• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
f1yKnLY.gif

Developer: Square Enix
Release Date: Out Now
Platforms: XB1, PS4
Price: Free if you have the base game already

Description:
The infamous Critical Mode difficulty level introduced in Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, now a series staple, has come to KH3. You know the drill.

New Critical Mode exclusive abilities:
t3VSLsU.jpg

iC0RHJc.jpg

nqF7iLA.jpg

Changes (known so far):
Start with Aerial Recovery, 3 reprisals, every mobility ability
The usual half HP/MP and damage changes
Can import keyblades from a clear file (they start at upgrade level 1 (yes, even Ultima Weapon))
More aggressive enemy AI

Last edited:

HiroTSK5

One Winged Slayer
Nov 4, 2017
Copying and pasting from other thread:

Here's the starting ability list
Actions:

Aerial Recovery
Block
Counter Slash
Counter Impact
Counter Kick
Fatal Blow
Risk Dodge
Rising Spiral
Groundbreaker
Sonic Slash
Buzz Saw
Somersault
Sonic Cleave

Mobility:
Dodge Role
Air Slide x 3
Aerial Dodge
Wall Kick
Pole Spin
Pole Swing
Super Slide x 3

Support:
Zero Exp
Scan
Assist Friends
Magic Lock-On
Combo Master
Damage Control
Critical Counter
Critical Recharge
Critical Converter

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
So how's NG+? Should I NG+ Into Crit or just play from scratch?

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
KH2 on Critical is still one of my favorite gaming experiences, can't wait to do one for this game.

I'll start a new playthrough on Critical soon.

OP
OP

Deleted member 227

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how's NG+? Should I NG+ Into Crit or just play from scratch?
Do you want all keyblades from the beginning or no? That's the only dilemma NG+ brings. They start at level 1 (upgrades are reset), so they don't break the game too much, but it's still messing up progression I guess. This mode seems to have a huge emphasis on form change activation too, so keyblades matter I guess.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it available from the start?

I dropped the game in the middle of the pirates world because the combat wasn't really engaging to me. Those sound like good changes worth restarting for.

Especially Crit Converter getting rid of attractions.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Do you want all keyblades from the beginning or no? That's the only dilemma NG+ brings. They start at level 1 (upgrades are reset), so they don't break the game too much, but it's still messing up progression I guess. This mode seems to have a huge emphasis on form change activation too, so keyblades matter I guess.
Depends, how much do you enjoy dying/like selfie poses?

From the streams I'm watching non NG+ does seem more insane, I'll just do that and if anything do a NG+ from my proud on my 3rd Playthrough.

I'm really excited about the Attraction converter ability, as much as I love the look of attractions, they really were super strong for no reason given their spawn rate.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it available from the start?

I dropped the game in the middle of the pirates world because the combat wasn't really engaging to me. Those sound like good changes worth restarting for.

Especially Crit Converter getting rid of attractions.

Yes, the mode is not locked.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Kupo coin not disabled?
Kupo coins are unavailable in Critical if the streams i'm watching are anything to go off of, unless they don't appear until after the first couple worlds to begin with.
If I recall correctly you don't get a kupo coin until you make it to Twilight Town for the first time.

Kupo Coin is still in. It doesn't show up until Toy Story.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to actually play this for myself

Anyway, I'm currently watching a stream and it looks like playable Riku has been rebalanced in Critical Mode

He can't just destroy several lifebars of the Demon Tower boss with magic now. (I also want to say he gets a smaller magic bar / less magic in general, but I'm not 100% sure on that).

Oct 30, 2017
Personal Death Counter:
3: 2x Darkside, 1x Large Body (Large Body is 1 hit ko early in the game now.)
Death Counter for Proud Mode:
2: 1x to Frozen avalanche escape (fuck those ice dragons and their lasers) 1x to random legendary ship encounter in Caribbean.

I did come close to dying during the final two bosses so the end of Crit is going to be insane.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Okay.

I'm not too upset by the Kupo Coin, but this definitely looks like something to play the shit out of.

...once I get my internet fixed. Goddamn it.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Downloading the update

Is there a visual or audio cue to let you know you successfully pulled off a Critical Counter?

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Let's Celebrate some more good news.

KHIII is not only the current best selling game of 2019. It also has outsold KH1. Making it the most successful entry in the series.

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
Started on NG+ just so I can mess around with all the different keyblades for the whole game instead of having them locked to progression. Just made it past the rock titan and the game feels really dang good on crit. Having a launcher and groundbreaker at the start is great.

Last edited:

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Let's Celebrate some more good news.

KHIII is not only the current best selling game of 2019. It also has outsold KH1. Making it the most successful entry in the series.
Pretty amazing how badly the naysayers were spinning this game's success early on. Guess the general public doesn't care about nerdhole memes that the game's story is confusing.

Can't wait to play this but I'd like to beat the game on Proud first, I just haven't had the time.

KillerDark

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to start this, just finished sekiro the other day... Never finished 100%ing this game though after I beat it so think I am going to do that first

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
I just finished beating all the bosses in Sekiro. I'm ready for this I think. But I should go grind for Ultima before I start NG+ it looks like.

Foxdeimos

Jan 25, 2018
Started my Critical run with NG+. Not because I want to use the overpowered late game keyblades from the beginning, mind you. I just... Wasn't really feeling like going through the process of unlocking the Ultima Keyblade again. So I'm basically just using whatever keyblades I should reasonably have available at any given moment. Finished the introduction section on Herc's world and really enjoying it thus far. Substantially more engaging than Proud. And boy, am I glad to be able to get rid of the attractions.

TheMathyFolf

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if I'll platinum KH3 first or just complete Synthesis and Ultima Weapon before doing NG+ Critical.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did they add trophies for Critical Mode?

They did not.

Good. I'd rather not have my 100% R.I.P. for no reason.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Alright so I played up to the halfway point of Herc both on NG+ and flat Crit, and I find NG+ to be much more fun. The for changes aren't completely busted as to ruin the game, but it adds a lot more diversity to your combos.