• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
What is happening in this thread?
giphy.webp

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Except that it's not open world DMC. Maybe read the OP more carefully next time.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
The OP approached us asking to post this information on ResetEra and we found enough reason to allow it. We'd like to make it clear that this is not an endorsement. The staff cannot verify that all the contents of this leak are accurate. The OP has accepted full responsibility for posting this material and if it turns out to be a hoax they have agreed to take a permanent ban.

What if the announcement gets delayed even though the project turns out to be true?

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
What is happening in this thread?

DMC5 info leaked

Then what happened was the war of the leakers with them calling each other out

Then one leaker got banned

Sunhi came out posted a legend-type gif

Then a wild Pope-King Geoff appeared

Then another poster said he got a message from a leaker before all this went down saying announcement THIS year

theosmeo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The OP approached us asking to post this information on ResetEra and we found enough reason to allow it. We'd like to make it clear that this is not an endorsement. The staff cannot verify that all the contents of this leak are accurate. The OP has accepted full responsibility for posting this material and if it turns out to be a hoax they have agreed to take a permanent ban.
Permanent DAMN that's intense.

In other news im so hyped oml

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
herewego.gif

I expect a lot more complaining come official reveal.
There will be A LOT of people complaining about the open world-ah aspect, the (theoretical) RPG elements, lack of Vergil as a playable character, probably Dante's new outfit too and look too for all we know. These are all expected, you can't please everyone, I just hope that if it's actually a really good game, the eventual shitposting won't sentence it to death before it's released.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
I feel like we will get something as crazy looking and even more than what we saw from DMC4 ps3 original demo with all the fancy gothicness and cloth physics.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Did anyone legitimately expect a DmC follow-up? Really?

It wasn't an uncommon sentiment.

Unfortunately, it also usually came with some smarmy backhanded insult to old DMC fans.

Seriously though, I don't know why people were expecting DmC2. Capcom is done with outsourcing and Ninja Theory said they weren't working on it.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Games with V in their title are never what they seem lately, Grigori is going to show up at the end of the game exploding out of the moon and it will be revealed DMC verse is the future world of Dragon's Dogma.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BTW ShamelessZeroMain is trying to defend himself on Twitter saying his esports manager used his account on Era... LMAO!

"I was hacked!"

I think people forget that losing an account on here really doesn't have the same peril as loosing a Gaf account did. And people account suicided on fake leaks all the time there.

It's so shitty for people to keep playing with gamers desires like this. It's really ridiculous.

So when DMC5 is real and lines up with what we heard, you'll take that ban?

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
DMC5 info leaked

Then what happened was the war of the leakers with them calling each other out

Then one leaker got banned

Sunhi came out posted a legend-type gif

Then a wild Pope-King Geoff appeared

Then another poster said he got a message from a leaker before all this went down saying announcement THIS year

I leave to watch the punisher and this is what happens holy shit

Nov 11, 2017
Software
This is silly. Literally I'm reading a Dahbomb theory list as a legitimate leak.

I think people forget that losing an account on here really doesn't have the same peril as loosing a Gaf account did. And people account suicided on fake leaks all the time there.

It's bullshit. Leading people on because DMC5 has pretty much become the Half life 3 of Sony conferences.

Just ask yourself this one thing. What motivation does Capcom, a company already struggling for a hit, have to gain from continously pushing back the trailer for a franchise that while is big, is nowhere near as big as its biggest, ones that have essentially been stripped down cheap versions of their former selves.

What motivation and profit is there in the extra development cost and resource cost to move a linear action game that has never had more than middle of the road success, into an open world? And on top of that spend more on cgi scenes?

Look at SFV at launch
Look at RE7
Look at the Megaman collections
Look at Marvel

But capcom is balls in on a open world devil may cry title? That is going to be 4 years of development? That is only going to get a less than year of promotion?

I could go on but nothing about this leak makes sense outside of it being a not so elaborate troll of a young forum and a userbase desperate for a new entry in a beloved series.

It's so shitty for people to keep playing with gamers desires like this. It's really ridiculous.

Embrace the leak. Be one with the leak.
5Ltz1EH.gif

Aranea

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone in here is fiending on their popcorns waiting for the next crunchy development.

tenor.gif

BTW ShamelessZeroMain is trying to defend himself on Twitter saying his esports manager used his account on Era... LMAO!

Man,what a hoot

Thanks for the update fam,now I can continue to see what happens

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
This is what I have been saying for weeks now.

Just leave it to this man

_OTd15ok.jpg

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe in just a cynic, but there's very little chance that this thing lives up to people's expectations. I'd rather see them do something new.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't an uncommon sentiment.

Unfortunately, it also usually came with some smarmy backhanded insult to old DMC fans.

Seriously though, I don't know why people were expecting DmC2. Capcom is done with outsourcing and Ninja Theory said they weren't working on it.

I actually liked DmC (the remaster at least) and if you told me there was a sequel happening, I wouldn't exactly be upset. Realistically though, there was never a chance that game was getting a follow-up. Like you said, Ninja Theory already confirmed they were out and there's no reason an internal Capcom team would make DmC2 over DMC5.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Hello. I have been a dmc fan since the early days, and someone pm'd me on discord early today (before this thread) and told me that DMCV was going to get announced this year at VGA, and told me that if I wanted I could post it on dmc discord, and I did, he/she told me that if it doesnt get shown I could expose him/her on discord.

Then this thread happens with the leak, and the person pm'd me again saying that he/she isnt sure if its vga or psx, but that it will be 100% this year and then told me that I should post that here on this thread on era.

Take this as a grain of salt, but it is very suspicious, me getting that pm from someone random and then this thread happening, maybe there is some truth to it?

I surely would love to see dmcv getting officially announced this year.

Btw. It was not Son of Sparda who pm'd me on discord, just in case.

Hope I am not crossing any lines with this, just wanted to share it with everyone.
Yep, seems likely, I think. VGA makes the most sense to me. Like I said earlier in the thread, Sony seems to making PSX a very low-key event this year, and as far as Capcom is concerned, I think E3 2018 will be solely reserved for REmake 2. VGA seems like a good place for a reveal, I think.

Also, SweetNicole or any other Mods in here, y'all aren't gonna perma-ban Son of Sparda if DMCV gets revealed earlier than E3, are you? I'd understand if the game itself ended up not existing at all, but SoS seems like a cool dude, especially with him putting his neck out like this. Perma-banning him just because of a reveal discrepancy would be a bit harsh, to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.