• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I know Rockstar would be keen to do a RDR2 re-release after GTA V's success, but I wasn't sure how they would justify it (60fps / higher resolution wouldn't be enough, I think).

This would do it.

TrashHeap64

Dec 7, 2017
Austin, TX
Damn RIP HDD space for both games. I'd be curious if RDR remake is in the RDR2 engine. They did have all the Mexico landmass there (although low poly) in 2

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
I got excited then everyone in this thread crushed my dreams.

Will pay top dollar for a next-gen enhanced version of the GOTG RDR2.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Read Dead 1 finally playable again. Dear God, I'm getting emotional.

and this right here is why bullshit Twitters like the one cited in the OP exist - because they know they can manipulate people into emotional reactions without presenting any meaningful evidence just by saying a few words.

Again: why are we taking a random unverified Twitter account called Gaming Leaks and Rumors seriously?

oliverandm

Nov 13, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hope it's a remake. I mean, considering the amount of new assets made for RDR2 why not? It's not like Take Two would be like: "not sure about this, Rockstar games don't usually sell..."

In any case, I hope it's true because RDR is looking very old now and that's a god damn shame!

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it's true. Rdr2 basically had the entire rdr 1 map built in the new engine, if it was a remaster I would hope it includes or the same new tech Rdr2 has. Plus the amazing random events etc

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Don't people just scrap retailers for listings like these? Seems like this would be verified by at least one other person if it was real. (In other words I'm on team fake for this one)

munchie64

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
and this right here is why bullshit Twitters like the one cited in the OP exist - because they know they can manipulate people into emotional reactions without presenting any meaningful evidence just by saying a few words.

Again: why are we taking a random unverified Twitter account called Gaming Leaks and Rumors seriously?
Well, fuck.
b16.jpg

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Folks, there's a grammatical error in the first bullet point. You don't even have to scrutinise very closely to see that this is fake.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
BTW just checked real ps5 games on Anazon dont say "get 60 dollars off instantly with Visa approval" they say "pay 11 dollars a month with Visa approval". *shrug* Its the 10 dollar difference between last and current gen.

Probably fake.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Don't people just scrap retailers for listings like these? Seems like this would be verified by at least one other person if it was real. (In other words I'm on team fake for this one)
You'd expect even a basic cache or something. Not a single person saw it. No one ran to twitter with links. This one person randomly came across it and screenshotted it just in time.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
No link to the supposed former listing, the "S" in "PlayStation" isn't capitalized, etc. This is a very obvious fake, not sure why anyone believes this.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
I'd totally be down to clown in more RDR town. I've held off on a second play through hoping for a patch.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen this Twitter account referenced three times in the past 24 hours, and all three times have been bs.

Can we stop posting baseless rumors?

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I loved both games but I'm not paying a significant amount of money for this. RDR2 looks fine on the one x and series x, and my copy of RDR already looks great in 4K. I'm not sure how much I'm willing to pay for essentially just a RDR remaster.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's no way Rockstar are passing up a chance to milk a remaster for its own 40 or 60 bucks

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
RDR1 was a masterpiece. RDR2 puts you to sleep in less than 30 minutes, and furthermore, they lock the upgrade behind a paywall.

No, thank you.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Also, why the fuck do companies let shops know about these surprises? It surely isnt that hard to create new listing for unnaounced game when it gets announced. How the fuck does these leaks keep happening? It would be so nice surprise.
I'd say the opposite, the weird secrecy of this industry feels so unnecessary.

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
This isn't a port, it's a remake. The general idea was RDR1 always needed to be remade and that RDR2 has so much of that game's map lends itself to it. (It's also seemingly not real)
I'm pretty convinced that the main reason they included New Austin in RDR2 (not to mention the unfinished Mexico map) is that they need it for the RDR remake. There was very little in New Austin in RDR2, it really didn't seem like it needed to be there for the most part, so this would make sense.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Don't really care about RDR2 whatsoever, but I'm 100% on board for a remastered RDR1. A masterpiece that deserves some time back in the spotlight.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I really want them to change up RDR's story with RDR2 in mind. Hoping for expanded missions, stories, and callbacks to the prequel. Really wish there was new SP content here, but thats probably asking for too much

Nov 2, 2018
I'm pretty convinced that the main reason they included New Austin in RDR2 (not to mention the unfinished Mexico map) is that they need it for the RDR remake. There was very little in New Austin in RDR2, it really didn't seem like it needed to be there for the most part, so this would make sense.

Well if you glitch Arthur into New Austin he has bespoke voiceovers there, so I think at some point New Austin was more developed and you ended up going there earlier in the story

zolee

Oct 2, 2020
BTW just checked real ps5 games on Anazon dont say "get 60 dollars off instantly with Visa approval" they say "pay 11 dollars a month with Visa approval". *shrug* Its the 10 dollar difference between last and current gen.

Probably fake.
that's a good spot, it says get 60,00 off but math doesn't add up

Status
Not open for further replies.