• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
Well, it's kinda obvious since all the E3 trailers had sound effects except when her song starts to play.
I'm still not sure about that. I remember there being voices and sound effects over the ballad version of Sanctuary back in KH2. Actually, I don't think we got a clean version until she released it in 2009.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope she is. I think it would be a shitty turn in her story to wade through shit her entire time around and then not get her redemption until the very end, and it having to be something someone else does for her. She should be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
I really hope Aqua spends less than half the game turned.

She has been through so much bullshit in this series, she deserves to be one of the driving forces at the end.
This.

She always felt like the best protagonist in the series compared to Sora, it also seems like Willa Holland has improved her voice acting which is good.
Yeah, I agree she's my favorite, and getting to play her again in 0.2 only added to that.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that doesn't answer shit and who be paying attention like that?

Of course this answer it. The E3 trailer had full sound effects until the song starts to play, so they cut the sounds effects on purpose.

I'm still not sure about that. I remember there being voices and sound effects over the ballad version of Sanctuary back in KH2. Actually, I don't think we got a clean version until she released it in 2009.

Those were different times.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
How do you know this?
It's pretty obvious when they have half a trailer with Shimomura music and sound effects and then they cut to the Utada song and there are no sound effects.

Take the Frozen and Square Enix Showcase E3
Trailers, for example. The Frozen trailer has a scene with Elsa where she shoots a reindeer Heartless during the Utada montage. It doesn't have sound effects, right?

But that same scene is used in the Square Enix Showcase trailer in the Shimomura music section and it has sound effects.

They aren't being lazy, saying the game won't have sound effects, or anything like that. They just have to promote the theme song and make it as clear as possible.

MisterBear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
God, these trailers are terrible.

I don't understand why they cannot get the sound to work on them? Are they still temp so they don't want to play them? Their cuts are so all over the place too. The marketing for this game has been odd....

I'm super excited though.
It's pretty obvious when they have half a trailer with Shimomura music and sound effects and then they cut to the Utada song and there are no sound effects.

Take the Frozen and Square Enix Showcase E3
Trailers, for example. The Frozen trailer has a scene with Elsa where she shoots a reindeer Heartless during the Utada montage. It doesn't have sound effects, right?

But that same scene is used in the Square Enix Showcase trailer in the Shimomura music section and it has sound effects.

They aren't being lazy, saying the game won't have sound effects, or anything like that. They just have to promote the theme song and make it as clear as possible.
Interesting.

That's such a Japanese developer thing it sounds like haha. Most devs would be like, "Then we wont have that song..." or "Then we wont do the trailer".

(Also I really do not like that song, think it sounds really bad)

Sorry to sound so negative!

carda114

Oct 28, 2017
It's clear by now that the lack of foley and other sound effects in these trailers as "Passion" is playing is definitely by design. That doesn't mean you have to like it, obviously, but it isn't an indicator that the game is having problems or anything like that. It's a choice of... style, maybe? Or perhaps they're obligated to do it to showcase Utada Hikaru's latest theme for the series. Whatever the intent may be, it is intentional.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
200.gif

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Vanitas was a total jobber in BBS tho.
Not really. He was number two big bad, right hand to big bad, so it was kind of his duty to lose to the heroes. But in the meantime he caused a lot of havoc and was the entire reason the normal enemies in the game even existed. Not to mention some of his fights were among the hardest in the entire game (Neverland fight as Aqua comes to mind).

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Guess it's kinda not the same, Shenmue is based around the QTE, they basically invented them or at least brought them to the mainstream, BBS has QTEs in bosses but up until Vanitas none meant instant game over.
I took your point that you were frustrated at having a quick time event and failing it had bad repercussions. I pointed out the same happens in Shenmue II, just like 300 times more and failing it meant replaying entire segments and boss fights over and over again.

Like, I honestly just thought "well if this person doesn't like the one fight where that happens, they need to stay away from the game where it happens in 30 fights and 40 chase sequences."

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
So the US trailer drops tomorrow...are we sure they're not just going to wait until tomorrow to simultaneously release it or are they just not going to care and release JP now.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Guys they'll keep doing the no sound effects thing with the music.

I'm just glad that the voices are still going.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
There's a few episodes of Big Hero 6: The Series left. Here's hoping Disney have cut together a 30 second montage trailer of the BH6 world to play as a commercial during the show.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I took your point that you were frustrated at having a quick time event and failing it had bad repercussions. I pointed out the same happens in Shenmue II, just like 300 times more and failing it meant replaying entire segments and boss fights over and over again.

Like, I honestly just thought "well if this person doesn't like the one fight where that happens, they need to stay away from the game where it happens in 30 fights and 40 chase sequences."

As i see it, if you play shenmue, you're making a pledge that this will happen because it's basically the core of the game, so if you get frustrated is like "how could i have known a shark would eat me if i went swimming to shark lagoon!", meanwhile in KH, QTE's are just like dressing on top of the actual battle system, through the entire game QTEs are just "quick press this to do something super awesome!" but suddenly, on the final boss for Ventus no less, they drop one that means instant death, it's completely counter intuitive to the entire game you just played.