• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
And that would be our resident LiS community manager SE Toby on the right living it up with Ashly Burch at the BAFTA awards haha.
https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/984536569288806401

Sucks that LiS didn't win, but everything I've heard about Hellblade makes it sound like there's no shame in losing to it at all.
Got them in the mail today. Me happy!

20180413_121452nwulu.jpg

Yooooooo! Those look great!

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Doing a second playthrough of Life is Strange to get the remaining trophies and just finished episode 3. Even knowing what's going to happen, it is still so intense.

I+cant+hold+all+these+feels+_87201c3a1611929f25e6e8094c98fd6a.gif
I'm also playing through again. I'm wondering though, for those who have finished the game, let's say
Max went back in time, saved William, and came back to find that Chloe hadn't been in the car accident, but was as happy as you'd expect her to be given the circumstances. (William is alive, Chloe doesn't become a cynical rebel, is still in Blackwell (or would she have graduated already?) but never became good friends/lovers with Rachel, etc.) However, Max has still apparently become somewhat of a mean girl who hangs with the Vortex Club. If you were in her place, would you just accept the new you and leave the new reality intact or would you strongly consider putting things back the way they were? (Vortex Max seems like she might have had a falling out with a non-quadriplegic Chloe at some point.)

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm also playing through again. I'm wondering though, for those who have finished the game, let's say
Max went back in time, saved William, and came back to find that Chloe hadn't been in the car accident, but was as happy as you'd expect her to be given the circumstances. (William is alive, Chloe doesn't become a cynical rebel, is still in Blackwell (or would she have graduated already?) but never became good friends/lovers with Rachel, etc.) However, Max has still apparently become somewhat of a mean girl who hangs with the Vortex Club. If you were in her place, would you just accept the new you and leave the new reality intact or would you strongly consider putting things back the way they were? (Vortex Max seems like she might have had a falling out with a non-quadriplegic Chloe at some point.)
A storm is coming. That new reality would have the snow, eclipse, dead birds, stranded whales, two moons happening.

Vortex Max is interesting. We know she hangs out with Victoria and Nathan. Max is using a polaroid camera, right? We expect her to use one in every reality. Vortex Max responds to a message from Nathan with "I'm in the dark room. Developing shots for the contest". She's using a fancy camera in this reality. This Max is different in many ways.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Finished a second playthrough of Life is Strange to get the platinum and to see the other ending. When I think back on my time with the game, Life is Strange is one of the most powerful video game I've ever experienced.

Now I feel empty inside. I need more Life is Strange ;(

I+cant+hold+all+these+feels+_87201c3a1611929f25e6e8094c98fd6a.gif

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Go fuck your selfie is the best kind of cheese. Also, pretty funny that survey asks how hardcore a LiS fan are you? preceding a few questions only for them to be things you learn within the first portion of the first Episode. I suppose you'd only know Chloe is Max's bestie that soon if you read the journal though but they put options like Laura Croft so....

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Go fuck your selfie is the best kind of cheese. Also, pretty funny that survey asks how hardcore a LiS fan are you? preceding a few questions only for them to be things you learn within the first portion of the first Episode. I suppose you'd only know Chloe is Max's bestie that soon if you read the journal though but they put options like Laura Croft so....
I'm pretty sure that was just a joke with the quiz questions in the survey haha, they were obviously not really meant to test your knowledge much.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
I'm pretty sure that was just a joke with the quiz questions in the survey haha, they were obviously not really meant to test your knowledge much.
True, I thought they were trying to determine the level of engagement in the series at first but yeah, clearly not meant to be much of a challenge there. Actually, seemed more like a whole quiz designed to disguise the only question or two they cared about, if you bought the special edition of BtS and why so they can figure out how to get more people to pony up for special editions hehe

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
So...

When I see Get Even out of the corner of my eye I keep mistaking it for BTS (or more specifically, Chloe's face). Every time.

Don't let it happen to you.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone, drop what y'all are doing and play Marie's Room:

It feels very Life is Strange x Gone Home-y, is very short, and is freeware on Steam. I hope that's enough to convince y'all to play it, 'cause I just did and thoroughly enjoyed it. Don't read anything about it, just play!
Although do note I had a weird green-tint bug when quitting Marie's Room. If it happens to you a restart (of your computer) should fix it.

Last edited:

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Everyone, drop what y'all are doing and play Marie's Room:

It feels very Life is Strange x Gone Home-y, is very short, and is freeware on Steam. I hope that's enough to convince y'all to play it, 'cause I just did and thoroughly enjoyed it. Don't read anything about it, just play!
Although do note I had a weird green-tint bug when quitting Marie's Room. If it happens to you a restart (of your computer) should fix it.

i've played it,it's a nice litte game.
My little problem is the story,you guess everything very quickly.No surprise.
But it's free !

HighlanderCZ

Oct 28, 2017
My only problem was that it tried to evoke LiS soo much it became off-putting at first... But other than that, nice little game -- I'll have to play through it again to get that last achievement.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, just installed Marie's Room now. I'll post my impressions in a bit once I finish it.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Finished, took me 53 minutes according to Steam. It can probably be done quicker if you don't get stuck on relatively easy puzzles like I do haha. I really liked it, pretty slow paced but a very chill game. I like how you just kind of slowly figure out the story in a non-linear fashion as you explore the room. Definitely agree with Hella about it feeling like LiS x Gone Home. Definitely some heavy LiS vibes, some things that seem like direct references even.

Definitely recommend it, especially because it's free and takes less than an hour to finish. I don't think people who like LiS will be disappointed with it. It's basically like the first time you get to explore Chloe's room in episode 1, but in first-person and with a lot more stuff to interact with.

Rubmifer

Oct 28, 2017
Short as expected, but it did the job well. Even from the startup of the game with the music you could tell LiS is definitely a big inspiration. Part of me is kinda sad that it's that short, because I feel like there's actually an interesting story in there for a full length game.

nutcasey

Oct 28, 2017
Hello!

| don't suppose people can help me with one of the trophies on this? Basically number 5 of episode 3 on BtS does not unlock even though I've done exactly what I should. Has anyone else seen that happen? It even has a pic of it in the graffiti section of Chloe's diary thing. I tried it in collector mode and even tried restarting the chapter and getting there quickly again.

It's the 'Greasy Gunk' one if you need the name.

Any help would be great thanks!

Last edited:

Ouisch

Oct 27, 2017
Just as a heads up, Insert Coin restocked a bunch of their Life is Strange gear last night, including the Chloe hoodie and Raven shirt. If you're interested you might want to act fast as it looks like they're already selling out of some sizes (in the Raven shirt at least).

Rubmifer

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished watching the farewell playthrough by EG for the second time. It's 2am and here I am sobbing in my bed like a baby once again. :'(

Rubmifer

Oct 28, 2017
I love daughter, big kudo's to LiS for introducing me to them.

Speaking of LiS music, my playlist for the last month has been kinda LiS influenced...

lastowrrl.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
LiS Ep1

Chloe: Seeing you after all these years feels like--

Max: Destiny?

*sad Chloe*

Hannah Telle's delivery on just that one word is so good. Having finished both LiS and BtS, it's crazy to go back and see how much more impact some lines can have.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
So I had a depressing thought regarding BtS's ending and how it would fit canonically with LiS.

In the alternate timeline, Max finds that the search for Rachel Amber is still in full gear, with even the feds becoming involved. It seems that in the prime timeline, almost nobody cares anymore. So I guess that means the Tell Rachel Everything choice is canon. Sure, Chloe and Rachel had a couple great years together, but it seems like we destroyed her family, whether James deserved it or not (but her adoptive mother most certainly did not), to the point that they care significantly less about her disappearance than if Rachel had never even met Chloe. Obviously everything turned out poorly for Rachel in the end in either timeline, but at least in the alternate timeline I suppose she was still considered a pillar of the academic community, so despite her happiness in the prime timeline, her involvement with Chloe was seen by virtually everybody else as making her somewhat of a delinquent?

Oct 25, 2017
So I had a depressing thought regarding BtS's ending and how it would fit canonically with LiS.

In the alternate timeline, Max finds that the search for Rachel Amber is still in full gear, with even the feds becoming involved. It seems that in the prime timeline, almost nobody cares anymore. So I guess that means the Tell Rachel Everything choice is canon. Sure, Chloe and Rachel had a couple great years together, but it seems like we destroyed her family, whether James deserved it or not (but her adoptive mother most certainly did not), to the point that they care significantly less about her disappearance than if Rachel had never even met Chloe. Obviously everything turned out poorly for Rachel in the end in either timeline, but at least in the alternate timeline I suppose she was still considered a pillar of the academic community, so despite her happiness in the prime timeline, her involvement with Chloe was seen by virtually everybody else as making her somewhat of a delinquent?

It's an interesting theory. I'd have to replay, but I don't recall them making Amber out to be slipping grades-wise or anything. I always took Chloe's description as more the people who didn't know any better were in denial (a girl who talks about going away all the time disappears, doesn't seem all that fishy) and the people who know better... are keeping their mouth shut.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else get their copy of Music From Before the Storm on vinyl from Record Store Day today?

cFIzEQO.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So, I have a question about LiS ep5

When Max is going through the nightmare dormitory sequence, why does she turn into Victoria near the end?

Last edited: