• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vala

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe some of their mobile games? Like that Palm thing...
Anyway, they say RE engine is used in many games. We only know about RE 7. We also know they are making the RE 2 remake and Yasuhiro Ampo (Revelations 2 director) is working on a new game too. Those are good candidates!
BTW, i asked them about UNREAL and that was their answer.

Last edited:

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
DMC V confirmed to run on Unity? :O

Hm, so we may have our true MT Framework successor here. This certainly gives ground for DMCV possibly not running on UE4.

LETSGO

DMC V + Sengoku Basara V
Yeeeaaahhhh

tenor.gif

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean yeah that's the interpretation. Capcom definitely talking up this mystery Itsuno/Kobayashi game. Kobayashi probably the producer again.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Itsuno-sama who arth thou at Capcom,
Hallowed be thy controller
Thy mercy come,
Thy game design be done,
in action gaming, as it is stylish
Give us this day our daily action gaming,
and forgive us our scrubbyness,
as we also have forgiven those who are scrubbier.
And lead us not into mediocre action games….
but deliver us #Devil May Cry V .
Amen

Xpliskin

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so used to fake Itsuno tweets that I had to check it on his actual page.

Well seems 2018 will be a great year for Capcom.

My theory is that panta rhei is being worked on based on very early specs of PS5/NextBox.

RennerSage

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So Nero will be in this

was he a popular character in DMC 4, surprised Capcom is continuing with him?

Deleted member 19761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I fucking love Nero and want his gameplay to be expanded it has great potential. He is a good source of cutscene angst and his interactions with Dante are the best thing in the series' story IMO.

To me I would be surprised if Vergil, Nero and Dante aren't all playable. Maybe Dante is a little bit favored and gets an extra weapon or something but they've all gotta be there this time.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
Meh, honestly i won't care that much if Nero is not there. Is not like i don't like as a character, but... idk, i don't think we need him.

All i want is Vergil comeback. :D

200.gif

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Nero's not the deepest character, but he's so much fun to play as and the interactions between him and Big Daddy Vergil are going to be fantastic. I'd love to see a post-time-skip character redesign for him, too. The Devil May Cry series only has like six characters in total, so it's not like there isn't room for him :P

RennerSage

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I assume Nero will be in there because of Vergil's cutscene in the special editin

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I want the DMCV version of this scene from Hellsing Ultimate (with Vergil in the middle looking at Nero and Dante):

standoff.png

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they take influence from one of the few good things about DmC, the levels visual design and design. I could go for some damn colors in my levels

I want the DMCV version of this scene from Hellsing Ultimate (with Vergil in the middle looking at Nero and Dante):

standoff.png

Where did you get that picture of parts of the united states from

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Ehhh, just rip Nero's arm off and put it on Dante. Make it a new Devil Bringer style. I like the mechanics of the character more than the character itself.

Nero just seems like the middle ground between Dantes and Vergils personality. He just doesn't come across as his own because of that.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Man i so want Nero to come back his interactions with Vergil will be priceless.he is no DmC Dante/Vergil.

Edit: that Kobayashi game could simply be Resident Evil unless he is just involved on the movies

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
He never really inherited anything of Vergil in terms of personality.

In any case they have to complete the Vader/Luke arc between the two so Nero has to be a key player in DMCV if Vergil is coming back. They kinda hinted it in the special edition too.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I like Nero a lot. He's the one I like least among the three because, come on, you can't really compete with the twins. Still, I like the character a lot. And I'd love to see his character fleshed out some more. I'm looking forward to having him back and seeing his interactions with both Dante and Vergil.

Really hope that they do a lot with the Devil Bringer this time around. Give it a full set of moves, let players use it as a weapon aside from just Buster. Or maybe give more variety to Buster.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh, just rip Nero's arm off and put it on Dante. Make it a new Devil Bringer style. I like the mechanics of the character more than the character itself.

Naaaah. Outside of specifically Snatching things to your location for lazy air combos, the Devil Bringer isn't that exciting in the context of the rest of Dante's toolkit. Dante has so many ways to approach the enemy. Sure you still have to chase them when you knock them back, but it's inconsequential to Dante's uptime on the enemy target. Air Trick, Sky Stars, Million Stab, Dashes and Killer Bees make it so easy while also forcing enemies to keep chasing after Dante when his position updates.

The Devil Bringer as it is in DMC4 and for DmC's Dante is only interesting because of all of Nero's systems and limitations.

... Definitely works for DmC Vergil though, I'll concede that much. As little as I like DmC, being able to position enemies while buffering charge attacks is inspired.

RennerSage

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why does Capcom refuse to do a prequel with Sparda? you think they would of done one by now

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Why does Capcom refuse to do a prequel with Sparda? you think they would of done one by now
There's two schools of thought when it comes to that.

On one hand, Sparda has such an air of mystique because most of his story is in legend, and everything else is filled in by the player's imagination. If you're going to throw off the veil, you only have one shot to do such a thing right. And not everybody has it in them to do it as "right" as Big Boss was in Snake Eater.

The other thing is that, obviously, after so long, Dante should be front and center, again, with Vergil and Nero in tow. There's also the idea that this series already has problems as it is moving on from Sparda's legacy/power as it is, and a prequel would likely make that even harder.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There is only one team working on DMC, and they're more invested in characters like Nero and Vergil because they had direct involvement with creating them. Dante is the main character and people care about him. So I don't think there's any incentive for them to make a Sparda game when it'll exclude the entire cast and won't really offer anything gameplay-wise that can't be done in a regular sequel.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think I'd want something like that. I like not having a clear picture of him and instead simply hearing talk of how powerful he was. After all, he's the Legendary Dark Knight. It would kind of lessen the "legend" aspect for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.