Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DualSense, experiencing some small drift. Black one arrives next month. Launch controller still playable.

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Dualshock 4 - No problems
Dualsense - No problems
Xbox One controller - Analog stick broke with normal use, other two work perfectly
Joycons - First pair had some drift but somehow went away and worked normally afterwards, second pair have no problems

TKG

Apr 26, 2018
Istanbul, Turkey
The original DualShock 4 I had was perfect, haven't had a problem with it but when I bought the PlayStation 4 Pro, its controller's left analog started to drift in its second year. I bought another controller, it started to drift in 6 months. Bought another one, started to drift in weeks!

I thought DualSense would be better but it started to drift in its third month. I don't know why this is happening, I'm trying to use them with care but I guess it isn't enough. But I'm not planning to buy another DualSense any time soon, they're 900 TL (100 USD) and it's very pricey for me.

eddieXVI

Oct 27, 2017
Joycon: apart of bad connection with the right controller when I am not sitting in the right spot, all good
PS3: controllers cant be recharged anymore but apart from this still work fine
PS4: peeling sticks and Destiny killed the R1 Button on my frist controller. The other two are fine to this day
PS5: all good so far
XBOX One standard Controller: Stick drift, connection issues when wired/not wired
XBOX Elite V1: Stick Drift, broken Paddle, broken right bumper. Got replaced for free, even after the warranty ended. The new controller had also stick drift from the get go

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
I had 1 controller incident, back in 2000, one of my pS1 Dual Shock analogues wasn't working well. Had it cleaned and it worked again.

I have had zero issues with controllers before that, or since that. I even have a room full of retro consoles (so its not only the 20+ year old memories, I still use them) and none have had controller issues. This covers PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, Phat Xbox, 360, One, NES, SNES, N64, Cube, Wii, WiiU , Switch, SMS, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, DSLite, 3DS, 2DS, PSP....and multiple versions of them.

The most recent stuff:

• No problems with PS4, Xbox One or WiiU/Switch controllers. Not even drift.
  • No problems with Series X since December 2020.

I'm not saying that there arent valid manufacture and/or tolerance problems. Maybe I'm just lucky, although I generally take care of things and just play normally.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Xbone controller - nothing
Dualshock 4 V1 - battery stopped holding charge, stick rubber peeled off, squeaky trigger, triggers became unresponsive (turns out the part that pushes the contacts is a sharp piece of plastic that inevitably cuts into the rubber on V1 DS4, great design)
Dualshock 4 V2 - drift on both sticks (kill me)

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 - Dualshocks lasted 6ish months then start getting drift. Probably went through 10.

PS5 - got it like April 3rd, 1st Dualsense already has slight drift.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
ds4: r1 getting stuck.
dualsense: both controllers fine after 6 months.
series x: fine after 5 months.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
PS4 - Dualshocks lasted 6ish months then start getting drift. Probably went through 10.

PS5 - got it like April 3rd, 1st Dualsense already has slight drift.

Bro what are you doing to your controllers? I have PS2, PS3, PS4, and PS5 controllers still around and none of them have ever drifted on me. I refuse to believe I'm just extremely lucky and other people are just unlucky, the chances of that are astronomically low.

WillyGubbins

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
One DualSense returned after a couple of months, right stick started drifting.
One Series X pad faulty out of the box, right trigger made loud grinding sound when rumble activated.
One Series S pad faulty out of the box, right bumper didn't register input unless pressed hard.

emperor bohe

Oct 27, 2017
Original Xbox One controller had a bad bumper and drifting left analog stick

That's about it for me, my DualShock 4 and newer revision Xbox One cronroller have had no issues

Commodore64

Oct 25, 2017
I have a original xbox one controller that I've had since launch and I've dropped on concrete with no issue.

I've had 2 ps4 controllers with stick drift , 2 ps4 controllers that got a busted r2, and one that had a battery go kaput. I've had real bad luck with sony hardware this gen.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Just dropping in to say that the PS4 controllers build quality was ridiculously shitty and completely unacceptable.

Oct 25, 2017
Bro what are you doing to your controllers? I have PS2, PS3, PS4, and PS5 controllers still around and none of them have ever drifted on me. I refuse to believe I'm just extremely lucky and other people are just unlucky, the chances of that are astronomically low.
I think serious Call of Duty play was a big contributer particularly all the clicking to sprint.
Especially seems likely because once Call of Duty introduced automatic running my final Dualshock(bought it like a week before that) lasted about 3 times that.

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
Contacting Sony tomorrow about my pack-in DualSense. Damn thing randomly pulls straight up on the right stick.

And not a little bit. It's a full on yank upwards.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I think serious Call of Duty play was a big contributer particularly all the clicking to sprint.
Especially seems likely because once Call of Duty introduced automatic running my final Dualshock(bought it like a week before that) lasted about 3 times that.

Ahh that could be doing it, AFAIK pressing the stick down + a direction at the same time slowly warps the metal in the sticks over time.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I've been generally lucky with my controllers. My PS4 launch controller is in bad shape (peeling sticks, LB is "crunchy" like there's plastic broken in the socket, squeaky triggers), but is still perfectly functional. My second PS4 controller (with the better stick material) is in good shape.

No new gen consoles yet for me, unfortunately.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
PS4: Just the peel issue which is not really much for how much use I got out of it and how cheap it is to buy a replacement grip. Personally I feel like the DS4 was very durable.

Switch: I don't own one but i feel for those who do. One of the worst controllers of all time. Don't know how many my best friends been through. Hoping that gets fixed with the switch pro

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Only problem I have with DualSense controller right now is that the aggressive haptics and adaptive triggers deplete the battery in like 3 hours. Games that are less reliant on haptics and trigger effects make the controller last about 8 or 10 hours. No issues with the controller itself thankfully.

Had a Switch Lite since launch and that has no stick drift. There's maybe some issue with the left stick where it doesn't fully go down 100% of the time but it doesn't impact any game at all.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
I had some issues with a button sticking and then drift on 2 ps4 controllers, but haven't had issues with my dual sense or joycons yet. Probably because I don't use my consoles as often nowadays.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Left Joycon L Button completely fucked and Nintendo Europe dont have the option to send Special Edition versions of the joycons back just regular... I have the lets go pikachu and eevee ones

deroli

Nov 5, 2017
Germany
OG Switch: One of the joycons had an unreliable wireless connection, resulting in missed inputs. I'm talking about 3-4m distance between the joycon and console. No problems undocked.
Switch Lite: Left stick would not register movement at times. It was defective right from the start, they replaced the joystick, no problems since.
PS4: Right stick my console's DS4 drifts. It happened after about 2 years of use. I never bothered fixing it, since my other DS4 I bought later works fine.

So three out of four units had some sort of faults. I'm less than thrilled with the quality of both Nintendo's and Sony's devices.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
DualSense
- had it since launch, no issues whatsoever, great controller

JoyCon
- LOL, got like 3 pairs and they all drift like hell, worst controllers I've ever used and I'm probably never buying a Nintendo product again after this fiasco

Xbox One
- RT got stuck, had to pry it out and reattach it, sticks feel coarse and hurt my fingers after a long session

Surprisingly, the Dualsense is my favorite controller this gen.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
PS4 controllers from 2013 and 2016 work fine. DS4 from 2018 has dift issues.

Xbox one controller from 2015-2016 works fine and has 0 issued when using it on PC.

PS5 controllers both work fine, but have had limited use.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
My launch ps4 controller got its first issue this weekend. The d-pad is completely non functional. Probably something minor. I'll sort it next weekend. I never really have issues with controllers which is surprising as I have a 5 year old that uses them way more than I get to myself.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
From PS4, to Switch, to PS5, I haven't had any drift problems at all. And I've only used the controllers that came with the system for PS4 and PS5, never bought any new ones.

I did buy another pair of joycons, but just because I liked the color. My original 2017 gray ones still work well.

Matzpxl

Jun 4, 2019
Brasília, Brazil
Joycon drift all the way, but a little cleaning with isopropyl alcohol and q-tips seem to mitigate the issue.

My launch DualShock 4 had issues (not registering input) with the right trigger after 5~6 years of use, but that's about it. No issue so far with DualSense.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 Launch controller: Rubber from both analogue sticks went off, but I replaced them some cheap replacements. Doesn't feel the same though, still a perfectly usable controller.

PS4 Pro Controller: No issues

2x Xbox One Controllers that I use on PC: No issues

Joycons: Drift, but I fixed that with WD40 Electric Contact Spray for now. I didn't use the Joycons much since then.

Spheromancer

Sep 24, 2020
I dont think Ive ever had an issue with any controller in the history of my gaming life besides one xbox one controller I bought for the design and returned because it came with bad drift

Jetsun Mila

Apr 7, 2021
Dualshock 3 controller that I use mainly for PC gaming - R2/L2 triggers got so loose that they pretty much trigger on their own. Bought another used PS3 controller and guess what, after a few months same problem. Everything else works but the triggers always get too loose.

Turbocharge

Sep 28, 2020
PS4: 2 Dualshock 4s. No issues.
PS5: Left analogue stick starting drifting a while back. Issue seems to have disappeared. Might have been a bit of trapped dust that has since moved, or it could have been a controller firmware update that fixed it.
Xbox One: 2 of the original style controllers. No issues.
Switch: Left joycon analogue stick starting drifting a while back. Had to replace the stick with one from eBay. Calibration tool shows that the new stick isn't centered properly either, but it's within the deadzone, so it doesn't drift yet. Right joycon sometimes disconnects randomly. No fix for this yet, but it's rare enought that it hasn't cropped up in a while.

Edit - Actually, I just remembered that I have 4 Dualshock 4s. I bought some additional ones for my PS Classic and PSTV as well. All working fine.

DoctorPlayer MD

"This guy are sick"
Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
Switch.

Original Joy-cons were drifting, sent them to repair 6 months ago, and now they are starting to drift again.

Extra pair of Joy-cons, still good.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny (not funny) how with some Xbox One controllers I've had, I deliberately avoided using bumpers in fear of issues by remapping them to the dpad for some games, but it was inevitable that a bumper always seemed to stop working.

I have NES, SNES, N64 controllers in great condition, but can't seem to have a new controller without some issue eventually lol. Unfortunate because I'm super careful and keep them clean, no dust on them or gunk build up, etc.

Oh yeah that's right, on that same X1 controller my left bumper (LB) doesn't work anymore.
I have no idea why, it's such a rarely used button (I thought), but there you go.

Danielsff

Aug 5, 2019
Dual Sense broke the spring on the R2.
Left Joycon with drift.
All of them have been exchanged for free, i got two new joycons and a dual shock now.
I'm from Brazil.

beau_beaumont

Nov 12, 2017
Two left joycons started drifting but I got them replaced.

The bumper of one of my Xbox one controllers got stuck but I was able to fix it myself.

The stick of one of my PS4 controllers started to peel, but it was because my cat went through a phase of chewing on everything when he was a kitten so I'm not sure that counts.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Pack in Dualsense controller got severe right stick drift, got it replaced. Bought a spare to tide me over when I had to and that had left stick drift but nowhere near as severe, it's still usable.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I've really lucked out on this front. Every single controller and handheld I've ever had, from NES to today with a PS5/SeriesX/Switch — no issues. I had my square button on my first PSP stick a little, but that's it.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I had one DualShock 4 where the left joystick stopped working. Other than that I haven't had a problem with a controller since n64. Now those were some troublesome controllers.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I broke a Series X controller by essentially sitting on it. Clearly my bad, not the manufacturing. Otherwise have had good luck with PS5, Switch, X so far.

mudron

Feb 13, 2020
I had 2-3 PS4 controllers that eventually wound up replacing due to regular wear & tear (thumbsticks getting looser and less sensitive, face buttons getting janky) and a Switch Pro controller replaced for the same reasons after 18 bajillion hours spent in Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart and Animal Crossing.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
2 Xbone controllers both with sticky bumper buttons and D-pads.

Joycons drifted. Got them repaired, then drifted again within 2 months.

3 Dualshock 4s still working great despite dropping them a couple times.

TheSpoonyBard

Mar 11, 2021
PS4: No issues, although I had to buy a new controller when the thumbstick wore down on my launch one. Still took 5 years of near constant use though.
PS5: No issues so far
Switch: 2 joycons are drifting and need contact spray on occasion. The other two are fine for now.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
DS4: All work fine, but all have extraordinarily short battery life (I haven't used any of them in a while, but I feel like some of them only hold a charge for about four hours these days) that I suspect has decreased substantially over the years.
DS5: So far, so good.
Switch: One of the joycon bumpers lost its springiness (seemed to sorta just cave in on itself), but all my other pairs are working well. My Pro has an incredibly inconsistent D-Pad, but I think that is a problem nearly everyone faces.
X1: No problems at all.