Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Should I wait to play this game (as I still haven't finished 2 first) because with square enix game like FFXV i had to wait 2 years to have the complete experience. Does this game will have DLC or does it feel complete at the end?

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
So four hours into the game. Everything plays and looks great, love it. The music is great. However, the way they cut the story so far is just confusing the fuck out of me even more so then I thought possible. I played all the games so I thought okay won't be that lost... and I am indeed still confused. Oh well, at least the gameplay loop is fun. Hopefully the story starts making sense soon.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Man the frame drop is real. Also, why does it seem like stable mode is worse than default mode? Stable mode targets FPS while default targets visuals yet the latter is giving me better FPS than the former.

Aside from this issue, I've been thoroughly enjoying this thus far. It's everything I hoped for.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Man the frame drop is real. Also, why does it seem like stable mode is worse than default mode? Stable mode targets FPS while default targets visuals yet the latter is giving me better FPS than the former.

Aside from this issue, I've been thoroughly enjoying this thus far. It's everything I hoped for.
don't play stable mode

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Corona is easily the best world in the series so far. Simply amazing and so aesthetically pleasing.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can you change difficulty after starting ? I was going to change to proud as others suggested .

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
fTOoGnY.gif

https://twitter.com/Much118x

Sooooooooo beautiful... that water.

No this isn't a spoiler before anyone says it is.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
No way. KH3 caters pretty hard to the fans of the original story. You'll see what I mean when you continue. If you don't like that then, tough luck tbh. They're not gonna screw over their most loyal fans.
Yeah for the consistency's sake it's good but KH was always about self-inserting Sora into the prescripted Disney movie moments like the mary sue that he is. At least that is consistent and truly culminative for this game as a trilogy finale, moving onto the Pixar movies.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
You know, we live in a timeline where JRPGs now have pretty decent to good voice acting. Why does voice work for KH still sounds so off? Maybe it's just the first stage, but damn Herc was rough.

Donald and Goofy are fine though.
I really wonder if this is a SE thing and the voice directors they work with? FFXV's English voice direction was pretty bad too. I swear, even Tales of games and other low-budget JRPGs have better VO than FFs.

I think it's the other way around. Stable Mode has locked fps and better graphcis, Default has unlocked fps.
  • Standard Mode(標準モード): Offers better frame rate at the cost of graphics
グラフィックの動きが滑らかになります​
"The graphics movement will be smooth"​
  • Stable Mode (安定モード): Offers better graphics at the cost of performance.
操作中のグラフィックの動きが安定します​
Frame rate will be stable.​

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is the basic combat with the Keyblade just hitting X, or is there any DMC/Tales like mechanics where you can hold directional buttons with X or hold down X to do different moves? I'd love if there was a launcher of some sort.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Played through Olympus last night and got to Twilight Town. Having a good time so far. I like the gummi ship.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One reason I'm glad I took the week off from work for KH3 is that it's -24 degrees here with a -60 windchill here in Milwaukee.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Is the basic combat with the Keyblade just hitting X, or is there any DMC/Tales like mechanics where you can hold directional buttons with X or hold down X to do different moves? I'd love if there was a launcher of some sort.

I actually just unlocked a combo modifier to launch enemies myself. I was surprised because I figured there wouldn't be any.
I can now press circle mid combo to launch enemies, which is neat.

Nov 14, 2017
So maybe it's that I haven't played a Kingdom Hearts game in forever or that it's on Unreal Engine 4 but man at least in the first world (Olympus) everyone looks shiny and weird.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I really wonder if this is a SE thing and the voice directors they work with? FFXV's English voice direction was pretty bad too. I swear, even Tales of games and other low-budget JRPGs have better VO than FFs.

I think it's the other way around. Stable Mode has locked fps and better graphcis, Default has unlocked fps.

Ah that explains it. Thanks. Didn't realize default was the mode with the unlocked frame rate. Thought that was stable mode, which is why I was confused when it just felt terrible to play.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Figured I'd try and get through the Kingdom Hearts focused stuff at the end in one sitting. Two and a half hours later I have to call it quits to go and run some errands and I feel like I'm not even halfway through.

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
All of the Disney worlds have been great until I hit the Frozen world. I am not a fan of the story in it. Haven't seen Frozen though.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I have a trivial question

Right after olympus we meet R and M in Drk wrld

Why is riku surprised when mickey says aqua is like sora?

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm assuming if you're a newcomer you should avoid this game like the plague due to the story? I'm curious to check it out but I've only played a few hours of the original back in 2002 and that's it.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy

I took it as Riku being surprised at the thought of Aqua being silly/goofy like Sora, instead of a serious Keyblade Master. Though I don't know if there was something else more specific.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA

I thought it was basically
Riku took it to mean like.. Aqua is a goof, and kind of a dummy, but then Mickey was like "Oh, no I meant like, she's strong-willed and capable."

Yeah, and there are plenty of jokey references to all the criticism KH has gotten, I feel.
It definitely feels like the most self-aware KH game so far. I thought it was pretty funny when
they're in Twilight Town and everyone's like "uh, it really hasn't been that long, Sora" and Sora keeps going "Well, it feels like it has...."

Last edited:

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
IMO the Frozen World might as well not exist as it was the least impactful out of all the worlds.

Tangled best Disney world

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Corona was amazing. The retelling of tangled was very faithful and the kh stuff didnt feel as forced as it usually does when they try to retell disney moments. The enviroment, music, and oh god the character animations were so good! I couldnt believe how the tangled charactered moved and acted like they did in the films! They didnt have that video game siffness i expected, and yeah while the models arent disney cg level, they still looked damn close

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still in the first world but after noticing that it's rather easy, well.... really easy, and on top of that the thread here with people saying it's incredibly easy, I wonder... should I restart and go for the last difficulty? I believe it's called Proud? Does it provide more of a challenge or barely a difference?

I don't need to be killed left and right, totally ruining my enjoyment, but I do like a little challenge.