Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really delighted that KH3 is a step up from DDD in level design, and feels the closest to KH1 in design sensibilities. Multiple paths! Verticality returns! Whilst I'll have to wait until the end of the game to see if Wonderland/Hollow Bastion can be beaten, I am currently appeased, lol. I still wish the flowmotion wall flashing/color filter was a bit less noticeable, though, as it does a disservice to the art direction.

Herc sounded really odd, I was really surprised. I presume it was the same VA from KH2?
Yeah, Herc is voiced by Tate Donovan, who voiced Herc in the original movie, KH2, and Re:coded.

Rckstar

Oct 29, 2017
My first kingdom hearts and ....

The positive - it's gorgeous !!! So stunning to look at

The bad - the gameplay ...I'm.4 hours in ( at the toy story section ) and wtf this gameplay is just...mindless button mashing

It's xxx triangle and repeating ....which is making me kinda bored tbh :/

It's stupid easy this time around. Lets hope for a critical mode as DLC...

PurgeVIII

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
United States
I really wish the story of this game was just exploring Disney worlds and helping the characters out. The KH story being implemented within the Disney stories is just horrible.
No way. KH3 caters pretty hard to the fans of the original story. You'll see what I mean when you continue. If you don't like that then, tough luck tbh. They're not gonna screw over their most loyal fans.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

The bad - the gameplay ...I'm.4 hours in ( at the toy story section ) and wtf this gameplay is just...mindless button mashing

Have you used magic and the shotlock?

ren-shin

Oct 28, 2017

Usually KH games are always this case. That's why a lot of people (myself included) play on proud difficulty (or critical, but that is absent here in 3). It makes you think and react more, it really is the better way to play.

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only 5 hours in, but I want to drop by and say this is everything and anything I could have dreamed of. My expectations were low, due to how Square Enix has dropped the ball so many times this generation, but this game has blown me away so far. I'm so happy.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017

The game offers tools to spruce up the combat beyond mashing X and using attraction flows & finish moves (flowmotion, magic, shotlock, links, keyblade specific stuff, keyblade switching mid-combo, counter-attacks etc.). Make use of them.

And never play Kingdom Hearts on anything but the hardest difficulty levels. KHIII isn't super hard even on Proud but there are times where you can be beaten to a pulp pretty quickly if you just mash a button and don't bother with positioning, blocking & dodging.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but these all feel like "spectacles" ie summoning in FF, at least in FF there's some strategy to it like healing, conserving Mana, potions etc but here I don't think I even used a potion once so far ;c
You could try turning on the No Exp ability. Will make enemies more of a threat in the long run while you still get some key abilities after winning some battles (not everything is tied to character levels so No Exp doesn't mean you are completely restricting all the cool stuff from yourself).

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm really delighted that KH3 is a step up from DDD in level design, and feels the closest to KH1 in design sensibilities. Multiple paths! Verticality returns! Whilst I'll have to wait until the end of the game to see if Wonderland/Hollow Bastion can be beaten, I am currently appeased, lol. I still wish the flowmotion wall flashing/color filter was a bit less noticeable, though, as it does a disservice to the art direction.

Herc sounded really odd, I was really surprised. I presume it was the same VA from KH2?

Same VA from all the kingdom hearts games and from the Hercules movie. Tate Donovan.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The game offers tools to spruce up the combat beyond mashing X and using attraction flows & finish moves (flowmotion, magic, shotlock, links, keyblade specific stuff, keyblade switching mid-combo, counter-attacks etc.). Make use of them.

And never play Kingdom Hearts on anything but the hardest difficulty levels. KHIII isn't super hard even on Proud but there are times where you can be beaten to a pulp pretty quickly if you just mash a button and don't bother with positioning, blocking & dodging.

Playing on standard currently, can I change the difficulty in the middle of a play through? If so I'll try it..I just feel like a tank bulldozing everything since everything is a pushover hell I don't even have to dodge it's so piss easy

Rckstar

Oct 29, 2017
Playing on standard currently, can I change the difficulty in the middle of a play through? If so I'll try it..I just feel like a tank bulldozing everything since everything is a pushover hell I don't even have to dodge it's so piss easy

You will have to start over to change the difficulty. Proud is more fun tho...

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but these all feel like "spectacles" ie summoning in FF, at least in FF there's some strategy to it like healing, conserving Mana, potions etc but here I don't think I even used a potion once so far ;c
There's an actual summon system that (based on the few time's I've used them) actually feel balanced. Attraction flow feels like something they created for the trailers with no thought on how they'd actually be balanced in game.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, you can't change. You'd have to start over. If the No Exp ability is available on Standard, try that.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017

Do you understand what's going on?

Deleted member 42105

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Damn :[ I really really really don't want to do that..shame I guess, I'll try no exp
If you're only 4 hours in, I highly recommend restarting on Proud and skip cutscenes while you're this early. Combat gets super meaty in the latter third of the game if you're on proud. It'll force you to learn all the exciting aspects of the game. Standard is a coast.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
A9QLg2p.gif

A smaller sized gif this time because the original was way too big and wouldn't process.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Do you understand what's going on?

Nope. Again I never played a KH games, my friend is trying to help me understand the story, watched some recap videos but it's too much to take in at once, I sometimes pause the game and go to wikipedia to see what character x looks like, who they are so I can have some understanding

Twilight town has been kinda meh on me so far since I had no clue who those kids are and so much exposition

Still want to continue even if I'm lost, cause it's Soo damn pretty and I love the music.

Deleted member 4609

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't understand the instructions. I've only gotten 1 Good result, the rest I've either used too much force on or been too slow with.

You slowly move the sticks in opposite directions (but not all the way through, more or less to walk speed) until Sora starts to shine. Then you keep going a little longer and red-ish trails will start to swirl around Sora. That's the moment to press R1+L1.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
final boss down, that ending and epilogue were something alright

gonna work on getting the lucky emblems tomorrow for the secret ending

Alox12

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 23, 2019
I finally got my copy! I'm already emotional after Dearly Beloved, such an amazing version.

Rckstar

Oct 29, 2017
Nope. Again I never played a KH games, my friend is trying to help me understand the story, watched some recap videos but it's too much to take in at once, I sometimes pause the game and go to wikipedia to see what character x looks like, who they are so I can have some understanding

Twilight town has been kinda meh on me so far since I had no clue who those kids are and so much exposition

Still want to continue even if I'm lost, cause it's Soo damn pretty and I love the music.

Play KH2 at some point! The gameplay is great!