convos the fps are dropping to 45-50 all the time, no matter whats on the screen. Inside my house from the starting area i got 45 fps and i was like "dafuq", but the moment i was outside fps where at 70-80 again. Something isn't right. :D

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah but it looks as if AMD GPUs are having issues running at Ultra High preset in any resolution as this is where NV GPUs seem to catch up.

do you have the game? what config files does ultra spec change? that would give us some info.

are there any benches that test higher resolutions at ultra?

edit - just checked gamegpu and at 1440p+ amd is ahead even at ultra and ultra+. seems to just be a cpu limitation

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Runs poorly on my i7 2600k and GTX 970. Only getting 50-60 on low. Locking it to 30 helps but not ideal. A lot of stuttering when moving to and from areas.

RyanRad

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone been experiencing occasional hitching?

On medium-high settings it seems to be running fine on my 970, frame rate is good, but it will suddenly hitch occasionally for like 5-10 seconds, it's really annoying. I've downed my settings mostly to low now, and it still hitches, the hitch just isn't as long with tlower settings but it still does it.

I just don't understand what's causing the intermittent hitches, it's the worst during combat.

BlueBikinis

Oct 27, 2017
Runs poorly on my i7 2600k and GTX 970. Only getting 50-60 on low. Locking it to 30 helps but not ideal. A lot of stuttering when moving to and from areas.

Whats your 2600k clocked at? I'm running the game on 2500k @ 4.6ghz with a 1070 stock and I get 50-60fps on high settings with only shadows set to medium. I think you may need to overlock your 2600k a bit. But yeah I get the hitching issue as well.

Last edited:

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1080 with a i5 6600k running at 1440p, getting 40-70fps with most settings on high. What specific settings should I adjust to bump that framerate up to get a minimum of 60?

Vlaphor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
1080ti, 4790k running at 4.4, 16gb of DDR3, everything maxed out at 2560x1440...generally get good FPS. Fluctuates quite a bit though, I can usually get 60 outdoors if not too much is happening, usually hovers around 50 in what you would call regular gameplay, never below 30. I've tried running it at 4k, but it doesn't go so well with everything maxed. It looks clear enough at 1440.

When I first started running it, it ran really awful, but then I discovered that I didn't have the newest drivers for my card.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
Slightly off-topic, but I'm stuck in an infinite download loop in Steam. It keeps downloading a 14.7MB patch and then verifying the game files. I tried deleting the contents in the downloading folder, but that didn't help. Any other tips?

EDIT: Figured it out. Avast claims that KingdomCome.exe is malicious :/

Last edited:

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
i7 8700k OC @ 4.7 GHz
GTX 1080 TI
16 GB DDR4 Ram

4K Ultra Settings Average 30 FPS. Lows down to 21 (when raining in city) ad as high as 45 FPS in open farmlands.

I'm interested in seeing what someone running two 1080 TIs gets.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
i7 8700k OC @ 4.7 GHz
GTX 1080 TI
16 GB DDR4 Ram

4K Ultra Settings Average 30 FPS. Lows down to 21 (when raining in city) ad as high as 45 FPS in open farmlands.

I'm interested in seeing what someone running two 1080 TIs gets.

Amazing. Would 60fps be possible in Witcher 3 with those specs? I'm guessing so.

What's with KC:D that's different? Poorly optimised/ needs more dev time?

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here playing at 1440p on a GTX 970 and i5-3570k? Wondering if I'd be able to hit 60 at reasonable settings or if I'd really have to tank them to hit it. Banchmarks don't look so hot but they're all testing at very high settings.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Anyone here playing at 1440p on a GTX 970 and i5-3570k? Wondering if I'd be able to hit 60 at reasonable settings or if I'd really have to tank them to hit it. Banchmarks don't look so hot but they're all testing at very high settings.
dont have the game but going off benches youd probly need low if its possible at all

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
So I put it from High to Ultra High and I couldn't see much or any difference, besides the huge reduction in frame rate.

Edit: sorry for double post. Mods can delete and I will update the post above.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So capping the framerate to 60 and turning vsync off I was able to get a consistent 60FPS across all scenarios including indoors. This is on a GTX1070 Founder Edition, Ryzen 7 1700 factory standard, 16GB DDR4 3000 and installed on an SSD.

I have everything on 'Very High' besides textures at 'Ultra High' with shaders and shadows on 'Low'. This seemed to work the best and makes the game look gorgeous.

Oh, and motion blur off. Because its shit.

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No complaints for me so far.
ryzen 7 1700, gtx 970, 16GB Ram. I get constant 60fps on my native monitor resolution (1680 x 1050), super rare that the fps drops, so I'm happy with performance so far :D

MMaRsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game runs fine on a AMD Phenom X6 1090T @ 3.6GHZ
1060GTX 3GB

Getting around 30-40 fps in scenes with a lot of people, and 45-55 fps in out in the world.

Oct 25, 2017
I just set shaders and shadows to medium on my GFs pc with a 970 with the very high preset and ultra textures (game doesn't ever use more then 2gb vram for me),This brings me to 50-60 fps at 1080p most of the time and i cant even tell what shaders does (i mean i know what it should do of course), there is no visual difference as far as i can see but it eats fps like mad above medium, shadows do make a difference but it's very negligible i can only tell if i look really close, every other settings impact seems to be very minor compared to those 2.
Even at that part with the torches in Talmberg?

Compsiox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some stuttering here but aside from that its been okay

Einherjer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

That's not a 4-core CPU down there that's a 2-core CPU with HT and from what i can see the game really hates HT and performs better on my I7 if i disable it which makes it just a quad core, as you can see from graph there are no big gains from anything higher then 4-cores.

Bmt7FTW.png

Last edited:

PorcoLighto

Oct 25, 2017
That's not a 4-core CPU down there that's a 2-core CPU with HT and from what i can see the game really hates HT and performs better on my I7 if i disable it which makes it just a quad core, as you can see from graph the game has almost no gain from anything higher then 4-cores.

Bmt7FTW.png
The 2nd and 4th graph has figures for core i5 6600K.

Einherjer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The 2nd and 4th graph has figures for core i5 6600K.

There is a bit more difference between those CPUs then just the core count, the higher clock,cache and general way higher ipc are what really makes a difference here, the test was performed on stock CPUs after all.

Last edited:

PorcoLighto

Oct 25, 2017
There is a bit more difference between those CPUs then just the core count, the higher clock,cache and general way higher ipc are what really makes a difference here, the test was performed on stock CPUs after all.
I know very well there are difference between CPUs architectures, but in my opinion they are not what make the big difference here. The 6600k at stock has max boost at 3.9Ghz, the 1700x 3.8Ghz for example, and they have a gap of over 30fps at 720p with the biggest difference in cores count.

Interpret the data however you want, but unless there are data showing the all the CPUs running at the same clock, same amount of cores, arguing about how the difference in architectures and other specs affect the performance is futile.

Edit: also, the 1st graph which you linked is performed on one CPU, and you can see clearly how core/thread counts affect the performance, that's as close as we are gonna get regarding how core counts scale here with this limited data.

Last edited:

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So capping the framerate to 60 and turning vsync off I was able to get a consistent 60FPS across all scenarios including indoors. This is on a GTX1070 Founder Edition, Ryzen 7 1700 factory standard, 16GB DDR4 3000 and installed on an SSD.

I have everything on 'Very High' besides textures at 'Ultra High' with shaders and shadows on 'Low'. This seemed to work the best and makes the game look gorgeous.

Oh, and motion blur off. Because its shit.

Do you know what shaders do? Cause i struggle to find a difference