• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Vergil is most likely going to become the Vegeta to Dante's Goku where he's the much cooler character who ends up having to job to the villain in order to make the villain seem more threatening to Dante

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
Nero is a solid argument why if we get another protagonist/Sparda bloodline descendant, they should be female. Dante, Nero, Vergil and Sparda, while all having distinct silhouettes and colors, still have a bunch of overlap visually. I can't imagine Dante having a son who's also cocky and whose color is cyan or magenta. If they made a female character related to one of the three I could see her end up having a more distinct design than Dante's or Nero's son or whatever.
Dante's daughter the truth.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude's already dead right now, so it wouldn't be that much of a change from the current norm. :P
What you suggested is pretty much the plot of DMC1-4, Vergil dies in 1, soul gets trapped in Devil Bringer in 4.

Why would on earth would they bring back Vergil only to kill him again and turn him into a Devil Arm? It makes no sense from a writing standpoint and they'd get a lot of backlash for doing it, and it's even dumber if it's true that they're calling this one the numeral V as it stands for Vergil (and if that's true, he'll most likely be the title's silhouette), there's no way he's dying mid-story, if I were to guess, they're gonna save his final "proper" death for another DMC game, as it seems that Capcom is planning to keep on making DMC games.

Yeah but he deserves better than being a weapon. Besides, being dead in DMC or a Capcom game means nothing.
Wesker is probably the only exception I can think about, and even then you could argue that his past incarnations fit the bill since he does die in RE1, lives in CVX, dies in Lost in Nightmares, lives in RE5 and dies at the end (for good).

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Devil Arms, I hope that we're getting Pandora back, it feels like they designed the devil arm with the intent of keeping it in every future game.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll accept him becoming a weapon if it's for Nero, affects the way the stand looks and Nero adopts his haircut.

If all of these things happen, I'm ok with it.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
You could do it the other way around.

Vergil starts sealed inside Yamato and as Nero gains more power he weakens the seal and he starts hearing Vergil until he is in a bad spot against a boss, tries to use his Nelo Angelo stand DT and Vergil appears

Meanwhile Dante at a different location feels it, smiles and tells whoever he is facing that he needs to wrap things up here and a buy a welcome gift for someone

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't kill the Sparda brothers off. No need. After this game, make another one but this tiem, Sparda is the main character

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Im interesting in seeing a villain fool both Dante and Vergil, again but thats probably for dmc6

discotrigger

Oct 25, 2017
Vergil needs to just stay dead period.

Technically, he may have never died.

He was only ever said to be 'defeated' and his supposed final moments occur off-screen. His final 'death blast' has remarkable similarities to his previous non-lethal DBZ explosions. Also, considering this series' subject matter, bringing him back wouldn't be difficult even if his death was confirmed.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017

He was only ever said to be 'defeated' and his supposed final moments occur off-screen. His final 'death blast' has remarkable similarities to his previous non-lethal DBZ explosions. Also, considering this series' subject matter, bringing him back wouldn't be difficult even if his death was confirmed.
Don't they use his corpse to make the angel enemies in DMC4?

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
What? No
They just use demons souls
Considering he blew up that'd be rather difficult.

Devil May Cry 4, Lesser Demons File — Bianco Angelo: "A man-made soldier made from the fragment of a demon known as the "dark angel". Filled with either a human or demonic soul, it carries out its master's orders with mechanical precision."

Dark Angel=Nero Angelo or well the misspelled Nelo

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Dark Angel=Nero Angelo or well the misspelled Nelo
How Sanctus' cronies were even able to get access to any fragments of Angelo at all is an interesting thing, considering Mallet Island was destroyed entirely after Mundus' defeat.

Either there's more to it regarding Angelo's activities or the Order still got plenty of explaining to do...

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
How Sanctus' cronies were even able to get access to any fragments of Angelo at all is an interesting thing, considering Mallet Island was destroyed entirely after Mundus' defeat.

Either there's more to it regarding Angelo's activities or the Order still got plenty of explaining to do...
Or dmc is just gloried official fan fiction at this point.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What? No
They just use demons souls

It's actually mentioned in DMC4 lore that Sanctus used fragments of "The Dark Angel" to create the angel forms and the demon knights that the Order uses. It's pretty clear the implication was that they found Vergil's body in addition to the Yamato.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

JumpCancel

Oct 26, 2017

Virgil is an important character and the potential for a meeting with Nero, along with the interactions that brings is too good to pass up. Virgil has never been officially "dead" so it's not as if he was put in 4SE the at the expense of canonical sense for the sake of fan service.

Not to mention the obvious points such as his gameplay style being addictive and to some preferable. 4SE expanded his movelist mostly for the better, and I'm excited to see where the story takes him in the future.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
DMC has been a glorified fan fiction since DMC3. DMC4 took it to new and unbearable heights. Lets not pretend like some quality of narrative, characters or lore is being undermined here by bringing Vergil back.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017

Pretty much this. I recall in some old interview they say something similar, that it was never outright stated he dead. And even if he were? Man's been popular since he dropped (I still remember begging hard when vanilla DMC3 came out for a Vergil edition!) - still one of my fave characters in all of gaming.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
What I really want to know about DMC5 is, are the weapons and abilities and such all going to be totally revamped again, or will they essentially port the loadouts from DMC4SE and add to them? I feel like Dante would be fine as is, with the other 4 characters needing 1 or two additional weapons. As cool as new loadouts would be, I do wonder if the effort would be better spent on additional levels and enemies as well as game optimisation.

callmeCata

Oct 27, 2017
I would like to wish Son of Sparda best of luck dodging the perma.

Hope if they go for PS4/PC that the PC version isn't delayed forever like monster hunter was.

Regardless of what happens this thread has been fun to read over last little while :D

Deleted member 671

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's review:

1) Obviously, this was all started by this leak.

But we also have:

2) Devil May Cry 5 domain Registered much like previous games have been (https://www.resetera.com/threads/de...ed-resident-evil-2-domain-updated-more.46625/)

3) Devil May Cry is listed by Base.com retailer (https://www.resetera.com/threads/devil-may-cry-5-listed-at-base-com-ps4-only.47536/) and half a dozen others who of varying levels of being legit.

4) Itsuno is working on a new game. This is not in question as it was confirmed several times by Itsuno himself.

5) Capcom listed a two major sellers this fiscal year, however there are only a certain number of titles that could be those major titles this context, one of the few being a Devil May Cry title.

6) This slip up by Johnny Yong Bosch in 2016: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9sJBNCd24A&t=8m32s

Fan: "Will we ever see Nero again?"

JYB: "There's a good chance... but I don't know what I can actually say at this point. All I can say is I haven't started working on it yet. That's all I can... actually, I'm not even sure if I can say that"

7) This is probably completely circumstantial, but hype nonetheless: New Vergil figure at Capcom Booth at E3 (https://www.resetera.com/threads/ne...tible-on-display-at-capcom-booth-at-e3.47621/)

It's up to you whether you want to believe, but baby, I believe.

801D722A0CD905F357C871AC8C614A852F473CFD

TenderContentAfricancivet-size_restricted.gif

Edit:

8) The original Dan Southworth slip up in 2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrSAydJm4SY&t=19m20s
(Thanks TheEnd)

Last edited:

vala

Oct 25, 2017
5) Capcom listed a 2 million seller and a 4 million seller for this fiscal year. REmake 2 is probably the 4 million, however there are only a certain number of titles that could be the 2 million in this context, one of the few being a Devil May Cry title.
This is not correct.
They announced "two major titles" for this fiscal year. No figures given.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's review:

1) Obviously, this was all started by this leak.

But we also have:

2) Devil May Cry 5 domain Registered much like previous games have been (https://www.resetera.com/threads/de...ed-resident-evil-2-domain-updated-more.46625/)

3) Devil May Cry is listed by Base.com retailer (https://www.resetera.com/threads/devil-may-cry-5-listed-at-base-com-ps4-only.47536/) and half a dozen others who of varying levels of being legit.

4) Itsuno is working on a new game. This is not in question as it was confirmed several times by Itsuno himself.

5) Capcom listed a 2 million seller and a 4 million seller for this fiscal year. REmake 2 is probably the 4 million, however there are only a certain number of titles that could be the 2 million in this context, one of the few being a Devil May Cry title.

6) This slip up by Johnny Yong Bosch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9sJBNCd24A&t=8m32s

Fan: "Will we ever see Nero again?"

JYB: "There's a good chance... but I don't know what I can actually say at this point. All I can say is I haven't started working on it yet. That's all I can... actually, I'm not even sure if I can say that"

7) This is probably completely circumstantial, but hype nonetheless: New Vergil figure at Capcom Booth at E3 (https://www.resetera.com/threads/ne...tible-on-display-at-capcom-booth-at-e3.47621/)

It's up to you whether you want to believe, but baby, I believe.

801D722A0CD905F357C871AC8C614A852F473CFD

TenderContentAfricancivet-size_restricted.gif
It goes even far before this leak and that JYB clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrSAydJm4SY&t=19m39s

People back on GAF mocked the community for believing Dan lol.

Deleted member 671

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
It's not about believing anymore, the game is as good as confirmed in my book. I'm just waiting to see how they are going to bring it back and, hopefully, avoid some silly stuff like Xbox exclusivity.

Dante&Vergil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm keeping calm till E3. I promised myself I wouldn't get caught up in the hype this year after so many years of disappointment.
We'll see.

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nowhere
If this isn't real I will continue my policy of believing zero leaks until I see them myself confirmed.

I'm pretty sure it's real like remake 2,now.

If that story from the leak ends up being true for the scenario it will be the best since 1 or 3, 3se is my favorite tbh.

If this has an enhanced dmc4se combat engine, and dante/Nero/Virgil

I'll be so excited. That final boss fight vs sparda and the sons of sparda and the grandson/nephew of Dante and Dad Virgil is exactly what I've wanted for like ever.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
They listed a future DMC game in their fiscal report back in 2015. I never really understood the constant pessimism on whether we would see another one, always seemed like a question of when rather than if.
yeshrug.png

Columbina

Oct 25, 2017
Guys. It has been one hell of a ride.

Thank you for all the fun posts and lets embrace DMCV soon and get cuhrazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.