Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
We still haven't heard anything about a US release for the LE PS4 Pro, right? Can't believe they announced it at E3 and still only have JP pre-orders for it.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
We still haven't heard anything about a US release for the LE PS4 Pro, right? Can't believe they announced it at E3 and still only have JP pre-orders for it.
My theory is they're bundling a VR set with it and they had to wait until the VR announcement last week before they could make any details known.

But then they've been silent ever since so maybe they're just having a laugh while pulling our legs :(

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My theory is they're bundling a VR set with it and they had to wait until the VR announcement last week before they could make any details known.

But then they've been silent ever since so maybe they're just having a laugh while pulling our legs :(

That would make sense but make me kind of sad since I have no interest in PSVR. I passed up on pre-ordering the 500 Million and Spider-Man editions because of this one, hopefully I don't end up having to import.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Princess and the Frog world woulda been insane. Those colors woulda been mind blowing
I still say its happening. They need 7 new Princesses of Light, and we only have 3.

Signs point to nope

tumblr_peu44jn97r1r0z5iu_500.jpg
If the mid or late game involves reverting Castle Oblivion to Land of Departure ala Hollow Bastion to Radiant Garden in KH1. I am going to scream. Nomura is gonna book end this series to hell and back, but I love it. Parallels, poetry, this is going to be Shakesperian!
I love the video! Big Hero 6 looks so good. I just hope that they don't abandoned the idea about dark baymax and flying on Baymax, like what the concept art indicated. Flying through Fransokyo would be nice.

Also I noticed that the blocks that attack the group look similar to the bug blocks from Coded.

kh-big619dgs.png

Maybe the Big Hero 6 world is in the Datascape? ;P

Looks like the mystery black coat is actually

a form ofKH1 Riku
pa26snf5pwl11.png

With all the bugs in San Fransokyo, I'm guessing it might be Data Riku.
Data Riku, I have been saying it since the Riku Reveal. Its all going to come back, not one character is going to be untouched.

As for the character reedesign, I hadn't notixed till it was pointed out. I guess its because they feel.... More natural? Like the new Riku and Young Xehanort models feel much more like they should feel, so for me it was like seeing characters I already am used to compared to the previous trailers. There is a slight loss of detail, but those are some Nintendo like gains when it comes to improving the game 6 months or so before launch.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think they have one more Pixar world. Guess which Pixar world was the freshest when kh3 started development and also has a princess as the main character. Brave is my next bet to bring a world in the game. It might be too similar to the tangled world though so who knows. Wall-E is the next one but it'll be the spaceship

FrontierGamer

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
I think that, among the possible new worlds to be announced, there could be:

Lilo and Stitch
The Princess and the Frog
The Brave
The Jungle Book

At least 2 of these Disney worlds.
(+ the original Kingdom Hearts worlds:

The Destiny Islands
The Lands of Departure
The Radiant Garden)

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like Brave's MC hair looks like pain in the ass to render lol

Jungle book is a good shout since they tried to put it in the game in the past like with Toy Story.

Toucan

Oct 30, 2017
I absolutely hate how the trailers for this game only include music and voice lines, but zero sound effects. The first time i saw one I assumed someone leaked an unfinished copy, but apparently it's intentional.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely hate how the trailers for this game only include music and voice lines, but zero sound effects. The first time i saw one I assumed someone leaked an unfinished copy, but apparently it's intentional.
It's only when Utada's vocal song plays. It's unfortunate and that's why I want trailers without it (even though I love the song)

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I 100% agree. It feels completely disjointed, rushed, and unfinished. It reminds me of the old Versus trailers where there was huge gaps of missing dialog and effects.

Still excited for the game but the trailers have been really bizarre and weirdly cobbled together.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know if the Foretellers will show up at all? At the very least I want them as data boss fights :^)

They have such cool designs

Foreteller_Ira_KHXBC.png

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We need a retro/2d inspired world. Taking so much from pixar means mostly the same artstyle throughout the games. It's really missing variety.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I look forward to you both realizing that Passion is not even close to Chikai. Chikai is one of Utada's best songs and better than Passion. By far.

Not at all. Is far less interesting and layered than passion. Way more repetitive and doesn't flow at all (curiously Passion's backward phrases flow a lot better than some lines in Chikai).

Still good song, but the only way it completely buys me is if the opening Visual Works does for it hits as hard as KH2 and 3D

Holyoneturtle

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So what are the chances this console will release side by side with the game?
Also, is it safe to assume that KH3 will have an "enhanced" or "pro" mode?

I've already decided to buy this version of the Ps4 Pro and I have the game pre-ordered but if the console doesn't release with the game I'm just going to start playing it (lol ive waited too long for me to not play it). But if there's an "enhanced" mode (or w/e they want to call it) it might make me second guess it.

Baaahhh idk what to do if there is an enhanced mode.

Damn

1st world problems.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
So what are the chances this console will release side by side with the game?
Also, is it safe to assume that KH3 will have an "enhanced" or "pro" mode?

I've already decided to buy this version of the Ps4 Pro and I have the game pre-ordered but if the console doesn't release with the game I'm just going to start playing it (lol ive waited too long for me to not play it). But if there's an "enhanced" mode (or w/e they want to call it) it might make me second guess it.

Baaahhh idk what to do if there is an enhanced mode.

Damn

1st world problems.
I am assuming you are talking about the KH3 Limited PS4 Pro?
We don't know if there will be enhanced mode or not but going by 0.2, PS4 pro version will have higher frame rate/resolution.

As for the game releasing with it, the Japanese bundle have game included so I assume West will be the same. But we don't know until official info comes out.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
We need a retro/2d inspired world. Taking so much from pixar means mostly the same artstyle throughout the games. It's really missing variety.
There's two Pixar worlds. Toy Story and Monsters Inc. One has a distinct toy aesthetic, the other has a fairly distinct monster aesthetic, both very different from each other and the rest of KHIII's worlds. The only stylistically somewhat similar worlds so far are Frozen and Tangled, and even then that mostly applies to the characters, what's with Frozen depicting a kingdom of snow and Tangled a more warm climate, so it's not like they are otherwise gonna feel too samey.

KHIII has a toy world, a monster world, a winter wonderland, a greek heaven, a modern superhero world, a pirate world, some original ones (tropical island,a small town at twilight, realm of darkness, TWTNW etc.). There's plenty of variety setting-wise, even if some worlds share a somewhat similar character design style (which really wouldn't be "fixed" even if they did more 2D Disney)

malyse

Community Resetter
There's two Pixar worlds. Toy Story and Monsters Inc. One has a distinct toy aesthetic, the other has a fairly distinct monster aesthetic, both very different from each other and the rest of KHIII's worlds. The only stylistically somewhat similar worlds so far are Frozen and Tangled, and even then that mostly applies to the characters, what's with Frozen depicting a kingdom of snow and Tangled a more warm climate, so it's not like they are otherwise gonna feel too samey.

KHIII has a toy world, a monster world, a winter wonderland, a greek heaven, a modern superhero world, a pirate world, some original ones (tropical island,a small town at twilight, realm of darkness, TWTNW etc.). There's plenty of variety setting-wise, even if some worlds share a somewhat similar character design style (which really wouldn't be "fixed" even if they did more 2D Disney)
Don't forget the Star Wars and Marvel worlds.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
Gotta say, all this theory crafting around the mysterious white haired, cloaked figure really brings me back to Deep Dive theory crafting. I love it!

Oct 25, 2017
So I bought the KH All-in-One Package so I can play through everything before KH3 comes out. I had replayed the first game a couple years ago, so I'm starting with Re:Chain of Memories.

I had forgotten how slow the early hours are before you get any fun character cards. I do still like the card-based battles, but it's weird to be playing it in 3D after having only played the GBA version way back at release.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
The full reveal trailer should be up any time from now until tomorrow night. I'll update the thread once it happens!

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Simple and Clean & Sanctuary are like guilty pleasure bops that remind me of a decade ago but wouldn't listen to in public because I'd feel embarrassed if people heard.

Don't Think Twice sounds more clean, mature, and more respectable in design compared to the other songs, and it's one I would let others know I listen to if my friends asked.

But of course I have an awful taste in music and the AUX cord has been taken away from me before so my opinions on the theme songs are not very valid lmao

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Here's my hot take.

I'm completely done with Hikari/Simple and Clean. Tired of it.

Give me Passion/Sanctuary any day. Love that one way more. Especially since it isn't remixed to death and plastered on every opening.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Here's my hot take.

I'm completely done with Hikari/Simple and Clean. Tired of it.

Give me Passion/Sanctuary any day. Love that one way more. Especially since it isn't remixed to death and plastered on every opening.

Simple and Clean is massively overused, to be sure. That's not a hot take at all, it's a fact.

Passion is just a bad song, though. It has no consistent melodic through-line, it just feels like a fever dream with occasional singing.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Love simple and clean, love the orchestral version more .

I like Sanctuary.

The new song is dogshit.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chikai is good but it kinda pales in comparison to the previous tracks compositionally speaking. The extremely basic chord progression that sounds like it wasn't even written but just improvised on a dime, and instrumentation being juxtaposed by the irregular time signature makes it hard to chew on, as I don't find myself getting particularly invested in the track. It just feels like a really protracted build up. It's kind of catchy on re-listens but I came away from the entire track really ambivalent, with the only real standout moment of it being the very ending which to me doesn't have a coda that's immense enough to justify itself. It's very much a track that's representative of where Utada is at this point in her life musically speaking but I kind of feel like it's just way too much "swing" in it.

Passion/Sanctuary was by far the best track out of the three. Not only was it's main version ethereal and dreamy as hell, evoking so many emotions of intensity, melancholy and nostalgia - already a track that feels like it could be for the "dark chapter" of the series after Simple & Clean's upbeat tune - but the credits version is a pure example of how some subtle changes to the same track turns it into a really heartfelt, happy tune.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Lilo & Stitch and/or Treasure Planet is easily my 2 most wanted worlds for KH3. Expecting something like Disney Castle (with more characters), Jungle Book and Winnie the Pooh.